Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    Perhaps Filmation Clawful could be the result of the 200x Serpents ring, much like Man-At-Arms (Awaits the collective groan)
    I'd say it's there in MotUC Clawful's bio: "Under a spell cast by Evil-Lyn, Clawful's dull wits were enhanced turning him into a keen warrior and strategist"

That's Clawful's Filmation characterisation. Just say that when she did that, she mutated his body as well as his brain to match Filmation.

Would rather see the toy version of Tung Lashor 100,000,000 times over the lame Filmation version.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Four variants a year. Better to have virtually unaltered Evil-Lyn repaints, unlimited He-Man/Skeletor variants, or to have some variety in the variants? I say the latter.

ok if its one of the variant figures id be down, I was just going by what Mattel said with us getting 2-3 filmation figures a year
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Starting January 2012, you are automatically shipped the Club Eternia Monthly Figure every month for a total of twelve months (January through December). For 2012, you will also be shipped four beast figures or multi-packs and four character variant figures at various intervals throughout the year.
    So...?

That doesn't change the fact I don't want those variants. I'd rather the variants be for things I would actually enjoy owning. Purely my own opinion of course, which is what the original poster is soliciting.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrett View Post
    Would rather see the toy version of Tung Lashor 100,000,000 times over the lame Filmation version.
    And I'd rather see the MYP version of Tung Lashor over BOTH of those versions.

I don't have a problem with fans wanting Filmation variants. Hell, the MYP/200X Nation™ want MYP versions of The General and Roboto, so I completely understand where the Filmation Posse™ is coming from.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    ok if its one of the variant figures id be down, I was just going by what Mattel said with us getting 2-3 filmation figures a year
    Toyguru said in Pixel Dan's SDCC video, when discussing Swiftwind, that they'd reread the contracts recently and discovered they didn't actually NEED the Filmation rights to do Filmation versions of characters they already owned, which is why they went for the Filmation Swiftwind (sculpted before the licensing deal was signed.)

As such, I expect the "2-3 a year" only to cover only the characters they're licensing from Classic Media - i.e., Shadow Weaver, Scorpia, Shokoti, Kittrina, Sea Hawk, Masque and so forth - rather than the variants of Mattel-owned characters.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    So...?

That doesn't change the fact I don't want those variants. I'd rather the variants be for things I would actually enjoy owning. Purely my own opinion of course, which is what the original poster is soliciting.
    There seemed to be a "I'd rather new characters than variants" thing starting. Which is fine as a general position, but silly in the context of a line which has four variants a year locked in to start with.

Heroic Warrior
    This was my favorite version of Clawful (my favorite character), and it has everything to do with his Reptilian/Dragon-like head. I've always been a sucker for Lizard-like characters, probably was what I always thought as a kid? What's funny is I can't stand watching the Filmation show at all now, but I would love this version (with a pack in "modern" head please )

Heroic Warrior
    I usually want everything, but this one gets a rousing heck no! If this version gets a figure, he better be the very last one after we get whoever Julie's friend was from the Fried Chicken shack.

Pop-cycle Lizzard FTW!

Give him some texture and another name, sure. I'll take a new characer. As for Tung Lashor, no, I want the vintage look with some 200x sprinkled on top.

Snappy Threader
    I will be happy to see him no matter what version comes first. One of my all time favorites.

[UltCap] "DO YOU THINK THIS BAT STANDS FOR HSSS?! [/UltCap]

lmao

My brain must have been on auto pilot after staring at that WSOD for 20 minutes this morning. I hope Hordak doesn't find out about my slip up or it will be a trip down the trap door for sure!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I'd say it's there in MotUC Clawful's bio: "Under a spell cast by Evil-Lyn, Clawful's dull wits were enhanced turning him into a keen warrior and strategist"

That's Clawful's Filmation characterisation. Just say that when she did that, she mutated his body as well as his brain to match Filmation.
    Doesn't make much sense though. I make you smarte but that awesome huge claw you have... well we'll get rid of that and giv you a smaller normal claw. Kinda counter productive
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

[UltCap] "DO YOU THINK THIS BAT STANDS FOR HSSS?! [/UltCap]

One way to reconcile the multiple Snake Men from vintage, MYP and Filmation is that maybe the Snake Men names are titles. So there can be multiple guys who have owned those names over the centuries. Perhaps multiple Rattlesnake-clan snake men vie for the position of "Rattlor" after the last guy perished. Or the rare breed of Snake Men with the toungue lashing trait try out to be the next "Tung Lashor".

For example, maybe the MYP Rattlor was a great ancient day general and the vintage Rattlor who doesn't measure up replaced him...or the vintage Tung Lashor is the replacement for the Filmation Horde version and wants to see him dead for dishonoring the "Tung Lashor" name by working for Hordak?

This is one case where I definitely prefer the vintage toy version over the Filmation version. I wouldn't be against seeing a Filmation Tung Lashor some day as a bonus reptilian Horde member, but I prefer Tung Lashor to be a salamander-looking Snake Man.

Doesn't make much sense though. I make you smarte but that awesome huge claw you have... well we'll get rid of that and giv you a smaller normal claw. Kinda counter productive
    Oh, I don't know...can you imagine trying to go to the bathroom with that thing? One bad SNAP and Clawful becomes Clawdia.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I loved filmation Clawful. He is the only decent representation (personality wise) Clawful ever had, was one of the best Evil Warriors. I think he looks pretty cool too and would love this varient even more than a 200X version

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One way to reconcile the multiple Snake Men from vintage, MYP and Filmation is that maybe the Snake Men names are titles. So there can be multiple guys who have owned those names over the centuries. Perhaps multiple Rattlesnake-clan snake men vie for the position of "Rattlor" after the last guy perished. Or the rare breed of Snake Men with the toungue lashing trait try out to be the next "Tung Lashor".

For example, maybe the MYP Rattlor was a great ancient day general and the vintage Rattlor who doesn't measure up replaced him...or the vintage Tung Lashor is the replacement for the Filmation Horde version and wants to see him dead for dishonoring the "Tung Lashor" name by working for Hordak?
    I like this idea. Especially the Tung Lashor parts, seems fitting.
    Does Galactus fart?

Nay.
    Toy version is MUCH better.

Nah, I think Filmation figures should be limited to a select few characters that are unique to Filmation like Shokoti, Scorpia, Octavia, etc.
    This is a very good point! People want too many obscure figures from Filmation. While in disagreement, their dilemma is understandable. Many people want to see this line continue because it serves as a means to get all the characters that appealed to them in any facet of the MOTUC universe. For example, I would like Garn (Native American appearance with a Mohawk — http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/5844/garn.jpg and http://imageshack.us/f/66/mslave0910.jpg/). His chances are slim, so realization is this figure's chance of obtaining a figure form is very low. Acceptance of this notion is necessary.

While it would be nice if everyone got what they wanted, these lesser known characters from Filmation, 200x and the mini-comics should only be made if their is an over pour of fan demand over the last decades.

Granamyr and Shadow Weaver are prime examples of figures many, many people have wanted for years, and they have appeared often in several versions of the MOTUC outlets.

(Side: Perhaps what a another He-Man.org-er wrote, "a two episode appearance" is the consideration for any figure to be considered for figuredom. Of course, I do not know if this applies to mini-comics/comics and another non-television products.)
    Last edited by Alexxandar; August 1, 2011 at 09:54pm.

Not if you're the guy with the big claw and you're suddenly smart enough to do things involving a modicum of dexterity with both claws!

It's been so long since I watched the series, I'd forgotten what he looked like. I wonder what exactly they were going for here? I'd buy it because now that I've started, I'm compelled to collect them all, but I prefer the one we already have.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxandar View Post
    Side: Perhaps what a another He-Man.org-er wrote, "a two episode appearance" is the consideration for any figure to be considered for figuredom.
    That would exclude such demanded characters from the He-Man series as Strongarm, Icer, Lord Masque, Kittrina, Batros and arguably even Shokoti - there's a carving of her face in HoS pt 1, but she doesn't turn up until pt 2. (This is less the case with the She-Ra series, since there are so many important characters that were never made, but there's still a few)

Besides, it's not as if Carnivus was a major MYP character - he appeared in more than one ep, true, but never got a huge focus in any of them... - and HE still got made!

Nah, I think Filmation figures should be limited to a select few characters that are unique to Filmation like Shokoti, Scorpia, Octavia, etc.
    I agree. I think the Filmation Rights are good for the most desired figures: Scorpia, Octavia, Imp, Madame Razz/Broom, Sea Hawk, Kittrina, Lizard Man, Shokoti, Masque, Icer, Strong Arm, Fang Man, Dylamug. Arguably Hunga and Batros too. Characters that fans have long since wanted and campaigned for, not the unmemorable one-hit wonder monster or villain of the episode OR the daily victim that needs help.

Characters that have figures or a 200X version I really would not want the Filmation version of like Count Marzo, Evil Seed, Clawful or Tung Lashor.
    Unfortunately, I don't agree here. There are fans of the Filmation versions of the characters just like there are fans of the MYP/200X versions of those characters. I think that non-sub bonus figures would be the route to go with characters such as this, so they aren't offered to fans who are already satisfied with the 80's toyline versions that they already have.

Yep, I'd like to see the Filmation version. (Horde TL)

I'd also like to see the vintage-toy version. (Standard TL)

I'd also like to see the 200X version. (Battleground TL)

The more Tung Lashor's the better!

I'd like to have one.

I like the idea of this being his new smarter, evolved body like in the bio

Filmation really butchered Tung Lashor's design - not only does he not look anything like the awesome vintage figure, but they made him ridiculously boring! I have very little interest in this - Filmation rights should be used to give us figures of characters we've never had as toys before.