Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 049 Discussion!

Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 049 Discussion!

Episode 049 of He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner is here!
    We hope you're hungry.

Val Staples, Danielle Gelehrter, "Pixel Dan" Eardley and Eamon O'Donoghue are back to discuss He-Man and She-Ra.

Over the course of the show the crew touches on topics such as
    Emiliano,
    He-Man.org SDCC Fan Get-Together,
    SDCC Cringer & Queen Marlena,
    SDCC Polly Pocket 3-pack,
    Power and Honor review: Laser Light Skeletor,
    and More Digital River disappointment.

MOTUC bios discussed in this show:
    (none)

MOTUC figures discussed in this show:
    (none)

Intro/Outro info:
    Song: Geek
    Album: Eatus
    Band: Itis
    Available to purchase on iTunes!
    ***Please support these Artists! Many are fans of MOTU and POP, and some are fans here in our community.

Plus, fellow He-Fan josh on the forums has created this fantastic Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations which contains a ton of info about the show, with all the info about the Fanart, Fansites and Collectibles of the week, along with links to sites and user profiles of interest, and also details on how to contact the show with your feedback. Be sure to check that out!

Another fan contribution are episode wallpapers and backgrounds, created by Georg Schwitters also know as THE_RAW on the forums. George is a freelance fine art and commercial illustrator who you can find out more about at www.myspace.com/georgschwitters

Also, don't forget the Roast Gooble Dinner iPhone App, which is great for organizing and downloading current and past episodes. Click here to get yours today!

And as always, you'll enjoy some extra seasoning with this episode's Fanart of the week, Collectible of the week and Fansite of the week!

So pull up your chair and fill up your plate! It's time to chow down on a tasty serving of fandom here on He-Man.org's Roast Gooble Dinner!

Runtime: 1 hour, 16 minutes, 14 seconds

Direct link for Episode 049

Subscription info:

Link to subscribe with iTunes
    or
    Direct link to RSS feed

Wow, Val, you're up late! (I know you're a few hours ahead of me.) You're posting RGD at midnight, Pacific Standard Time! Thanks for your dedication bro.

Gonna listen to it now before I crash out.
    I want my other half.

9 am in Germany. The perfect time for a goobly start into the day
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Say it aint so, Emilianooooo.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Oh man, he's gone again.

Great episode, but I am very sad to hear that Emiliano is leaving again. I always enjoyed his insights. I hope we'll hear more of him in the future.

But it's also nice to hear more of Danielle. She'll be a great regular.
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Man these things are great when I'm working all night!

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    No Way! Tell me its Not true that Emiliano is out!!! I will Listen to it After work in 5hours :-/

I'm sorry to hear about Emiliano, he's always so passionate and full of insight.

... not that I don't enjoy listening to Penny of course
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I believe the Polly Pocket figures are 3 3/4" inches tall. And yes, Polly Pocket is one of several core brands at Mattel. They even make webisodes. Imagine a POP episode.

http://www.pollypocket.com/videos/

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope Emiliano decides to return. The place isn't the same without him.

Put me down for an articulated Cringer.

Another great episode! Thanks!

Evil and sees Everything. Someone Else's Avatar
    Somewhere between Science and Superstition.
    It's a shame that Emiliano will no longer be participating in the dusicussions, but im sure he has good reason. And I wish him all the best. It was always nice to listen to such a well informed and rational voice which covered many aspects of Masters of the Universe.

But "the show goes on". And i think that these pod casts have really been picking up in terms of the quaility of the discussions during the past few episodes. Some of the guest presenters have been very informative and / or funny. It's become a very entertaining show to listen to, keep up the good work!

But, now that Emiliano has left [again], is it safe to say that Roast Gooble Dinner has "jumped the Shark"?
    Someone Elses Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RhythmShift

Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    ...is it safe to say that Roast Gooble Dinner has "jumped the Shark"?
    We do that with every episode.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Dang . . .

All due respect to every other participant, but Emiliano's exit really puts a damper on things for me.
    His comments and insight were absolutely one of the main draws for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still try my best to keep up with listening, but moving forward, I'll honestly be less and less interested unless there's a particularly strong interview guest.

Just bein' honest . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'll still try my best to keep up with listening, but moving forward, I'll honestly be less and less interested unless there's a particularly strong interview guest.
    It's all good. Ya like what ya like.
    Downloads have always been consistent episode to episode. So we'll still be there havin' fun on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    So we'll still be there havin' fun on the show.
    At the end of the day, that's what it's all about

Good luck and all the best to Emiliano and looking forward to hearing more from Penny Dreadful
    Last edited by MrRoboto; May 30, 2011 at 01:16pm.

Good luck to Emiliano.

Danielle adds a nice bit of witty-ness to the dynamic, I look forward to her regular status.

Marlena's green arms let me down at first, but they really have grown on me.
    I'm wondering if her Queen head will fit under the space helmet bubble as I am not a fan of the ponytail head.

Is Polly Pocket Frosta a foreshadowing of a remaining 2011 figure or perhaps the Glimmer on the back on the box art? Time will tell.

Dan, poor Dan, you should've gotten new toys for free, shipped to your new address.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

The point raised about Queen Marlenas arms is something that i also find slightly at odds with the figure. I dont mind the arms for the Queen version, but on the space adventurer version it looks silly for her not to have gloves on when wearing the space suit.

Why would someone go to the lengths of wearing a bubble helment and then venture out into the unknown worlds without kind of protective gloves? I think that aspect lets the figure down in a big way, because once i noticed that, i cant take the space suit seriously.

If it came to a choice between having proper swapple arms [or alternate hands would solve the problem so easily!] to make both looks seem more complete, than it would have been better to have a complete figure perhaps without the cringer. Rather than a 90% complete Marlena and an underwhelming cringer, which is what we are getting.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow these are coming out Fast and Furious now!!! Emiliano leaving is disappointing because of all his vast knowledge, but he seemed very frustrated on a past episode even musing about quitting the MOTUC line. The Queen Marlena packout does suck as most will definitely want the Queen version on card (as an MOC collector I want both, and I'll probably pickup the SDCC Queen version when I can). I also understand the want for a White Astronaut suit, but this version is interchangeable and I think is awesome and Green was the way to go. Not like the Astronaut look is close to an actual Astronaut suit anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by slackrguy View Post
    Marlena's green arms let me down at first, but they really have grown on me.
    I'm wondering if her Queen head will fit under the space helmet bubble as I am not a fan of the ponytail head.

Pretty sure the Head is glued into place on the base for the helmet with the "bubble" being removable. Guess you could "unglue" the head from the base and try it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    I dont mind the arms for the Queen version, but on the space adventurer version it looks silly for her not to have gloves on when wearing the space suit.
    For something like that, for me, it's just "suspension of belief."
    Which is hypocritical, as there are other things in MOTU I attempt to rationalize based on actual science.
    So, I feel ya.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    For something like that, for me, it's just "suspension of belief."
    Which is hypocritical, as there are other things in MOTU I attempt to rationalize based on actual science.
    So, I feel ya.
    Yeah i do agree. There are lots of things on the figures which i can overlook and just enjoy as fun and fantasy, especially in Masters. But for some reason Hands on action figures always get alot of attention from me, and tend to be one of the elements that can really make or break my suspension of disbelif.

I think that part of why i feel that way is because Hands really are SO expressive, especially on toys. And they can determine alot about what the figure is, and what they can do. The lack of gloves isn't as limiting as say, stratos hands, but it just always sticks out in my mind if the hands are not harmonious with the rest of the figure. I felt the same way about Mattels original Ghostbusters releases. Initially they had the 6" movie master figures running around without gloves. Which just looked rediculous in my opinion.

I know it is probably something minor to most people, but, such little details do tend to stick out to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Im not that impressed by Marlena & Cringer and I totally dislike the Polly Pocket 3-pack!

SDCC reveals for MOTUC were a dissapointment for me.

But the Voltron figure rules!

Nice Bank Holiday listening!
    Good episode but a its shame to hear Emiliano has left again, I hope he still makes an appearance on an episode every now and again.

In Eamon's defense, douche bag doesn't translate over here, just like Eamon had to tell you guys what a nappie was the other week. The first time I heard the term was in the South Park episode 'douche bag vs Turd Sandwich' and I remember I had to google it to find out what on Earth a douche bag was

But I can't believe you watched the royal wedding Eamon? Me and some friends spent the day hiking the Yorkshire Three Peaks just to get away from all the fuss and media coverage.

I'd really mind Cringer being a little small, sure it would have been better if he was bigger but it doesn't bother me that much nor does the lack of articulation.
    I agree that the Queen Marlena card should be the regular release and the astronaut card the SDCC one and also this its a shame the green on the arms is the same green as the dress and the sleeves aren't puffy, swappable arms would have been way better.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    But the Voltron figure rules!
    I'm not too excited by that one. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I'm just "eh" on that.
    This is an instance where I agree with Emiliano: Let Japan handle giant robots.

But, since I'm not a Voltron fan, I'll leave it to the Voltron fans to decide. It's not my area so my opinion means squat on that one.