Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

Interesting question. I think from the Classics figures we already have i'd like to see Hordak, Skeletor, He-Man, Whiplash, Evil-Lyn and Trap-Jaw. Prince Adam would be cool too.

And a Kobra Khan would be awesome!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i find most filmation characters looks to be very goofy.
    however i do like
    king randor, filmation skeletor head & Hordak head

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I would like He-Man and Skeletor! But also in Alcala, boxart, Bruce Timm, etc. evry incarnation style!

I LOVE Filmation, a part of me would love to have figures that look like they have come straight out of the toon but I also love the added detail that we get in the MOTUC line (I am actually a huge fan of small hints of the 200X detail we see). I don't like a lot of the clean detailing that appears in the cartoon because for me it was only drawn that way because it was easier for the artists to draw (like belts and bracers). If we did get all of the characters re-released in Filmation variants their there is a chance that the line would not look that consistent apart from the scale.

When it comes to Filmation variants it can be broken down into 4 categories;
    - Characters that need a full overhaul because their toy form was completely different
    - Characters that only need a new head and accessories
    - Characters that only need a repaint and could be released in TRU 2packs
    - Characters that don't justify a variant because the changes would be so minimal

My pick of which characters full into some of these categories:
    Characters that need a full overhaul because their toy form was completely different
    - Evil Lyn
    - Hordak (Reboots post depicts this well)
    - King Randor
    - Teela
    - Count Marzo (I'm not a fan of him but I think that his design is significantly different, enough to warrant a new figure for other fans)
    - Tung Lashor (I prefer his toy design though)

Characters that only need a new head and accessories
    - He-man (I really want a Filmation accurate Sword)
    - Skeletor
    - Clawful
    - Merman

Characters that only need a repaint and could be released in TRU 2packs
    - Trapjaw
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I would like He-Man and Skeletor! But also in...Bruce Timm... style!
    ???

Now THAT's a Bruce Timm He-Man and Skeletor!

(Sources: 1, 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Yogopop View Post
    Characters that only need a repaint and could be released in TRU 2packs
    - Trapjaw
    He (my earlier post) COULD be forced into two-packs, but is it worth it if you don't get major details like his arm right?

As for Clawful... you're right in that the majority all the parts are tooled (Buzz-Off hands, Skeletor feet, standard buck - he'd need head, armour and net), but they're not put together on the current Clawful at all.

Evil-Lyns (note that the cartoon drawing, from the Filmation styleguide, isn't quite coloured accurately - the blue areas on her chest are hollow, not solid in the cartoon itself). Is the central one, about as close as could be achieved without retooling, enough? (I'm inclined to agree she needs at least a new dress, but the point should be raised):

Last edited by Reboot; June 2, 2011 at 10:43pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love some characters with a Filmation release. I'd want Teela and Evil-Lyn the most out of the existing characters.
    Good trades with: Cammor

Adam with a pageboy cut (not windswept like the fig), and especially a Teela With fair skin and bright red hair... a new head would be preferred. Randor would look better in a Filmation design as well (no more BK).
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I honestly don't care if we never get any FILMation repaints or variants.

If we did, those I'd like most would be Hordak and Evil Lyn (repaints are just fine).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I'll half-give you Trap-Jaw, since it's just the one point (the mechanical arm) that's seriously different. But Hordak? Really. Compare and contrast:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...otUCHordak.jpg

Even if we ignore small things like the Horde symbols on the boots and the balls on the belt, those are NOT the same design. Head, armour, Imp and - of course - the many and varied arm (and so forth) transformations that aren't represented in the existing MotUC toy are very different. Why do people keep trying to tell themselves it's just a pure repaint?
    yeah! mine is more accurate
    but thanks to ur hordak photo i see i have to change his belt...
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    yeah! mine is more accurate
    but thanks to ur hordak photo i see i have to change his belt...
    Well, if you're aiming for ultimate accuracy (or even a "Classiciser machine" version thereof), you need some Tri-Klops style "bracelets" for a basis, the head needs some work (it looks a bit too round - it isn't entirely clear in my screencap there, but the lines on his cheeks and jaw are facets; that is, the areas between them are entirely flat), and the chest symbol needs moved down and its "wings" reshaped to be taller.

Oh, and some silver paint for the toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Well, if you're aiming for ultimate accuracy (or even a "Classiciser machine" version thereof), you need some Tri-Klops style "bracelets" for a basis, the head needs some work (it looks a bit too round - it isn't entirely clear in my screencap there, but the lines on his cheeks and jaw are facets; that is, the areas between them are entirely flat), and the chest symbol needs moved down and its "wings" reshaped to be taller.

Oh, and some silver paint for the toes.
    ok mister thanks for ur specifications
    but
    1) im not a sculptor
    2) i do it for a hobbie
    3) i will not put to my hordak the duck feets
    4) even with all the deffects that u can see in my hordak its more accurate than the mattel one
    so im more than happy with my hordak
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Official Filmation Updates for Main Characters Support Thread

Now that Filmation rights are secured, who would be interested in a Filmation Mer-Man variant, or at least a head (original MOTUC Mer-Man body and armour is awesome). The head could be packed in as an accessory to somebody if Mattel is still not open to a head pack.

Awesome idea. I say pack the head with Stinkor (unless Odiphus is coming w/the stinky one).

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    NO!! Just because Mattel got Filmation rights does not mean we need every little detail released like Filmation stuff. We already have Merman, giving us a Filmation head would be a waste.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    NO!! Just because Mattel got Filmation rights does not mean we need every little detail released like Filmation stuff. We already have Merman, giving us a Filmation head would be a waste.
    I totally disagree. There is always room for more Filmation! A Filmation Mer-Man would very cool! I hope they do this!
    2 Cor. 12:9 (KJV) "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmites, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

The Last Wielder of the Sword of Power

Faithful Member of Club Eternia

http://photobucket.com/LastEternian

As much as I love FILMation…I'd rather Mattel wait till later to revisit figures that have already been released to give them the FILMation treatment. Design-wise…what we have now is head and shoulders MUCH better than a FILMation Mer-Man would be anyway…unless the 4H add a lot of detail that's not there.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I would not be interested in this, personally.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now. I would love a special edition, one-off Filmation head pack.

Although Mattel dismissed the possibility of a head pack in the past, they should revisit the idea now that they have Filmation rights. However I would suspect that Filmation versions of characters might be good ways to "refresh" characters down the line and likely will be worked in some other way.

I have been saying this for a while... a Filmation head pack would rock! Mer-Man, would just be one of those that would be necessary. I know there are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar

Official Filmation Skeletor Support Thread !!!!

After all these years, We now have the chance of getting Filmation Skeletor ! This is the Skeletor I've been looking for years !!! Getting Filmation Accessories (I don’t think Its gonna happen) alone will NOT change MOTUC Skeletor into his Filmation counterpart. Infact, NONE of the Skeletor figures can be compared with this cocky, arrogant looking bone face !

So, brand new figure is what we need ! For this figure, it needs new tooling’s like, Baggy Hooded Head, Non Bracer human wrists, Loin Cloth, V shaped boots (Did any MOTUC figure get that ? I am not sure....) & that AWESOME Havoc Staff !! Much lesser tooling when you compare him with Demo-Man !!

Let us support him for his arrival in MOTUC !!

Honestly, I have no interest in Filmation versions of characters we already have or would have gotten before the rights acquisition. I like the MOTUC style and want Filmation characters to broaden the ranks, but not replace or even redo others.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I kind of like the classics version more. I'm not a fan of cartoon looking figures when I can get some better detailed figures.

When I was a kid, I wanted the Filmation figures to look more like the toys more than the other way around. Right now, I like the way the figures are getting made. The Filmation figures are getting the classics treatment.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...s/Skeletor.jpg

After all these years, We now have the chance of getting Filmation Skeletor ! This is the Skeletor I've been looking for years !!! Getting Filmation Accessories (I don’t think Its gonna happen) alone will NOT change MOTUC Skeletor into his Filmation counterpart. Infact, NONE of the Skeletor figures can be compared with this cocky, arrogant looking bone face !

So, brand new figure is what we need ! For this figure, it needs new tooling’s like, Baggy Hooded Head, Non Bracer human wrists, Loin Cloth, V shaped boots (Did any MOTUC figure get that ? I am not sure....) & that AWESOME Havoc Staff !! Much lesser tooling when you compare him with Demo-Man !!

Let us support him for his arrival in MOTUC !!

I'd LOVE a Filmation Skeletor. Wouldn't need to redo the legs for the boots... they'd be the same as Keldor's.

a Special Filmation He-Man vs Filmation Skeletor would be a cool 2 pack to have as a non-sub item for 2012!
    He-Man Similar to the vsDC 2 pack in Filmation colors (New Hairpiece)
    Skeletor using the Keldor Boots and his skin in a slightly brighter blue. (New Hood)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.