Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The MOTUC Melaktha thread

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think I'd want an armored up Melaktha. Just the plain clothes version. Pack him with Masque and you'd guarantee sales.

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danavas View Post
    Personally, I don't want him. I would am a completionist so I would get him if Mattel made him but I don't want him. He is too plain and I don't want the Randor treatment done on him. I like obscure characters because I love every aspect of MOTU but I only want the cool obscure characters. No villagers or anyone that wears plain clothing, so that includes Melaktha.

And yes, he was a jerk. If Moss Man wasn't so zen he would have knocked Melaktha's teeth out.
    yeah, this guy is lame. i don't lame non-powered people, we already got the old man dekker, we don't need another useless human.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Attachment 88713

I think this would boost his appeal. If we could get the message to the 4H & to Matty that mech armor would make Melaktha more appealing this might win a huge support for this guy. Come on this guy has a lot of potential as a character & to the motu mythos. Cant let his boring clothing attire hold him back from getting made.
    I wholeheartedly disagree. What makes Melaktha great is that he ISN'T in a mechsuit. This just makes him generic when he stands out as the Filmation design as a scholar, and not a warrior. Not every character has to be a fighter to be cool or important. He doesn't use weapons or magic, but he does have knowledge and wisdom. Those are powerful characteristics as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I don't think I'd want an armored up Melaktha. Just the plain clothes version. Pack him with Masque and you'd guarantee sales.
    Exactly!!! THIS is how to do it.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I like to think of Melaktha & Dunkan (M@A) as very similar. Melaktha borrowing from M@A's weaponry. After all he has to be prepared for anything in the remote places of Eternia were danger is every where. not to mention traps & monsters are probably a regular thing for him.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Court Magician

Is there any hope that we will get Melaktha ?

I hope we will get him before it all ends :-)

Heroic Warrior
    at least not in 2015 or so I heard TG in the gobble(sp) podcast.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    I'd like to see him in the line. He wouldn't been an exciting design, but the Four Horsemen could add some cool accessories (artifacts) and maybe even give him a mask/alternate head. Perhaps warrior Melaktha? Hey, historians and anthropologists are cool (Indiana Jones)!

I think giving him loads of cool artifacts is the way to go. He is an easy figure to make with little new tooling and to make him a warrior or something would take away from who he is as a character.

Yes! I would love to get him and also other Filmation like Dylamug, Ileena, Delora... I hope there will be another Filmation sub. Many great Filmation Characters which will be awesome figures!
    Melaktha could come with the golden Masks of power! This would be awesome to get these Masks from Deimos and Turella!!

When I saw that the Battle Ram came with another Man At Arms I thought to myself "Should have been Melaktha with the Battle Ram instead of another variant". With that opportunity passed I do't think we'll ever see Melaktha in Classics--maybe under the rebrand presuming its not a complete restart.
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

Probably not - he wouldn't even be an A list Filmation figure.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Court Magician
    This is actually my most wanted figure. Theres something cool to me about having a non powered human along side of He-Man.

I don't think we will see him in the 2015 sub but they could do a SDCC two pack with him & Lord Masque who a lot of people want still and that would be a perfect two pack and call it "House Of shokoti" Two pack
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

I wish! I really doubt it, though. I love the idea of having him come with artifacts...maybe even some sort of "enchanted armor" he might have found on a dig. They could have him helping defend Eternia after He-Man leaves for Primus. They'd surely never go that far, but I think the potential is there.
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toms View Post
    I hope we will get him before it all ends :-)
    I was just talking about that yesterday, I would love to see him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    make him a warrior or something would take away from who he is as a character.
    I agree...

Him coming with the Battle ram is a great idea actually.

Heroic Warrior
    I think a Melaktha head would be a great idea. His design is pretty simple, but with a head we could pop him on a Palace guard or even Dekker. I know it's not perfect, but would it be a good enough compromise?

I hope so, he was in the filmation cartoon more than most of the 80s line of figures and he spoke more words on screen than any other character with his screen time. I would like him to come with some artifacts as well. Maybe that Jade Cat statue? It think that's what it was called.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Considering he was in several episodes of the Filmation series, I definitely think he deserves to be made. However, his relative blandness is what works against him, and why I have doubts that he will ever get made. I would like him, though. Certainly if Dekker got made, Melaktha deserves to be.
    Last edited by wayne-klops; September 3, 2014 at 03:09pm.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

I definitely would like to get a figure of him. I think he's an interesting and unique character and one I always remembered as a kid. I agree with including some cool artifacts with him. I'm sure the 4 Horsemen could come up with some interesting costume design ideas to make him exciting. He could perhaps have more defensive capabilities rather than offensive. Knowledge is power, right?

Heroic Warrior
    Zero interest in this extra lame character, I would rather see so many others including variants and 2.0 versions before getting regular guy.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Melaktha would be an even harder sell than Dekker. At least Dekker can fight...

Melaktha is basically a civilian who doesn't fight.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Give him a bull whip like Indiana Jones & some cool artifacts
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Nope, not a ounce of interest in this figure. If I don't have my rock girl Granita, then there is no way I want to shell out for this dud.

I would buy two Melakthas at least he was on the cartoon