Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOOD NEWS! We logically don't have to worry about if the 2015 sub will go through!

GOOD NEWS! We logically don't have to worry about if the 2015 sub will go through!

This was recently posted on Ask Matty:

Please REPLACE Buzz Saw Hordak

Q: BSH should be replaced with a Catra or Shadow Weaver variant. The ONLY thing that would make BS Hordak worthwhile is packing in some extra attachments for Film Hordak, along with a Film head. I would have been happy with the buzz saw feature being incorporated into Film hordak - that would have made that fig more appealing, and would have gotten 2 variants in 1 shot.

A: The time to make a request like this was back in 2012 when we promised fans we would complete all vintage figs including MOTU variants by 2015 if 2013 was supported. We are well past the point of changing anything 2014-2015 now. Any new development happening is on a potential 2016 line.

If it's too late, now in June of 2014 to change anything about 2015, then no one should buy any extra subs or do anything to get the word out and make 2015 happen. It's a go. Its too late for anything to be changed. Toy Guru has said numerous times in recent weeks that it takes at least 2 years for them to change anything. The above quote has apparently stretched that to 3 years.

Logically, no one should give a second's worry about 2015 - or 2016! We're good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless ToyGuru is using a 2-3 year delay to implement any changes his customers ask for as a lame excuse. But why would he do that? I say we should take him at his word!
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

*!* Sarcasm detected *!*

Court Magician
    Oh snap. I can't wait to see the replies.

i think you misunderstood.

take 2014 DC sub for example. they have planned the whole year in 2013. they didn't meet the sub minimum number. so matty only released the "tooled" figures and scrapped the other 2014 figures.

i think it will be the same for MOTU if we don't have enough sub number for 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    i think you misunderstood.

take 2014 DC sub for example. they have planned the whole year in 2013. they didn't meet the sub minimum number. so matty only released the "tooled" figures and scrapped the other 2014 figures.

i think it will be the same for MOTU if we don't have enough sub number for 2015.
    I'm sorry, but what you're suggesting is at odds with Matty needing 3 years notice to implement any changes.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I'm sorry, but what you're suggesting is at odds with Matty needing 3 years notice to implement any changes.
    the key word here is "changes". they can't change anything (which i don't think it's the truth... but that's just what they told us anyway)... but they sure can cancel anything they want if they didn't meet their target sales number (ie, the 2014 DC sub...)

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post
    the key word here is "changes". they can't change anything (which i don't think it's the truth... but that's just what they told us anyway)... but they sure can cancel anything they want if they didn't meet their target sales number (ie, the 2014 DC sub...)
    Cancelling would certainly be a change.

You're not suggesting that TG's claim that they would need notice in 2012 to change anything about 2015 is less than perfectly exactly true, are you? That can't - that can't be!

Sir, I am offended!

This thread is fun. Time to pop me some popcorn.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

No hypothetical year not already subbed in successfully (meaning Matty has confirmed that whatever the percent subbed is will be sufficient) is ever guaranteed until the end. I realize you probably meant this post with much sarcasm, but still.

I think what Scott means is-- 2015's hypothetical lineup is already locked in and even as they reveal those figures for that lineup nothing can or will be changed unless they deem the change low impact enough to make it $$$ viable. But there is never a guarantee of a year being locked in before the sub period. That's just rumor, wishful thinking and (in this case) veiled sarcasm.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    No hypothetical year not already subbed in successfully (meaning Matty has confirmed that whatever the percent subbed is will be sufficient) is ever guaranteed until the end. I realize you probably meant this post with much sarcasm, but still.

I think what Scott means is-- 2015's hypothetical lineup is already locked in and even as they reveal those figures for that lineup nothing can or will be changed unless they deem the change low impact enough to make it $$$ viable. But there is never a guarantee of a year being locked in before the sub period. That's just rumor, wishful thinking and (in this case) veiled sarcasm.
    "Sarcasm?" Sir, I do not know the meaning of the word! You should have asked me this question in 2012.....

"Sarcasm?" Sir, I do not know the meaning of the word! You should have asked me this question in 2012.....
    LOL... oh, you.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    LOL... oh, you.
    Tee hee hee.....

Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    I already subbed for 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

And 2016.

And 17

Waste of a thread.
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by Ibentmyman-thing View Post
    I already subbed for 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

And 2016.

And 17
    Yes, I subbed in 2012 for 2016 (that's what one does.) Which is no small trick considering I bought my first MOTUC figure in December 2012!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Waste of a thread.
    It's okay. This one didn't come out of the regular thread budget or require its own SKU.

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    *!* Sarcasm detected *!*
    "Ah... sarcasm... For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world but loses his own soul? Matthew 16:26 I believe..."

Any figures we're shown when the 2015 sub is advertised can still be made if Mattel chooses to produce them. Otherwise a poor sub sale performance would indeed mean the end of the line. Remember when sub sales were doing poorly and production was put on hold for other toys being prepped for the line?

Heroic Warrior
    There it is, there can be no end of the line, it is all scheduled and budgeted.

No FEAR FACTOR this sub-drive.

Buy the Subs you NEED and WANT, not to save the line.

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Any figures we're shown when the 2015 sub is advertised can still be made if Mattel chooses to produce them. Otherwise a poor sub sale performance would indeed mean the end of the line. Remember when sub sales were doing poorly and production was put on hold for other toys being prepped for the line?
    Obviously they put those toys on hold three years in advance. It's simple logic......

Heroic Warrior
    Lets just send TMS back to 2012 and warn TG of NA skeletor's backward shoulders, double the horde trooper production and cancel BS hordak for a better figure.
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Heroic Warrior
    If Scooter can not change "hypothetical" line ups, then I fear he does not understand part of the meaning of "hypothetical."

Quote Originally Posted by toyboxraider View Post
    If Scooter can not change "hypothetical" line ups, then I fear he does not understand part of the meaning of "hypothetical."
    If the lineup were not hypothetical, then he could tell us the whole year when selling us subs...

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Logically, no one should give a second's worry about 2015 - or 2016! We're good to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Love it. I'm on board.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

Heroic Warrior
    If we had known that the repainted Hordak would make it back to us FOUR TIMES before the FIFTH (Buzz-saw Hordak) slapped us in the face, I'm sure we would have voiced this back in 2012. The only other character that has more official releases is He-man!!!
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

I don't know... I can see the joke in this thread, but I also see people who are already riled up taking it as an excuse to get angrier. It's like we're looking for new crises right now because the "what if there was no toyguru" thread did not end in him getting fired. This one seems disturbingly close to an attempt to stop people from subbing and force the line to crash early.