Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: theFwoosh Article: Possible Future MOTUC Figures!

theFwoosh Article: Possible Future MOTUC Figures!

For your perusal and consideration!

Super-talented artist Tom Bryski and I put together this article, and at least another one, in order to drum up interest for many potential new figures in the line going forward, both here and online elsewhere (hopefully where the team at super7 will see).

Enjoy! And remember, just because your favorites are at on this particular list, doesn't mean they won't be on the list in the next article!

http://thefwoosh.com/2016/10/masters...-act-ii-part-i
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, Kayo, Joya, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, The Enchantress, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

All great ideas and executions! The only one that doesn't do anything for me is Tataran. For some reason I like him in the cartoon and that episode is great, but I don't necessarily need or want an action figure of him.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    All great ideas and executions! The only one that doesn't do anything for me is Tataran. For some reason I like him in the cartoon and that episode is great, but I don't necessarily need or want an action figure of him.
    He's one of my top choices for the Classics treatment: a bounty hunter hired by Skeletor that was actually *competent*.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

GREAT article and well done! Looking at those renditions makes me feel like the line is in it's prime rather then on it's way out. =)

I love the idea of stretchy arm for the Horde Mummy and the ideas for False Face actually make me want him as a figure and he was never on my radar before. Putting Gleep with Master Sebrian is an EXCELLENT idea I love Gleep and Master Sebrian is too important not to get.

I still have no desire or use for Tug-O-War some throw away character they never had any intent on developing past the couple pictures in the mini comic. There are many more characters I would like to have before him. I've never been against any character in the line but this one I just can't see the desire for. I would rather get characters that already have a place in the mythos like missing New Adventures vintage figures, characters from Filmation, Jetlag, and MYP and even the CAC runner ups from the 80's and 2012, then something no one ever had plans for and then Toy Guru shoehorned him in to the last mini comic.
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    I like your list a lot! Tom's drawings really do a good job toy-izing how certain characters could look in MOTUC. Makes me interested in characters I had no interest in before such as False Face, Horde Mummy, and Ghost.

We so need Granita, Delora, and Karg!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

This was a lot of fun to do.

Just remember, there are a bunch more in the next article (or articles )
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Ghost, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, Kayo, Joya, Storm, Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, The Enchantress, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro, Dree-Elle & Uncle Montork.

Filmation Variants: She-Ra, Bow, Mantenna, Leech, Entrapta, Grizzlor, Prince Adam, Glimmer, Adora

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Tug of war background useless character made this list???

How about more IMPORTANT and needed character's before background filler is even mentioned

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    GREAT artwork and characters selection!!!

Some hints inside?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I like your list a lot! Tom's drawings really do a good job toy-izing how certain characters could look in MOTUC. Makes me interested in characters I had no interest in before such as False Face, Horde Mummy, and Ghost.

We so need Granita, Delora, and Karg!
    I agree the drawings defiantly help sell the characters as I myself found interest in some of them that I wouldn't of otherwise.

I like the selection!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

You guys did an excellent job on this article! Looking forward to more!!!
    Hey Super 7, Snake Mountain rocks! Let's Kickstart it!

Heroic Warrior
    Really cool article, thanks for sharing! Just curious, does anyone know if there is a reason the Horde Mummy did not advance beyond the concept phase? Sounds like it would have been a cool character. I wonder if Scott had any of these in his original roadmap.

My two favorites in this list are False Face and the mummy. The Horde needs a mummy (and a werewolf) for sure. False Face looks super fun to play with. I have about 2% less enjoyment of Horde members that don't wear the bat prominently, but this guy is a spy, so it makes sense.

The only one whose interpretation I don't agree with is Lodar. I think his spikes are on his shoulders, not like Beast Man's arm buckler thingies. But it's an interpretation so I'm not mad at it.

Great article! The must haves would be Starburst She-Ra, Ghost and Wrapper. Can't wait for the next list.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Ghost is amazing. Spectral weapons (I imagine his blue gear as transparent) would be super cool.

If this was a subscription line, I'd buy it. I could gush about almost every one of these designs....maybe not Serbian.

There is a lot to like in that list. The vast majority of those characters are very high on my wants list.

Absolutely love the interpretation of Wrapper, with the extended arms!
    Ghost would make a good heroic version of Ninjor - as part of the concepts for what I understand was to be the Powers of Grayskull line, I would expect this character to be dated to Preternian times.

Tug-O-War is indeed an interesting mini-comic choice when characters like Garn and Princess Rana remain without figures. I would of course be happy to own Tug-O-War.

200x did not seem to get much of a look in on this list (Queen Andreeno) nor potential beasts. The Demon from the mini-comics is an easy parts re-use and the Glorm would make a fantastic monster.

Looking forward to what the next instalment brings.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post

How about more IMPORTANT and needed character's before background filler is even mentioned
    I couldn't agree more. He has no interest for me even less than Spector!
    Most Wanted Kittrina, Lady Slither, Hunga, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Dree Elle,Uncle Montork,King Miro,Butthead, Hoove, Spinwit, Nocturna,Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Twiggets, Drissi, Crystoll, Caz, Bubblor, Three Beast,Great Black Wizard, Major Header, Ra-Jar, Red Beast,Kay-La, Red Shadow,Gladiator, Bandwidth, Negator, SawTooth, Skeleteen, Tataran, Lt. Andra, Bug Eye, and MissleToe.

That Marzo teases me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    I couldn't agree more. He has no interest for me even less than Spector!

LOL

I think I've probably posted this comment three times already… And it is contained in the article itself. There are going to be at least two more parts… With lists of characters that include some major characters left to be made, that everyone might want. To make the article is interesting, and to explore what some of the more scary characters might look like into a form, we included some very obscure characters.

It's terrible that some here either don't believe me when I say that, or are severely bothered by the fact that I've tried to spread the wealth when it comes to the most wanted characters being split fairly among the articles that are coming.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Overall, that selection would make a satisfying line-up, there's something for everyone. I like most of the characters and designs, and at least I understand why some few characters I don't like are there (because of demand in polls, of course). However, my 3 surprises were Ghost (sincerely, despite the good art it does not excite me, it's just a Ninjor variant), False Face (first time I see it as a candidate, I don't even remember him in any poll, well... I'm old and forgetful) and yet another variant of She-Ra that, IMHO, is not quite different from Bubble Power She-Ra to generate any interest because of the design itself (instead, maybe it would be for completists?).

Although they're not my favourite, I'm very pleased to see the Filmation Marzo and specially the Chimera (despite they come from Filmation, I would prefer them to be executed in Classics style to get more details on those 2 figures). The other character in this category would be the NA Sorceress... that outfit is just awesome!

My favourites: Karg, Tataran and Kittrina.

Special mention to Melaktha, because the accessories make him interesting enough; and Tug-o-War, a figure I considered lame was turned into a very fine addition to the line.

I hope to see Sagitar in one of the articles. It's the only essential (for my own personal taste) character that's still missing in my collection.
    Last edited by man-at-work; October 7, 2016 at 11:45pm.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Great job guys!!!

Tom has been nice enough to show me some sneak peeks of several of the character designs in part II, and it will be just as cool as Part I!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thank you, Everyone! I really appreciate the feedback and compliments. A lot more fun to come in the next couple articles. Like BCRDuke mentioned, just because a character wasn't shown in this one, doesn't mean we skipped them. We just couldn't fit them all into one article, haha. We wanted to show that there is still a ton of life in the MOTUC line. Ideally, we hope this article has people saying, "You know, I never wanted this character. But now, having seen the potential...now, I want them."

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA, I will admit, making a concept for Tug-O-War was my idea. I know there are plenty of other characters that merit higher on a priority list for the fans and collectors. Adding him served two purposes; to show the incredibly wide range of possibilities AND he was a personal challenge for myself; take an extremely obscure and virtually inexistent character from a joke to a credible warrior that some fans might actually like.

Personally, I didn't like how he was portrayed in the last mini-comic. Making him a cosmic being with immense power seemed out of place for a character previous seen playing tug-of-war with the rest of our heroes. The "Master of Cosmic Balance" is more appropriately describing Zodac. So, I tried to bring him back to the level of Heroic Warrior. My version has him wielding a rope/meteor hammer. For those that are not familiar, a meteor hammer is an ancient weapon from China and is actually pretty awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...=meteor+hammer

This is how I saw Tug-O-War using the rope; not only for sport, but as a weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    GREAT article and well done! Looking at those renditions makes me feel like the line is in it's prime rather then on it's way out. =)
    Thank you, that's a great compliment!
    Last edited by King Tamusk; October 8, 2016 at 03:00am.

Thank you for including Gleep with Master Sebrian! Starburst She-Ra also is SEVERELY lacking at this point!! I look forward to the next edition
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2017!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

I really enjoyed reading that! Thank you for posting, DUKE.

Now, we're getting to the stuff I really dig: The C and D Listers!

-COUNT MARZO is awesome because he has a Three Musketeers kind of vibe
    -TUG-O-WAR looks great because I am a sucker for 'Native American Indian' type characters
    -WRAPPER is a mummy....need I say more?

Bring it on!!! Maybe my taste sucks, but who cares? Does everybody have to want the same stuff? I had totally given up on RA-JAR, but now, who knows?
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; October 8, 2016 at 02:40pm.
    Odd Man Out