Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

" Sorceress of Night " evil-lyn4ever's Avatar

Filmation Evil-Lyn Figure

With all of the Filmation figures being made, it would be a dream come true to actually get a Filmation Evil-Lyn figure if possible. I know we already have the yellow original version and battleground Evil-Lyn which are both great figures. I just would love to have an actual Filmation version of her though like she was on the cartoon. That would totally be awesome if at all possible. My dream would finally have could true with this line then. We got Shadow Weaver, Shokoti, so lets get Filmation Evil-Lyn. Thanks so much!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Evil Lyn Sorceress of Night."

Heroic Warrior
    Filmation Evil-Lyn ? Not before 2016, thank you !

There are still too many awesome unique characters that were not revealed yet (Modulok, Two-Bad, Queen Angella, Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Eldor, Lizorr...). The priority must be on those unique characters, just like what Toyguru promised !

And as far as variants are concerned, I'd MUCH prefer the vintage variants to be done first (Terror Claws Skeletor, Flying Fists He-Man) and even NA Skeletor and Filmation Hordak.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I agree with the previous post: not until 2016.There are too many characters yet to make before her. If there's still life in the line beyond 2015, then why not? For the time being, the only variants I' d be ok with would be a Filmation Hordak with Imp and NA Skeletor...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    To me BG Evil Lynn is the ultimate version and only one we need. Has filmation and 200 x elements. She's perfect so another would be a wasted slot... (Sorry Max, I even feel that way bout Cloak and Dagger)

I'm happy with the white Evil Lynn I have. I think Two variants are enough.

As much as I'd love a Filmation Evil-Lyn....not before Hordak gets his Filmation variant first, and then Clawful second....
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I feel we already got that with ba evil lyn
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a Filmation Evil-Lyn but way down the road.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, two is enough. BG Evil Lyn is awesome.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind a filmation version subscription where they give us 6 filmation versions including Hordak with imp, Evil Lynn, bow with kowl, seahawk (org style version), and whatever else. BTW I love the upcoming sea hawk but saw many wanting his old look.

Never gonna happen. The only Filmation Vintage figures you're gonna see are the POP ladies. Matty is not making Filmation versions of already released figures. And the Battleground Evil-Lyn is pretty much that anyway.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, ROTAR, TWISTOID

I'd much rather want a 200X-based Evil-Lyn with skirt, preferrably the younger version from the flashbacks when she met Keldor.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    im in serious need of another teela variant one with newer articulation
    myp would be great
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-lyn4ever View Post
    With all of the Filmation figures being made, it would be a dream come true to actually get a Filmation Evil-Lyn figure if possible. I know we already have the yellow original version and battleground Evil-Lyn which are both great figures. I just would love to have an actual Filmation version of her though like she was on the cartoon. That would totally be awesome if at all possible. My dream would finally have could true with this line then. We got Shadow Weaver, Shokoti, so lets get Filmation Evil-Lyn. Thanks so much!!!!
    Evil-Lyn should have been given three or four variants (apart from the "disguise" variants such as Majestra):

-vintage (yellow skin, vintage Teela's bodice in navy/azure color scheme, no cape or cloak)

-Filmation ("normal" flesh-colored skin, somewhat different bodice in Filmation purple/blue color scheme, with cape)

-200X (pale skin, redesigned bodice in black/purple/whitish color scheme, with cloak—essentially the teased Cloak & Dagger variant)

-1987 movie (thorough redesign)

The Battle Ground version has been a wasted slot in the sense that, being kind of an intermediate repaint between Filmation and 200X, it doesn't really satisfy those that want either version. The slot Matty used for BGEL should have been given to some other non-Evil-Lyn variant (there were lots to choose from), instead of rushing a quick-n'-dirty novel variant that wasn't what Filmation nor 200X fans wanted.

So we're still left with two/three demanded Evil-Lyn variants (apart from Majestra, etc.), but those will have to wait until post-2015 (and if they ever get released, the first is most probably going to be 200X/Cloak & Dagger). Plus, there are other Filmation variants that will likely take precedence (e.g., Clawful). So fat chance to see her in Filmation version any time soon.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Matty is not making Filmation versions of already released figures.
    They never said that. Hordak & Clawful are two that are much different than their already existing Classics counterparts. Only if a figure has enough differences it will be made....He-Man & Skeletor are basically heads, same as Mer-Man....but the two I just mentioned have well enough differences. Even Teela & MAA are similar, just a color or a piece of armor difference....Clawful is 100% different, Hordak is at least 80% different.... Different abs (not the flat piece), forearms, briefs, (can now use Nepthu's biceps), new head, armor, cowl...etc. The only thing the same is the chest and back, thighs, calf tops and shoulders.

They said in the Filmation sub, no variants, but they never said no to the main sub, or even non sub.

Evil-Lyn will likely never happen, but there are at least 2 Filmation variants that could be made....3 if you want to go with Marzo....

And to be honest, it's stupid if they don't at least do Hordak, he's the most Iconic version to Filmation fans, which is a lot of people. Clawful could almost be another character, similar, maybe The Vintage toy versions cousin or something. Clawl-Ful instead of Clawful....I don't know, whatever. Marzo could be from the New England province equivalent of Eternia.... Count Mahzo....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 22, 2013 at 11:19pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    To me BG Evil Lynn is the ultimate version and only one we need. Has filmation and 200 x elements. She's perfect so another would be a wasted slot... (Sorry Max, I even feel that way bout Cloak and Dagger)
    totally. This is the "Definative" version for me, because it has so many great elements. Just like the MOTUC line as a whole for me. The best of all worlds.

So I really REALLY dont need a 3rd Lyn.

--------------

Most important Filmation Variants without question are:

1) Filmation Hordak
    2) Filmation Clawful
    3) Filmation Tung Lashor

There can be no arguement here.

Oh there can be, but this be a trifecta of truth.

And if they packed in a Filmation Skeletor Head, I'd be very very happy.

Gimme Filmation Hordak!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Heroic Warrior

Will there ever be a Filmation He-man variant?

I heard that there is no Filmation He-man variant. That it doesn't exist. And to get over it.

Why is this not possible?

Anything is possible, just not likely in the next couple years while they wrap up the vintage lines.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Is a Filmation He-man variant something people would want? Is there a demand? Or are people satisfied with the classic He-man action figure? Do people consider it close enough to the Filmation cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post

Most important Filmation Variants without question are:

1) Filmation Hordak
    2) Filmation Clawful
    3) Filmation Tung Lashor

There can be no arguement here.

Oh there can be, but this be a trifecta of truth.

And if they packed in a Filmation Skeletor Head, I'd be very very happy.
    Now I Personally dont feel like Filmation Hordak part of that trifecta of truth, I would replace him with Filmation Multibot, but if they are going to do him (which by a poll i did, he is the most wanted variant from Filmation), then combine him with buzz saw hordak. 2 for the price of 1. Since buzz saw hordak is like regular hordak, making filmation hordak and combining him with buzzsaw is the best way of tackling this.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dura_grip View Post
    Is a Filmation He-man variant something people would want? Is there a demand? Or are people satisfied with the classic He-man action figure? Do people consider it close enough to the Filmation cartoon?
    I would want him as a He-Man 2.0. I am ambitious. This is the Bandai import collector in me.

In my mind, the new updates would have removable hands, boots and head (I would even say at the bicep, since I have seen it done in retail lines).

He-Man would be a nude buck with the studded belt and loincloth, with better hip articulation (think WWE Elite figures) and upper thigh cut.

He comes with (all removable, based on MOTUC/vintage toy design aesthetics):
    -2 bracers (one for each wrist)
    -2 200x bracers (one for each wrist)
    -1 gauntlet (left forearm)
    -3 left hands with dual swivel/ball wrist movement (fist, gripped, relaxed)
    -4 right hands with dual swivel/ball wrist movement (aloft, fist, gripped, relaxed)
    -1 combined gripped hand (2 handed holding of the power sword)
    -armor
    -200x Asterisk armor
    -battle armor with plates
    -power sword (lightning blast effect)
    -shield
    -axe
    -default head
    -200x head
    -Filmation head
    -Stand with waist clip (action and fighting poses, see Tamashii Stage act 4 for examples); Stand has voice chip to do the "I have the Power!" Exclamation

Make it 40 or 50 bucks to get the Ultimate He-Man. Again, my 2 cents, but it contains all the variability and elements to satisfy all parties without having to buy 3 versions. It would also be a great Comic Con item that is the most mainstream offering for an exclusive in the line to get the attention of attendees. So many times I see people pass the Mattel booth, LOVE the figures, only to find out how far into the line they missed already, and think it's too much to catch up.

That's WAY too ambitious for most, but I will say that I am not a fan of stripped down aesthetics.

I am not a fan of slavish Filmation designs because they were bland. The Classics style is the bar where I would set those designs. He-Man's head is an exception, as is Skeletor's head. That's it. Catra's MOTUC figure is a great example of this. The head is great. Everything else lacks. It's very cool from a toon perspective, but if they made the skirt a furry one with the vintage toy belt painted red, with her toy furry gloves and boots, and only kept the Horde bodice, she would be fantastic. They got the system down from (IMO) Castaspella forward, but I feel like the previous offerings lack and don't fit in.

Again, the Four Horsemen can't do what they did with Shokoti. Adora's gauntlets and She-Ra v.1.0 boots and bracers have to be retired. Filmation characters have to be able to stand next to the MOTUC line well. Even Plundor is textured nicely.

If there isn't a total filmation variant of He-Man, I'd like at least a couple more heads for him with expressions inspired by the series so he can look like he's smiling and giving those moral lessons at the end of the episode.

Mattel's already come out with weapon paks, why not part-paks to make up for the lack of Filmation-style variants? Or why not have custom paks, similar to what TFW2005 did with the Customization class exclusives. Or hell, why not PowerCon-exclusive sets featuring new characters?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'd like a Filmation Modulok. I've always preferred that version to the original toy version.

If we got Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn and a Filmation Evil-Lyn, then Battleground Evil-Lyn won't be needed--unless fans like Vintage Evil-Lyn in 200X colors.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)