Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Batros Discussion Thread

Yes!!!! BATROS is a MUST HAVE if Mattel got the Filmation Rights!

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in! I also would like to see some more Horde members...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    There that mystery with Batros. Is he a Horde member. Did he kill a horde member and wear the horde symbol as a smack in the face to the horde. Maybe Batros and Skeletor were both disciples of Hordak but grew jealous of Hordaks like for Skeletor. So he went solo. Or he coukd just be like the hordes represnitive on the world of eternia. Back when th horde was spreading like a virus. And they forgot about him. There's a million things I could think of.
    Going along with this theme, Did anyone notice that in "the great books mystery" Batros's energy blasts were snakes. Did he work for king hiss at one time as well? Working for the Horde, Snakemen, and Evil Warriors. After taking all the media we have now, I see him as outsider Spelian (much like Whiplash is an outsider Caligar) and Is part of the Hordes Eternia Contingent, With Morgoth as their Leader, Batros second in command, and Repta, Ferros, and Racheny as their henchmen with the toy version of the frightzone as their base on Eternia and the frightzone we see in the cartoon as the base on Etheria. The Dragon is the guard when the Frightzone is left unoccupied. but going back to Batros, He should be a memebr of the Horde!
    Last edited by facet; October 6, 2012 at 02:36pm.

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I prefer to see Batros as a rouge on his own like Count Marzo or Evil-Seed. If they put him with the Horde I would not be that disappointed. But I absolutely do not want him to be a Spelian. Keep his classic look of a human guy with a bat fetish.

Batros has the potential to be an awesome figure should Mattel get the rights to him!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior
    I would LOVE to have Batros! This is weird, I was just thinking about this earlier today before I even logged on here. I was thinking I wanted a Batros and that it was a shame he was such an overlooked character.

He was probably my favorite of all the Filmation evil warriors that didn't get produced as a toy.

I'll take him over Icer, Strong Arm and Count Marzo anyday.

I want a Fang Man figure, though. But not worse that Batros.

How did they not ever make this figure? I always wondered.

Give us Batros!

Lone-Starr

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    does this make batros more enticing

would have been awesome to have got him in the 200x story.

some more

Last edited by kylun flac; October 12, 2011 at 09:13pm.

Thought i'd bring this thread back from the dead. With so many threads asking for background nobody number 3 and frisby playing girl number 7 etc, surely Batros should be getting some more love!?

Cool design, hint of ties to the Horde, pretty hardcore bad guy back in the filmation toon, was actually in a cartoon with a large role even if it was only one episode.

Interesting looking dude. If anything, he's unique in that he's one of the few Filmation guys who really looks like would have been in the toyline first. It's the perfect blend of monster and human that is so common in the toyline. As usual, I'm more of an accessory kinda guy, so I would only hope that he would come with something interesting to flesh him out a bit. I also wouldn't mind a pair of bat wings to rival Buzz-Off's impressive span.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Well i seen this custom and i thought it was pretty awesome! I'm with everyone else i want this guy to be made into a figure really bad!

Batros is a must!!! No doubt, he looked like he should have had a vintage figure, hope we get one soon!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Put me down for a Batros figure in classics as well. We definitely need this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...09/Batros3.jpg

Well i seen this custom and i thought it was pretty awesome! I'm with everyone else i want this guy to be made into a figure really bad!
    This is AMAZING!!!! Throw in a Horde crossbow and give him a little more wings/cape and charge my card and call it done.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    This is AMAZING!!!! Throw in a Horde crossbow and give him a little more wings/cape and charge my card and call it done.
    Agreed this guy is really talented! The only thing I'd want is his skin more grey and some more wings/cape is def. needed!!!

I mean i understand everyone wanting him to look vintage... But lets be honest here guys he looks pretty bland if they made him look like he did in the cartoon, they need to seriously update some figures and others just need minor tweaks!!!

I think Batros looks great how he is in Filmation. Really fits in with the MOTUC asthetic. If he had a figure in the 80s and 200X already i'd be more open to updates and changes but as he has never had a toy before, I want him to look pretty close to his original design.

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ...He should be a Speleean, maybe the son of that King from "Underworld"? He vaguely referenced having a "disppointing son" in the episode!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Speleean would be good so is the avion warriors from the dark dimension from mvc comics.
    i read a comment that he could have aided evil lyn in releasing hordak on eternia.

Why not have it that Batros' people were the original wearers of the red bat and through defeat great insult the symbol was adopted by the horde.
    Last edited by Coptur; June 24, 2011 at 06:04am.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Batros is so cool!!!!!!!

I want a Batros just like the picture above this post.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I want a Batros just like the picture above this post.

If I remember clearly your a "Vintage Purist" feel free to correct him if I'm wrong. And i agree with you on the fact that the old Batros design is cool but you have to admit the custom figure of him i found is AWESOME.

I mean the Evil Horde to me are a bunch of monsters lead by this epic Warlord the custom Batros just seems to fit better with me. But with the 4H sculpting the vintage fig would look really good to, so as long as we get him I'll be happy with his sculpt!!!

I much prefer the custom that Kylun flac posted as I have always been such a huge fan of his original design. That other one does look cool though.

I love the ideas of him being the guy who helps Evil Lynn release the Horde and of him being Lord Dactys son.

With filmation rights in the bag, I really hope we get a Batros soon though he is up against some popular competition!
    I think he would fit in so well with the classics asthetic though.
    Last edited by Rodster6; July 24, 2011 at 07:27pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Now that they got the rights please make this figure soon.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Looking forward to Batros. We'll likely see him now that they have rights.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

He would make a great figure and is in my personal top ten list for Filmation characters.