Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

I'd pass on Filmation TL.

If they want to do a variant of him I'd rather have a 200x variant.

This guy is a perfect example of what I hated so much about Filmation as a kid - his design doesn't look anything like the toy. It's a half-assed, lazy version that I have no interest in. I hope his fans get this variant to make them happy, but keep it outside the sub.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This guy is a perfect example of what I hated so much about Filmation as a kid - his design doesn't look anything like the toy. It's a half-assed, lazy version that I have no interest in. I hope his fans get this variant to make them happy, but keep it outside the sub.
    What's funny is I remember the Filmation version before seeing the toy, and was why I wanted him so badly. Did he first show up in the cartoon or as a figure?

Am I the only one interested in getting a FILMATION 2 pack He-man/Skeletor?

Hi guys,

I am just curious if anyone out there is also interested in getting a Filmation accurate He-man and Skeletor 2 pack?? I know we have a Classicized He-man and Skeletor but I really really like how they looked in the Filmation cartoons! I am dying to get that version since I was a kid! It can be offered as a bonus and not take any slots in the current line. Better yet, it can be offered as a Toys R Us exclusive or something so that it will be accessible! Anyone??
    Last edited by skully; August 3, 2011 at 01:17pm.

Absolutely not, I would buy one in a second. For He-Man, I would like a cartoon accurate Power Sword to match Adora's that we already have, with a sheath on his back to put it in. For Skeletor, I would like him to have a cartoon accurate Havoc Staff and axe with magic ball on top. Really, for both you can reuse the exisitng MOTUC bodys and just different heads, maybe retooled armour for Skeletor to make a complete hood, much like Pretrenia Disguised He-Man's.

OT sorta, I love the MOTUC body and armour to Mer-Man, but I hate both heads, especially the comic book head. I would like an accurate Filmation head to go on his body.

Heroic Warrior
    New heads are okay, like the Alcala head...

Figures are super expensive for me... and yet I already have 3 He-man figures! (one regular complete, an incomplete toys r us, and a complete toys are us), I'm a sucker for He-man, I'd buy first mini comic colors He-man if they made it, I'd get 200x and filmation too, in a heart beat.

Mind you, a He-man I'm not interested in is na, big pass for me. Kind of ironic if you think about it.
    When it comes to She-ra Princess of Power characters, FILMATION is the way to go!.

Heroic Warrior
    I would pass.

If they had new heads and if Skelly had his boots with no toes, Id be down for a 2 pack

edit: also a filmation havoc staff would rock
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy it.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Nah.
    Nope.
    Nein.
    Nyet.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Count me in. Seems like an easy thing for Mattel to do. Couple of new heads, a sword sheath for He-man, boots for Skeletor. And yet Mattel will find a way to screw it up I'm sure

Heroic Warrior Woodland Warrior's Avatar
    The Enchanted Forests of Ancient Edinburgh
    I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
    Whilst they are at it Mattel could get Emilliano to do the box art. That would be sweet.
    Neutral Forest Spirit

Not interested in having this take up a monthly slot. Now, if it was a 2012 SDCC bonus exclusive, a la Mo-Larr? Sure, why not?

My favorite interpretation of Skeletor's head would be Filmation and Alkala a close second. It would be so awesome to get that head plus the boots and a Filmation havoc staff!

As for He-man, a new Filmation head + sword sheeth + new gauntlets perhaps? That would be so cool!

I'm in, AS LONG AS SKELETOR HAS BOOTS

Snappy Threader
    If they added something to it like Skeletor's Dragon Blaster dragon, or Terror Claws and armor, or wolf armor or something like that then yeah maybe I would bite. Just as a repaint, prob not.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd probably buy several just for the full hooded Skeletor head. I HATE the way the current head is... I ended up spending lost of dough just for extra Keldor cloaks to complete the look better.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    If they added something to it like Skeletor's Dragon Blaster dragon, or Terror Claws and armor, or wolf armor or something like that then yeah maybe I would bite. Just as a repaint, prob not.
    I am not talking about a repaint. My wish would be to have a Filmation accurate Skeletor complete with filmation head, boots and a filmation havoc staff. =)

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i would only buy a skeletor & hordak filmation style head.

We got "Austin Powers" Skeletor shoehorned in as an accessory. I can't have a Filmation head He-Man at some point? C'mon....!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I'm all for Filmation He-Man and Skeletor!
    View my collection and customs HERE!

HD figures on youtube
    I like pre-Filmation He-Man better, so I'm ok with him. But I LOVE Filmation Skeletor! I would buy him in a heartbeat, even if it's just the Skeletor we already have, with a new Filmation head.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Yes I would buy a two pack like this. In fact I would buy at least two of them.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Maybe not whole figures, but I would absolutely love to get a Filmation Skeletor head sculpt with the narrower eyes and a moveable jaw so he can laugh at the good guys.