Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kittrina for MotUC

Count me in!

She was a pretty dynamic character in her episode (I thought she appeared again, but I'm not sure).

If/when they make her, it would be cool if she were from the same society as Carnivus. I'm left wondering what he is Chief of, if he has no people...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post

If/when they make her, it would be cool if she were from the same society as Carnivus. I'm left wondering what he is Chief of, if he has no people...
    Unless you count the feline Eternian Palace guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Met-Hild View Post
    Carnivus seems to have been the 200X update of king Paw, so probably.
    I think they will still use the original Filmation story from The Cat and the Spider episode in which King Paw's people are lost civilization. Then they could just retcon them to be a lost tribe/kingdom of Quadians and still have King Paw and King Carnivus. Just like Reboot says in his post there are several human rulers dotted around Eternia, Filmation and otherwise, so no reason why they cant be for Quadians.

I just want a Kittrina and King Paw MOTUC figure, two of my most wanted Filmation characters
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Oh yeah! Kittrina's one of my top 5 Filmation Must-Haves!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I would think they could now incorporate the Filmation concepts for Kittrina; I really wouldn't want her playing second bananna to Carnivous. She was a much more interesting and far better developed character.

And she's still at the #1 spot on my Filmation want list.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I would think they could now incorporate the Filmation concepts for Kittrina; I really wouldn't want her playing second bananna to Carnivous. She was a much more interesting and far better developed character.

And she's still at the #1 spot on my Filmation want list.
    Yay!

I agree - her Filmation backstory is really interesting and I hope she's not tied to Chief Kitten. I don't think having more than one or two kitten-tribes on Eternia would bring any harm.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I just watched the episode The Cat and the Spider again last night: I must say, Kittrina is a really interesting Filmation character. Did you notice that 'Saz' is mentioned in this episode? If you check out http://www.motuclassics.com you can see that Chief Carnivus' sword is called 'The Sword of Saz' (like it or hate it, that's another thread/discussion). When Kittrina appears in the window King Paw is surprised and says: "By the whiskers of Saz!" (I hope I understood that correctly). So, like many others here agree, this seems just another reason to link her with the Quadians.

I say: bring her in this line. I guess it could flesh out the Quadian/Carnivus-bio even more. That seems perrrrrfect to me ;-)

Accesories: the 'whiplike-thing' she uses to save herself and Teela when the Windraider crashes, perhaps a dagger or sword and a nice touch would be that demon-cat-statue.

Anyway, just some ideas here...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

How'd this get way back here? I think this would be a great character, especially to tie into the larger mythos now.

Her design might have to be altered if they wanted her to be a qadian, but maybe not. It shouldn't matter too much though, her overall design is pretty simple and can be adapted.

On a related note, I keep seeing different spellings for this character and the qadians. Are they typos or have official sources used more than one?

Quote Originally Posted by Master Jokubas View Post
    ... I keep seeing different spellings for this character and the qadians. Are they typos or have official sources used more than one?
    Qadians seems to be one of the most misspelled words on Eternia. There is no "u" in Qadian (pronounced Ka-dee-an), yet almost everyone seems to spell it incorrectly as Quadian (which would be pronounced Kwod-ee-an). Continuous spelling errors on the internet are one of my pet peeves; it reminds me of when people pronounce the word nuclear new-kyoo-lar instead of the proper new-klee-ar.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Her bio:

Chief Carnivus' evil twin sister
    i would embrace her if this were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    I just watched the episode The Cat and the Spider again last night: I must say, Kittrina is a really interesting Filmation character. Did you notice that 'Saz' is mentioned in this episode? If you check out http://www.motuclassics.com you can see that Chief Carnivus' sword is called 'The Sword of Saz' (like it or hate it, that's another thread/discussion). When Kittrina appears in the window King Paw is surprised and says: "By the whiskers of Saz!" (I hope I understood that correctly). So, like many others here agree, this seems just another reason to link her with the Quadians.

I say: bring her in this line. I guess it could flesh out the Quadian/Carnivus-bio even more. That seems perrrrrfect to me ;-)

Accesories: the 'whiplike-thing' she uses to save herself and Teela when the Windraider crashes, perhaps a dagger or sword and a nice touch would be that demon-cat-statue.

Anyway, just some ideas here...
    Excellent catch Chroniklor, i noticed that too just watching the episode the other night. Maybe saz is some sort of cat god, like serpos, that people prayed to back in the day, and in honour of him they made central tower with the likeness of him. Also if she does get made( i would like to see alot more characters come out before she gets made from Filmation) the whip that can shot out flames and energy blasts is a perfect weapon for her.

It's connections like that that I really like about this line.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Kittrina is now on top of my most wanted MOTUC females which aren't released yet!
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Would she ever be a master along with the other good guys? or just an independent character.
    I see her only being independent. Not much point in having her. she is very cool though.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

I would love to have her in MOTC and she must have a tail.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

Give us Kittrina in MotUC!

Regarding her "Qadianness", to me it's clear that she's Qadian and that there are more than just one tribe/nation of Qadians on Eternia. Kittrina and King Paw are from a Qadian tribe of longtails (particularly, from one that has been isolated from others for some time and is distrustful of strangers, especially humans), whereas Chief Carnivus is from a Qadian tribe of bobtails (particularly, from one that is in alliance with the human Kingdom of Eternos in their fight against the threat of Skeletor). That is, they are both members of the Qadian species, but they belong to different Qadian races/ethnicities.

The MotUC Chief Carnivus figure is tailless because of the cape, but I choose to think he has a short bobtail under it. MotUC Kittrina, for its part, should definitely be made with a long tail, as that is one of her more prominent and defining features in Filmation.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

The new Filmation sub makes me hopeful for a MOTUC Kittrina, complete with the demon cat statue. I'd display her fighting Webstor, alongside Battle Cat!

I too recently rewatched The Cat And The Spider (a great opener for Season Two!), and would love to see Kittrina sooner than later. We need more non-human heroines in this line!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for her to get a figure

Still my most wanted Filmation character, hope we get her sooner rather then later, and get King Paw as well
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Heroic Warrior
    She'll make a great counterpart for Carnivus! I'm in. Not only that, but if there's a new furry female buck, Hawke/Delora can't be far behind.

with this filmation sub kittrina has a good chance of making it into the line sooner i think.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    While I'm hoping for Masters and Evil Warriors most, Kittrina is among my favorites as I remember being attracted to her voice as a child, and i loved that she was infatuated with Battle Cat. I was never the kind of boy who thought girls were icky. Characters had girlfriends, and I always wanted Battle Cat to have his girl in my collection.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - LIZARD MAN, Kittrina, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

looking over filmation there isnt many characters of good that would make figures that motuc fans would want to add to there collection.
    I feel a good balance is needed. not just bad guys will be in the sub line. we need the good guys too.

Just saw 'The Cat and the Spider.' Count me in!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!