Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 049 Discussion!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that Emiliano is gone, but glad to hear Danielle is with us weekly now. It was always great hearing her input as a special guest star, so as a regular, it'll be awesome.

Queen Marlena's bracelets were a bit of a shock, but they make sense with the changing of her wardrobe. When I was thinking about it, in my head, I heard Scott's explination for the Classics Machine and how the figures would have been made in the 80s, and it made sense. Teela and Evil-Lyn both had bracelets, so Marlena might have too. Toyboys Inc even did these customs of her, with one utilizing the armor in her outfit, so it kinda seemed to fit.

As for Cringer, I'm ok with him being smaller, and I hope they eventually do teenage Adam, because as was said, you then have the full stages of them both.

Sorry to hear about Dan's ordeal. The day after Catra shipped, I updated my credit card expiration date. I called Customer Service and I asked the guy three times if everything would be fine next month. He assured me the sub wouldn't be cancelled or anything and that the charges would go through. I did have one nightmare... as this is Faceless One and BG Teela we're talking about... so here's hoping it works...

I'm not a collector of the Polly Pocket stuff, but the art for it looks really cool! It's clever how they're dressed up, and even the boy playing Hordak is wearing a mask.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I haven't listened to the episode yet, but that's a tragedy Emiliano is leaving RGD. I'll miss his endless wealth of knowledge, poignant insights and fantastic ideas he had regarding...well...everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I believe the Polly Pocket figures are 3 3/4" inches tall. And yes, Polly Pocket is one of several core brands at Mattel. They even make webisodes. Imagine a POP episode.

http://www.pollypocket.com/videos/
    Yep. 3 3/4"

Here's the SDCC Wonder Woman one from last year loose, from all angles at a Wonder Woman site:

http://experiencethewonder.com/actio...or_Justice.php
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I have listened to the episode and have to say its very sad that Emiliano resigns. I hope he will be back sometime. Not only his knowledge was an important element of the show, he also was an important balance factor for the various personalities from the awesome Gooble Crew.
    Hope he will post more often now at least.

On Marlena the positive things outweigh the negative for me.
    She´s just looking too good;-) Though, i would dig a white repaint with gloves ,down the line too
    Last edited by JimPansen; May 30, 2011 at 02:38pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks gents and muh-dam.

"Pixel" Stan is awesome. He sounds real dignified & distinguished. A classy sounding chap.

I want more of "Pixel" Stan on the podcast.

"Pixel" Stan equals ratings

We should collect horror stories about shipping mistakes.

I can provide the story where (as I know now) customs opened my package and put a new incorrect shipping address sticker on the package afterwards. Well, they actually put my address sticker on the package of another German fan and vice versa...

So... after this unknown incident I got notice to pick up "my" package at the post office - but when I got there the post office staff couldn't find "my" package (probably because they stored the package with the original address up). And of course nobody could help me - the package seemed lost.

BUT: After a week or so they "realized" they sent the package to the wrong post office and sent the package to ... the original addressee - who now has received his second shipment from mattycollector! Confused as to why he has received two packages the fellow He-Fan examined his original shipping note and realized that the first package should have been sent to someone else - me!

But because He-Man fans are really awesome he did not keep both packages but contacted me and helped me to get my figures! Thanks, Stephan!

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    The obstacles Dan had to go through to obtain his package is absurd, but not surprising.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

I'll throw my support out to Poe Ghostal as a permanent replacement. Like Bo knows baseball - Poe know MOTUC!

Emelliano has left the show more times than Rocky Balboa has left the ring Seriously though, he and his vast knowledge of MOTUC will be missed. Maybe he can comeback occassionally as a special guest...

This was a quality episode. Thanks for the laughs.
    I loved the introductions for everybody.
    The beginning conversation about the "colonic irrigation for women" made me laugh so hard.

Emiliano, I'm sad to see you go. I'm gonna miss your facts, opinions, insights & knowledge of the vast history of Masters Of The Universe. You my friend are the MOTU fan I WISH I could be. I respect your descision though & hope to see you in San Diego.

Danielle, it's great to have you on board. You're a great addition to the group. "Tube that squirts much like Snout Spout." CLASSIC! I look forward to hearing more from "Penny Dreadful!"

Eamon, man, I'm gonna be bummed if you can't make it on out to San Diego. Also, I'm with you on wanting a white space suited Marlena. I agree that removable arms would've been the way to go but we probably wouldn't have had Cringer. I laughed yet again when Kit Kat was interrupting your rant & you finally said, "get that cat!" or was it, "kick that cat!"?

Val's "Pixel Stan" cracked me up so hardcore. You all were on a roll this episode. Dan, you can have my drink tickets since I don't drink booze.

Also, Dan, I don't know if Matty was messing with you because of your Panthor review but sheesh, the hoops you went through to get your subscription Sy-Klone & Panthor was straight up evil!

I sure remember the He-Store. I ordered a case of 2002 figures from y'all way back when & was very happy with my purchase!

Val, Eamon, Dan & Danielle, thanks again for your time & a great show
    Emiliano, good luck my friend. See you on the message boards!

Tobar
    Last edited by Power Sword; May 30, 2011 at 06:00pm.
    I want my other half.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm not too excited by that one. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I'm just "eh" on that.
    This is an instance where I agree with Emiliano: Let Japan handle giant robots.

But, since I'm not a Voltron fan, I'll leave it to the Voltron fans to decide. It's not my area so my opinion means squat on that one.
    Hey, you never can go wrong with 5 robotic lions building a giant robot

I mean, you like Thundercats, don`t you? Lions are big cats

I need to change my payment information on Matty....and I'm terrified...

Honestly I should do it now, but I'm going to wait until after the 15th (of june) for sure.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I need to change my payment information on Matty....and I'm terrified...

Honestly I should do it now, but I'm going to wait until after the 15th (of june) for sure.
    LOL! That's what I did... for the same reasons!

Good luck.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

A "permanent replacement" implies Emilliano is never coming back. I'd like to think he will one day. I also like the rotation of guests such as Penny, Poe Ghostal, Rob Base, and Baena.

One day RockinHard will be a guest on RGD. One day . . .

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Roton 8) Multi-Bot 9) Ninjor 10) Dragstor 11) Saurod 12) Blast-Attak 13) Karg 14) Gwildor 15) Lodar 16) Mask of Power Demons 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man

Its a shame to see Emiliano go. I hope this means Rob Base will appear on more episodes in the future.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    One day RockinHard will be a guest on RGD. One day . . .
    Yeah...the same day I'm a guest on there.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah...the same day I'm a guest on there.
    Yes, because you love me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    "Pixel" Stan is awesome. He sounds real dignified & distinguished. A classy sounding chap.
    Dignified?!? That jerk was sneaking into the get-together!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    Eamon, man, I'm gonna be bummed if you can't make it on out to San Diego.
    Oh, he's coming to SDCC. *shakes fist in Eamon's direction*

I laughed yet again when Kit Kat was interrupting your rant & you finally said, "get that cat!" or was it, "kick that cat!"?
    I actually think he said "kick" which made me a bit sad when editing.
    But I know he didn't meant it. And of course, she'd just bite his foot.

Val's "Pixel Stan" cracked me up so hardcore. You all were on a roll this episode.
    I'm pretty sure I sounded like a bigger doofus than usual, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Hey, you never can go wrong with 5 robotic lions building a giant robot

I mean, you like Thundercats, don`t you? Lions are big cats
    It's definitely not the same for me.
    I'm not good at making a case for this, though. Rob Base could say what I want to say a lot better when it comes to Japanese robots.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    It's definitely not the same for me.
    I'm not good at making a case for this, though. Rob Base could say what I want to say a lot better when it comes to Japanese robots.
    Okay, I understand, so you hate Voltron? (saying that, while spreading more Pixel Dan hates Transformers rumors)

Am I banned now?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    As something of a Voltron fan (it was never one of my 'biggest' interests, but I was/am a fan, and had a decent handful of the toys as a kid), I must say that the SDCC Voltron figure isn't doing much for me.

I appreciate what they are trying to do in making a 'cartoon accurate' figure, but the end result is just kind of 'meh' to me.

For one thing, the cartoon look of the character was just a simplified version of what the more complicated toy look (i.e. the Matchbox diecast set) done for animation. It's not like the actual design of the cartoon Voltron looked completely different than the toys (as opposed to something like the cartoon vs. original toy versions of She-Ra and some of the early main characters from that show/toy line). So, in that sense, the more simplified look isn't doing much for me as a toy.

Another part of the problem is that is just kind of looks like a bathtub toy to me. I just think more could have been done to make it look more like a collectible.

The only thing that I am liking about it is the talking box. But that's not enough to make me buy it.

I thought I had heard/read that Mattel is eventually going to be selling individual metal lions that combine into a large Voltron toy anyway via Matty Collector, so I'll just wait for those to come out. I'm going to be spending enough on SDCC items as it is... especially that $70 Marshmallow Man.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Yes, because you love me so much.
    It's a mutual thing...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I feel Dan's pain. Matty/DR has made me jump through hoops to get my figures. Last March I ordered BA Skelly and Hssss. All my info was correct, there were NO changes made. Normally the figures take 10-15 days to arrive to my PO Box (Puerto Rico is counted as International shipping in Matty's case) My Package was Rejected Before the normal 10-15 days it takes to arrive. I checked my Order History and card statement and it was true. Had to deal with CS, tried to explain what happened to the sales rep. We went through my address info like 10 times. They HAD the Correct Address, the correct card, everything and they could do nothing about it. A few hours later a CS rep calls and allowed me to re-order them by phone. Then the next day 3 Different people from DR called me to make a new order replacing my "lost" BA Skeletor King Hssss order... Funny story, my Reissue Skeletor order was MIA and they sent me a replacement, then BA Skeletor had this issue.

My story doesn't end there. I had another weird incident on Catra day:
    I logged in as normal, went through the motions. My card was rejected. I call CS at my bank, Everything is A OK. I call Matty, My card keeps being rejected. The card number is OK, everything is fine, but their system kept rejecting my card. I had to call my bank again (I'm sweating bullets, cause I dunno how long she was going to last. I've been about 30 minutes dealing with Matty, my bank, DR, my bank once more) Once again there are no problems with my card it should be working. I call Matty once more. I get put on hold over 45 minutes. Finally I get a CS Rep to manually make the order by phone cause for some unknown reason Matty didn't want me to get a Catra. Finally it got through! Now I'm waiting for my order to arrive. Let's see what the Envelope shipping does to my fig...

Sub or no sub, Mattycollector can be a stressful experience! I fear next year when I have to change my card info...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I thought I had heard/read that Mattel is eventually going to be selling individual metal lions that combine into a large Voltron toy anyway via Matty Collector, so I'll just wait for those to come out. I'm going to be spending enough on SDCC items as it is... especially that $70 Marshmallow Man.
    Can't say I'm much of a Voltron fan, but I'm pretty sure that Mattel will be releasing connectable Lions on Mattycollector, pretty sure you'll see a subscription for Voltron at SDCC too. Can't say that trailer for the new cartoon series looked very promising though.

Today on Roast Gooble I learned what a douche bag is. Thanks guys! Lol, it's not a term used much in the UK yet.

Whoever wrote those Polly Pocket bios should write the ones for MOTUC. They are creative, fun, and tells us about the character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Whoever wrote those Polly Pocket bios should write the ones for MOTUC. They are creative, fun, and tells us about the character.
    I'll betcha it's the same guy who writes the Classics bios.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)