Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you get in 2014?

What did you get in 2014?

So as the year rounds up, we all can reflect back on MOTUC figures we got either through subs or third party sellers.

So I ask you all- what are some of the highlights for you that you got in 2014 as far as MOTUC is concerned?

This was a year of biggies for me.

Battle Ram was a big one. One of only three vehicles I had growing up.

Gwildor and Mermista haven't arrived here in Jerusalem yet, but they were my #1 MOTU and #1 POP from day one, so it's super exciting to get both in the same month.

Scorpia and Madame Razz join Adora, Marlena, and Shadow Weaver on the "Halelu! I never thought I'd have you!" shelf.

The POP sub and all of the Club Eternia POP releases were a triumph of fan determination and patience. I cannot wait for Peekablue and Perfuma to be announced for 2015.
    Last edited by bamf1980; December 30, 2014 at 02:15pm.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Highlights:-

Top 5 figures:

01 Modulok
    02 Mermista
    03 Tung Lashor
    04 Scorpia
    05 Unnamed One

Beasts/vehicles/extras -

Loved the POP sub as a whole, great choice of characters including GP She-Ra.
    Battle Ram!!!
    Filmation Hordak - yeh it sucked he didn't have his correct head, but really dig this figure now and love Imp.

Lows:-

unpainted accessories
    Bloated Armor
    IG Skeletor being botched up
    Rio Blast being botched up
    WISHLIST
    Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Sorceress of Serpos Teela ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~
    Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast Robowoman ~ DC He-Man ~ DC She-Ra ~ DC Stratos

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Honestly, this was a fantastic year overall. Yes, some issues, but great character selection.

I think the 'highs' for me would be Two-Bad, Modulok, Glimmer, Madame Razz, Light Hope, Eldor and Tung Lashor. The Battle Ram's pretty awesome, too, but I'm still recovering from the price.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

This year I made a big push to collect as many figures as I could, having only picked up the odd one here or there previously, so I got myself 4 Moduloks, Fisto, Jitsu, Scareglow, a bunch of Palace Guards, Draego Man, Sir Laser Lot, The Mighty Spector, Octavia, Snake Face, Tung Lashor, Rattlor, Cy Chop, Horde Prime, Rokkon, Stonedar, a Horde Trooper, Mek A Neck, Two Bad, Strong-Or, He-Ro, the Fighting Foe Men, Kobra Khan, Batros and a whole bunch of others, but those are my main pick ups for the year.

Heroic Warrior
    This was a decidedly much better year than 2013. The clear highlights for me were getting two bad modulok and especially the PoP love first we got with glimmer, scorpia, double mischief razz broom lookee kowl filmation esque Hordak imp flutterina entrapta sweet bee light hope spinnerella and mermista. Even better mattel ditched the vintage toy designs and finally after waiting thirty years got the gals in their Filmation looks-well almost everyone I'm looking at you entrapta and getting so many pop figures in one nice chunk was so much more rewarding than the drib drab approach of years past

And I finally got a filmation man at arms!!!!!!! Bring on more filmation versions!

The lowlights unnamed one and the na stuff hydron flogg and she ra

Better yet it looks like 2015 is going to continue of this years momentum with a great roster with lizard man ninjor, huntara and Angella-yes more pop love, blast and multibot and finally a vintage toy he man head
    Last edited by degra; December 30, 2014 at 12:53pm.

What about outside the subscriptions for you guys?

I know this year I really tried to get a few of the expensive figures out of the way- I was able to pick up a Fisto, Beastman and a Shadow Weaver.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Major highlights for me: Two-bad, Scorpia, Madam Razz, Entrapta and Tung Lashor.

I expect Gwildor, Spinnerella and Mermista to make that list, but they have not arrived yet

Figure that really surprised me and won me over: Flutterina. She is great!

Figure that I never thought I would ever see in plastic form, and always wanted: Goat Man!

Top figure of 2014: Glimmer! I love her so much that I can overlook issues (leotard I have since fixed). Been waiting for her for a LOOOONG time.
    We were specifically told that Dare would not be in 2014-2015, see the words straight from Scott here: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...808#9101046808

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquinius View Post
    What did you get in 2014?
    One year older...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wow... thinking back over this year. I almost forgot how many figures we actually got.

January: Two-Bad
    February: Glimmer, Modulok
    March: Goatman, Loo-Kee, Kowl, Hydron, The Unnamed One
    April: Blade
    May: Scorpia, Battle Lion
    June: Extendar
    July: Flogg, Double Trouble
    August: Flutterina, NA Skeletor, Madame Razz & Broom, Blue Hordak, Imp
    September: Rio Blast, Entrapta
    October: Eldor, Light Hope, Sweet Bee
    November: Tung Lashor, NA She-ra, Arrow, Battle Ram, Filmationy Man At Arms
    December: Gwildor, Spinnerella, Mermista

22 Full sized figures (Did not count Gwildor & Madame Razz)
    7 Smaller figures
    1 Buildable Figure
    2 Steeds
    1 Vehicle

So for me:

Figures that disappointed me:
    NA Skeletor, Rio Blast, The Unnamed One, Sweet Bee, Blue Hordak

The best figures I was looking forward to:
    Scorpia, Blade, Extendar, Gwildor, Madame Razz, Broom, Imp, Goat Man

Figures that surprised me and made me happy to own them:
    Eldor, Light Hope, Mermista, Modulok, Battle Lion, Entrapta, Flutterina,

If I focus on the bad this year, it can seem like a disappointing year (mostly because the oopses seemed to all happen after July). But overall it was an amazing year with some great figures that filled in some rather major holes.

The only ones I missed out on were Kowl/Loo-Kee (I'll pick them up at some point), and the Battle Ram (a bit pricey for my taste and I don't have near enough space, even if it wasn't so expensive).

2014 had some real wins for me. The highlights:

Modulok (never would have imagined I'd have an updated, functional Modulok figure!!!)
    Scorpia
    Extendar
    NA Skeletor (after I fixed the armor, easily one of my favorite Skeletor forms)
    Entrapta
    Tung Lashor
    NA She-Ra
    Mermista

My two big surprises were:
    Flutterina (There's NO way I would have anticipated liking this figure as much as I do)
    Light Hope (completely out of nowhere, yet possibly my favorite figure of the year)

I think my only disappointments this year were:
    Double Trouble's unfortunate face
    The Unnamed One (cool figure, but I still don't buy that he looked the same after thousands of years of absorbing dark and powerful magics. He's ok as a "Before" picture, but doesn't work for me as an "After" picture. None of this is news. Not trying to stir up an UNO discussion! Lol. Just listing my highs
    and lows of 2014!)
    Come on Matty! Show me DRAGSTOR!!!

WHERE'S CRITA???? C'MON MATTY! DO THE RIGHT THING!

What about outside the subscriptions for you guys?

I know this year I really tried to get a few of the expensive figures out of the way- I was able to pick up a Fisto, Beastman and a Shadow Weaver.
    I pretty much stopped buying old MOTUC when I signed up for the sub-lite. I did grab a Bow, to ride his horsies.

My NECA Alien Queen arrived today. She's 1/12th scale, so in scale for MOTUC. She's breath-taking! (6" scale Jabba the Hutt arrived yesterday.)

I also got the Sideshow Hellboy and Red Sonja statues. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

On Christmas Eve I got my Gothitropolis pack from the 4H. Didn't afford as many figures as I want, but I got Scarabus, Raven, Minotaur the Duck, and another Time Keeper. Hope to score a few more before they all disappear.

Some of my favorite new MOTUC figures from 2014 are:

Modulok
    Tong-Lashor
    Two-Bad
    Extendar
    Gorpo
    Light Hope

I regret buying a second Etheria sub. One would have been enough.
    Last edited by No-Ah; December 30, 2014 at 03:51pm.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I pretty much stopped buying old MOTUC when I signed up for the sub-lite. I did grab a Bow, to ride his horsies.

My NECA Alien Queen arrived today. She's 1/12th scale, so in scale for MOTUC. She's breath-taking! (6" scale Jabba the Hutt arrived yesterday.)

I also got the Sideshow Hellboy and Red Sonja statues. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

Some of my favorite new MOTUC figures from 2014 are:

Modulok
    Tong-Lashor
    Two-Bad
    Extendar
    Gorpo
    Light Hope

I regret buying a second Etheria sub. One would have been enough.

Awesome! You should post some pictures...

I have to admit, I'm a diehard completionist at heart but as is the case with every completionist- my wallet won't allow it. Hence why I'm trying to knock out the bigger more expensive figures first! Haha

Awesome! You should post some pictures...

I have to admit, I'm a diehard completionist at heart but as is the case with every completionist- my wallet won't allow it. Hence why I'm trying to knock out the bigger more expensive figures first! Haha
    I have a rule for myself with MOTUC: I won't pay more than $50 or retail for any MOTUC figure. It makes certain figures simply unattainable, but that's for the best. As MOTUC isn't my only interest, it all works out. I think I spent about $100 on the 4 Gothitropolis figures, and I'd rather have them than one of the rare MOTUC - and they're all the same scale, so it expanded my universe.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I have a rule for myself with MOTUC: I won't pay more than $50 or retail for any MOTUC figure. It makes certain figures simply unattainable, but that's for the best. As MOTUC isn't my only interest, it all works out. I think I spent about $100 on the 4 Gothitropolis figures, and I'd rather have them than one of the rare MOTUC - and they're all the same scale, so it expanded my universe.
    That's a good rule to have. I use to have the dollar cut off rule but I found myself buying a whole wide array of things from GI Joe to Transformers to whatever just because it fell within the rule. Then over time, I didn't have enough space! So I decided that I would rather only collect 2 or 3 lines really indepth (MOTUC, MU and Acid Rain- I know...weird assortment right?) which would provide me with a little bit more focus in my collection and aim my money in a way which gets me the things I can still enjoy. Overall....we all deal with this problem differently

And to note: I only got the aforementioned figures BECAUSE I sold off all of my side-collections. So toys beget toys I suppose!

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    January: Two-Bad
    February: Glimmer, Modulok
    March: Goatman
    May: Scorpia
    June: Extendar
    October: Light Hope
    November: Tung Lashor

That's it, the rest were meh, too much random POP or unwanted stuff
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

Madame Razz

She was my main want and I can't believe I have her and broom in my collection.

Also, very happy to have Scorpia, Blade, Mermista, Light Hope, Flutterina, Loo-kee, and Tung Lashor most.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I donīt know why but i never got a Man-E-Faces.

This christmas changed that and i got Clamp Champ and Grizzlor as well. It felt as if i would be six years old again getting MOTU toys for christmas from my parents
    *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Hawke *Pebb-Liss(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

I got Castle Grayskull for my birthday in Feb which was amazing. Modulok, Gorpo and the NA figures were all highlights for me. Great to have NA Skelly, Hydron and Flogg finally. Was excited to finally get Goatman too even though I had to turn to some Chinese worker on ebay to get one.

The Battle Ram is not just my favorite from this year, but one of my top faves from this or any toy line ever. Here's what else I got:

Two-Bad
    Glimmer
    Modulok
    Blade
    Scorpia
    Battle Lion
    NA Skeletor
    Madame Razz & Broom
    Blue Hordak & Imp
    Rio Blast
    Entrapta
    Eldor
    Light Hope
    Sweet Bee
    Tung Lashor
    NA She-ra
    Battle Ram & Man At Arms
    Mermista

And the mini-masters.
    My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I got the ordinary sub items plus Goat-Man and Galactic Protector She-Ra. I don't believe I bought any past MOTUC offerings this year. So, my thoughts for 2014:

Two-Bad: Awesome
    Glimmer: So-so
    Modulok: FANTASTIC
    Unnamed One - Loved it
    Hydron - So-so
    Blade - Pretty good, not perfect
    Goat-Man - Really good
    Battle-Lion - Well-made, not my favorite
    Scorpia - Fantastic
    Extendar - Not bad, did not hold my interest for too long
    Flogg - Somewhat bland
    Flutterina - Not bad at all, though those wings need work.
    NA Skeletor - Better than I had expected, but seriously flawed
    Rio Blast - Seriously flawed
    Eldor - Good figure
    Tung Lashor - Extremely good
    Arrow - Unmemorable
    Gwildor - Good, but not worth the extra money
    Mermista - Well-done, has some flaws
    NA She-Ra - Fantastic

I honestly have lost track of how many MOTUC figures 2014 have brought me, but I am quite sure that the last year I bought an equal amount of MOTU figures, must have been 1985.

It has been a truly remarkable year..!
    Leech sucks..!

I got a TON of stuff this year. Aside from the regular sub I also picked up a bunch of stuff to fill in holes in my collection. I was lucky enough to get:
    King Grayskull
    Queen Marlena
    Goat Man
    Fang Man
    Gryphon
    Battle Ground Evil Lyn
    Catra
    and Filmation Hordak

Pretty big group, and that doesn't count the Cyber Monday stuff I'm still waiting for.

Heroic Warrior
    I subbed to Etheria (first sub ever), and am very happy with those, but it limited my other purchases.

From the marketplace I got Scorpia, Flutterina and Gwildor which are great, an Etheria and Preternia map, and also Arrow and Glimmer (which have certain paint issues).

From Mattel I got Geldor, Sea Hawk, Icer and Loo-Kee & Kowl. I wish I could have managed more (last year's Power-Con really helped with that), especially the Battle Ram, but I'm happy with most everything I got.

Great thread.

My highlight this year has been the mini figures honestly. Don't get me wrong I loved all the MOTUC I got, in particular Entrapta, NA Skeletor and Modulok, but by this point I know what to expect with these guys. The mini figures were a nice change of pace and I adore them. Really sad the sub didn't go through for next year. I would have loved to get my hands on more of the little guys.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**