Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Batros Discussion Thread

I would love to have Batros in my collection!

Yes!! Batros for MOTUC!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    He should really have wings the way Buzz-off does, using that back piece.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

I sure hope they dont use that intense blue colour?! It was more gray than blue in the toon as far as I recall...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    He should really have wings the way Buzz-off does, using that back piece.
    He never had them on his back. The figure has them almost exactly how they were in his only cartoon appearance, attached to his wrists. They're not wings like Lord Dactys.

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    That might sound stupid, but what is Batros supposed to be anyway?
    Of course I see that he's bat themed, but IS he a bat(man)?
    Those ears and fur around his head look like they were some kind of headdress. it seems to be the fur of an actual (giant) bat, so I doubt he's actually supposed to be a bat(man).

What do you think?
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    That might sound stupid, but what is Batros supposed to be anyway?
    Of course I see that he's bat themed, but IS he a bat(man)?
    Those ears and fur around his head look like they were some kind of headdress. it seems to be the fur of an actual (giant) bat, so I doubt he's actually supposed to be a bat(man).

What do you think?
    Keep reading the bios.

Honestly, I think he's either part of an Eternian race or a humanoid genetically altered by Hordak. I guess we'll learn the truth this summer when we get him.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yeah! Batros.
    solo villain or does he work for the horde or skeletor?
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Yeah! Batros.
    It's the same "problem" of Kobra Khan... for me he's workin' with the Horde!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like the fact that he has a repainted Spikor club - he feels very vintage now.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Matty lists him as working for Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Yeah! Batros.
    I think of him as ex Horde. Works with Skeletor now and then but mainly an independent villain like Marzo.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    His neck seems too long because of the overlay between his harness and hood. If they used a thin and flexible plastic for the hood, problem resolved.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    His neck seems too long because of the overlay between his harness and hood. If they used a thin and flexible plastic for the hood, problem resolved.
    That's the only problem I see, and one I don't honestly see much way around if the bottom of the hood goes over the chest harness. The problem of working in this scale is that things are many times thicker, proportionally, than they would be at full human size.

Aside from that minor problem, I love that he's finally getting made, and that he came out so well. Not crazy about him being lumped into Skeletor's cadre, though. I always liked him as an independent agent with his own agenda, a thinking villain both sides would have to keep an eye on. Another advantage of ignoring the bios: each character is exactly who I think they are when the arrive, and, thus, Batros will continue to be a thorn in the side of both He-Man and Skeletor in my Eternia.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm very happy that he's finally being made. Even with FILMation rights anounced I wasn't sure who was going to get made and who wasn't. Now with the FILMation sub, I'm much more confident I'm going to get the characters that I've always wanted. Now, as for Batros, I think his design looks good. For some reason I can't tell exactly what color his skin is. Is it slightly pink or a more natural skin color or greyish? I have that same trouble as well when looking at screen captures of his FILMation appearance.

Also, he has a fairly siimple design so why can't he have a unique accessory or weapon sculpt. The mace looks okay but I would have much preferred something original.

From the pics I have seen the figure looks awesome. I just wish the 'wings' could have attached to his wrist somehow like he appeared in the cartoon. But that is just a minor thing. As far as what Batros is, I have always thought that maybe he is Eternias version of a vampire. He has the fangs, the cape/wings, and they said in the cartoon that he lives on the dark side of Eternia. I could be dead wrong, but I like the idea.

I might be alone with this, but I feel Batros could use some more body hair...

What do you think?
    And for those with the preprocessed oppinion that he didnīt have hair in the Filmation cartoon: Neither did Stratos nor Beastman.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...34-reign02.jpg
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4..._beast_man.jpg
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I might be alone with this, but I feel Batros could use some more body hair...
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/4672/batros2.jpg
    What do you think?
    And for those with the preprocessed oppinion that he didnīt have hair in the Filmation cartoon: Neither did Stratos nor Beastman.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4...34-reign02.jpg
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4..._beast_man.jpg
    Batros is PERFECT but he needs the Beastman buck!!

Heroic Warrior
    Huh, I wouldn't have thought about it on my own, but now that I've seen it, yes, Batros should have the hairy buck

Heroic Warrior
    NO WAY to the Beastman buck. Batros in the cartoon was not hairy AT ALL, nor is he a real bat. He's a man who wears a bat costume, that's it.

Stick with the version we saw at the reveals!

Beastman in the cartoon was not hairy at all, too. But we all know he is definetly hairy.

I have to watch the Batros episode again. But in the meantime, could you please tell me how this man came to wear a bat costume? Is it even mentioned in the episode? Cause if not, he can very well be of a bat-kind race.
    So if Mattel will stick to the male buck, I will definetly customize him with a spare Carnivus body.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    NO WAY to the Beastman buck. Batros in the cartoon was not hairy AT ALL, nor is he a real bat. He's a man who wears a bat costume, that's it.

Stick with the version we saw at the reveals!
    Who said he was a guy in a bat costume? Clawful looked like a guy with a crab mask and shell on but we know he is actually a crab creature. Also in Filmation lots of hairy characters had smooth bodies as it's easier to draw.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Batros is PERFECT but he needs the Beastman buck!!
    Yes, I agree!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Beastman in the cartoon was not hairy at all, too. But we all know he is definetly hairy.

I have to watch the Batros episode again. But in the meantime, could you please tell me how this man came to wear a bat costume? Is it even mentioned in the episode? Cause if not, he can very well be of a bat-kind race.
    So if Mattel will stick to the male buck, I will definetly customize him with a spare Carnivus body.
    Beastman also wore boots in the Filmation cartoon. So what?

Sure looks like a bat costume to me. He just happens to have matching boots and loincloth for his head which is oddly not colored the same as his body? Just watched the episode and at one point He-Man lifts up a huge rock with Batros standing on it. Instead of flying away like a bat might do, he just stands there and says "put me down, put me down". Why not fly away? Come one. Its a costume.

I don't want a hairy Batros and you do, no big deal.
    Last edited by Vikor; February 16, 2013 at 01:30pm.

He is a pretty cool figure. I like him as is.