Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar

MotUC Filmation variants

Given the rights to do so, which Filmation variants (a) would you like to see, and (b) do you think they would do?

Overall, after all, they vary from relatively mild differences (e.g., He-Man) to the virtually unrecognisable (e.g., Clawful), and based on what Mattel have said about 200X variants, the only the latter group would be assured of being done at some point.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I would definately want the characters that didn't have toys all together.

Figures like He-man and beastman would be cool but only in a "filmation two pack" or limited quantities...I'm not wanting my July 2012 spot for filmation he-man instead of a shadow weaver or Mekaneck

IDEA!!! what if they started a new line through matty of little 4'' statues of filmation... something small and none poseable (and cheaper)

Not to exclude filmation from classics but to give collectors like myself a reason to start collecting he-man again in a new way
    Last edited by Canada-Man; May 28, 2011 at 10:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Figures like He-man and beastman would be cool but only in a "filmation two pack" or limited quantities...I'm not wanting my July 2012 spot for filmation he-man instead of a shadow weaver or Mekaneck
    They're going to do variants regardless - of the 16 standard-sized figures a year, four are variants (one every three months - and, for better or worse, they're showing no sign of changing that). Ergo, the debate is about WHAT variants they should/will do, not variants vs. new characters...

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC Filmation Mer-Man, Clawful, Tung Lashor, Modulok, Rattlor, Hordak and Leech would be cool as variants.

But when would Mattel begin to release them ? After 2018 ? Or would those Filmation variants delay vintage figures/variants even more so ?

I just pray that if there are Filmation figures released in MOTUC, we'll see the unique characters first (Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Shokoti, Batros, Lord Masque, Fang Man, Octavia etc.).

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Given the rights to do so, which Filmation variants (a) would you like to see, and (b) do you think they would do?

Overall, after all, they vary from relatively mild differences (e.g., He-Man) to the virtually unrecognisable (e.g., Clawful), and based on what Mattel have said about 200X variants, the only the latter group would be assured of being done at some point.
    When we are talking Filmation variants do we mean:

a) Repaints of the figures we already have, with new parts as necessary. Maybe a cartoon alternate head.

b) "Simplistic Cartoon Detail" styled figures that still use the necessary bucks, but with the cartoon changes, like the lack of decorations on He-Man's bracers of the lack of straps on his boots. Cartoon heads.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Not that interested unless it's outside the standard 16 yearly figures. I'll buy them for sure but I don't like the idea that they will be taking away/pushing back other things.

Maybe a Filmation line could make it at retail.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind Filmation versions of these characters.

He-Man
    Prince Adam
    Zodac
    Buzz-Off
    Skeletor
    Evil-Lyn
    Tri-Klops
    Trap Jaw
    Whiplash
    Clawful
    "Chopper"
    Kobra Khan
    Hordak
    Modulok

Especially Kobra Khan. I really like his Filmation design best of all his incarnations.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

As much as I'm really enjoying being a completist in MOTUC, I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about an overkill of Filmation variants that require more changes that the typical TRU repaint, but feel redundant as full fledged releases.

It may be cool if some figures came with a Filmation head, and I'd be down for some who have drastically different animated looks.

Filmation He-Man and Skeletor are not something I particularly want, but I'd gladly have them since they'd represent so much excitement for other fans.

I'd hope for case like a Filmation He-Man, he'd have some significant changes and a really nice bonus accessory.

I'm hoping if and when they do get the flimation rights then they don't need the bonus quarterly figures anymore. I mean my god they already have a lot of characters without the flimation world . This line is Gonna be around until i die.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I'm all for Filmation variants, especially of He-Man and Skeletor since I've always wanted figures that had head sculpts that resembled their cartoon counterparts.
    Last edited by Jean; May 29, 2011 at 12:31am.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I'd LOVE a Filmation variant of Count Marzo...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    When we are talking Filmation variants do we mean:

a) Repaints of the figures we already have, with new parts as necessary. Maybe a cartoon alternate head.

b) "Simplistic Cartoon Detail" styled figures that still use the necessary bucks, but with the cartoon changes, like the lack of decorations on He-Man's bracers of the lack of straps on his boots. Cartoon heads.
    I'd be satisfied with either of those options too, but preferably mostly repaints with a couple new parts to keep them in line with the others as well as in the "quarterly variant slot".
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I don't know about filmation variants as repaints...I've seen the customs of evil-lyn in filmation colors and while she looks great, it's still not the same as a true filmation design evil-lyn.

I think MOTUC she-ra 1.0 and MOTUC teela are a great example of how different the two looks are from each other.

The great thing with filmation only characters being done in MOTUC is that they can have added details within the original filmation design.

So I guess my answer is I'd want filmation designed outfits but with more details (think catra's belt) not simple re-paints. Teela and Evil-Lyn are obviously at the top of that list.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST SDCC 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue - Toy Catra - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: 3 main twiggets

I'm imagining Filmation variants as more than just repaints. Most would need some new tooling or parts at a minimum.

I'm hoping Blue Hordak comes out as a TRU 2 pak.

Specific Filmation variants I'd like to see are:

- Teela
    - Skeletor
    - Evil Lyn with cape (and swappable helmetless head)
    - Mer-Man
    - Tri-Klops (prefer that head)
    - and yes, Filmation Count Marzo.

I don't really want a Filmation Trap Jaw with the furry shorts and human legs. I do however desperately want a mini-comic accurate Green Trap Jaw.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

As Hordaks already avialable via style Guide, the only ones I would want are Tung Lashor and Clawful, the rest wouldn't be different enough IMO
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I'm imagining Filmation variants as more than just repaints. Most would need some new tooling or parts at a minimum.

I'm hoping Blue Hordak comes out as a TRU 2 pak.
    Eh? Blue Hordak would be medium tooling. New head, armour, arms (w/Trap Jaw joints), arm-attachments, Imp...

No way could you do it properly as a pure repaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    I don't really want a Filmation Trap Jaw with the furry shorts and human legs.
    Uh... apart from the shortened mechanical arm, Filmation Trap-Jaw IS just a repaint of standard Trap-Jaw. Here's what a TRU Filmation Trap-Jaw (without fixing the arm) would look like:

Last edited by Reboot; May 29, 2011 at 08:38am.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    They're going to do variants regardless - of the 16 standard-sized figures a year, four are variants (one every three months - and, for better or worse, they're showing no sign of changing that). Ergo, the debate is about WHAT variants they should/will do, not variants vs. new characters...
    Okay...i misinterpreted what you were getting at... Sorry

I would like probably filmation versions of most of them...I got no issues with any of them...I would like them to be classicized tho to fit in...color schemes is more what i'm wanting...I'm not looking for a smooth belt and he-man hair for a filmation he-man...i just want a color coded one

Eh? Blue Hordak would be medium tooling. New head, armour, arms (w/Trap Jaw joints), arm-attachments, Imp...

No way could you do it properly as a pure repaint.

Uh... apart from the shortened mechanical arm, Filmation Trap-Jaw IS just a repaint of standard Trap-Jaw. Here's what a TRU Filmation Trap-Jaw (without fixing the arm) would look like:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ED/TrapJaw.jpg
    now that is cool!!!!
    Last edited by Canada-Man; May 29, 2011 at 01:06pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm all up Filmation variants, so long as they appropriately invest in the tooling necessary to pull it off. He-Man, Skeletor, Prince Adam, Teela, Zoar, Trap Jaw and Hordak would be at the top of my list.

I would only like Clawfull, but not repaints of characters we already have. No cartoon based heads in MOTUC, since they won't be classics style.

Rather give us characters we never had as toys before in classics style.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    I'd like a filmation He-Man, Hordak and Trapjaw would be cool but would prolly make better TRU 2 packs, Clawful and Marzo would probably be cool too

Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    Hordak and Trapjaw would be cool but would prolly make better TRU 2 packs
    I'll half-give you Trap-Jaw, since it's just the one point (the mechanical arm) that's seriously different. But Hordak? Really. Compare and contrast:

Even if we ignore small things like the Horde symbols on the boots and the balls on the belt, those are NOT the same design. Head, armour, Imp and - of course - the many and varied arm (and so forth) transformations that aren't represented in the existing MotUC toy are very different. Why do people keep trying to tell themselves it's just a pure repaint?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'll half-give you Trap-Jaw, since it's just the one point (the mechanical arm) that's seriously different. But Hordak? Really. Compare and contrast:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...otUCHordak.jpg
    When you enter blue Hordak in the Classicizer machine, he comes out like the one on the right.

Seriously though, I'd like a blue Hordak with a new head and cowl (minimum) with Imp.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Some of the ones I'd like to see:

Clawful
    He-Man
    Skeletor
    Mer-Man
    Evil-Lyn
    Tri-Klops

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Honestly? I would like to see every character who has appeared in Filmation get the re-deco treatment!

Some are easier said than done though. A simple repaint of Skeletor would definitely not be enough. He HAS to have a brand new head sculpt with a proper hood, whereas He-Man could suffice with a darker skin-tone and Filmation-accurate colors (despite some of the extra details like the boot-straps and belt designs.....)

BTW, that Trap-Jaw is MOST EXCELLENT!

What would really be awesome is a completely new line, based solely on the Filmation designs for both MotU and PoP. Real similar to when Playmates released their TOON specific line of T.M.N.T. (The turtles all had their simplified cartoon designs. It was pretty darn cool.)
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Sign me up!, I'd love filmation variants, as well as 200x variants, and He-man in his first mini comic colors.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

For variations of characters that have already been produced, I would love to see these:

Mer-Man
    Count Marzo
    Hordak
    Trap Jaw

Of course, I want them all adapted into the Classics style (just like everything else) but these run the gamut of changes I think. TJ could be a repaint with some new attachments; Hordak could have a swappable arm a la Trap Jaw and new color scheme, Marzo would be completely different taking his FilMation look and adapting it thusly and Mer-Man's head is different enough that it would be fun to get another take on him. Doesn't hurt he is my favorite MOTU character.