Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The MOTUC General Sunder Thread

I agree, Veebs. I've loved this guy for a long time, and yes, he's a very strong character. Plus, he'd be such an easy figure to make! Most of the body is already tooled - the only new parts he'd need would be slightly different chest armour (lacking the Horde symbol), his pistol, the cape (although maybe they could re-use Strobo's), and two heads (helmeted and un-helmeted).

Yep! He is the kind of character that I hope does not get pushed aside in the new road map, so another Filmation sub would be really cool. The GR display is going to look so cool as we add members, he will be a very different addition to the colors and shapes that are already filling in.

Plus, the only way to make the Horde armor cooler is to put a huge crested helmet on top!
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Go Sunder, go!!

Ive said it before and ill say it again...Sunder's episodes are THE best in POP & MOTU combined!
    Great story telling and script...how often can we say the script was actually dynamic in a Filmation cartoon...lets be honest!

I completely agree, and "Return of the General" is my favorite Filmation episode. The plot is fantastic and it is a lot more urgent than most Filmation episodes. Plus, the scene where Sunder is suiting back up and taking target practice is so classic vengeance/western, he walks right into Angella's court a certified bad ass.

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

In addition to two heads and dual blasters, I'd love him to come with a stun baton (I seriously want so many of these).

I'm really eager to see what the 4H do to classicize his helmet.

My only concern with Sunder is that I'd want to be able to make him look less like a member of the Horde. But how do you do that if he's wearing his (awesome) Roman-style Horde armor? Having an extra, unhelmeted head would be a good thing...but...I don't know. Part of me wishes we could get a body of him in the overalls, you know?

It'll be interesting to see how they pull him off (if they try).

I've sorta thought there would be armor reuse. sunder organizes a squad of rebels who collect scrap horde troopers and use their armor to make armor for the GR.

Heroic Warrior
    Just watched "Unexpected Ally" and "Return of the General" last night. Both were awesome. I apologize for not wanting this figure sooner, Veebs. I'm thinking the Horde Trooper body, crested helmet head, new armor with cape, and a belt with double pistols. That'd be perfect. The extra accessories are costed out because the main body is a re-use.

As this amazing custom shows, he would make a GREAT MOTUC figure so everyone can have one!

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

O.M.Gosh!!!is that the Tin head!!??
    He is awesome!
    How could anyone not want him!!??

Now that Sunder took his opening round poll, now is the time to really support his inclusion in MOTUC! Several third party kits have been made, so the demand is certainly there and getting some good reuse out of some of that Horde Trooper body would be a boon to the MOTUC part library.

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/01/first-l...conversion-kit

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/12/masters...-sunder-custom

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/08/top-fiv...verse-classics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    This man is a controversy in itself, becuase is he evil horde or the defector of the horde. I want him made, but where do you put him.

But that is the beautiful thing - you can choose where to put him. I for one would put him with the Rebellion because that group needs more makes in its ranks, and he would be perfect as their chief military strategist. However, he would look AMAZING leading an infantry of Horde Troopers into battle.

So basically, you cannot go wrong.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

This guy making it to the final round of the 2016 MOTUC Character Selection Polls really surprised me.
    So tell me Sunder fans, what is it you like about this guy? Is its his design? his story? I'm not trolling here or anything, as someone who as no interest in him I'm juts really interested in knowing why he's apparently so popular
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    This guy making it to the final round of the 2016 MOTUC Character Selection Polls really surprised me.
    So tell me Sunder fans, what is it you like about this guy? Is its his design? his story? I'm not trolling here or anything, as someone who as no interest in him I'm juts really interested in knowing why he's apparently so popular
    Unlike many other characters he had an development. He appeared in two episodes. In his first appearance he was a Horde General who had some sense of humanity, he let one girl escape instead of in prison her and than he even stood up against Hordak but in the end decided to leave the Horde and fight for a cause.

In his second appearance we saw he married Mally, the girl he let escape and they had a daughter. He became a farmer but when his family was captured along with the rest of his village he became the General again and together with She-ra they rescued the villagers.

He has a heart and a cause that makes him very human. Something that was missing with other characters.

Plus he is strong, a good fighter and great with his laser gun.
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Niki pretty much said what needs to be said - Sunder is a very interesting, and well developed Filmation character who got a lot of characterization in just a couple of episodes (that still puts him having more episodes than most Filmation characters, though). He is obviously a great military strategist and is the only Horde member we ever met that was so highly ranked. Adora recalled that he was her commander and mentor, so her character was shaped in some way by him. To me, that means that, even though Hordak's inner circle and Force Captains enjoyed his favor, in the grand scheme of Horde Prime's military, Sunder outranked all of them (save Hordak, of course). He also plays a nice contrast to Adora in that he was never brainwashed or held by Shadow Weaver so even in the face of being a career military man, his morality ultimately prevailed when he defected from the Horde, which was a choice that he made knowing full well the reality of his past.

Plus, he takes the great Trooper design and gives it a crested helmet, so it is made even more imposing.

I strongly suggest checking out the PoP episodes, "An Unexpected Ally" and "The Return of the General" as I will argue that they are two of the best Filmation MOTU episodes that were ever done (seriously). The "preparing for battle" sequence in the latter episode is worth it alone.

He would make a fantastic figure and give a little more life to the majority of that Trooper body.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

I hope this guy gets made.

You know, since they would likely have to make new armor for Sunder, it could easily be shared with Kol-Darr, a great 1-shot character that has a very toyetic design. 2015 is going to be fun, but I cannot wait for '16!

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook