Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Figure Face-Off - 200x VS Classics

For He-Man, Man-at-Arms, Evil-Lyn, and Skeletor: Classics. Because the prefilmation designs trump everything else, and I prefer the classic style. I do like 200x Evil-Lyn though.

Leech: Classics, because I prefer the classic style and he's very well made.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    the hyper anime detail look is dead people...get over it.. haha

seriously i like the classic look better....not saying I don't want some looks of the 200x figures transfered to classic style... i just can't wait for an evil lyn, randor, and he-man

It's a bit tough.
    I love the 200X look, but with MOTUC proportions and articulation.
    Based in looks alone:
    He-Man: More towards 200X
    MAA: More towards MOTUC. (Love the 200X Body Armor, Hate the Oversized Shoulderpad)
    Skeletor: 200X Hands down!
    Evil Lyn: 200X
    Leech" 200X
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I envision the Holy Era War coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Classics for all of them for me as well. I sort of accepted the aesthetic of 200x back when it was going, but I know a part of it was simply that I was so excited to get ANYTHING MOTU related in toy form again. As we move further and further away from that time and place, the less I like it and I am glad that it is more a part of MOTU history rather than where we are now. Classics is the best aesthetic for me and I feel it does a much better job capturing the feel and spirit of MOTU than 200x ever did.

To me, 200x was adapting MOTU to the time and place of its era where as Classics is more about adapting the time and place of this era into MOTU.
    +1, Thumbs Up, "like", etc.... Nuff said.

Hyper anime was a product of the times and it is now [thankfully] retired. Maybe if MOTU was a Japanese trading card game it would be more acceptable.

MOTU is not Transformers and isn't reincarnated every couple years. Attempts like New Adventures and 200x are easily forgotten yet the original will always continue to live on strong in the hearts and minds of many, many more fans.

Just look at the threads while the MYP series was airing. No one really cared about it unless they unveiled a character or idea that everyone remembered from the original era, then the thread exploded and the episode was an "instant hit". Especially if Larry DiTillio was involved = instant win.

-Evil Vintage 80s Purist/Era War Instigator

Edit: I got a little off topic. The only 200x figure that I would even consider being better is 200x Evil-Lyn and that's mostly due to color scheme. I love the classic blue and yellow, but the purple and pale just looks better.
    Last edited by Count Marzo; May 27, 2011 at 06:49pm.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

MOTUC: He-Man, Man-At-Arms, Skeletor
    200X: Evilyn, Leech

200X was awesome in regards to the unique sculpts and the incredible amount of detailing on the figures but the way they have been painted just doesn't do them justice.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe we can do this now that it isn't 2008-2009.

He-Man: Classics
    Man-At-Arms: Tie
    Skeletor: 200X
    Evil-Lyn: 200X
    Leech: 200X

I'm the flip side of VeeBs. Classics are the best MOTU figures ever, but 200X had better designs for the most part.

For me, 200X was MOTU catered to my now adult tastes. MOTU had evolved with not only more detail, but getting rid of the parts re-use by having unique sculpts on these great characters. It really hurt when Classics took one huge step back due to not having the insane budget that 200X must have had. As absurd as I found them during 200X, re-used parts was "in" again and unique sculpts was suddenly something bad. I'm not going from my childhood memories of the characters. That was 30 years ago. Today, I base my opinions from my current feelings.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I think Classics He-Man is the best He-Man figure that we've ever had. Although I still yearn for a 200X He-Man variant, I like the classic costume a little better.

Classics Skeletor looked rather silly when you were coming off 200X Skeletor. My immediate criticism when he was unveiled was that he didn't look scary enough.

200X Man-At-Arms was a huge improvement over the original, having gotten rid of green parts re-use for an actual bodysuit. However, Classics Man-At-Arms is also great figure, having brought back the dark green fur from the 8 back, 2 heads and having additional weapons on his back.

Evil-Lyn finally had her own unique look in 200X and no longer re-used parts from Teela. I wish Classics Evil-Lyn would have come with her mini-comic cape...anything to further differentiate herself from Teela.

The Leech staction looks better than the Classics figure because of the hunchback of the torso and smaller head, not the overall design.
    +1, Thumbs Up, "like", etc... enough said.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

200x wins them all except for Heman
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    MOTU is not Transformers and isn't reincarnated every couple years.
    Normal MOTU DOES get reincarnated every couple of years. This is the fifth canon of MOTU. We have Pre-Filmation, Filmation, 1987 movie, 200X and Classics. All different versions of the same characters.

Attempts like New Adventures and 200x are easily forgotten yet the original will always continue to live on strong in the hearts and minds of many, many more fans.
    Such Vintage Purist drivel!

200X is THIS storyline. Gars, Despondos, King Grayskull, Caligars, Andreenids, Zalesia, Anwat Gar, techno swords, character origins...it all lives on in Classics.

As we say in the inner city, "You in mah house, now!"

For the less informed: I'm messing with Marzo. We kid around alot. Especially in chat.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Declaring a Holy Era War!!1!

Normal MOTU DOES get reincarnated every couple of years. This is the fifth canon of MOTU. We have Pre-Filmation, Filmation, 1987 movie, 200X and Classics. All different versions of the same characters.
    Well IN MY CANON 82-87 is the original era or whatever you want to call it of MOTU and that includes POP as well. "Pre-Filmation", Filmation, and the 87 movie are all the same Era to me. Nothing got reincarnated during that time. It was going strong, it never stopped. Like I said it's not Transformers and isn't recycled every couple years.

Such Vintage Purist drivel!

200X is THIS storyline. Gars, Despondos, King Grayskull, Caligars, Andreenids, Zalesia, Anwat Gar, techno swords, character origins...it all lives on in Classics.

As we say in the inner city, "You in mah house, now!"

For the less informed: I'm messing with Marzo. We kid around alot. Especially in chat.
    200x is THIS storyline because they dont have access to all the 80s stuff like Filmation. So 200x is the most recent/easiest stuff for them to work with. If they did have access to EVERYTHING, I guarantee there would be WAY more Filmation storyline because that's the majority's favorite that they grew up with. Sorry 200x fans.

Oh and all that stuff sucks! You can keep your Gars (racist term), King Grayskull (worst He-Man idea ever), Caligars/Andreenids (pointless side story characters that make for bad episodes), Anwat Gar (worst MYP episode ever!), techno swords (just plain disgrace.), etc....

Despondos and Zalesia are the only cool things that I find acceptable outta that list of things mostly because they are places.

For the less informed: I'm not messing with MGM. We kid around a lot, but he likes the inferior things of my favorite properties. Especially in the chatroom!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I have to say I like both Skeletors. While I have 30 years of loving the classic look, the 200x certainly made him a more scary body and the colour nuances on the armor and detail for 200x is much appreciated.

The clean cut look of Classics He-Man and Man-At-Arms wins out over the angular. Plus I really didn't like the impression given of the 200x figure that MAA was part cyborg (especially in the legs). The over-exaggeration of 200x is on full display with an unnecessarily large shoulder-armor.

However, the 200x arm-canon is an awesome weapon I would like to see incorporated into classics.

Staction Leech is without doubt the best design of that figure ever!

I like both Lyns, but yellow skin will always win out for me.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

It'd be interesting if the sculptors of 200x were asked to work on MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It'd be interesting if the sculptors of 200x were asked to work on MOTUC.
    That's a joke right? lol

I love both of each figure but the classics sculpts for me are much better. I never liked the pinhead look of 200X MAA and Skeletor, and 200X He-Man looks as if he's straining to take a poop. As Flor2099 saidthe He-Man and Evil Lyn stactions were MUCH better than their toy counterparts.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

80sMasters.com freespeach Brian Ozone's Avatar
    200x Evil lyn is way better.
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC He-man(nostalgia)
    200x Man-At-Arms(He looks massive!)
    200x Evil Lyn(love the goth look)
    MOTUC Skeletor(nostalgia)
    200x Leech(Body looks better)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I envision the Holy Era War coming soon.
    That's pretty much where I thought this thread would lead from the title!

As for my thoughts on this subject, it's very difficult. I love them all. If we're going by figures alone (and accessories), MOTUC wins them all. If we go by quality, it's a toss up. If we go by designs, it's also a toss up.

I'm going to try and vote on designs though.

1) 200X He-Man. Something about him looks more rugged, warrior, heroic! I like that he looks different than the basic "everyone is made out of me so I don't look as special later on" feel. Again, not knocking 80's or MOTUC because I love all eras, but I like his unique pieces and colour scheme.

Actually...as I was about to type out my message about loving the technology-based suit Man-At-Arms wears (because he's always building stuff), I realized that I was going to choose the 200X designs for all listed in the opening post. Evil-Lyn was the toughest because I'm a strong proponent for both, but I love me some black and purple on a pale, vampire-like woman.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i like this thread!

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    This is a very hard one for me. I love them both, I just don't think I could pick one or the other.

Heroic Warrior
    Leech : the 200x Leech sculpt is immensely SUPERIOR ! I like his head much more. To be bluntly honest, I don't like the Classics Leech head, and I even think the 4 Horsemen failed on that particular head.

For all the other figures, I prefer the Classics style, though.

I'm enjoying this thread myself, by no means have I meant to start this Holy Era War though, haha.

I love the MOTUC figures and am happy to have them and get what we're given

this is hard. both are great in their own unique way.

He-Man: Classics

Man At Arms: Classics

Skeletor: 200X

Evil-Lyn: 200X

Leech: Classics

There you have it.

Battle Cat: classics
    Beastman: 200x
    Buzz-Off: 200x
    Clawful: 200x
    Evil-Lyn: 200x
    Faker: classics
    Grizzlor: 200x
    He-Man: classics
    Hordak: 200x
    Keldor: classics
    Leech: 200x
    King Hssss: classics
    Man-At-Arms: 200x
    Man-E-Faces: 200x
    Mer-Man: classics
    Mossman: classics
    Orko: 200x
    Panthor: classics
    Prince Adam: classics
    Roboto: 200x
    She-Ra: classics
    Skeletor: 200x
    Stratos: 200x
    Sy-Klone: 200x
    Teela: classics
    Trapjaw: 200x
    Tri-Klops: 200x
    Webstor: 200x
    Whiplash: 200x
    Zodak: 200x

200x: 19
    classics: 11
    Last edited by kylun flac; May 30, 2011 at 05:51am.

You can keep your Gars (racist term)
    I know there was racism agaist the Gars but the term itself is just the name of their race isn't it? No more racist than calling an Andreened an Andreened.