Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: MotUC Filmation variants

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Gimme a Ted Mayer MultiBot! Pronto!

Multi-Bot was characterised so brilliantly in Black Snow - in A Christmas Special and Horde Prime Takes A Holiday, he was just a generic robot, but Larry DiTillio gave him a personality which really makes him stand out. If you haven't seen it (or haven't seen in in a while), dig it out! Yes, he was goofy but try to look at it for what it's meant to be - camp and funny. Heck, if nothing else it might make you appreciate Filmation Modulok a bit more...

I never liked the toy Multi-Bot. He just looked a bit stupid to me. Filmation Multi-Bot looks stupid, which is why his personality works...

With MOTUC, we already have characters with removable heads, torsos and arms, so I think releasing all parts of Multi-Bot would work brilliantly (ie, include four heads like the Palace Guards and all relevant arm and body pieces).

Scott keeps reminding us that MOTUC is supposed to be the ultimate MOTU line, so I think this'll happen. I think we'll see both, released some way together.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I dont not want filmation varients of all characters ever created, What I do want is a classicized versions of characters that appeared in filmation cartoon, that look absolutely nothing like they did when their figures were created. I really think that those are the best varients, not these slight differences that differeniate filmation skelator from toy skelator, they are practically the same figure. Whats cool about having these as varients is that they can become all new characters, or when you put them in an all out battle scene, it doesnt look like you have 2 evillyns out there. And those characters that fit that description are as follows

Tung Lashor
    Clawful
    Multibot

These 3 done "classicizied" would look awesome side by side with their toy counterparts and are varients that I would be totally excited about coming, not all these battleground characters, with their slight costume changes and recolorings. This line is really about expandings the characters that we already have and with the filmation rights thats exactly what we are going to get. I am really excited about the line, and if we have to get varients then these are awesome ones to look forward to.

Widget
    Back in the 80's I hated that Man-At-Arms, Orko, Evil-Lyn and Skeletor didn't look like the toon to me. For some like EL, the difference was huge but for others like MAA he was just the missing moustache! I even remember drawing a moustache on MAA with my Sister's school pens! When Man-At-Arms came along in the Classics line he was perfect. That is to say I don't want pure Filmation designs, just a suggestion of the design elements that I felt were missing first time round.

I have happily ticked off MAA and Orko from my mental wants and contrary to some members views on her, BG Evil-Lyn is gonna do nicely as my Filmation/non yellow version. I'm just missing a proper hooded Skelly

Heroic Warrior
    Well, now we have a Filmation Sub, and there's the possibility of a 12 figure sub next year. I think the 12 figure sub would be a perfect spot for some variants, like Mer-Man, Trap Jaw, and Evil Lyn! I really really want those versions before the line ends, which hopefully won't be for quite a while. It seems like it's still got plenty of gas in its tank.

My biggest problem with the classic Line (yes i might be alone)

ok so cant we all agre that 90% of us feel in love with he-man with the filmation cartoon?
    so why in the blue hell cant we get flimation versions of the figures ?
    its been 5 years and we still dont have filmation versions of
    He-man
    teela
    Prince adam
    mer-man
    Stratos
    trapjaw
    evil lynn
    hordak
    and many more
    and yes we did get filmation versions of
    king randor
    Cringer
    Quenn Marlena
    Swift Wind
    and more
    but insted we get some worthless figures
    Castle Grayskull man
    Dekker
    Cy-Chop
    Sir laser lot
    Snake man at arms
    Mighty Spector
    Slushhead
    Draego-Man
    Fearless Photog
    Star Sisters
    Demo-Man
    Icarius
    Gygor
    Chief carnivus
    Mo-Larr & skeletor (Im sorry but IMO this was a waste)
    and Yet we still need any version of
    Horde troppers
    Glimmer
    Kowl (yes KOWL)
    Madame Razz broom
    Queen Angella
    sea hawk
    sweet bee
    Scorpia
    Dragstor
    Saurod
    blade
    Two-Bad
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitchyba...ow=grid&view=0 my youtube chanel with my he-man collection please take a look and subscribe always updating my motu

Quote Originally Posted by mitchybabysc View Post
    Castle Grayskull man
    Dekker
    Cy-Chop
    Sir laser lot
    Snake man at arms
    Mighty Spector
    Slushhead
    Draego-Man
    Fearless Photog
    Star Sisters
    Demo-Man
    Icarius
    Gygor
    Chief carnivus
    Worthless, huh? You're going to win the crowd over to your side on this one!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

forgot one more figure we did not need fang man (one epsiode with 2 mins of screen time what a waste)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitchyba...ow=grid&view=0 my youtube chanel with my he-man collection please take a look and subscribe always updating my motu

Yeah, I think you are alone. At least in the narrow way you view it. Not to mention the fact that your wants are highly unrealistic. Do you really, honestly think they should make Filmation versions of all those characters you listed?

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Yeah, I think you are alone. At least in the narrow way you view it. Not to mention the fact that your wants are highly unrealistic. Do you really, honestly think they should make Filmation versions of all those characters you listed?
    yes i do think so

I could care less about Filmation versions of most figures. I grew up with the classic toys and that is what I want now. I also love adding new stuff to my collection...like Fang Man, CGM, Icarius etc.

Everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes. That is why coming up with "the most demanded" figures for the sub is such a challenge some days.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    its been 5 years and we still dont have filmation versions
    Well they have only had the rights to do Filmation Figures for What a little over a Year now. Even if they did make a Filmation He-Man and Skeletor Etc. I would not buy them because they are getting way to costly to Rebuy these figures..MY guess is the will make those at some point though, Maybe during a movie year..

Well, the Masters of the Universe Classics line was made to update the original toy line, not necessarily to create Filmation versions of the characters. Mattel/ToyGuru/4H knew that MOTU did not simply consist of the vintage toy line, but rather tons of content including the Filmation cartoon, the 200X cartoon, and of course, the tons of material in comics and print media.

Since Mattel and Co wanted the line to have mass appeal across all that content, the best thing was to keep the original line's intent (to update the vintage toys), and to add little nods to the other content. This is what Masters of the Universe Classics is all about. It's sort of like its own entity drawing from across the spectrum of MOTU content.

Star Sisters worthless? They showed up on the She-Ra Cartoon and not the toys... Fang Man too? but you want Filmation stuff? This confuses me.

As much as I like watching the Filmation cartoon and I'd love SOME Filmation versions of some characters. right now it would KILL the line if Mattel starts to churn out filmation variants. There's plenty of important characters that NEED to be made into toys before we start worrying about too many variants.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

As a kid, I was into the toy line well before the cartoon.

That said, I would like Filmation versions of a lot of characters.

AND I would like lots of NEW characters like Draego-Man!

Sounds to me your problem isn't with classics its more the you wish you had a separate line that was filmation based (think JLU compared to DC classics )

Heroic Warrior
    yes i do think so
    Maybe since you don't like what we've gotten you should customize your own less detailed Filmation versions of the figures? I really don't have much use for less detailed versions of characters we've already gotten. And I like the variety of the figures that have been made, getting new figures never before done is definitely a highlight of this line for me.

I remember getting excited finding out there was going to be cartoon that went along with the figures I already had.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Court Magician
    What differences would there be in a filmation version of Prince Adam vs Motuc ??

ok so cant we all agre that 90% of us feel in love with he-man with the filmation cartoon?
    so why in the blue hell cant we get flimation versions of the figures ?
    its been 5 years and we still dont have filmation versions of
    He-man
    teela
    Prince adam
    mer-man
    Stratos
    trapjaw
    evil lynn
    hordak
    and many more
    and yes we did get filmation versions of
    king randor
    Cringer
    Quenn Marlena
    Swift Wind
    and more
    Castle Grayskull man
    Dekker
    Cy-Chop
    Sir laser lot
    Snake man at arms
    Mighty Spector
    Slushhead
    Draego-Man
    Fearless Photog
    Star Sisters
    Demo-Man
    Icarius
    Gygor
    Chief carnivus
    and Yet we still need any version of
    Horde troppers
    Glimmer
    Kowl (yes KOWL)
    Madame Razz broom
    Queen Angella
    sea hawk
    sweet bee
    Scorpia
    Dragstor
    Saurod
    blade
    Two-Bad
    I am with you on the need for Dragstor, Two-Bad & Seahawk....but I for one love Dreago, Demo, SMAA (with a Duncan head) & like Grayskullman....so it's hard to be with you completely....

I am all for Filmation Hordak, & Clawful....but, likely but crappily, we'll never get them. That said, I do have my Filmation Hordak Custom 2.0 I am still tinkering with, and Clawful is in the works....I also made my own Filmation MAA....so, I am happy with the outcome on him and Hordak. If we never get them, at least I have my own.

As far as Mer-Man, Skeletor & He-Man....I'll be happy with heads for the original versions, especially Mer-Man & Skeletor, but Mer-Man does need 5 fingered hands....I hate the 3 fingered ones, so much, I made my own regular hands from extra Khan hands.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Filmation Hordak is the number #1 wanted Filmation variant, with Teela being #2 (but Mattel doesn't want to make her because she's too similar to regular Teela). I also think a Filmation He-Man vs Filmation Skeletor two pack would do gangbusters with casual fans if it were an additional SDCC exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by affleck13 View Post
    What differences would there be in a filmation version of Prince Adam vs Motuc ??
    Lighter pastel colors like in the show. Adam might come with his sword holder on his back and come carded for the MOC collectors and bio fans.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; March 28, 2013 at 11:03pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Yup...I have just so very little interest in Filmation versions of ghataxters we already had access to. I could get behind a Filmation repaint of Hurricane Hordak, especially if he came with a transformation or two and Imp on a few of his forms. Other than that, just bring on figures of characters like Melaktha, Razz, Broom, Seahawk, Lord Masque, Lizard Man, Red Knight, Dylamug, Sunder, Strongarm, Montork, Dree Elle, Yukkers, Huntara, Vultak, and Scorpia!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still jonesing for a Filmation Evil Lyn and Trap Jaw(with energy bow).

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Filmation Hordak is the number #1 wanted Filmation variant, with Teela being #2 (but Mattel doesn't want to make her because she's too similar to regular Teela). I also think a Filmation He-Man vs Filmation Skeletor two pack would do gangbusters with casual fans if it were an additional SDCC exclusive.
    I would buy that 2 pack, with a pack in Filmation Power Sword, Skeletor orb axe. And do a Hordak & Clawful with a pack in Imp and a Mer-Man head, one as a second.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Well, my only advice would be to show your support for Filmation-based figures by buying the Filmation Mini-Subscription....

but don't hate on all the awesome figures that we have been given through the life of this line. Everyone has different tastes, so reexamine your position on some of these great figures - especially Fang Man!!! (Awesome sauce!!!)

One of my all-time most wanted figures is a Filmation accurate He-Man.... I have made my own, of course I would still love an official Matty version!

And, speaking of Filmation, I cannot wait for the Pop Culture Shock He-Man statue to be shown!!! (This is supposed to be a -slightly- more detailed version of his Filmation appearance! )
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!