Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 67

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 048 Discussion!

  1. #26
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    Really cool to hear Eric talk about how he and the other 4H made it into the business! Funny to hear about the cramped quarters and goofiness that ensued.

    - I'm glad the heart wasn't put there on purpose and that they and Mattel have a "reverence" for all characters. I don't see the half-circle Eric mentioned though. My Bow has a heart from all angles! I didn't check my replacement Bow figure. I'd rather not look though. I was the one who thought you guys put the "joke" in there to make fun of him. I'm happy to hear it wasn't intentional, so I apologize if I offended! I didn't make any homophobic accusations though.

    - Dials: never been a fan of them, even as a kid because they interrupt the overall design of the figure (in my opinion). I really appreciate throwbacks, easter eggs, etc...those are really cool things (especially the Tri-Klops goggles, daggers on his back and Man-At-Arms weapons rack on his back: incredible!), but a big no on dials and levers for me. They're not the end of the world or anything, but I'd be happier without them.

    - I think Val was being too negative about his discussion of negativity.

    - I want to state again that I love MOTUC Clawful and think he's great on all fronts (sculpt, accessories and paint scheme). Clawful isn't one of my absolute favourites, but has a special place in my heart because my dad made the moulds for 80's Clawful's snapping claw when he worked for a toy company in Windsor. I'd love to see a 200X and Filmation variant of him at some point, but for a Classics representation, he looks phenomenal and I love how his head has beed properly proportioned!

    - Re: She-Ra's hole in the head, I refer back to my comment in the last episode.
    http://he-man.org:81/forums/boards/s...6&postcount=43

    I appreciate hearing the thought process behind the mask, but I still firmly believe it could have been done without a hole in the head (like the 80's She-Ra). I mean...maybe if there was a set of two clips on each side of the mask that clipped on to the two tousles of hair that come forward on She-Ra? Or, if her mask was made identical to the 80's mask and the clips tucked around her face, beneath her hair? Or, there could have been a belt-like piece around the back of her head that had two holes on each side and the mask had plugs, that allowed it to be plugged in (would allow for flipping) and if there was a plug that held onto it at the back of her head (underneath her hair), it would have been removable and a hole/plug that would be unnoticed. Just some ideas. I realize a big amount of time wasn't available to figure out how to do her mask because of the pace the figures are cranked out, though. Again, it doesn't matter now really, because Catra was perfect and She-Ra 2.0 won't have a hole in her head.

    - I'm glad to hear the reason you guys haven't been posting is because of being too busy. I was worried it might have been a mandated thing. Hearing from you guys helps to stop some insanity that goes on. lol

    - It sounds like Mattel does influence which version of a character we get in MOTUC (Style Guide, Mini-Comic, Toy, or otherwise). They sit down and chat about which style they want to lean towards? So, the 4H and Mattel are all in agreement.

    - Woo! Bill Benecke mention! I love him. He got She-Ra's real gems included.

    - I would LOVE another Snake form King Hiss! Earl Norem for the win! lol I also miss the little snake around the neck. He creeped me out! It would be great to get soft undies on Hiss 2.0 if he ever comes to fruition. I love human Hiss though! He's really awesome looking.

    - Interesting to hear how the new ankles were made! I actually suggested at the beginning the elbows and knees be made like this (like Marvel Legends' The Blob). In the end, the pin joints are probably a good thing for customizers. It makes it easier to swap parts. lol

    - Thumbs up at "interchangeable library of body parts." Awesome description.

    - Very intriguing listening on tooling, raw materials, shipping, safety, etc. costs. I remember when McFarlane figures came out and they were $9.99 when all the other figures were $6-7 and parents were all outraged. I understand about rising costs, but MOTUC costs are my max for figures. I refuse to pay that for DCUC. I got some on clearance at ToysRUs for $8, I think.

    - I really like the new bicept articulation. I remember the old bi-cept cuts (Teela actually has one, but it's invisible because of her arm bands, which is awesome), they kind of interrupt the sculpt. The new way they're done is very organic.

    - Good call on Leech's wrists! He's definitely one of the figures that benefits from the articulation.

    - Very happy with the Battleground Teela thigh look. I understand why female hips 1.0 were the way they were, but seamless is much more appealing in my opinion. I'm really excited to get her in hand!

    - I was wondering why the PoP boots didn't hand the ankle rocker. Makes sense that there wasn't enough space left in the boot.

    - Tytus' weapon had Catra syndrome, I see. I'm glad we got Tytus' classic weapon though.

    - I agree with Eric on Battle Cat. I never got the feel that 80's Battle Cat was ever a Saber tooth. I like him as-is. Big, but not overly big teeth.

    - It's encouraging to hear about Eric looking at what people wanted/were expecting for Adora. If she had a twist waist (two separate pieces for the outfit and Battleground Teela-like panties) she would have been an A+. Her character is supposed to kind of look like a regular villager. It suits her.

    - *dies* at the Toy PoP comment. That sounds like, aside from She-Ra 2.0 and maybe Catra variants, all PoP characters will be Style Guide figures with PoP accessories, or hybrids. I'm really concerned about this! Some characters CLEARLY need two versions because of how significantly different they are, like Queen Angella, She-Ra and Catra. It's like how we're getting BG Teela and regular Teela. Mashing up the designs isn't so much a good thing (in my opinion). However, a bunch of the toy designs are very similar to the Style Guide, just with brighter colours and more details. Once the material clothes are made plastic (as with the rooted hair), I think a lot of people would be surprised at how awesome they look! It just seems like some people can't actually see the great designs and they only see cloth material and rooted hair. I love all eras, but I kid you not, PoP is THE reason I am collecting every figure in this line. Without them, I would not be. I would buy cheap lots on eBay every now and then. lol I know I'm not the only one. Just like Eric and other MOTU fans growing up and loving the toys, and wishing some figures looked like the cardback, I was like that with PoP. It would be nice to actually be able to get some full on toy love in this line (and not just a mask and a shield). I really hope Toy She-Ra will be the first of many toy PoP designs. I know you guys can do it!

    - Eamon, are you talking about the Johnny West 12 inch figures? My Uncle had a few of them and I found a big box of them I got at a yard sale!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I think you guys did the perfect Bow! Whatever formula you guys used for Bow, please repeat on future PoP & NA figures.
    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but I actually hope they don't. Not to offend, Bow is nice, but I personally believe that's what he would have looked like if he appeared in MYP or the 200X toys. His crown is stylized, as is his belt (which both have never been seen in any media containing Bow). I really miss Bow's unique bracers (and hawk handling glove, which was for handling Kowl), unique boots, removeable chest armour (just as I miss Roboto's) and his built on chainmail.

    Bow is a good figure, but I wish he was based more on the unique design of the toy. I'm very much against hybrids for the most part, because then it takes away the option of getting an A-list variant. Hybrids, in theory, I think are supposed to "make the most people happy," but have the opposite effect, really. Some people want Filmation, some want the Toy. You mix it together and then both parties are left disappointed. I would have bought a Toy Bow and Style Guide Bow. I like both, but MOTUC Bow has me very worried about future PoP females. I'll be devastated if they come out 200Xish. I loved the 200X designs, but a new take on a character doesn't really belong in the Classics line (in my opinion).

    EDIT: I feel a little funny because my post is pretty much longer than all the replies on page one put together. lol
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  2. #27
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,131
    I was one that didn't like the dials and still do not prefer them. I guess they are a nice nod, but one I could do without. I'm not going to be mean about it though.

    On the PoP front, I do understand how PoP fans feel slighted since all the other figures are upgraded versions of the original ones. However, the figures for MOTU and their animated counterparts were very similar whereas the PoP figures and their animated counterparts were more different.

    I for one like the approach of using the style guide designs, but that is due to me not being a PoP fan back in the day. This is probably the safest approach to get most of the fans interested in these figures. Maybe one day they will try doing a classic toy style PoP figure and if it bombs, then we'll know for sure that the style guide is the way to go. It is also possible it could do really well and prove Mattel and the 4H wrong.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  3. #28
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    EDIT: I feel a little funny because my post is pretty much longer than all the replies on page one put together. lol
    That's fine by me. You said everything I was thinking with regards to POP toy designs and Bow. I'm not into hybrids either. I don't understand why we can't get toy versions too?

  4. #29
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but I actually hope they don't. Not to offend, Bow is nice, but I personally believe that's what he would have looked like if he appeared in MYP or the 200X toys. His crown is stylized, as is his belt (which both have never been seen in any media containing Bow). I really miss Bow's unique bracers (and hawk handling glove, which was for handling Kowl), unique boots, removeable chest armour (just as I miss Roboto's) and his built on chainmail.
    I disagree. I think that's a straight up style guide/filmation mildly updated Bow. I can see how the 4HM would get confused as to which way to go with PoP. Adora is too plain jane compared to Teela or She-ra, so here comes Bow and they add some cool little detail here and there and you have people saying he's too 200X?!

    I am ardent PoP fan and want all PoP figures released. I realized a number of PoP fans want straight up toy versions of figures now! I hope they do make them, I would buy them. But I believe they did an awesome job on Bow and Catra. I can't wait to see their take on Netossa and Peekablue.

    PoP was the reason I got on board with the classics line. Those are the figures I look forward to the most. Style Guide PoP are the figures I always wanted. After 25 plus years I finally have an awesome style guide/filmation Bow & Catra. I am happy with the 4HM take.

  5. #30
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I disagree. I think that's a straight up style guide/filmation mildly updated Bow. I can see how the 4HM would get confused as to which way to go with PoP. Adora is too plain jane compared to Teela or She-ra, so here comes Bow and they add some cool little detail here and there and you have people saying he's too 200X?!
    I do feel he looks like 200X. TG said the "hyper anime detail" or really stylized elements were being pulled from figures, they would be put in the classicizer machine, have parts re-use, etc.

    We were specifically told 200X He-Man (if ever made into a variant) would not have his loin-purse (Sporran?) or new belt because it was "stylized" or whatever.

    Bow's crown and belt fit that description.

    Original Bow crown and belt (notice his hair is actually light brown, or blondish brown):





    Filmation/Style Guide Bow:



    MOTUC Bow:



    Now, yes, I do see where the hybrid elements are (his bow weapon being Filmation and toy mixed, Filmation chest piece mixed with his clip-on armour design...not a fan of that last one), but he was UPDATED, as you said. The Classics line is about "making all the figures look like they had figures in the 80's." The updating of designs was for the 2002 line. *shrugs* I know some people will disagree with me, and that's cool...we all have our own opinions, but that's where I'm coming from. Also, if it's okay for Bow to have stuff like a new crown, buckle and detailing (like the shoulders of his cape), I would like the 200X characters to hold onto some of the awesome things that made them unique (like He-Man's loin purse I mentioned).

    Anyway, one thing I completely forgot about until just now was an idea I had based on Queen Marlena and what TG said about She-Ra 2.0 allowing fans to "build their ultimate She-Ra."

    I mentioned this in a different thread but forgot about it, but maybe every PoP figure could have two-piece, removable outfits so they can be either toy accurate or Style Guide/Filmation accurate. They would have detailed boots and bracelets (like the toys...and a big crowd complained about She-Ra and Adora's being too plain) and then you would be able to build a pure Filmation likeness, toy likeness or even a hybrid (since the pieces would be tops and skirts as opposed to one piece). Some would require alternate heads to make this possible (most notably: Angella, Glimmer, Sweet Bee and Perfuma).

    This may sound a little cost prohibitive, but it's not because in the toys, a lot of the girls share the same top, but then have a different skirt.

    I think it would make the most people happy to do it this way or two do the Filmation character and then A-List variant as the toy (and vice-versa to switch it up). I firmly support either of those options and would love to hear other fans' suggestions.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; May 29, 2011 at 12:57am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  6. #31
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,891
    Bow's figure was a means to get NA He-Man's boots and gauntlet into the mix, so I don't really view those particular elements as being a response to the "we want more detailing" requests, as Bow's original boots, gauntlet/glove were plenty detailed.

    I'd also like to reiterate that I don't understand why the 4H would have to settle mainly on the style guide designs for the majority of the POP gals? Even if those versions are more popular than vintage toy line designs, it's not as if a character such as Gygor was in high demand (most folks didn't even know who he was) and he was incorporated into the line anyway. Besides, Battleground Teela, a non-headlining character, shows that they're able to put out a second faithful version as opposed to doing a hybrid, or just tossing in BGT's accessories with the original Teela release.

  7. #32
    Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.
    Posts
    57
    I don't understand how Teela could ever be clased as a "non headliner"? Out side of He-Man and Skeletor, Teela is on paper one of the most integral characters to MOTU. And has appeared in practically every incarnation of MOTU in some form.

    The same could not be said of She-Ra.
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

  8. #33
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    I don't understand how Teela could ever be clased as a "non headliner"? Out side of He-Man and Skeletor, Teela is on paper one of the most integral characters to MOTU. And has appeared in practically every incarnation of MOTU in some form.

    The same could not be said of She-Ra.
    He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, She-Ra and Catra are headliners, as those characters received multiple variants in the original toy lines. Teela's role within MOTU is more in-line with someone like Glimmer.

  9. #34
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, She-Ra and Catra are headliners, as those characters received multiple variants in the original toy lines. Teela's role within MOTU is more in-line with someone like Glimmer.
    You're in denial. Teela is the most popular female in MOTU. She may not have variants in the original line, but she has appeared in all media and is the most well-known. IF there is a movie, you actually think She-Ra would be in it over Teela? Not hardly.

    Also, that orginal Bow figure and original PoP figures are plain horrible. FILMATION all the way! But that's just me. And 80 percent of other fans.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  10. #35
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak, She-Ra and Catra are headliners, as those characters received multiple variants in the original toy lines. Teela's role within MOTU is more in-line with someone like Glimmer.
    Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

    That might be so, but Teela is around in every incarnation of MOTU from the start. She-Ra is the dominant force within POP, but Teela has always been the alpha female in MOTU. Now that She-Ra is in the same line as Teela, the title of "The Alpha Wench"* is disputed.

    *Empowered reference. Yes, I read that too.

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You're in denial. Teela is the most popular female in MOTU. She may not have variants in the original line, but she has appeared in all media and is the most well-known. IF there is a movie, you actually think She-Ra would be in it over Teela? Not hardly.
    He's got a point. She-Ra did run her own franchise, which is why this debate is so difficult. A lot of lay people might see Teela and think it's She-Ra. She-Ra is the bigger character, but Teela has been in every incarnation of He-Man from the start. It's like arguing who's bigger in Fantastic Four: Sue Richards or She-Hulk?

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    - *dies* at the Toy PoP comment. That sounds like, aside from She-Ra 2.0 and maybe Catra variants, all PoP characters will be Style Guide figures with PoP accessories, or hybrids. I'm really concerned about this! Some characters CLEARLY need two versions because of how significantly different they are, like Queen Angella, She-Ra and Catra. It's like how we're getting BG Teela and regular Teela. Mashing up the designs isn't so much a good thing (in my opinion). However, a bunch of the toy designs are very similar to the Style Guide, just with brighter colours and more details. Once the material clothes are made plastic (as with the rooted hair), I think a lot of people would be surprised at how awesome they look! It just seems like some people can't actually see the great designs and they only see cloth material and rooted hair. I love all eras, but I kid you not, PoP is THE reason I am collecting every figure in this line. Without them, I would not be. I would buy cheap lots on eBay every now and then. lol I know I'm not the only one. Just like Eric and other MOTU fans growing up and loving the toys, and wishing some figures looked like the cardback, I was like that with PoP. It would be nice to actually be able to get some full on toy love in this line (and not just a mask and a shield). I really hope Toy She-Ra will be the first of many toy PoP designs. I know you guys can do it!

    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but I actually hope they don't. Not to offend, Bow is nice, but I personally believe that's what he would have looked like if he appeared in MYP or the 200X toys. His crown is stylized, as is his belt (which both have never been seen in any media containing Bow). I really miss Bow's unique bracers (and hawk handling glove, which was for handling Kowl), unique boots, removeable chest armour (just as I miss Roboto's) and his built on chainmail.

    Bow is a good figure, but I wish he was based more on the unique design of the toy. I'm very much against hybrids for the most part, because then it takes away the option of getting an A-list variant. Hybrids, in theory, I think are supposed to "make the most people happy," but have the opposite effect, really. Some people want Filmation, some want the Toy. You mix it together and then both parties are left disappointed. I would have bought a Toy Bow and Style Guide Bow. I like both, but MOTUC Bow has me very worried about future PoP females. I'll be devastated if they come out 200Xish. I loved the 200X designs, but a new take on a character doesn't really belong in the Classics line (in my opinion).
    I think Classics is the best place for multiple takes on a character. Original toy versions of POP characters are a great way to refresh the characters, just like 200X headed variants or Alcala/Texiera mini-comic variants are a good way to refresh the original MOTU characters. Another reason to want a movie so this line survives way past 2017.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 29, 2011 at 10:46am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  11. #36
    Heroic Warrior Thrawn29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,374
    It's nice to hear Eric take responsibility for screwing up and giving us the lack-luster and puny King Hsss' snake form. That being said, I refuse to accept an apology for the snake form on King Hsss. There were pages about what fans wanted with the snake form before that figure was ever released.

    You failed. No apology. Just. Fix. It. Resculpt it and release a 200x variant.

    The human torso was great though. I still prefer the 200x verion, but I love the one we got.

    About the dials:

    Did he really say a few people don't like the dial on Hurricane Hordak? What? I've only seen a few peope voice approval for it. It's an ugly eyesore made even worse by the fact that you don't get the action feature to go with it

    The reason the dials on Optikk and Sy-Klone passed without much comment was because they were small and blended in with the sculpt. They were the complete opposite of the dial on Hurricane Hordak.

    Greatly enjoyed the rest of the interview.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; May 29, 2011 at 11:34am.

  12. #37
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    You're in denial. Teela is the most popular female in MOTU. She may not have variants in the original line, but she has appeared in all media and is the most well-known. IF there is a movie, you actually think She-Ra would be in it over Teela? Not hardly.
    Teela is the most popular if you only count the MOTU brand as being before Secret of the Sword. Also, Teela is not more well known than She-Ra. When people remember characters, they remember: He-Man, Skeletor and She-Ra. There were a couple others and I think Teela was lower on the list. I'm pretty sure Val and co. did a poll with random people at a con before.

    More people remember She-Ra because of the "Power Hour." Back-to-back He-Man and She-Ra episodes. Also, She-Ra had her own movie which LOTS of little kids went to watch.

    Also, that orginal Bow figure and original PoP figures are plain horrible. FILMATION all the way! But that's just me. And 80 percent of other fans.
    I'd pick my more detailed and unique Bow off of the Filmation one, which is INSPIRED by the toy, but made simpler so the animation would be easier to make/cost less.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Classics is the best place for multiple takes on a character. Original toy versions of POP characters are a great way to refresh the characters, just like 200X headed variants or Alcala/Texiera mini-comic variants are a good way to refresh the original MOTU characters. Another reason to want a movie so this line survives way past 2017.
    Exactly! No hybrids. Either no hybrids at all, or use the multiple dress system where it can be done. I mean, some PoP will still need two releases like Castaspella (just a repaint, really as the toy and Filmation are nearly identical except for the colours).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  13. #38
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Teela is the most popular if you only count the MOTU brand as being before Secret of the Sword. Also, Teela is not more well known than She-Ra. When people remember characters, they remember: He-Man, Skeletor and She-Ra. There were a couple others and I think Teela was lower on the list. I'm pretty sure Val and co. did a poll with random people at a con before.

    More people remember She-Ra because of the "Power Hour." Back-to-back He-Man and She-Ra episodes. Also, She-Ra had her own movie which LOTS of little kids went to watch.
    According to you. Many people do remember She-Ra. But I'm willing to bet that if a MOTU movie is made, Teela will likely be in it over She-Ra. That is a statement, Mr. Agenda.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  14. #39
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    According to you. Many people do remember She-Ra. But I'm willing to bet that if a MOTU movie is made, Teela will likely be in it over She-Ra. That is a statement, Mr. Agenda.
    Not according to not me. Re-read my post. It's according to the poll they did, whether it was official or unofficial. If Val remembers, he can chime in if he wants to. I could do a long search and find the post or whatever, but it's not that big of a deal. I wouldn't expect you to remember it either, because it took place before your join date.

    My only agenda is factual information.

    In my own personal experience, the majority of people I've come in contact with have no idea who/what Masters of the Universe OR He-Man are, let alone any of the other characters.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  15. #40
    Stridor in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Slime Pit
    Posts
    5,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Not according to not me. Re-read my post. It's according to the poll they did, whether it was official or unofficial. If Val remembers, he can chime in if he wants to. I could do a long search and find the post or whatever, but it's not that big of a deal. I wouldn't expect you to remember it either, because it took place before your join date.

    My only agenda is factual information.

    In my own personal experience, the majority of people I've come in contact with have no idea who/what Masters of the Universe OR He-Man are, let alone any of the other characters.
    There are a few people on this site who believe that people are "out to get PoP" and diminish its value to some fans, that PoP is not a part of MOTU, that you are sexist if you don't like PoP, or, er, make more male figures than PoP figures in a "world" that is comprised mainly of male characters.

    It is my belief (and many others) that PoP, POG, NA, 200x, etc., are all divisions of vintage MOTU; they all stem from it. Some people will die stating otherwise, even if the argument(s) is hyperbole.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

    MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

  16. #41
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,637
    I say we carry over the Teela vs She-Ra debate back to it's proper thread...

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  17. #42
    Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I say we carry over the Teela vs She-Ra debate back to it's proper thread...

    And I say that we continue it here. She-Ra may be a "Princess of Power" but Teela is a "Warrior Goddess". No contest really.
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

  18. #43
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    And I say that we continue it here. She-Ra may be a "Princess of Power" but Teela is a "Warrior Goddess". No contest really.
    Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

    You can STILL talk about it. You can even vote in the poll. But all of the Teela vs She-Ra discussion is derailing the RGD topic. It's an easy matter to follow the link and return to that thread.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  19. #44
    Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.
    Posts
    57
    I've been thinking alittle more about some of the topics that came up in the discussion in this Gooble dinner. For example, the approach to King Hiss, and the resulting lackluster classics snake form. And, looking at my collection i can see where another vintage design consideration has had an interesting effect on the classics figures. One which offers a really good oppertunity to go slightly "further". in this instance i am reffering to Battle Armour He-Man and Skeletor.

    I know alot of people were unhappy with the lack of a manually operated spinning mechanism being impimented into these figures. However..looking at them now and thinking about it, the current approach of having seprate armour pices, actually does offers a very cool oppertunity to EXPAND upon the Battle Damage features that was not present in the vintage figures.

    For example, in the vintage, the damage was constrained to the small area in the center of the chest, due to the action feature. But in classics, the Battle damage could actually go alot further than that and cover the WHOLE armour.

    What im saying is that like the King Hiss torso not having to be longer having to be constraided by the vinatage action feature, there is also an oppertunity to go above and beyond what was possibe in the Vintage with the Battle Armour due to the new implimentation of the design.

    What mattel could do in theory is release the front and back shell pieces of He-man and Skeletors BA, just repainted to look as if they have even more cuts and scratches on them all over. Just like the current damaged breast plates, butthe damage would be all over the armour instead.

    So, mattel could just re-release the outer shells of the Battle Armour, since we already have the breast plates, in more damaged states.

    It would be nice if the damage were sculpted in ideally, but even if it were just painted on, to save production cost, it would look really good.

    It's certainly somethign to think about and would make a great addition to a future weapons pack.
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

  20. #45
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,965
    That's a good point Someone Else. I'm not sure if I would want the damaged armour shells, but I wouldn't be against it if we did get them! The one wish I have regarding the Battle Armours, is that somehow they could make new chest pieces that have laser burns in it (like, lines, kind of) and one with laser blasts in it (think big, burned out bullet hole kind of look). That would be ultra cool because there are a lot of laser weapons out there.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  21. #46
    Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who Is The Female Lead For The Masters Of The Universe Franchise?

    You can STILL talk about it. You can even vote in the poll. But all of the Teela vs She-Ra discussion is derailing the RGD topic. It's an easy matter to follow the link and return to that thread.
    I'm only teasing. To be honest, i don't really even care who prefers who. It really doesn't matter to me. One of the things that I actually like most about MOTU is that everyone has their own favourites, and the character line up is so diverse and teirs and definitions of what constitutes "A list" vary wildly, and is often based on the order that people recived their figures, or their personal memories or connections to them.

    So really, all that really matters to me is the role that these characters play in my own universe. And i don't mean that in a selfish way, just that, if someone else thinks that Gwildor is a God, and Teela is rubbish, thats fine. It doesn't change whats goign on in my own little "Motu World". LOL.

    I just enjoy talking trash occasionaly to get a rise out of people sometimes. I know, i shouldn't but sometimes it's just too easy.
    Last edited by Someone Else; May 29, 2011 at 01:30pm.
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

  22. #47
    Council Elder Tallstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    In support of Joe Amato & the Meteorbs
    Posts
    27,891
    LOL @ being in denial. No way am I getting sucked back into that particular She-Ra/Teela debate. The crux of my post still stands.

  23. #48
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,925
    Great episode! Funny I had 2 questions I was going to ask on the Four Horsemen Forums and both were answered in the last 2 episodes (One about style choices & the other about the Hssss Snake form being the ultimate version or were there budgetary restraints). I also love the choices they've made on the POP figures, their work has made them desireable for me. Last SDCC when we got the reveals the 2 most impressive for me were Bow and Vikor, while Hssss was my most anticipated after the name card was revealed the day earlier

  24. #49
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Even if those versions are more popular than vintage toy line designs, it's not as if a character such as Gygor was in high demand (most folks didn't even know who he was) and he was incorporated into the line anyway.
    This was so they could reuse the Shadow Beast mold. Emiliano once mentioned that the Shadow Beast was actually done first and that they could create Gygor from it with only a few new parts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Teela's role within MOTU is more in-line with someone like Glimmer.
    Really? Not more like Bow who is basically Teela in PoP?

    I did have a thought that maybe they would paint She-Ra 2.0's body like the classic toy and then have the dress be able to be put on over it similar to Marlena. So She-Ra would be both the classic toy and the style guide in one. Maybe even have the skirt & top part be separate pieces?
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  25. #50
    Heroic Warrior Power Sword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Almaden Mountains
    Posts
    807
    Abuse for Eamon? I wanna say that I have no abuse for Eamon & am in fact a fan of the "thoughts of Eamon." (I'm also a huge fan of his Mer Man impression!)

    Thanks again for another great episode guys. Thanks again to Eric too for his time & insight on the MOTUC process. I'm also curious on his thoughts on the reversed (He-Man, Roboto, King Hsss,) shoulders.

    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If the Horsemen were females, Hsss's shoulders wouldn't have been reversed.
    The Four Horsewomen?
    I want my other half.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •