Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

No No No NO NO NO!

Please, I really do NOT want Filmation variants taking up the quarterly slots in MOTUC. The ONLY and I mean ONLY one I could see making me happy would be the blue Filmation Hordak, and mostly because I think the color scheme works better for him in the cartoon than the grey skin tone, and his armor is quite different in the cartoon (with no cape! A better look IMO) than what we get with any of his toy/staction versions.
    But I don't want to see Filmation He-Man, Skeletor, Randor, Adam, Teela, ad nauseum.
    There are just TOO many characters and figures to get to now with Filmation rights (I keep saying that over and over) for them to waste time and our money on stuff like "Here's He-Man with slightly different colored armor and bracers featuring less detail than the toy!).
    I want Shokoti before I want Filmation Evil-Lyn, Icer before Pajama Man Randor, etc etc etc.
    I also want things like Filmation weapons, artifacts, and accessories, but these could easily be offered in a newly tooled Weapons Pak at a higher price point than previous packs, instead of being tossed in as extras with a pink-vested Prince Adam.

Filmation Version of Multibot in MOTUC

Is anybody intreasted in seeing this varient come to plastic life. Along with clawful and tung lashor, these varients are so different in design, that you could literally create new charactersout of them, just as zodak and zodac, goddess and teela, wundar and ool ar and heman.

Heroic Warrior
    No, sorry. The vintage version of MultiBot was much better.

Plus, Toyguru said very clearly that there wouldn't be Filmation variants (so, no Filmation He-Man, FIlmation Teela, Filmation Beast Man etc.).

I

WOULD LOVE A FILMATION MULTI-BOT.

AS I HAVE SAID IN MANY PREVIOUS TOPICS M-BOT IS MY ABSOLUTE FAV HORDE GUY AFTER LEECH.

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE & WISH FOR A MOTUC MULTI-BOT IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Last edited by The Villain; August 20, 2011 at 03:36pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I prefer the vintage toy version/colors, but I wouldn't be opposed to a Fillamation one.

The extra parts and pieces would make an even crazier Multi-Bot. (that is if they go that route which I doubt).
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I think the vintage toy version looks far better - although I don't dislike the cartoon version. I prefer the red/green/black colours.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    I prefer Filmation version with a touch of the 4H magic.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    No thanks!

Water-downed versions of GREAT action figures are highly UNACCEPTABLE!

I like Clawful the way he is. He's more menacing in the toy look than the toon form!

Tung Lashor's figure form is more unique than the patch-up work from the series. Looks like it was put on the last minute and totally bland, colorwise.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

This is one instance where I prefer the toy version. Maybe it's the gay in me but the cartoon version looks like they're having fun lol
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Filmation Multibot isn't were created by Filmation but from Ted Mayer... his design was adapted to the cartoon in according on Mattel's design, as Tung Lashor then changed the toy version before production by Mattel itself but the cartoon was already done....

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

________
    / | \\___
    /........|-.... |...... o\
    (@)-----------(@)-

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I didn't know that AlessandraF. Weird.

I prefer the toy design, but wouldn't mind also getting the Filmation design with the details of that drawing. After all, robots are cool and both look quite different.

Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Precisely why Multibot should be the SDCC2012 exclusive. All parts are the same except:

Mattycollector version: original toy colors, design, and original toy heads.

SDCC2012 version: original toy design, repainted in Filmation-colors, Filmation-style exclusive heads (detailed in the special way the 4H can as not to look plain).

Imagining buying both and THEN mixing and matching? The playability options are endless!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The toy design was way better.

I do think we'll be seeing Modulok and Multibot a lot sooner than later and they will be based on the toys. They both will have a take apart feature and you will be able to combine them both.

This Filmation fetish has to get toned down. It's getting out of hand.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Precisely why Multibot should be the SDCC2012 exclusive. All parts are the same except:

SDCC2012 version: original toy design, repainted in Filmation-colors, Filmation-style exclusive heads (detailed in the special way the 4H can as not to look plain).

Imagining buying both and THEN mixing and matching? The playability options are endless!
    THAT would be AWESOME!!

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    The toy design was way better.

I do think we'll be seeing Modulok and Multibot a lot sooner than later and they will be based on the toys. They both will have a take apart feature and you will be able to combine them both.

This Filmation fetish has to get toned down. It's getting out of hand.
    Easy boy, we never had offended anyone!
    I prefer much more Ted's design, not Filmation nor toy... the toy is horrible IMHO!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

________
    / | \\___
    /........|-.... |...... o\
    (@)-----------(@)-

There is little doubt that the MOTUC version will be designed after the toy.

But dammit, they should make a Ted Mayer prototype just for AlessandraF and ship it to her!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    There is little doubt that the MOTUC version will be designed after the toy.

But dammit, they should make a Ted Mayer prototype just for AlessandraF and ship it to her!
    ...I would take one as well. *raises hand*

Toy design all the way for me please.

I loved the toy as a kid, but looking at Ted's drawing and the toy now, I think I would prefer Ted's original version over the toy. But I'll be happy just to get a Multi-Bot period.
    END OF LINE

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post

That wold be neat-o!

Still, I agree with Bskcase, the Filmation Versions stuff is rampant. I'm all for new characters coming from Filmation (given the 4HM treatment, of course) but I don't want a bunch of roomy retreads.

Jun-Yor's idea is tops though!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Uhmmm, design-wise I prefer the toy version.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

It's time to rally! Let's make 2015 happen!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I prefer much more Ted's design, not Filmation nor toy... the toy is horrible IMHO!
    This!! I agree the toy is horrible imho. I would love that design, it has all the elements I love of the toon and toy

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    I absolutely do not mind getting characters from Filmation but as far as Multibot goes: for me, no Filmation inspired toy. I like the vintage toy, so an update from the 4H would do just fine. I really love Ted's design, so if we would ever get a Multi-Bot and it would be an update of the vintage toy + some 'Ted extra's' I would be most pleased!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Agostinho View Post
    THAT would be AWESOME!!
    Count me in with this idea too.

Cartoon colours & heads much preferred.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Considering that entire toy is interchangeable, having both versions would be doubly-awesome!