Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The Enchantress" in MOTUC Thread

I'm in for anything Mattel can throw at us for this line, so heck yes!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Actually, I've just looked it up. Hasbro *didn't* ® "Enchantress", and the Thor/Enchantress Secret Wars pack lists Amora as "Marvel's Enchantress".

And the only live ® for "The Enchantress" in a toy-related field (albeit not quite the same category MotUC figures are listed in)? This one.

Given Filmation rights, they might just be able to do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's different though. As a non-TM'd tagline, "Evil Enchantress" should work because it's an actual word... Megatron...well...there's only one Megatron. It's like how Mattel didn't TM Adora or Adam...and shouldn't HAVE to TM Veena...because it's a common name in India, I think it is? I posted about it before. It was more common than a proper North American name. It shocked someone. I forget what name it was more common than though.
    Well, this is more about the basic principle now than this strict case, but...

As soon as an ® is granted, that's it, same as "Megatron", "Optimus Prime", "Skeletor", etc. Mattel/Hasbro/whoever could apply to have it struck down as untrademarkable due to it being a common word, sure - but they wouldn't, since that would lead to tít-for-tat. (i.e., If Mattel got a Hasbro ® for something like "Enchantress" struck down, how vulnerable would Mattel's ®s like "Sorceress", "Man-at-Arms", "Bow", "Buzz-Off" and even "He-Man" be to ALSO being struck down for the same reason?)

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Totally! She could even come with Old Man Marzo as a secret accessory (pun intended)
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

That's kind of like Rumina's story from the live action series "The Adventures of Sindbad." Incidentally, her father Turok (whom Sinbad murders) looks similar to 200X Count Marzo...and they are both evil, powerful Sorcerers.
    I've never seen that show. Is it animated??

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Just say no to "Old Man Marzo"
    OH! Where did you find that extra picture of The Enchantress in her true form?
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I've never seen that show. Is it animated??
    No, it's live action!

Starring Zen Gesner!

Here's Rumina and her father, Turok (pre-beheading).

It's a really fun show (like Hercules and Xena), but a lot of the special effects and CGI are pretty laughable now. Still a lot of fun! It was filmed in Canada and South Africa. It's funny that it's made by Canadians under a company called something like "All American Productions."

Season 1 and 2 (full series) are out on DVD...I think they are available in the U.S.

I found the episode on YouTube! It's "The Beast Within." The part after she kidnaps him starts at 1:01-3:54 and the second part that's important is 5:59 to the end. It continues from the beginning of the second video to 1:35. You have to excuse some of the bad acting.

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 27, 2011 at 12:20am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Oh!!

I didn't know about this. I'll have to check it out - thank you for the links.

I love how Sinbad looks like someone out of an Abercrobie & Fitch catelogue, but with chest hair to suggest some sort of ethnic exoticism.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Zen Gesner yummmy
    I vote for Zen Gesner to play the rol of BOW in the MOTU movie

THE ENCHANTRESS
    http://www.he-man.org:81/encyclopedi...1&objectid=602
    http://old.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu-...hantress.shtml

So it's inevitable that several threads will pop up showing support for different Filmation characters.

This one only appeared in one episode, but it was an important one.

Having The Enchantress in MOTUC would be good for several reasons:

- add a female to the vintage MOTU mythos
    - further develop Miro's story
    - because of the MOTUC canon, we have a happy coincidence in that Marzo was also involved in Miro's disappearance. An association with The Enchantress, therefore, is inevitable, and that only fleshes out Marzo.
    - she was kind of the anti-Sorceress, what with her Owl motif
    - she is a Mage - always welcome
    - she could fill out the ranks of evil in the timeline that is being developed in MOTUC while He-Man & Skeletor are in the TRI-Solar System.

http://www.frankshemanpage.net/past03.JPG

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...tressHeMan.jpg

On all points; Agreed. Wouldnt have thought of this, nor thought I would agree with this, but your points are valid. Mind you this would still be so far down on my list of wants, but I agree that it does hold value in this line, if this were possible.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    big no.
    would not want.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd buy a figure of her. She looks cool - I like the owl-headress. I would like it if she was an independent villian - an ex guardian of Grayskull gone bad - perhaps?

I would love an Enchantress figure and agree the existing bio-canon provides a perfect pitch for Marzo and Enchantress to be in league with each other in the banishment of Miro.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Doesn't work like that. If they can't call her "Enchantress", they wouldn't be able to use "Evil Enchantress" for a tagline either (imagine Skeletor came out with a "Bone-headed Megatron" tagline, and how Hasbro would react to that!)

I expect they would go the obvious route and make her an actual Evil Sorceress in line with her similar motif.
    Mattel already have the name problem solved: "Battle Enchantress"

I'd be kinda cool with that I guess. Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    Ummm.... No comment!!
    You know what I meant dammit. Not talking about any kind of Shadow Beastiality here.
    Huh!? Why else create your own evil creature?
    This is the funniest exchange I have read on this site in ages.

Its strange cos when I first read CM's post, I was thinking of how Marzo using women would be a turn up from his vintage fixation on kids all the time!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Oh!!

I didn't know about this. I'll have to check it out - thank you for the links.

I love how Sinbad looks like someone out of an Abercrobie & Fitch catelogue, but with chest hair to suggest some sort of ethnic exoticism.
    I didn't know about this either! It's right in line with my feature film. Very D-list movie trying desperately to be a B-movie kind of thing. Sinbad was a tv show, right?
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I definitely want to see an Enchantress added to this line! In part 3 of my "Dark Legacies" story (shameless self-promotion, I know--but, see my signature line), I follow the Enchantress' fall from being a Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, her alliance with Marzo, and Kodak Ungol's replacement of her. I would love to see something similar happen in the MOTUC line!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Mattel already have the name problem solved: "Battle Enchantress"
    Doesn't work like that. Fortunately, as I posted earlier, Mattel actually DO have a Class 28 (toys) ® on "The Enchantress" after all (for some doll-based line or other).

[Above posted May 30, 2011 03:50pm]

So, with Filmation rights announced, let's see...

*New head
    *BG Evil-Lyn cape (...actually, that's more accurate to the Enchantress than any design of Lyn...)
    *Frosta boots

What about the long gloves (200X Young Evil-Lyn/Mrs. Keldor, perhaps?) or leotard? Any potential sharing there (Sorceress would be a stretch) or would they have to be new?
    Last edited by Reboot; July 24, 2011 at 12:59pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Okay, I took screen captures of the Enchantress and possible accessories for her tonight!

First, parts that can be used to make her (much are what Reboot said):

- Battleground Evil-Lyn's cape
    - Toy Frosta's detailed boots (only painting the jagged part at the top though)
    - Bubble Power She-Ra's buck
    - Sorceress top (white part only) and skirt (it's very close to Enchantress...and because I think she's a Sorceress that's evil, makes sense)
    - Sorceress' arms (wrist to elbow)
    - hands (repainted regular hands would be okay with me, they did it on Faceless One, for example...but new GLOVE hands would be cool)

New parts:

- Head
    - biceps to show the end the gloves

Accessories:

- Grayskull orb repainted to be her "crystal ball"
    - Owl (her crystal ball sees through the owl's eye)
    - Drude (he could be re-used for Old Man Marzo and the torso for other little characters, possibly)

A couple more pictures (including the bottom of her legs) here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4954136...7627389758405/
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 25, 2011 at 04:35am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

i don't think the Sorceress top would work but the bottom would and she would have to have the Owl!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i don't think the Sorceress top would work but the bottom would and she would have to have the Owl!
    The top is close enough for me, and helps make her a little sexier. I really like to think she is a Sorceress gone evil, so having the same basic dress is fine (in my opinion).

I think (if they re-use all the parts I mentioned) she will still look gorgeous and it should give them enough tooling money to make the owl and Drude (as well as including her crystal ball). Besides those guys, a head and biceps are all the new tooling she really needs. Drude needs quite a bit of tooling, so it all works out. Unless they make an Old Man Marzo first, in which case he might only need a new head and frog hands.

Heroic Greed Horder Analog Jote's Avatar
    I'm down for having the Enchantress, she does make the perfect evil foil to the Sorceress.

And for the Sorceress' top, are the blue collared part and the white all one piece? Kind of looks like they might be separate pieces (maybe glued together). Thus, the white part alone would work with Enchantress.

Quote Originally Posted by Analog Jote View Post
    I'm down for having the Enchantress, she does make the perfect evil foil to the Sorceress.

And for the Sorceress' top, are the blue collared part and the white all one piece? Kind of looks like they might be separate pieces (maybe glued together). Thus, the white part alone would work with Enchantress.
    I believe they are separate...I have to mention I mean the white top part ONLY.

EDIT: I found a picture of Cursed/Old Man Marzo!

I would totally accept Drude as a repaint of Marzo with a new head and boots! I'm sure Marzo's pants and sleeves will be painted on...so it's perfect! They're the same size and shape and their outfits (minus the cape for Marzo) are about the same!

It's TOTALLY doable.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 25, 2011 at 04:45am.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I would love the Enchantress and I'm with you Darkspectre! Heck, if I had anything to say, I would let you develop this figure :-)
    Last edited by Chroniklor; August 25, 2011 at 05:20am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Hello there, Everyone!

I have to say that I would love to see Enchantress avaliable in the "MotU:C" line. She is very important due to being to her connection to King Miro's dissapearance. One of the great things about the Filmation rights is the number of independent villians(esses) now avaliable to the "MotU:C" line. It is a great time to be a "MotU" fan, imo.

Take Care,
    Darren
    Mattel please, buy the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons from Entertainment Rights. If you owned Both Filmation related "MotU" cartoons, plus "NA" and "MYP" cartoons, you would be able to distribute any or all 4 cartoons to Television in the lead up to another relaunch or a live action movie. Plus, you could include Filmation and "NA" animated characters in "MotU:C"!

Long Live 'MOTU'!

She would be cool with a 4H do-over...one question is her headdress some sort of Eternian penguin?
    All caught up on figures...now what

In a world of ugly hats, hers takes the cake.

I'd buy her if she got a 4H redesign.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'd be kinda cool with that I guess. Count Marzo could use a woman once in a while rather than just Shadow Beasts (MOTUC canon) and Chimera (Filmation canon).
    The way he acts and dresses in the Filmation series doesn't make me think he's into women.

But yeah, I hope we get The Enchantress in MOTUC!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Enchantment?

Enchantment!

The top is close enough for me, and helps make her a little sexier. I really like to think she is a Sorceress gone evil, so having the same basic dress is fine (in my opinion).
    Well, IF the blue and white parts are separable, this is roughly the difference: