Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MOTUC General Sunder Thread

Hybrid View

The MOTUC General Sunder Thread

So, I thought I would get in on this recent thread craze as the possible announcement of the FilMation rights at SDCC continues to grow.

Now, there are a LOT of FilMation characters that I want brought into the line, many of them already have threads, but King Micah, Ahgo and Grox, King Miro (adapted from the cartoon in the same manner as Randor was for the toy) are all high on my list as well. But so is General Sunder. Personally, I think we was one of the best written somewhat minor characters (though he had just as many appearances as many other characters) on the PoP show and his design is just great. I think he would make for a very striking figure with his armor and plumed helmet, especially since they are qualities that are not rampantly represented in MOTU. Plus, I think it would be very cool if they repurposed his base body, added a Horde symbol and gave us a two-pack of Horde Officers to help boss around the Troopers.

So, is there more support to be shown for this well-written character that could be a potentially awesome figure?

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I like him but not too much his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    So, is there more support to be shown for this well-written character that could be a potentially awesome figure?
    Apparently so...

From the talented customs realm of Mr. Hunter...

to a video tribute by org member Canadian He-Man

(from his tribute thread)

General Sundar appeared in Unexpected Ally (Season One: Episode 53) and Return of the General(Season Two: Episode 2) The latter episode I need to watch again -it has been ages!

I believe these are the only episodes he was in. Perhaps our resident cartoon genius, Manny, can you confirm this?

Personally, I like the character and would welcome him in my MOTUC collection!

Wow, Hunter Knight's take on him is fantastic.

Agree this would be a great figure addition to the MOTUC line. I would want the Horde symbol on his chest as in the HunterKnight custom, but I would be very happy if the symbol was removable (for Rebellion version). I would also want a removable helmet, thought that seems unlikely for this line. So an unhelmated head would be a must.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very cool!
    but dont want a figure of him.
    if they did make a figure it would probably be awesome & i'd want it anyway.

He should be made... He already shares a LOT of parts with the Horde Troopers!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Include his head and cape in with the Horde Trooper 2-pack. . .and I guess make the Horde Symbol removable.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    This could be a great idea... So long as they listen to us and give us a whole lotta extra's on this guy.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I whole-heartily agree with this thread! General Sundar would make an excellent MOTUC figure and is great re-use of the Horde Trooper pieces.

I loved him the first time he stepped on screen! I'm surprised I didn't speak up earlier.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    General Sunder deserves a MOTUC figure, but not before 2 or 3 years.

There are too many cool characters with a much better look, begging to be released first !

I guess he could reuse some Horde Troopers parts... Of course, we need Horde Troopers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    General Sunder deserves a MOTUC figure, but not before 2 or 3 years.

There are too many cool characters with a much better look, begging to be released first !
    I am sorry, but I always find this application as "logic" to be rather curious. Even if we set aside the subjective stance of "too many characters with a much better look" assertion, past 2009, release patterns have not favored "important" chracters in this line at all. That is a sure-fire way to shorten the life. It is about balance. For this character, and for any other of his popularity stature, there is a place for them in a regular release pattern that is not relegated to the moving target of "2 or 3 years down the road".

The same can be said about just about every other Filmation character that has been released in the main line. I am glad for the additional details.
    Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

The same can be said about just about every other Filmation character that has been released in the main line.
    Why yes, yes it can. But here, the issue is that Sunder isn't as simple and streamlined anymore. Putting a few extra subtle details on She-Ra's gauntlets won't change the visual impact very much. But those robotic gashes in his thighs are unsightly and I am not fond of the boots and calves either. From the waist up he looks pretty good but I really just wanted a straight Filmation translation here and I'm very disappointed that that isn't happening, because I doubt we will get another shot at this figure.

I agree that someone like Castaspella looks pretty much perfectly Filmation even with a few small added details but Sunder does not.

This is about parts reuse. Sunder has little to do with the aesthetics of the vintage Horde MOTU figures. He was Filmation through and through. So, this feels as frustrating as Failmation Hordak did in a way. I may just be the only one annoyed by it because he's a comparatively minor character.
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; February 21, 2016 at 11:03am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I may just be the only one annoyed by it because he's a comparatively minor character.
    Personally, I'm more annoyed by the lack of an un-helmeted head than I am by the parts re-use. Sure, Sunder comes with three alternate heads for Horde Troopers, but he's a character worthy of having how own alternate head.

Heroic Warrior
    He needs black feet.. other than that I think this figure is great and close enough to the cartoon for me. I hope they release red knight too.

Anyone notice the awesome new weapon included with general Sunder, the horde battleaxe (half Blade) looks amazing. Seems like no one mentioned it from toyfair.
    horde axe.jpg
    horde axe1.jpg
    horde axe2.jpg

Quite pleased indeed! Now I just need to decide if I am going to not shut up about General Tataran, Ileena, King Ahgo, or Zilora next.
    Most Wanted: Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Ileena, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Lodar, King Tamusk, Hunga the Harpy, King Micah, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Quite pleased indeed! Now I just need to decide if I am going to not shut up about General Tataran, Ileena, King Ahgo, or Zilora next.
    Oh I would love General Tataran in Collectors Choice
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Why would you?? All of those characters would be wonderful to get! They need to be pushed!

I understand wanting the sleeker Filmation Design because it's faithful to the source Material. (I kinda do)
    Mattel could have easily had the Horsemen make a Sleeker armor for the General and it would have looked cool.
    (Maybe Reusing Extendar's thighs with new Lower legs and maybe new arms)
    But in all fairness, in the cartoon Sunder's armor was a slightly Modified Horde Trooper armor. So, it makes sense to have a "Classics Sunder" being a slightly modified Classics Horde Trooper armor.

Now if they make a Lohni, THAT would be interesting... I'd probably get 2 to make a non-Despara FC Adora out of one...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    General Tataran is a must have - MOTUC needs Goblins
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    General Tataran is a must have - MOTUC needs Goblins
    Heck yes! Tataran himself and 2 goblin 2 pack!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Please don't shut up about those. Ileena and Zilora are two of my most wanted, and I'd gladly make room for the other two, as well.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Please go on and on about getting a King Ahgo!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"