Thread: Buzz-Off is July 2011 Re-issue!

Buzz-Off is July 2011 Re-issue!

Listed on Mattycollector's 7/15 Sale Newslink, Buzz-Off is July's re-issue.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

Seriously? A mere 7 months after his first release, and still no Teela re-release announced yet? I really start leaning towards those who say that Mattel produced 1st and 2nd releases of all 2010 figures in a row.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Or is it just left over stock from the first issue . . .
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Reilly View Post
    Seriously? A mere 7 months after his first release, and still no Teela re-release announced yet? I really start leaning towards those who say that Mattel produced 1st and 2nd releases of all 2010 figures in a row.
    I've been sticking to that all along. Hence all the originals showing up still. Cause if it was that easy to pop out a re-release surely Teela would be the first choice.

Heroic Warrior
    and still no Teela re-release announced yet

I guess Mattel will counter this argument saying "We re-released Teela with the Battleground Teela figure". But this is not what the fans want: they want a re-release of the original Teela.

I wonder who will be the figures to be reissued until the end of the year... It's important, because those will be the LAST figures to be re-released, actually (except maybe some A-list characters re-releases).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    I've been sticking to that all along. Hence all the originals showing up still. Cause if it was that easy to pop out a re-release surely Teela would be the first choice.
    But it IS that easy. All they have to do is "flip a switch," as we've heard many times before. So why don't they just flip the switch?

Seriously, Buzz-Off? So soon? How many people missed out on him? I'd bet more people are missing Randor, Tri-Klops, and Teela than are missing Buzz-off. I'm guessing they are holding off on a Teela until the new female buck is ready.

Do you think they are holding off on a Teela re-release so they can make some changes to her like a softer dress?

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Buzz off was even in the mystery packs mattel just sent out...now I have two!
    My MOTUC top wants (POST NYCC 2014):

Filmation:Twiggets - Red Knight - Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Dylamug - Vultak - Enchantress - Kothos - General Tataran - Evil Seed (Filmation artichoke) - Masque - Sybiline (with a pack-in Gorgon) - Melaktha
    Others: Despara - toy version of Catra - Veena - Master Sebrian - Drissi - Caz - Andros - Sorceress (NA comics version)- Kex Queen - Lodar

How many leftover Buzz-Offs did Matty have that they just sent out a ton of him in the Mystery Packs and now he's also being reissued? GEEZ.

Where are the Tri-Klops, Teela or Scareglow Reissues? Heck even Randor should be worthy of Reissue now that Mrs. Randor is coming...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by jibernish View Post
    But it IS that easy. All they have to do is "flip a switch," as we've heard many times before. So why don't they just flip the switch?
    Might have something to do with it not being as easy as "flipping a switch". Can't buy everything that has been said in regards to this line...

Consider this. When we were told that King Hiss would be re-issued with the same incorrect shoulders, just like Roboto, it gives more credibility that these were already produced and it's just what Mattel HAD to say in order to sell them again down the road. Remember how upset all the guys working on the line were when they noticed that Hiss was incorrect as well? Seems a little hard to believe that they wouldn't do all they could to make sure a re-release was corrected. Even if it meant taking up some nonsense slot for a different figure. (which I don't really buy for something as necessary as fixing something that is defective)

I think there have been very few figures that were actually done again in a second run. He-man and Skeletor are obvious. But I think all the later releases had X units made for the initial release, then a smaller amount made at the same time with the reissue bubble added. I'm sure it's WAAAYY cheaper for Mattel to make the figures this way. No doubt the second time a figure would be sold it would sell less than its original release. For all we know, if a standard figure sells 10,000 on its release, the release might only sell a thousand depending on the figure. figures are cheaper the more that are made. So I'd have to guess that's why Tri-Klops hasn't had a second run yet. Takes time at the factory and costs more to make a few thousand, or less, of something. Same goes for Teela, though she would surely sell a lot for a re-release. She will eventually get one I'd imagine.

But trust me, if it was as easy as flipping a switch, Teela would already have been re-released. It's not, so she isn't and instead that's why we keep seeing figures that just came out being re-released so soon. She wasn't made with a re-release in mind, so it's taking a while to get back to her.

I don't know if it's hard to actually make a second run or not, but it certainly isn't happening with a lot of figures that ought to be made with corrections. I'm not giving time to anymore reissues until Teela (or the Goddess, unlikely as she is of getting re-released).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Do you think they are holding off on a Teela re-release so they can make some changes to her like a softer dress?

That's what "I" think...

They've got the new body worked out... and since He-man was 'worthy' of a SKU slot because he's so important to the line... I figure Teela is too.

The dress was too hard... the head was too bobbley.... there was numerous complaints about her... so I wouldn't be surprised if she's 're-released' a few months after She-ra 2.0

Heroic Warrior
    Damn. I was praying to the toy gods Tri-Klops would be re-released before Man-E-faces was.

My logic is they're rivals dude to the spinning head gimmick.

...what? I was six years old! it stuck!

But Buzz-Off is still a neat figure and if you don't have him get him!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Damn. I was praying to the toy gods Tri-Klops would be re-released before Man-E-faces was.

My logic is they're rivals dude to the spinning head gimmick.

...what? I was six years old! it stuck!

But Buzz-Off is still a neat figure and if you don't have him get him!
    I know what you mean. When I was first just getting into MOTU way back when, and before I knew who Tri-Klops was, somebody told me his name was "Man-E-Eyes" because of the comparison to the more recognizable Man-E-Faces. Funny enough "Man-E-Eyes" ended up being one of my very first MOTU figures (and coincidentily enough MOTUC as well) with that being his name until I finally saw him in the cartoon and realized his real name.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why is Buzz-Off being reissued so soon? We still need Teela, Zodak, Webstor, Tri-Klops, and Scareglow to come out first. How about a corrected Roboto?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Most Awesome! I missed Buzz-Off the first time so it's great to get a second chance.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

If they produce a second run at the same time they produce the first run, then they have to store the figures. And I think it was TG who said they don't like holding a lot of figures in storage. So that doesn't make sense to me.

BUT much of what Mattel says and does doesn't make sense to me. I'm done trying to figure things out with these guys. It just frustrates me.

All this secrecy they have bothers me. I don't see how much of this information, like how many of a figure is produced, needs to be kept secret. They have a monopoly on this market. Whatever....

i want a Randor and I don't think I'm going to get one.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice....Missed him the first time out.....Tri-Klops next please.

Mattel has only issued "reissues" of figures that lasted less than one day during their original sale... Research the times that individual figures lasted and you will see this pattern stick out like a sore thumb.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    We were in Disneyland for my Son's second birthday when Buzz-Off was on sale the first time around, so this is great for me! On the other hand, I don't have any money, so this is cruddy for me!

Although I desperately need a Teela, I'm glad she isn't this months' reissue, cuz I wouldn't be able to get her!
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Mattel has only issued "reissues" of figures that lasted less than one day during their original sale... Research the times that individual figures lasted and you will see this pattern stick out like a sore thumb.
    Stratos begs to differ... First time he lasted about 3 days and he was reissued AND had a third sale of CS Stock...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Yeah this is disappointing. I got into the game late and it was seven months ago. Guess what Masters of the Universe figure I got to start it off? Buzzoff. I am pretty bummed to see him rereleased so soon when just about anything else would have been more interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Stratos begs to differ... First time he lasted about 3 days and he was reissued AND had a third sale of CS Stock...
    The original six figures don't really count as the line had not totally taken off yet. Remember that He-Man & Beastman lasted six weeks the first time they were released.

Once the quick sell-outs began with Faker & MerMan, the no longer than one day rule applies

Remember that Zodak lasted 13 days and Mattel freaked out!

TriKlops, Webstor, Zodac, Zodak, Goddess, ScareGlow, King Randor, Teela, Chief Carnivus and BA He-Man all lasted more than 1 day and none have been reissued.

The non-2011 figures that lasted less than a day and have not been reissued are Optikk, Roboto and King Grayskull v2 (and Whiplash really).

The reason for the "reissue" slow-down is quite obvious... they are running out of "qualified" candidates that meet the formula!

Maybe I'll be proven wrong if the August reissue is one of the older figures, but I'm betting that the August reissue will be Roboto. I don't think Mattel has enough faith in Optikk for a reissue. We will already "faked out" on a Whiplash reissue and King Grayskull v2 is a reissue itself.
    I know that they say He-Ro/Orko are available for reissues, but I highly doubt Mattel will actually do this as they promote SDCC items as one time exclusives. Only exception might be a single carded Prince Adam.

If Mattel really wanted to give customers a shot at the older figures, they would have sold individual leftover CS stock instead of doing the Matty Mystery Boxes... although the MMBs allowed them to get rid of everything without the possibility of leftover unsold misc items.
    Last edited by Kowl; July 6, 2011 at 08:34pm.
    Kowl, the know it owl!
    Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ad.php?t=71871
    MOTUC MOC Want List: SDCC 2008 King Grayskull
    Vintage POP MOC Want List: Bubble Power She-Ra, Loo Kee, Spinnerella