Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The MOTUC General Sunder Thread

The MOTUC General Sunder Thread

So, I thought I would get in on this recent thread craze as the possible announcement of the FilMation rights at SDCC continues to grow.

Now, there are a LOT of FilMation characters that I want brought into the line, many of them already have threads, but King Micah, Ahgo and Grox, King Miro (adapted from the cartoon in the same manner as Randor was for the toy) are all high on my list as well. But so is General Sunder. Personally, I think we was one of the best written somewhat minor characters (though he had just as many appearances as many other characters) on the PoP show and his design is just great. I think he would make for a very striking figure with his armor and plumed helmet, especially since they are qualities that are not rampantly represented in MOTU. Plus, I think it would be very cool if they repurposed his base body, added a Horde symbol and gave us a two-pack of Horde Officers to help boss around the Troopers.

So, is there more support to be shown for this well-written character that could be a potentially awesome figure?

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I like him but not too much his armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    So, is there more support to be shown for this well-written character that could be a potentially awesome figure?
    Apparently so...

From the talented customs realm of Mr. Hunter...

to a video tribute by org member Canadian He-Man

(from his tribute thread)

General Sundar appeared in Unexpected Ally (Season One: Episode 53) and Return of the General(Season Two: Episode 2) The latter episode I need to watch again -it has been ages!

I believe these are the only episodes he was in. Perhaps our resident cartoon genius, Manny, can you confirm this?

Personally, I like the character and would welcome him in my MOTUC collection!

Wow, Hunter Knight's take on him is fantastic.

Agree this would be a great figure addition to the MOTUC line. I would want the Horde symbol on his chest as in the HunterKnight custom, but I would be very happy if the symbol was removable (for Rebellion version). I would also want a removable helmet, thought that seems unlikely for this line. So an unhelmated head would be a must.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very cool!
    but dont want a figure of him.
    if they did make a figure it would probably be awesome & i'd want it anyway.

He should be made... He already shares a LOT of parts with the Horde Troopers!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Include his head and cape in with the Horde Trooper 2-pack. . .and I guess make the Horde Symbol removable.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    This could be a great idea... So long as they listen to us and give us a whole lotta extra's on this guy.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

I would like to have him as a figure cause he can be a good expansion for both the horde and the rebellion. I wouldn't put him in a 2-pack but rather as a a-list variant to the Horde Trooper. Give him 2 heads, a cape and a removable horde symbol.

I want a Colonel Blast figure too!
    Got Fur

I want a Glimmer by the end of 2012 and Extendar by 2013!
    Other Wants:
    MotU: Rokkon, Stonedar, Dragstor, Modulok, Multi-bot, Horde Trooper, DB Skeletor
    PoP: Peekablue, Madam Razz, Lighthope, Kowl
    NA: Quakke, Sagitarr
    MYP: Hawk, Queen Andreenos, Lord Dactys
    Mini-Comics: Kex Queen, Tug-of-War Yellow Warrior, King Hiss' Slave Girl

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    horde trooper body, carnivus' cape and all we need is a new head and we have sunder!

hes a very cool character, loved the moment when he threatened hordak to punish him

I just watched the "Return of the General" episode tonight and it made my want for Sunder grow even more. While most Filmation-originated characters were only in a single episode (save for the "big guns"), the development that he got in his second episode was almost even better than the first. I love the scene where he is setting up the bottles on the fence and then blasts them. I truly hope that since he would share a good deal of parts with the Horde Troopers, his MOTUC figure stands a good chance of being produced. Of course he needs his twin blasters, but I hope he gets a helmet-less head too.

Can't wait for him.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I whole-heartily agree with this thread! General Sundar would make an excellent MOTUC figure and is great re-use of the Horde Trooper pieces.

I loved him the first time he stepped on screen! I'm surprised I didn't speak up earlier.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    General Sunder deserves a MOTUC figure, but not before 2 or 3 years.

There are too many cool characters with a much better look, begging to be released first !

I guess he could reuse some Horde Troopers parts... Of course, we need Horde Troopers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    General Sunder deserves a MOTUC figure, but not before 2 or 3 years.

There are too many cool characters with a much better look, begging to be released first !
    I am sorry, but I always find this application as "logic" to be rather curious. Even if we set aside the subjective stance of "too many characters with a much better look" assertion, past 2009, release patterns have not favored "important" chracters in this line at all. That is a sure-fire way to shorten the life. It is about balance. For this character, and for any other of his popularity stature, there is a place for them in a regular release pattern that is not relegated to the moving target of "2 or 3 years down the road".

Not one I'm chomping for, but he is nifty looking!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i never saw him in any of the episodes.
    was he in just one ep?

He was in two episodes. I believe the first one is called "An Unexpected Ally" and the second is "The Return of the General".

i totally want a GEN SUNDER. he's probably one of the best characters in all of filmation and just a pretty rad character in general.

i just watched canadian he-man's general sunder video with the 3 doors down track their sound reminds me of 10 years ago when i was in college...anyway cool video

Sunder is definitely on my wish list. And a terrific cross-over character too, for those He-fans afraid of pink

Horde troopers body, heman head, vykron "spaceace" helmet [with sculpy modification & Helmet top from a 300 figure], and "Vintage style" randor cape, Man-E-Faces Pistol repainted...

...Bam.. done.

I have wanted Sunder since I was a child. I had a knockoff in a red cape with a silver helmet who played him as a kid-- I think he was one of the Warlord figures.

If we're not getting a Sunder in MOTUC, I will definitely be ordering a custom from someone. He is essential to my mythos.
    Signed by-- ME!

---
    Did I ever grow up? Probably not. I'm sure the day-glo socks gave it away anyway.

Snappy Threader
    I like General Sunder, and I like Veebs, so yeah, removable helmet with a Veebs head instead of a Val Kilmer head.

Haha, I just now saw that last post when I realized it would be a good time to kick this thread up again. Oh dear.

Anyhow - Since the Troopers were shown at SDCC, now is the time for Sunder. He is such a strong character and if they do another Filmation sub (fingers crossed) or even a PoP sub, he would be a fantastic candidate.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook