Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The MOTUC Melaktha thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    "House of Shokoti" parts 1 & 2, "The Cat and the Spider" (the Kittrina episode), "A Bird in the Hand", "Battlecat" and "The Ancient Mirror of Avathar"
    Thanks, Reboot! I'm off work today, so I will find each of those episodes and look for accessory ideas they could include with him...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    "House of Shokoti" parts 1 & 2, "The Cat and the Spider" (the Kittrina episode), "A Bird in the Hand", "Battlecat" and "The Ancient Mirror of Avathar"
    Yeah, with that many episodes under his belt, he is definately a viable candidate for a figure. Maybe he could be tricked into helping Evil-Lyn release things in his bio
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Yeah, with that many episodes under his belt, he is definately a viable candidate for a figure. Maybe he could be tricked into helping Evil-Lyn release things in his bio
    There we go... He was tricked by Evil Lyn. He found and helped release Gygor into Eternia. He could be used to find the secret entrance to Thundaria
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

I remember Melaktha being one of my first references to archaelogy. I was always fascinated by Pompeii and Mt. Vesuvius (my dad subscribed to National Geographic), and I became fond of this Eternian archaelogist. The idea of finding artifacts intrigued me.

Some people think Melaktha is boring. I just don't get it.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Some people think Melaktha is boring. I just don't get it.
    Malaktha is basically Eternia's version of Indiana Jones (although without the whole shady grave robber angle). Given the strong magical history of the planet, and how much of that magic involves artifacts of one kind or another, a guy like Malaktha would be the go-to guru for such vital information. He'd likely be one of the more influential folks in the royal court as a result of that.

Boring indeed!
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I would very much like to see a Melaktha figure--he was always grumpy, and somewhat of a jerk at times, but he was also one of the few "regular" guys who played a pivotal role in the Masters' adventures.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    I'm all for Melaktha, bring him on!
    Good trades with: Cammor

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Malaktha is basically Eternia's version of Indiana Jones (although without the whole shady grave robber angle). Given the strong magical history of the planet, and how much of that magic involves artifacts of one kind or another, a guy like Malaktha would be the go-to guru for such vital information. He'd likely be one of the more influential folks in the royal court as a result of that.

Boring indeed!
    i'm so so excited about this character it cant be contained.

i might have said this before. give him some cool accessories, some bad a** armor & a 200x style m@a gun & a killer bio.

need more ebony players than clamp champ, zodak, dekker & eternian guard.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i'm so so excited about this character it cant be contained.

i might have said this before. give him some cool accessories, some bad a** armor & a 200x style m@a gun & a killer bio.

need more ebony players than clamp champ, zodak, dekker & eternian guard.
    Don't forget Vizar and Netossa.

I hope my main entry into the "Create a MOTUC Contest" wins. It would help this campaign.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I don't know what it is about Melaktha that makes him so cool and appealing to me...but yes, he's one figure who's higher on my want list than he should be!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

I think part of his appeal is that he was arrogant and grumpy all the time on the cartoon

need more figures that are on the side of good. all though he would be another non action character like many others of motu.

Heroic Warrior
    He's okay, but a figure? Ahhh, I don't like the idea...

I think Melaktha would be a great sub exclusive figure.

Quote Originally Posted by UTK007 View Post
    I think Melaktha would be a great sub exclusive figure.
    I like the way you think! I completely agree! I do hope they make him.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I've always been on board for Melaktha. Would LOVE to see him in MOTUC! Bring him on, I say!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Spoiler alert!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I knew that Melaktha was hiding something!!!!!

Personally, I don't want him. I would am a completionist so I would get him if Mattel made him but I don't want him. He is too plain and I don't want the Randor treatment done on him. I like obscure characters because I love every aspect of MOTU but I only want the cool obscure characters. No villagers or anyone that wears plain clothing, so that includes Melaktha.

And yes, he was a jerk. If Moss Man wasn't so zen he would have knocked Melaktha's teeth out.

it sounds like with most people that dont care for the character is that he is to plane.
    that is why he should have a more modern look or give him some awesome removable robotic armor & accessories.
    that would make him stand out & make him a unique character among the other masters.

Melaktha is someone that I have been wanting for some time. I feel he would be a great addition to the good guys. I would agree he needs some sort of armor or teche armor like Duncan. I see M@A & Melaktha being similar. They are probably around the same age & know quite a lot about Eternias past & secrets. I can see Melaktha being schooled in mechanics like Duncan & making his own teche armor. Like Duncan I see his greatest strength is his wits & brilliant planning. I see Melaktha as an Indiana Jones type character. Well he would have to be tough. Eternia is an untamed world full of dangers, monster & dark deadly secrets. So give this guy a chance he can be made awesome if looked at a little closer in depth.
    Last edited by 13977; December 4, 2012 at 09:11am. Reason: Merged back to back post.

They need to release a 2-pack with Masque and Melaktha, filled with Reptile Men weapons and various artifacts (like the Wolf Guardian statue, the Ancients' Book of Spells, the Mirror of Avathar) and it would be great! This would make an awesome SDCC exclusive 2-pack.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

Boring indeed!
    He belongs in a museum! Sorry...had to. I'm totally down for a Melaktha figure, but I don't think he'd sell on his own. Traveling exclusive? 2pk with Masque? We need him, somehow. I totally dig the Indiana Jones aspect of him. One would think he'd be accompanying He-Man/Prince Adam as much as MAA and Teela.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    I've actually thought out this scenario as well! Masque's mask is just like Dr. Fate's helmet, only evil. Melaktha finds it while excavating an ancient temple and boom! Masque is reborn, leads to Shokoti being freed, and all kinds of shenanigans!

We pretty much have ALL the pieces to make him (Head and shirt being the main exception)
    Normal Torso, shoulders and abs in blue with painted neck
    Mosquitor Biceps
    Modulok (Naked Human) forearms
    He-Man Right Hand, Marzo Left had (to hold Artifact)
    We have plenty of loincloths to choose from (Flipshot, Na He-Man, Bow, Kobra Khan, Sea Hawk)
    Normal thighs
    Dekker Boots
    Toss in Filmation Artifacts with him (diamond Ray of Dissapearance, Grimalkin Statue, etc.)
    If possible give him a blue Beastman Whip and MAA Blaster Anything else is gravy.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

If we were to get another Filmation sub, I'd definitely want this guy to be part of it.

03_melaktha-1.jpg

I think this would boost his appeal. If we could get the message to the 4H & to Matty that mech armor would make Melaktha more appealing this might win a huge support for this guy. Come on this guy has a lot of potential as a character & to the motu mythos. Cant let his boring clothing attire hold him back from getting made.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna