Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Batros Discussion Thread

Batros is a awesome sculpted figure, but his color of his furry shorts, boots, and cowl are not the correct color. Plus, the inside of his ears should be black.

Evil Apologist of MattelŪ Count Marzo's Avatar
    Batros looks great but he's my least favorite of the 3 FILMation reveals. But those were 3 amaaaazing reveals so this isnt necessarily a bad thing. I agree with some people who think the furry Beast-Man/Stratos body would help out the figure a little bit. Also, I'm not a big of the Spikor mace repaint weapon he comes with. Yeah there really isn't an accessory to pack in there with him but I'm sure there couldve been something more imaginative than a repaint of Spikor's weapon. It just doesn't look right to me. I'd rather the Four Horsemen either invented something new for him or just tossed in a random FILMation artifact/weapon to go with him. Again don't get me wrong, he's a wonderful figure, just my least favorite amongst Shokoti and Icer.
    -=ĪEvilCøuntMarzøĪ=-
    BLÅĮK FLØWËRŠ!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Hmmm to me it looks like he was going to have new forearms with a extra section of wing attached ( like the old toybiz Vulture figure) but it got cut for budget ,
    He looks good thou

Batros is really the only one I want, I bet these will not be for DOS. So I am contemplating getting the sub, not sure yet.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Hmmm to me it looks like he was going to have new forearms with a extra section of wing attached ( like the old toybiz Vulture figure) but it got cut for budget ,
    He looks good thou
    I honestly donīt think so.

FILMATION designed his wings so that they would flow into his forearms. The FOUR HORSEMEN stayed very close to that design!

*Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Snappy Threader
    I was kind of sour on Batros, but now after seeing the pics, I'm kind of digging him. He looks amazing. I can't wait to see where they take the bio.....

Too bad he didn't come with a few books to hoard. Maybe one about unicorns...
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

So happy about this. I'm screaming on the inside! Finally finally finally. Yessssss!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I honestly donīt think so.

FILMATION designed his wings so that they would flow into his forearms. The FOUR HORSEMEN stayed very close to that design!

http://www.grayskull.de/grafiken/new...bericht2_1.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...28848_full.jpg
    Yep I think your right

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    Too bad he didn't come with a few books to hoard. Maybe one about unicorns...
    They already have a book mold, namely the book that came with Orko. A repaint of that would have been a much better accessory, and much more appropriate to the character.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

That would be funny to have one of the book molds stamped with a Unicorn tampo.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Beastman in the cartoon was not hairy at all, too. But we all know he is definetly hairy.

I have to watch the Batros episode again. But in the meantime, could you please tell me how this man came to wear a bat costume? Is it even mentioned in the episode? Cause if not, he can very well be of a bat-kind race.
    So if Mattel will stick to the male buck, I will definetly customize him with a spare Carnivus body.
    Well, he was at the theater with his parents. He wanted to leave and when the family left his parents were killed. He vowed vengeance and worked his entire youth to train to make his only fear, the fear of bats, into the fear of every criminal in Goth... Eternia.

I always thought he was a sort of crazy hermit hunter that loved books and knowledge. He killed and ate the Giant Bats from the caves near his home. He liked his solitude. To keep intruders and prying eyes away, he created the costume. After reading of the ancient evil Horde, He added the Horde insignia, as described in ancient texts. The tales of a lingering eternal Hordes-man and his savagery scared all away.
    Plus this way he can remove it to enter cities and towns to buy more books.

Oh.

Thanks! I have yet to watch that episode, but your summary already gives me a rather good idea about the character. I have to agree that the furry body does not make too much sense then. That is, however, if the purpleish skintone isnīt his real skin tone but part of the costume. If itīs part of it, I still prefer him to have the furry buck.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

The Batman part was a joke.

And the summary is my own Canon at this point. I have NO IDEA what he was in the original cartoon other than a book worm for evil.
    That's just how I have and will think of him. I've just always loved the Batros character (he is one of the few one off characters I remember from Filmation) and created my own story for him. The crazy old hermit that everyone thinks is evil and this time it turns out he really is. A slight twist on the normal "he isn't evil just misunderstood" story.

Totally got the Batman reference as a joke, donīt worry

So, can anyone shed some light onto Batrosī REAL backstory?
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Totally got the Batman reference as a joke, donīt worry

So, can anyone shed some light onto Batrosī REAL backstory?
    http://he-man.wikia.com/wiki/Batros

I also sat down last night and watched the Batros episode. He really doesn't have much of a back story other than He-man already knew of Batros, he usually stayed on the darkside of Eternia, and he is hungry for power. Awesome character, even if the episode's plot seemed rushed. So I'm sticking with my evil hermit background.
    Last edited by EagleOne; February 20, 2013 at 06:29am.

It mentions on the matty website that Batros works for Skeletor (which I don't like as he seemed an independent villain who happened to work with Skelly once) but if he is an evil warrior, surely he would have taken over when Skeletor and Evil Lynn went AWOL, not Jitsu. His magical abilities would trump Jitsu's physical strength surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    It mentions on the matty website that Batros works for Skeletor (which I don't like as he seemed an independent villain who happened to work with Skelly once) but if he is an evil warrior, surely he would have taken over when Skeletor and Evil Lynn went AWOL, not Jitsu. His magical abilities would trump Jitsu's physical strength surely?
    Zatanna isn't the leader of the justice league, magical powers don't make a great leader

Jitsu took one look at his silly costume and smacked him down from the throne.

Maybe Batros doesn't survive the 2UB? Maybe he hooks up with the Horde Remnant? Maybe he only worked for Skeletor that one time and then became a hermit. Maybe the librarian guild caught up with him for all his late fees... Who knows?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Zatanna isn't the leader of the justice league, magical powers don't make a great leader

Batros was smart in the one episode we saw him in. Jitsu as far as I have seen has never been shown to have great leadership qualities. I also don't see Batros taking orders from a grunt of Skeletors. He wouldn't even take orders from Skeletor let alone one of his underlings. There is also a difference between how good guys do things and how the bad guys do. Often the leader of the bad guys does lead through fear and bullying tactics due to being the most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Jitsu took one look at his silly costume and smacked him down from the throne.

Maybe Batros doesn't survive the 2UB? Maybe he hooks up with the Horde Remnant? Maybe he only worked for Skeletor that one time and then became a hermit. Maybe the librarian guild caught up with him for all his late fees... Who knows?
    I agree on Batros not being a member of the Evil Warriors. Not in my cannon lol. I don't have anything against Jitsu but he seems an odd choice to me over Batros, Marzo of even Scare Glow.
    Last edited by Rodster6; March 8, 2013 at 05:26am.

Batros was smart in the one episode we saw him in. Jitsu as far as I have seen has never been shown to have great leadership qualities. I also don't see Batros taking orders from a grunt of Skeletors. He wouldn't even take orders from Skeletor let alone one of his underlings. There is also a difference between how good guys do things and how the bad guys do. Often the leader of the bad guys does lead through fear and bullying tactics due to being the most powerful.

- - - Updated - - -.
    Jitsu had one silent appearence as Chopper in filmation and a brief origin in the german audio stories the only thing we've ever been told in concrete terms about Jitsu is the bio. So we don't know if he's just a grunt, for all we know all the evil warriors have great respect for him including Skeletor. He's a martial artist so likely very disciplined and for all we know intelligent and as we discovered ambitious. You can't judge a character we know next to nothing about except for what was in his and Strobos bios.
    So from we do know about him..he can lead enough so to cause threat on a he-man less Eternia, the remaining evil warriors may follow him out of respect not fear which is what might be his greatest strength and threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Jitsu had one silent appearence as Chopper in filmation and a brief origin in the german audio stories the only thing we've ever been told in concrete terms about Jitsu is the bio. So we don't know if he's just a grunt, for all we know all the evil warriors have great respect for him including Skeletor. He's a martial artist so likely very disciplined and for all we know intelligent and as we discovered ambitious. You can't judge a character we know next to nothing about except for what was in his and Strobos bios.
    So from we do know about him..he can lead enough so to cause threat on a he-man less Eternia, the remaining evil warriors may follow him out of respect not fear which is what might be his greatest strength and threat.
    Well of course I will judge him on the information I know about him, even if it is only one appearance in a comic and one episode of filmation. I do imagine him being disciplined and smart, but not powerful enough to control the likes of Batros or Marzo. If I have experienced Batros being smart and I haven't seen Jitsu being smart, then I will judge Batros as the smarter of the two lol. Jitsu never even seemed particularly high ranking in the evil warriors. I think I could have believed Clawful more than Jitsu as Clawful has been shown in the past to have ambitions of leadership.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I really wanted Batros. I'm so glad we are getting him!
    I'm a little disapointed that the filmation character are not getting the kind of detail fisto & jitsu got.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    i would just assume Matty killed him off...

Can't wait for this guy and his 2 triplet brothers - Yeah IMC Batros is part of a race of identical mutant bats bred by Modulok to bolster the Hordes ranks since He-Man keeps smashing up all their Horde Troopers
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Well of course I will judge him on the information I know about him, even if it is only one appearance in a comic and one episode of filmation. I do imagine him being disciplined and smart, but not powerful enough to control the likes of Batros or Marzo. If I have experienced Batros being smart and I haven't seen Jitsu being smart, then I will judge Batros as the smarter of the two lol. Jitsu never even seemed particularly high ranking in the evil warriors. I think I could have believed Clawful more than Jitsu as Clawful has been shown in the past to have ambitions of leadership.
    But its judgement based on assumption, what we do now have as information and fact on Jitsu's character is what we've read in his and Strobos bio. He might be ranked low within in the evil warriors but that's due to 30 years of not being used/acknowledged by Mattel so the ranking is either unfair or not properly explored. Going by the bio it now stands that Jitsu is indeed force to be reckoned with. Non magic users in other properties have beaten magic users in the past why would Jitsu see Marzo and Batros as his superiors because they use magic when he may have beaten them in fair combat to obtain rule over snake mountain and part of the dark hemosphere or maybe they just respect him for who he is and what he can bring to the forces of evil.

Batros defeated a Filmation Beastman & Trapjaw not a hard feat and showed no leadership skill in that episode just a starscream like motion towards Skeletor.