Thread: WTFWTK 2.160 - Ask your questions here!

Columbus, Ohio

WTFWTK 2.160 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.
    • Please do not attach photos. Any linked/attached photos will be removed.
    • Please avoid questions about the future release of a specific, previously unreleased character(s). The odds are overwhelming that Mattel will not spoil a reveal for something that isn't a re-release.

A random fan will be selected to pick 5 questions to submit to Mattel. Please do not take offense to your question not being submitted.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.

Click here for a master list of all previous Q&A sessions.

This past round of questions were selected by Niki.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

1. thatbloodymikey: Filmation Evil-Lyn has a similar body design to Teela. But we saw how Point Dread Teela turned out. What precautions are being taken to make sure Evil-Lyn does not have the same shortcomings as PD Teela?

2. phnx75: Are there any plans to release a single carded Skelcon figure (maybe with the wings as depicted in recent DC comics)? Roton is an expensive vehicle, but the Skelcon is considered by a number of fans to be an army-builder toy.

3. Niki: In MOTUC we were fortunate to get new characters created for various factions like Draego-Man for the Evil Warriors (MOTU) and Sir Laser-Lot for the Heroic Warriors (MOTU). But we never got a new character for the Great Rebellion (POP). Is there a possibility for such a new character in the Collector's line?

4. Swift Wind: New Adventures and the vintage minicomics have yet to receive the mini-sub treatment. While no add-on subs are planned for 2016 are there any plans for another mini-sub for these two canons?

5. Tundra_Torque: Could you give us any hints as to what the MOTU SDCC exclusives might be? In past years (e.g., 2015), when we knew that the vintage MOTU collection would be finished, we could guess what the exclusives might be. However this year, the vintage MOTU toy collection is finished, so it is unclear how you will proceed.
    Please check out my gallery on Deviantart
    Hope to see you at Power-Con 2017!

Heroic Warrior
    Indianapolis, IN
    With ThunderCats figures coming to MattyCollector this September, this seems like a primetime opportunity to do a comic book crossover mini-series between MOTU and ThunderCats published by DC Comics. (with Mattel and Warner Bros/DC Comics already having established partnerships with figures and comics) Advertisements for MattyCollector ThunderCats and MOTU could be placed in the comic mini-series crossover as well. How feasible is this to happen?

Hellbourne, Australia
    Are you still sitting on a few sets of Rotar and Twistoid or have you sold out completely? Any chance of offering them again as a LOT of collectors are still missing them...?

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page!

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Is it possible to keep the standard ankles on future collector choice figures ?

Gallifrey aka Cali
    With all the internal changes that have happened at Mattel and Matty, will the full sub line ups still be revealed all at once?
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

MattyCollector, innovators in redefining honestly and transparency since 2015
    I really really hate BS Hordak

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quagmi swamp
    Now that Tuskador has been revealed is it true that his tusks will be smaller in the finished product?

Would you consider putting Serpentine Hsss up for sale at the same time as another out of sub item such as the Roton or the single carded Horde Trooper?, so folks can at least combine shipping so the Hsss cost doesn't seem as bad with shipping added on.
    At this point I just HOPE for Dylamug and Hunga the Harpy!

At SDCC there was a mention of potential other lines being offered through Matty--is this still on the table?

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    While most people agree that filmation He-man is an awesome figure (it sold out in less than 15 minutes!) the strange, clunky ankle pivots and the power sword -which doesn't really match the Filmation design - were a bit of a disappointment. Since the figure sold out so fast and is in high demand, would you consider a second run with a more Filmation accurate power sword and revamped ankle pivot articulation, similar to what other toy brands have been using for a few years ? (Rocker-ankle)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

Baker Street
    Why does Mattel no longer include mini comics or map posters with the subscriptions for MOTU 6" figures?

North Carolina
    Since Matty has the rights to Filmation characters, is it possible that we could see a charactesr from the Blackstar brand appear in the MOTU line? The Blackstar character in particular had a cameo appearance as a statue in the cartoon episode "Temple of the Sun".
    I have finally returned from Despondos.

Sheffield, UK.
    Do you see the Masters Of The Universe lines taking a back seat to the Thundercats line in the coming years?

Point Dread
    Does Mattel plan on expanding the Club Grayskull/HATMOTU line to include beasts, items, or vehicles, or accessory packs?
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

United Kingdom
    The collector-friendly packaging for Club Grayskull figures with the removable sleeve and window box is highly welcome. Will the success of this packaging design act as a model for future collectors lines such as Club Third Earth?

Hobb's End
    The 3 Horde Trooper heads are cool but where's the General Sunder unhelmeted head?
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!

Now that all the vintage figures are done, don't let MOTUC die, keep buyin' the figures!
    2016 will be great!!!

Berghèm - Italia
    Lodar art was shown in a Mattycollector presentation once, but we have never received a release of this character. Was there a reason Lodar was shown?
    Follow me and my creations on Facebook:
    search Orsogranito GraniteBear !

Under an iron fist
    I like the 3 trooper heads, BUT for army builders it makes no sense to come with Sundar (I believe you guys did this as a costing thing) is there any way we can convince you to release a trooper head pack for those who wish to have an army of aqua troopers or new 52 troopers or vintage troopers etc??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Collectors choice sub was scaled down to 6 monthly figures this year (excluding extras) in order to test the actual demand from the fans. Since we were told that the sub sold three times its minimum goal, will we go back to a 12 figures sub in 2017?

Heroic Warrior
    So, given that the first figure in the Filmation line sold out in 5 minutes on your website, are you planning on fixing this
    anytime soon by making He-Man readily available so people who want one can actually buy one for retail price?
    "White Ranger... Dino Power"

When the non-articulated Cringer figure was released with Queen Marlena as a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive, we were told that figure was a placeholder until Mattel could give us an articulated Cringer in a few years (perhaps sharing some mold pieces with a cat-form Catra). Since that was 2011 and it's been 5 years now, has a 2.0 Cringer been considered yet for release? Cringer is a main character, and it's frustrating to only have a mini-statue of him when virtually every other main and recurring character now has a super-articulated figure released.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year!

There was a post on on February 2nd at 4:18pm informing fans that you have heard us loud and clear on the ankle joints and that the Thundercat figures WILL NOT receive the ones the Club Grayskull filmation figures got and you went on to say Based on your feedback, we’re also currently working very hard on improving the current ankle joints on our Filmation line.

My question is just what is mattel design planning to do to improve the current ankle joints on the Filmation line since we already saw production figures of Skeletor & Beast-man with the same bad ankles as filmation He-Man at ToyFair and will we get sets of improved boots later on where the ankles are flush to the foot to eliminate that horrible gap for He-man, Skeletor & Beast-Man with reissued figures of them or in a possible weapons pack?
    Looking forward to the rest of 2016 with Collectors Choice, Club Grayskull & Thundercats.........Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

New York City
    We have heard that there will be a Thundercats Classic SDCC exclusive this year, but will there be a MOTUC exclusive for BOTH Collectors' Choice AND Club Grayskull, or will there just be one MOTUC style exclusive?
    A Want List of Sorts: at this point... I just hope there is a 2017...

Heroic Warrior
    Can you elaborate on when to expect the NA Thunder Punch armor? And are you planning further pack-ins for NA?

Are you aware that the most fan-demanded Filmation characters now come from the Filmation She-Ra series? There are also a lot of female Filmation characters, which tend to be disproportionately represented compared to male characters, despite their popularity.

Where does Mattel stand on these characters that have so far been left out of the MOTUC roster?
    Last edited by Scorpia; February 29, 2016 at 08:25am.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Dylamug - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets - King Ahgo - Filmation Grizzlor, Mantenna, Leech, Modulok and Multi-Bot

wants these two demons Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Plains of Perpetua
    Do you run "Club Grayskull" as part of the Masters of the Universe Classics line, similiar to 2015's "Club 200X", or is it a separate line called He-Man and the Masters of the Universe that just shares parts and is interchangeable with MotU Classics?
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."