Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is the 2015 Minis Sub going to open? Available 11/7/2014

Heroic Warrior

When is the 2015 Minis Sub going to open? Available 11/7/2014

I don't recall if this has been revealed yet, but when is Mattel going to start offering the 2015 Mini Masters sub?

Mod note:

Available 11/7/14 at 9 a.m. PT thru 11/24/14 at 11:59 p.m. PT

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...l#.VFy_alOUddJ
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

I thought it was this month, but no details have gone out about an official date yet.
    Here's how to end the line:
    2015 200x Mini-Sub: Evilseed, Calix, Prahvus, Horde Wraith, Miro, Veena, Hawke

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quarterly items: Sagitar, Stridor, Night Stalker

Hope it makes it
    STOP READING THE BIOS!!!!!!!

In it's favor, I'm sure it's tier one, and the figures are ludicrously overpriced, so that should all help.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    In it's favor, I'm sure it's tier one, and the figures are ludicrously overpriced, so that should all help.
    You would think Mattel would reduce the 2pks now they are just coming as figures and no build on accessory. But its Mattel after all.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    You would think Mattel would reduce the 2pks now they are just coming as figures and no build on accessory. But its Mattel after all.
    If they don't, it's nothing but a big old price hike. And don't forget that they'll want extra shipping and handling for that exclusive item too...
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

I wonder if Scott resigning will delay this....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

A date would be nice

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I wonder if Scott resigning will delay this....
    Won't delay it, but without Scott as the public mouthpiece and PR leader, we may not get more than a press release via the Matty site a few days before it goes live.

Welcome to the new Dark Ages, folks.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Heroic Warrior

Minis Subscription

Just saw this on Matty...

2015 Club MOTU Minis Subscription:

Available 11/7/14 at 9 a.m. PT thru 11/24/14 at 11:59 p.m. PT

http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...l#.VFy_alOUddJ

They're charging more for something that TG said wasn't selling as well as they hoped. I don't see this making.

Wow, they've done some great non-advertisement on this . Start a subscription without letting anyone know ahead of time and expect it to succeed. This is what we can expect now that Toy Guru is gone .

Since it is now November, I cannot imagine that the January and March packs are not already well into production, as well as the Snake Mountain exclusive. So how exactly is this not going through if the minimum number doesn't make it?

2016 line: LordMasque, Vultak, Granita, Despara, Dylamug, Hunga, General Sunder,Tuskador, Crita, Lodar, Quakke, Darius

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Since it is now November, I cannot imagine that the January and March packs are not already well into production, as well as the Snake Mountain exclusive. So how exactly is this not going through if the minimum number doesn't make it?
    I suppose none would be sold at the sub $20 price and instead all at the higher DOS one. The Jan & Mar packs would probably also be the only ones sold, with Snake Mountain possibly sold as a separate item or at SDCC.

So, they raise the price and don't tell us when the sub drive starts? Oh, boy, looks like we're in for a bumpy ride....

Wow, they've done some great non-advertisement on this . Start a subscription without letting anyone know ahead of time and expect it to succeed. This is what we can expect now that Toy Guru is gone .

In the transition to a new product line manager hopefully it's forgivable that they wouldn't have all of their communication ducks in a row. One gets the impression that Scott went very much above and beyond in communicating even simple things to buyers (like on sale dates and details about subs/mini subs), but it sounds like those halcyon days of yore are long gone- at least for now.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    So, they raise the price and don't tell us when the sub drive starts? Oh, boy, looks like we're in for a bumpy ride....
    They didn't raise the price, they are still $20 a set. It's just the Snake Mountain is a sub exclusive now and is $20 on its own. So, technically it's a price increase in the fact you are paying for the playset now, but you aren't paying more than $20 for the packs.

But I feel like this is how easy misinformation is gonig to spread now. Even when we WERE communicated to, misinformation ran amuck.

They didn't raise the price, they are still $20 a set. It's just the Snake Mountain is a sub exclusive now and is $20 on its own. So, technically it's a price increase in the fact you are paying for the playset now, but you aren't paying more than $20 for the packs.

But I feel like this is how easy misinformation is gonig to spread now. Even when we WERE communicated to, misinformation ran amuck.
    Right. It's a price increase. $20 used to get you your free playset.

Also, they will charge shipping and handling for that Snake Mountain, so we're really looking at something like a $30 increase over a 6 item sub, which I call a $5 per pack increase!
    Last edited by No-Ah; November 7, 2014 at 05:04pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Thin splitting of hairs there; when you're paying the same amount for half of what you got before, that pretty much qualifies as an increase. So it's not mis or dis-information, it's how you look at it. Most folks would consider that an increase.

Regardless, I put in for the sub. Now I'm probably going to have to ask folks for some help after the first set ships in figuring out how to get the subs to ship together. I can tutor folks in pre-calculus, but figuring out Matty is sometimes beyond my abilities. I hope it does go through, as I have grown fond of these little buggers.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Before you were paying $20 for 3 items in a "pack". Now you only get 2 items for $20.

Heroic Podcaster
    I just signed up, I'm super excited for these but I understand why lots of MOTU fans are not. I hope the sub makes it!
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

I'll be waiting until towards the end, I have to pay for a few things like MP Bumblebee and a few other Transformers next week, so I have time. I want these and I want the Early Access....EA is the only thing I would have otherwise missed next year for not doing the main sub, but this gets me access to it.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I don't see a meter, and so I'm skeptical that it has to hit a minimum.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar

Yeah this is why I can't do it. IF I had known befire the firast I could have saved the 20 but I assumed they just gave up as it was never advertised and it ends before my next check and I know others are like me and plan their budgets and will not be able to subnow. Matty just messed up, plus november being so huge also will hurt the #s as many won't be able to afford multiple subs. To bad I really wanted them and Snake mountain ah welll
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Now I'm probably going to have to ask folks for some help after the first set ships in figuring out how to get the subs to ship together.
    As long as you used the same card and shipping method (not to mention address), they will automatically combine the second month.

Which option will be better for main sub quarterly shipping? Will they ever ship with our main sub? Very confusing.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior