Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 94 of 94

Thread: 'Masks of Power' Demon/Goblin Speculation and Support Thread

  1. #76
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    Yeah I'm surprised alot of people haven't noticed that Demo-man looks alot bigger and buffer than most of the other figs out there! I think the Horsemen snuck that in and alot of people really didn't give that recognition. It appears that Demo-Man had new calves, forearms, hands, and feet. If that were applied to the demons, I think we have winners..

    Now the only question is , do we want them nude or loin-cloth-would we be picky about that ? Do we wan't wristguards/bracers or accurate to the comic? Also, how would the tails work? Do we need weapons?
    I would love it if they could get a newly sculpted pelvis to be as accurate to the comic as possible, however I'd rather see the loincloth if new pieces would compromise our chances of getting the little orcs or the additional items.

    I don't need weapons since they didn't have any in the comic. If people want them armed, well that's what the weapon packs are for. I wouldn't fuss about the correct wristands, but I'd prefer a unique tail for the green demon instead of re-using the Whiplash tail.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  2. #77
    Heroic Warrior Nemisythe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Despondos
    Posts
    1,452
    Wow! I am really in the minority in saying.... I don't want them! Sorry Guys! I think maybe the characters from the Filmation, maybe....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

  3. #78
    Heroic Warrior Metalogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Marcos,TX
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I would love it if they could get a newly sculpted pelvis to be as accurate to the comic as possible, however I'd rather see the loincloth if new pieces would compromise our chances of getting the little orcs or the additional items.

    I don't need weapons since they didn't have any in the comic. If people want them armed, well that's what the weapon packs are for. I wouldn't fuss about the correct wristands, but I'd prefer a unique tail for the green demon instead of re-using the Whiplash tail.
    agreed about both the pelvis and weapons. At this point, i have an entire armory ina tackle box.

    But I was thinking the green demoncould use Cobra kahn's forearms and still use demo-man's hands, perhaps.

    But i'd also love to see a follow-up mini comic

  4. #79
    Heroic Warrior michaelAschamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    201
    I think that these two would be cool as a convention 2pack that also should come with there goblin forms and masks! Simply they could be a pre-order deal as well, in any instance I would like to have them, yeah they are not essential but they would be cool non the less!

  5. #80
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalogan View Post
    But i'd also love to see a follow-up mini comic
    That would be so awesome !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  6. #81
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany-Ruhr region
    Posts
    2,085
    They should throw in an Alcala-Fisto-head into that 2Pack

  7. #82
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,245
    This two-pack is a great idea that I hope we see one day. Along with the two demons, there needs to be the two orcs, the two masks you can fit over the orcs heads, and a quartz stone that can open and has a sword of the ancients inside.

    The Red Demon can reuse a lot of parts from Beast Man, while the Green Demon might require a few more new ones, due to his specific spikes and ridges.

    A very fun representation from the mini-comic, for sure.

  8. #83
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,661
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  9. #84
    eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Hobb's End
    Posts
    2,269
    All the customs from the thread are great!
    But I don't like so much the head of the green demon, it isn't so evil and aggressive like the comic one. It seems an herbivore dinosaur and not a carnivore one. What do you think?
    However put the customs photo in the first post of this thread after the mock-up!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

    Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

    Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

  10. #85
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,661
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    All the customs from the thread are great!
    But I don't like so much the head of the green demon, it isn't so evil and aggressive like the comic one. It seems an herbivore dinosaur and not a carnivore one. What do you think?
    I agree, it doesn't have the same impact as the one in the comic and he needs to look a bit more menacing. But on the whole I really like the way he customized all these figures to look like the Alcala mini-comics.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    However put the customs photo in the first post of this thread after the mock-up!
    I will make it so
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  11. #86
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Excellent work, Joey !!!

    I used your mock-up as a base for my own rendition, hope you don't mind

    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...small_full.jpg
    I wanted these monsters since I was a kid.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

  12. #87
    Heroic Warrior Greenskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Atlantic Canada
    Posts
    459
    I would buy these. I want them packaged together with the two goblins and two masks.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Tung Lashor, Queen Angela & Lodar

  13. #88
    Heroic Warrior Lich Leech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lake of Gnarl
    Posts
    1,371
    I think these things would be super popular and would sell out very quickly.
    By the ancients!!!


    Lich Leech feedback thread

  14. #89
    EVIL TRENTONIAN Grepicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Baja, Arizona
    Posts
    316
    Once again, here are some awesome figures that would sell well, not only to MOTUC fans, but to anyone who is into Fantasy like Lord of the Rings, Conan, even Pacific Rim.

    There is NO need for Son of he-man when there are so many well created characters to choose from.

    These could even be used in GIANT BUCK form.
    HAVES: MOSS MAN, ADORA, Mantenna, King Randor
    WANTS: Whiplash, Stinkor, Trap-Jaw, Webstor
    Toyguru Collector Supreme posted December 12, 2013 "Can't understand what you are asking. Sorry."
    Toyguru Marketing Manager Mattel posted March 16, 2014 "Every great project from toys to movie and a TV usually need a fan base to support it and an "internal champion" that keeps it going through the system."

  15. #90
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Grepicon View Post
    There is NO need for Son of he-man when there are so many well created characters to choose from.
    I've been saying that all along, my friend.

  16. #91
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,772
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    This two-pack is a great idea that I hope we see one day. Along with the two demons, there needs to be the two orcs, the two masks you can fit over the orcs heads, and a quartz stone that can open and has a sword of the ancients inside.

    The Red Demon can reuse a lot of parts from Beast Man, while the Green Demon might require a few more new ones, due to his specific spikes and ridges.

    A very fun representation from the mini-comic, for sure.
    Yeah! Great suggestions. I really would like the sword of the ancient & the masks & those cool little guys.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

  17. #92
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hopkinsville, Kentucky
    Posts
    59
    King Tamusk, this is best idea I think I've EVER read on these forums. Perfectly brilliant, down to the incased sword. You could pretty much reinact the entire mini comic with this perposed two-pack. Love it!

    I'm all for any random goblin, manticore, demon or beast in this line, but these two in particular have always been at the tip top of that want list.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

  18. #93
    Heroic Warrior King Tamusk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by True Form View Post
    King Tamusk, this is best idea I think I've EVER read on these forums. Perfectly brilliant, down to the incased sword. You could pretty much reinact the entire mini comic with this perposed two-pack. Love it!

    I'm all for any random goblin, manticore, demon or beast in this line, but these two in particular have always been at the tip top of that want list.
    Thank you. Maybe their doesn't even have to be separate masks, as long as the demon heads and orc heads are swap-able.

  19. #94
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Hopkinsville, Kentucky
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Thank you. Maybe their doesn't even have to be separate masks, as long as the demon heads and orc heads are swap-able.
    You're welcome. It's truly brilliant and you're very good at coming up with these kind of ideas. You've always got my support in these kind of things.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and and original here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •