Thread: The neck joint barbell piece

The neck joint barbell piece

So a few months ago, one of my MotuC Snakemen fell off a high shelf. The barbell piece that joins the head to the torso broke. I figure the cheapest way to fix this is replacing the joint piece with that of a "donor" figure I may be able to buy loose at a small toy show.
    But here's the reason for my post: D.C. classics figures are a lot more common than MOTUC figures, since they saw ample retail release. They're also generally cheaper because of that.
    Does anyone into customizing these figures know if the neck joint barbell-shaped piece is the same size for D.C. classics figures and MotuC figures?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rod

Heroic Warrior
    Most of those dc figures will have smaller or larger pegs depends on the character.
    There are 3 figures that use the same he-man buck neck peg and all. 2 versions of the frank miller Batman(one grey and blue and one grey and black) and a frank miller style superman.
    I don't remember the exact line names for each but if you have held a masters classics figure and then see one if them its obvious.
    Some Wal-Mart's may still have stock of the grey and blue Batman or the superman

Wasn't it the DC Multiverse line Dark Knight Returns 30th Anniversary figures (the Superman and Batman - the others used a different buck)?

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2016/...urns-superman/

Yeas you’re correct about the Batman and Superman figures. A cheaper replacement option might be the Darkseid and Mutant Leader figures that are also the same size as the MOTUC bucks. Their neck pegs should also be the same size

Thanks, guys! I'll keep my eyes open for these at toy shows and walmarts.
    Heck, maybe I should just find a cheap MOTUC figure without accessories from a Chinese seller on ebay, if I strike out looking for the DC figures at a toy show tomorrow (NJCC in Cherry Hill, NJ).

The DKR Joker should work, too.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Skeleteen, Prince Keldor, Captain Randor, The Great Black Wizard, Lady Slither, Spirit, Tuvar, Baddra, Cursed Marzo, Tug-O-War, Scrollos, Songster, Mini-Comics Spirit of Castle Grayskull, and for the love of the Sorceress and Julie Winston, ODIPHUS!!!

Instagram: Just_Thommy

Well, I got my hands on a cheap DKR Batman to try the transplant. As it turns out, while the ball joint is the same size, it's not a Barbell shaped piece.
    I could pick up Superman, but I'm afraid he will have the same "anatomy" as Bats.
    I think I'll just try picking up a cheap headless MOTUC figure on eBay.
    IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg

ok that looks like Snake Face for MOTUC's so if it were me I would just pick up another from Ebay , I doubt Snake Face is expensive.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Kittrina, Melaktha, Stridor, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Grizzlor, Leech, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, She-Ra, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor

Good eye, that's right: Snake Face. I guess it's more the principle of the thing. I hate to throw out a good figure when such a small part is the only thing broken. I just got a headless Saurod off a Chinese seller for $10 shipped, so I'm hoping that will work. If it doesn't, I'm just giving up and getting another Snake Face, LOL.
    The Batman figure cost $10 as well at Ollie's, and I'm keeping it despite the neck being less than perfect after disassembly and reassembly, but at least I'm getting something out of it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Motucguide View Post
    Good eye, that's right: Snake Face. I guess it's more the principle of the thing. I hate to throw out a good figure when such a small part is the only thing broken. I just got a headless Saurod off a Chinese seller for $10 shipped, so I'm hoping that will work. If it doesn't, I'm just giving up and getting another Snake Face, LOL.
    The Batman figure cost $10 as well at Ollie's, and I'm keeping it despite the neck being less than perfect after disassembly and reassembly, but at least I'm getting something out of it anyway
    Good luck sir, hope you finally sort out that snake face issue.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk
    By the power of Grayskull!!!!

Maybe someone could correct me if I am wrong but I was under the belief that MoTUC Figures had both kinds of those neck pegs. That it varies figure to figure depending on the sculpt and when the original mold was made and which designer it was made under, but I was pretty sure some neck pegs had the 0 ring... and others were double bar bell....
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    Maybe someone could correct me if I am wrong but I was under the belief that MoTUC Figures had both kinds of those neck pegs. That it varies figure to figure depending on the sculpt and when the original mold was made and which designer it was made under, but I was pretty sure some neck pegs had the 0 ring... and others were double bar bell....
    It's quite likely there was more than one design (I suppose, I mean I don't really know).
    But all is well that ends well!

Turns out the headless Saurod I got from China was the perfect donor. My Snake Face has a head once more! And I also have a DKR Batman now, that looks good enough on a shelf. Both accomplished for less than buying a new Snake Face

It's quite likely there was more than one design (I suppose, I mean I don't really know).
    But all is well that ends well!

Turns out the headless Saurod I got from China was the perfect donor. My Snake Face has a head once more! And I also have a DKR Batman now, that looks good enough on a shelf. Both accomplished for less than buying a new Snake Face
    *GREAT to hear man! ...Now your *SNAKE FACE is well on hisssss way to hisssss next STONE-cold victory in battle!

???...Now a quick ? for You Motucguide, or anyone else for that matter, ...??? Did you see any *MUTANT LEADER figs. @ the Ollies where you procured your DKR Miller BATMAN by any chance? ...I have a couple I bought at (or near) reatail price @ Walmart, but passed on the last x2 I saw @ retail for $16.88 & $18.88 (both are gone now), ...but I finally bought a DC TDKR Superman @ an Ollies an hour or so away from me, & I passed on TDKR Batman, ...but I'd Love to grab a Mutant Leader or 2 @ that Discounted price, but I don't think the x2 Ollies stores near me carried any of the figures that the Mutant Leader shipped w/. ...In fact I only saw TDKR Superman @ 1 store, TDKR Batman, & Superfriends Batman & Green Lantern, ...I did NOT see any Superfriends Aquaman, Superman, of Son of Batman figures, which I believe were the other figures that were released in the waves w/ the figures I did see. (actually Idk which figs. were released w/ either waves TBH.)
    Last edited by invisibleboy; May 29, 2018 at 03:34pm.
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post
    *GREAT to hear man! ...Now your *SNAKE FACE is well on hisssss way to hisssss next STONE-cold victory in battle!

???...Now a quick ? for You Motucguide, or anyone else for that matter, ...??? Did you see any *MUTANT LEADER figs. @ the Ollies where you procured your DKR Miller BATMAN by any chance? ...I have a couple I bought at (or near) reatail price @ Walmart, but passed on the last x2 I saw @ retail for $16.88 & $18.88 (both are gone now), ...but I finally bought a DC TDKR Superman @ an Ollies an hour or so away from me, & I passed on TDKR Batman, ...but I'd Love to grab a Mutant Leader or 2 @ that Discounted price, but I don't think the x2 Ollies stores near me carried any of the figures that the Mutant Leader shipped w/. ...In fact I only saw TDKR Superman @ 1 store, TDKR Batman, & Superfriends Batman & Green Lantern, ...I did NOT see any Superfriends Aquaman, Superman, of Son of Batman figures, which I believe were the other figures that were released in the waves w/ the figures I did see. (actually Idk which figs. were released w/ either waves TBH.)
    I saw a son of Batman (I think), but not the mutant leader. It was the figure that re-used the Guy Gardner body in blue with a new head. Otherwise, I saw the exact same line-up (and no Aquaman or any other Super Friends other than Bats, Supes, and GL).

I saw a son of Batman (I think), but not the mutant leader. It was the figure that re-used the Guy Gardner body in blue with a new head. Otherwise, I saw the exact same line-up (and no Aquaman or any other Super Friends other than Bats, Supes, and GL).

Thanks Brooooo!!!!
    ...& I LOVE Your MOTUC Guide pages!!! I want to show them to the kids when I have them this week, where again can I find this awesome resource dude?
    invisibleboy - Unseen, But DEFINITELY NOT Unheard! Sorry bout it.

Quote Originally Posted by invisibleboy View Post

Thanks Brooooo!!!!
    ...& I LOVE Your MOTUC Guide pages!!! I want to show them to the kids when I have them this week, where again can I find this awesome resource dude?
    Thank you! If you'd like to get a guide, you can send me a PM, or email orders@motucguide.website.
    I'll also be at some toy shows relatively close to you, selling in person, but I don't have a final list with dates yet. I'll be at New Jersey Collectors Con in Cherry Hill, and at Retro Con in Oaks, PA. Also at Toycon NJ in Parsippany, NJ (and at the Wayne, NJ show). I have about 35 books (out of 100) left at this time.