Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for a Vintage He-Man Head Pack!!

Support for a Vintage He-Man Head Pack!!

I love the trend Mattel started with the 200x head pack, and it had me thinking of a much needed head pack. A vintage He-Man head pack would be very popular with MOTUC fans as most are replacing their original MOTUC He-Man head with the vintage head that came with Oolaar. So what Vintage heads would we like to see? I thought about it and here are a few I'd like to see: a reissue of the head that came with Oolaar obviously, now things get interesting. A vintage head with more yellowish hair that matches more closely the vintage figure head, a two tone head for TRU He-Man, a blue Faker version, a brown haired Wun-Dar version, and two specially tooled heads: a vintage head with King Grayskull's hair for a vintage looking King Grayskull,and a bearded Vintage head with a crown and scar for King He-Man. That would be an incredible set for all of us faithful MOTUC fans. So what do you guys think?
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

Yes please! I'll take 2!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

I used to be against re-releasing this head, but some time has passed and I've come around. It is simply a far superior sculpt to the "Classics" head.

So, yeah, I'd be in.
    WHERE IS THE TRANSPARENCY?

Top want list: Mask of Power Demons, Snake Goddess Teela, GITD Goddess, Snake Mountain Man, Dree-Elle & Montork, 200X Beast-Man, Red Beast, Ra-Jar, Great Black Wizard, Dragoon, King Torius, 200x Centaur Chief, Queen Andreeno.

2 Collectors' Choice. 2 2.0s 3 Thundercats 5 Beast Men. 3 Camo Khans. 1 Granymyr

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, yes, yes!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes yes yea

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Absolutely!

I am against it for a simple Reason: WHY STICK TO He-Man only when we have a Few more characters that would need a Truly Vintage head?
    We need a Vintage Snout Spout Head with a Trunk that doesn't break.
    We Need a More Vintage Looking Fisto Head
    We need a more Vintage Jitsu Head
    Same thing for Rio Blast
    This would apply to Tri-Klops too(Vintage had hair on the back of his head)
    a Randor without crown
    a More Vintage Toy Ram Man head
    Heck! Even Man-at-Arms was rocking blue hair back in the day!
    Go all the way! But we totally need the Blue vintage Head for Faker at least!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

I'd be up for an all-eras He-Man head pack; go ahead and include the two from Oo-Larr, the 200X one from Snake Armor He-Man, and one or two from Filmation, like one of him with his mouth open like he's saying "I HAVE THE POWER!"
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I am against it for a simple Reason: WHY STICK TO He-Man only when we have a Few more characters that would need a Truly Vintage head?
    I agree with this.

I would like to see a 6 Head vintage pack containing:

-Blue vintage Faker head
    -Vintage Teela head
    -Vintage Snout Spout head
    -Helmet-less Hydron head
    -Filmation Frosta head
    -Jetlag Flogg head
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    I absolutely support this! I would buy multibe of them, because i really dont like the MOTUC He-man standart head!!

With a better Head i would display my King Grayskull !

And when i think about Anti-He-man and Faker!!

Heroic Warrior
    I would rather mattel not just do a filmation frosta heAd. I'd much rather have matty do a full on filmation frosta in the club grayskull line we really need more than just a new head. We would need a whole new paint deco. And to sweeten the pot throw in an icy repaint of castaspella's blast

I actually feel the same way for Hordak. I want a properly done filmation Hordak in the filmation line. And the filmation fisto head is pretty much vintage toy head and since so many folks missed the first version I'd much rather they do once again a full filmation fisto proper. Same for ram man. Ram man needs a do over from head to toe in filmation with a smaller buck and a face with eyes

Jitsu and rio do need a vintage toy head

please release accurate Filmation of-- tri klops, merman, fisto, roboto, kobra khan, hordak, grizzlor, mantenna. Leech, entrapta, teela, spikor, buzz off, whiplash, webstor, prince adam, rattlor, tung lashor, mekaneck, man at arms, sorceress, jitsu, ram man, man e faces, frosta, bow and perfuma.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought a third party vintage style Fisto and Jitsu and it was one of the smartest things i did re my collection. The figures are so vastly improved as a result. Wanting a vintage Faker too to match my He Man. Never liked the standard classics head.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    We need a Vintage Snout Spout Head with a Trunk that doesn't break.
    We Need a More Vintage Looking Fisto Head
    We need a more Vintage Jitsu Head
    Same thing for Rio Blast
    This would apply to Tri-Klops too(Vintage had hair on the back of his head)
    a Randor without crown
    a More Vintage Toy Ram Man head
    Heck! Even Man-at-Arms was rocking blue hair back in the day!
    Go all the way! But we totally need the Blue vintage Head for Faker at least!
    From your list, Jitsu is the one that probably needs attention first. That tiny, squashed head was rubbish.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

Absolutely Snout Spout vintage head!

I'll take it! I use my vintage head on my original He-Man, but I have seen Battle Armour He-Man with the vintage head, and boy, he looked awesome! And more of the Oolarr savage head, too, please..!
    Leech sucks..!

Quote Originally Posted by smaug View Post
    I'll take it! I use my vintage head on my original He-Man, but I have seen Battle Armour He-Man with the vintage head, and boy, he looked awesome! And more of the Oolarr savage head, too, please..!
    +1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    guspena.com

I agree with many of the ideas here, and I would definitely support a vintage head pack for other characters. But I am hoping for a He-Man ONLY pack first to cover the need for various He-Man variants. I also think including the Laser Light He-Man head in the pack would be a great addition too.
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

I like the idea, but I don't expect Mattel to do this since they are so Hell-bent on keeping sub exclusive items from an official re-release. To me this is good, because I feel the sculpt is not nearly good enough, and I'd like to see it completely reworked. Then they could have a pack with the new re-worked head versions as you have suggested, keeping the sub exclusive doctrine in tact (although I personally hate that they apply this rule to accessories, especially one that really needs multiple releases). I would like to see several heads with skin tones to match each He-man variant, possibly even NA He-man.

When the current head is on the original buck, the neck looks way too skinny. There really needs to be a re-work on the neck, but since that isn't likely, maybe they could alter the head to aleviate this problem, at least a bit.

Yes, especially the Faker head!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I like the idea, but I don't expect Mattel to do this since they are so Hell-bent on keeping sub exclusive items from an official re-release. To me this is good, because I feel the sculpt is not nearly good enough, and I'd like to see it completely reworked. Then they could have a pack with the new re-worked head versions as you have suggested, keeping the sub exclusive doctrine in tact (although I personally hate that they apply this rule to accessories, especially one that really needs multiple releases). I would like to see several heads with skin tones to match each He-man variant, possibly even NA He-man.

When the current head is on the original buck, the neck looks way too skinny. There really needs to be a re-work on the neck, but since that isn't likely, maybe they could alter the head to aleviate this problem, at least a bit.
    IMO the only problem is the hole for the neck peg doesn't go deep enough. I bored out the hole a bit and it looks perfect now

I'd love a head pack like this! Let's throw in the Alcala Skeletor head too!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    I'd love a head pack like this! Let's throw in the Alcala Skeletor head too!
    Yes! Without the green, just a mini comics accurate yellow

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Yes, especially the Faker head!

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the only problem is the hole for the neck peg doesn't go deep enough. I bored out the hole a bit and it looks perfect now
    Interesting! I'll have to give that a shot.

Not sure I need THAT many He-man heads. But I could use one more. We definitely need them for Faker in both regular and one with "authentic battle damage!".

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Interesting! I'll have to give that a shot.
    I had good luck using a drill bit, and just twisting it by hand. Just do a little bit at a time until it looks right.

Quote Originally Posted by LastEternian View Post
    I love the trend Mattel started with the 200x head pack, and it had me thinking of a much needed head pack. A vintage He-Man head pack would be very popular with MOTUC fans as most are replacing their original MOTUC He-Man head with the vintage head that came with Oolaar. So what Vintage heads would we like to see? I thought about it and here are a few I'd like to see: a reissue of the head that came with Oolaar obviously, now things get interesting. A vintage head with more yellowish hair that matches more closely the vintage figure head, a two tone head for TRU He-Man, a blue Faker version, a brown haired Wun-Dar version, and two specially tooled heads: a vintage head with King Grayskull's hair for a vintage looking King Grayskull,and a bearded Vintage head with a crown and scar for King He-Man. That would be an incredible set for all of us faithful MOTUC fans. So what do you guys think?

Sounds like a very good idea, Id like to get something like this eventually. exspecially The head we got for Jitsu, that most of us feel was a bit dissproportionally small, needs replacing. in fact the possible head packs, and combinations are endless. all we need is a blue He RO 2, head for a Faker He RO, I think would be cool. would also like to see a blue Prince Adam head, whether or not we see it happen. who knows im sure well have to keep clamoring for it then maybe?