Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 049 Discussion!

It can't be the people behind the Catra bio where she gives up being queen for 500 years to eventually work under Adora, then get a promotion as a Captain.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    It can't be the people behind the Catra bio where she gives up being queen for 500 years to eventually work under Adora, then get a promotion as a Captain.
    Like button clicked.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah...the same day I'm a guest on there.
    The same day I'm the host...

I am VERY sad to see Emiliano go. He's just a good man. Plain and simple.
    He's also incredibly talented, and has an incredible wealth of knowledge. I also very much appreciated that he bolstered the many components of the MOTU mythos (vintage MOTU as well as POP, NA, 200X, etc.)

I very much like listening to Danielle though, so it's nice that she will be there more!!

Yeah, there are a lot of holes in that bio
    Last edited by bcrduke; May 31, 2011 at 03:25am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I finally finished the episode and man that was a sad but hilarious story Pixel Dan. Your impression of the UPS guy made me crack up along with the "When their powers combine...". I'm glad you said it straight up Val about Digital River, there is no other way to put it

As I was listening to Dans story I checked my confimation email from matty. They shipped my Catra to my old address and even though I changed it 2 weeks before she went on sale... Hopefully I don't have to go through the same dramas as Dan.

Another great show guys(and girl)!

I will also miss Emiliano, hopefully he will comeback now and again as a guest.

Another enjoyable listen and I'm sorry that Emiliano feels the time is ripe to quit. I can imagine the reasons but hope he sees the light he shines on the topic for oldies and newbies alike is invaluable and he rejoins the team again.
    It is honestly one of the best, funniest and nicest collection of He-Man fans and professionals on a podcast.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Collectible of the week
    I wonder if Danielle is likely to take over this feature from Emiliano ... or perhaps start one of her own the likes of which we cannot even imagine?!?!
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

What ever influenced emilianos decision to leave the diner
    (maybee he just droped the whole metabolism thing)
    i hope he is doing fine!

for me the only bad thing on marlena is, that id love to get her in a white spacesuit. apart from that shes awesome.
    shes pretty atractive and good in shape for having a grownup son^^
    Grazellka the mighty Barbarian.

See my 3d works at www.eyerock.de

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yeah, there are a lot of holes in that bio
    At least there aren't any in her head.

Sorry, I could resist.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

So sad to see Emiliano leave the Gooblers, but Danielle has always been a great host, so it's one bad news and one good news here.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    The same guy wrote the Trap Jaw bio and everyone seems to like that one.

Catra's choice seems clear: be a conqueror on the winning side or be conquered on the losing side? Catra might have taken over a planet, but she isn't fighting the Horde. Rather, she joined their empire willingly.

Besides, Filmation Catra at 20 something probably isn't leading the ancient MYP version of the Horde members without the Favored Child of Power™ excuse that Adora has. She would have to be ancient herself.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 31, 2011 at 10:19am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE-RO View Post
    As I was listening to Dans story I checked my confimation email from matty. They shipped my Catra to my old address and even though I changed it 2 weeks before she went on sale... Hopefully I don't have to go through the same dramas as Dan.
    Oh noes!

I don't understand why they would do that. What is wrong with them?!

I really hope you don't have to go through the same trouble I did. Good luck!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    The same day I'm the host...
    Man, that would be one train wreck of a show, Dukester. Me, you and RockHard...the mind boggles. Three great tastes that would taste weird together...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Oh noes!

I don't understand why they would do that. What is wrong with them?!

I really hope you don't have to go through the same trouble I did. Good luck!!
    According to DigitalRiver they can change the shipping address for subscriptions only on the phone. The address field you can change on their site is not used for the subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    According to DigitalRiver they can change the shipping address for subscriptions only on the phone. The address field you can change on their site is not used for the subscription.
    LAME!

Also, that fails to explain how when I called them, they just repeatedly told me they had my correct address, and that they couldn't do anything about it getting shipped to my old one.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Digital River: We take something simple and complicate it!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

You know what would be REALLY cool?

Glyos system Masters of the universe!

In the same style as the 80s figures, but maybe 3 inch or something

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    You know what would be REALLY cool?

Glyos system Masters of the universe!

In the same style as the 80s figures, but maybe 3 inch or something
    Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

But what I really want is Mattel's old Major Matt Mason line to get a revamp using the Glyos system, to go with the 4HM's Outer Space Men figures.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone Else View Post
    But, now that Emiliano has left [again], is it safe to say that Roast Gooble Dinner has "jumped the Shark"?
    It's like when Chrissy left Three's Company and was replaced by her cousin Cindy! RGD has totally jumped the Land Shark!

Thanks for the welcomes guys. I was honored that the fellas asked me to join up as a regular co-host. However, as I mentioned on the podcast, I am fully aware that Emiliano is irreplaceable. He's a friend and fan, but he also happens to be the world's foremost authority on MOTU/POP. I think few, if any, would argue this. I fully respect his decision, though I promise if Emiliano ever comes back I will gladly step down so we can all enjoy more of his insights into Eternia and Etheria. Meanwhile, I'm concocting my plot to turn RGD into the "Evil Enchantress Hour" where we'll discuss the practical application of magic spells used by Evil-Lyn and Shadow Weaver. We'll start by testing the Kothos slug spell on the first person to call in. I hope you'll enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty Neck
    I wonder if Danielle is likely to take over this feature from Emiliano ... or perhaps start one of her own the likes of which we cannot even imagine?!?!
    Mwahahaha!

That would be awesome too

But what would you prefer:
    3 inch 80's lookalike figures
    3 inch motuc likalike figures

Imagine shrinking the 80's vehicles too.
    And Castle Grayskull would be in scale, lol!

What are the current rights on the 80's buck anyway. It has been used so many times by sooo many companies?

LAME!

Also, that fails to explain how when I called them, they just repeatedly told me they had my correct address, and that they couldn't do anything about it getting shipped to my old one.
    This is all speculation/conjecture with a couple of links for loosely based support.

I needed a break from my sociology homework, and this is what happened....

So Dan, as far as I can tell...

Digital River outsources their call center customer service, and have since 2009 as seen here http://outsourcingbpo.cbronline.com/...o_sitel_090715

Sitel is a leading call center company who as far as I can tell(based on the above linked article) would be the ones handling Matty's CS and uses flashy terms like "Return on Customer Investment" a sample job posting for them is here http://sitel.com/index.php?p=TalentL...ngTargetID=675

Now, if you search careers on Mattel's site, the only customer service job is in Wisconsin, which as it turns out is where the American Girl products is HQ'd, so I'm pretty sure that's exclusively for them, especially since they have their own link on the Mattel CS page, as seen here http://service.mattel.com/us/HoursOps.aspx

So, for all those following... Mattel, Inc manufactures a product for sale -->Digital River (who provides e-Commerce for Mattel, Inc) sells product and sends shipping info to--> Shipping center (of which there are many) in Sparks, NV 89441 who divides packages between -->UPS OR Newgistics, Newgistics(parent/owner of Cornerstone Logistics) gets packages on behalf of the USPS as they are contracted to handle deliveries and returns for the USPS(confused yet?) --UPS delivers to you/whoever sticker label says OR Newgistics delivers the package to the USPS for home delivery(Newgistics only transports from business to USPS -loving extra steps yet?) -->and all through this process Customer Service is handled by Sitel call centers (w/ 52,000 employees - WOW!) who work from guidelines received from Mattel, Inc, WHEW!

All-in-all, there's a lot of places to screw up at
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

LAME!

Well, I am just talking from past experiences and from what it says in the Mattycollector FAQ (the point in red just at the top). I myself tried to change my address the way you described from my PO box address to my regular address and I still get my packages sent to my PO box (because i won't spend tons of money for a call from Germany).

PS: Did you get your May shipment?

PPS: Oh, and how many weeks are we behind with the podcast?

another awesome show guys ...

glad to hear penny is on board, she rocks! ... ... and does a great english accent! ...

... and emiliano will be missed on RGD - he is a true inspiration and icon to all of us in the MOTU world ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by eterniandreams View Post
    you know what would be really cool?

glyos system masters of the universe!

in the same style as the 80s figures, but maybe 3 inch or something
    count me in!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

But what I really want is Mattel's old Major Matt Mason line to get a revamp using the Glyos system, to go with the 4HM's Outer Space Men figures.
    YES! Count me in for this too!!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; May 31, 2011 at 05:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Digital River rule #1 = NEVER move or change credit cards! EVER!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!