Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 049 Discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    LAME!

Also, that fails to explain how when I called them, they just repeatedly told me they had my correct address, and that they couldn't do anything about it getting shipped to my old one.
    So far as I can tell, with the subscriptions - each time that they `renew` your subscription they bring up the original sale.
    This completely ignores anything that you may have done to your account in the mean time.
    It will always ship to the original address, and charge the original credit card.

This is why there is so much trouble changing adresses and credit cards.

The basic level customer service reps don`t understand this, and don`t seem to have access to change the original order. When they look at your account, they see the current information, which is correct, but which has nothing to do with the original subscription order.

Someone, way up the chain can change things, because some people have been successful, but I think it takes a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    So far as I can tell, with the subscriptions - each time that they `renew` your subscription they bring up the original sale.
    This completely ignores anything that you may have done to your account in the mean time.
    It will always ship to the original address, and charge the original credit card.

This is why there is so much trouble changing adresses and credit cards.

The basic level customer service reps don`t understand this, and don`t seem to have access to change the original order. When they look at your account, they see the current information, which is correct, but which has nothing to do with the original subscription order.

Someone, way up the chain can change things, because some people have been successful, but I think it takes a lot of work.
    I believe you are correct, which is why you have to change the card used for the subscription (which can be done online) instead of just your default card.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    How hard is it to keep things updated? Do they believe in data or computers at Digital River?
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar

Emilliano say it ain't so brother

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    A "permanent replacement" implies Emilliano is never coming back. I'd like to think he will one day. I also like the rotation of guests such as Penny, Poe Ghostal, Rob Base, and Baena.
    I'm always down but If I get asked again I think they may need a warning at the beginning like (all words that come out of Rob Base's mouth are his and his alone ) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Dignified?!? That jerk was sneaking into the get-together!

Oh, he's coming to SDCC. *shakes fist in Eamon's direction*

I actually think he said "kick" which made me a bit sad when editing.
    But I know he didn't meant it. And of course, she'd just bite his foot.

I'm pretty sure I sounded like a bigger doofus than usual, but thanks.

It's definitely not the same for me.
    I'm not good at making a case for this, though. Rob Base could say what I want to say a lot better when it comes to Japanese robots.

Give me the Lions any day of the week but I am partial to the Die cast kind

car voltron sucks :P
    Last edited by AlternativeMindz; June 3, 2011 at 07:34pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

I didn't get a notification for this episode until just last night, and soon -- soon -- I will be back to being caught up. Val, you need to space these out a little better.

EPISODE 049
    Runtime: 1 hour, 16 minutes, 14 seconds
    Fan Art of the Week: Groundcover Base for Figures by Tweeterhead
    Fan Site of the Week: None this episode.
    Collectible of the Week: None this episode.

Your hosts: Val Staples A.K.A. JVS3; Danielle Gelehrter, A.K.A. Penny Dreadful; "Pixel Dan" Eardley; and Eamon O'Donoghue.

Items of Note:
    Last edited by josh; June 5, 2011 at 02:22pm.
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    Thank you Dan and Danielle for the shout out on the Laser Light Skeletor! I have to change my name on the forums to "Super Fan" Ben now.
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

I just want to let Emiliano know,that I very much looked forward to his posts and RGD.He had so much knowledge and put so much into this site.For me,I credit Val and Emiliano for my rekindled love of MOTU.You guys never let it die,I thank you for that.I do hope he comes back soon.I just wanted to let my thoughts be known.

Even us barbaric matty forum members love this site as well.

COMEDIAN ON THE MATTY FORUMS.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I believe you are correct, which is why you have to change the card used for the subscription (which can be done online) instead of just your default card.
    I changed my default card a few weeks back, and Customer Service said it should charge from that... but reading the quoted post just now, I decided to go back and find the original sub invoice in Order History. It's dated in February. Down where it has the credit card info, there's a link to update. It takes you to a page like where you change the payment info, but there's an added option to "Save for Subscription". I clicked that just in case, even though the card info was already shown there.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm concocting my plot to turn RGD into the "Evil Enchantress Hour" where we'll discuss the practical application of magic spells used by Evil-Lyn and Shadow Weaver. We'll start by testing the Kothos slug spell on the first person to call in. I hope you'll enjoy.
    Mwahahaha!
    I'll light the candles and fire up the cauldron.
    We bid you "hail"and "welcome", High Priestess Penny!
    So MOTU it be!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-O View Post
    I changed my default card a few weeks back, and Customer Service said it should charge from that... but reading the quoted post just now, I decided to go back and find the original sub invoice in Order History. It's dated in February. Down where it has the credit card info, there's a link to update. It takes you to a page like where you change the payment info, but there's an added option to "Save for Subscription". I clicked that just in case, even though the card info was already shown there.
    I just tried this, and also noticed the link is included on other months' order history invoice pages as well. Not only that, after I changed it, it was updated on those other pages. (If this works for me this month, I'll be sure to post this over in the customer service thread.)
    Roast Gooble Dinner podcast Appendix & Notations
    Doughnuts & Top Cow podcast Co-Host
    @joshcrawley

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I just tried this, and also noticed the link is included on other months' order history invoice pages as well. Not only that, after I changed it, it was updated on those other pages. (If this works for me this month, I'll be sure to post this over in the customer service thread.)
    Sweet! Here's hoping it works for us. I know it's tricky to find, so when I read dorrmann's post and went in search so we could spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    But I can't believe you watched the royal wedding Eamon? Me and some friends spent the day hiking the Yorkshire Three Peaks just to get away from all the fuss and media coverage.

I listen to BBC Radio 5 live everyday so I had no escape from the Royal Wedding. Instead of getting annoyed like i usualy do, I subscribed hook line and sinker the ridiculous charade that was the Royal Wedding.
    And lets face it, Middleton is hot and has a filthy look about her!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Sword View Post
    Eamon, man, I'm gonna be bummed if you can't make it on out to San Diego.
    Just depends on workload and money!
    If it can be squeezed into a trip to the Grand Canyon, I can sell the idea to the wench!
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    And lets face it, Middleton is hot and has a filthy look about her!
    oh no doubt about that dude
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Eamon View Post
    Just depends on workload and money!
    If it can be squeezed into a trip to the Grand Canyon, I can sell the idea to the wench!
    Dude! If you're coming out to the Canyon, hit me up!
    We'll grab a pint.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Whoever wrote those Polly Pocket bios should write the ones for MOTUC. They are creative, fun, and tells us about the character.
    The same team wrote them all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    The same team wrote them all. ;-)
    Hey! Isn't the Polly Pocket team supposed to be working on their own stuff?! In that case, please tell the Barbie team that POP Barbies are waaay overdue. And yes, I've e-mailed before, but they only had this to say:

"Our Product Development Team is kept very busy creating exciting new products. All the ideas on their drawing boards are kept a secret until the items are actually available for purchase. Please watch our website and catalogs for new products as they are introduced."

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Just to follow up, I checked my account and I was in deed charged today for this month's figures.

Where is #50 already?!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I'm still waiting for some space to free up at Libsyn.
    I guess I bogged down our monthly allocation with all those episodes we released the past few weeks.

I'm still waiting for some space to free up at Libsyn.
    I guess I bogged down our monthly allocation with all those episodes we released the past few weeks.
    yeah ... i kinda got used to a new RGD every couple of days! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Libsyn still has to free up space for this weekend.
    Episode 50 is pretty big.

Load it up, or I'll kill myself.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Libsyn still has to free up space for this weekend.
    Episode 50 is pretty big.
    Thanks, sounds exciting! When did you record #50 - just to get an idea what topics to expect...

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Load it up, or I'll kill myself.
    Glad to know you're handling Gooble withdrawl sensibly.