Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

As a friend of mine on Facebook said, "Supergirl's costume gives new meaning to the term "panty shield."
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    No official announcement on JSA and Authority

Superman titles will come tomorrow. Nothing offical

Subtract one of the two Nightwings you have.

so. subtract:Jsa, authority, action comics & one of the nightwings and you get 48.
    My bad, The Authority I listed is actually called Stormwatch... starring the cast of The Authority.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    With all the changes this is my exact feelings aswell. Secret Six is my favourite DC book.

I only read a small handful of DC, I am more a Marvel guy, but this teboot/retcon is right up my alley to jump on some other titles. However, if it is only for a short time before going back to the way it is now then I will probably jump off again
    Yep, Secret Six has been my favorite as well.
    I've been following it since the Villains United tie in to Infinite Crisis.

And I also only read a little of DC (same with Marvel, I'm more of a Vertigo/independent guy these days)
    and this is serving as a jumping off point for me.

Depending on solicitations and reviews/previews I may pick up one or two titles.
    I'm a sucker for Animal Man, for example... so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Yup. And not one of them has any kind of "timeless" quality like so many of the costumes from the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Not unless 1993 is timeless
    Yeah, that's right.
    I'm honestly surprised these costumes don't come with 48 patches and an enormous rocket launcher / laser gun.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    Yeah, that's right.

I'm honestly surprised these costumes don't come with 48 patches and an enormous rocket launcher / laser gun.
    Pray Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld don't see this post, they might think oh yeah I forgot that
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Pray Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld don't see this post, they might think oh yeah I forgot that
    That should say "pouches" not "patches".
    But you took my meaning...

Interview with Brett Booth talking about the Titans (and confirms that its is Bart):

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...es-110610.html

----------

Apollo and Mr. Terrific designs by Cull Hamner:

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Birds of Prey won't be written by Gail Simone and I imagine the reason it hasn't been solicited is because they don't want to ruin the surprise (that everyone already knows about) of Barbara Gordon returning as Batgirl. (If she's even part of Birds after this point.)

Their big claim at diversity seems to be falling short. If you count Batgirl, that makes only two books starring solo females.
    I know it's a controversial topic, but I am thoroughly excited about the return of Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. The Oracle story has felt played-out for a while. Plus, I think it's possible Barbara will remain paralyzed but the suit will aid her in the mobility department.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

I like Mr Terrifics look
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

I like Mr Terrifics look
    Its not bad, although I thought the "T mask" was more unique than making it an "M".

Heroic Warrior

All 52 titles

I'm basing this list off of offical announcements . No probables. no rumored, most likelies or I was reading over at.......

JLA
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Flash
    Fury of Firestorm(5)
    Hawkman
    Green Arrow
    JLI
    Mr Terrific
    Captain Atom (10)
    DC Universe Presents
    GL
    GL Corps
    GL:The New Guardians
    Red Lanterns (15)
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin
    Batman: Dark Knight
    Birds of Prey (20)
    Batgirl
    Catwoman
    Batwing
    Batwoman
    Red Hood and The Outlaws (25)
    Nightwing
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Resurrection Man
    Demon Knights (30)
    Justice League Dark
    Frankenstein, Agent of Shade
    VooDoo
    I, Vampire
    Legion Lost (35)
    Legion of Superheroes
    Teen Titans
    Static Shock
    Hawk And Dove
    Stormwatch (40)
    Blackhawks
    Sgt Rock And The Men of War
    All-Star Western
    Deathstroke
    Grifter (45)
    OMAC (46)
    Blue Beetle (spanish kid) (47)
    Suicide Squad (48)

Final four titles:
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Superboy
    Supergirl

Action Comics cover:

Creative teams:

Action:
    Grant Morrison (w)
    Rags Morales (a)

Superman:
    George Perez (w)
    Jesus Merino (a)

Supergirl:
    Michael Green and Mike Johnson (w)
    Mahmud Asrar (a)

Superboy:
    Scott Lobdall (w)
    R.B. Silva and Rob Lean (a)

That Morales Action cover is a gorgeous piece, but I sure hope he doesn't actually wear THAT as his costume!

So Secret Six, JSA, Powergirl and Zatanna are getting the shaft. Anyone else?

I am somewhat upset by the retconning of the golden age of superheroes. Not having the JSA and all those other heroes around in WWII feels weird, like the universe is missing the most important part. Probably because I have always been a golden age fan foremost.

Hmmm... Morrison and Morales on Action get a "maybe" from me...
    Could be interesting.

Won't everyone know who Supergirl's secret identity is when they see her uneven tan around her knees.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Will Midnighter and Apollo still be a couple in the new reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Will Midnighter and Apollo still be a couple in the new reboot?
    Yes. From Cornell's blog:

I can say very little else so far except that Apollo is also in the book, as are other characters, old and new, and yes, Apollo and The Midnighter remain out and proud.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...tormwatch.html

(Major painful sigh)
    It was bad enough when Gail Simone was taken off Wonder Woman, a writer whom I felt was one of the actual few whom understood the character and gave her a true personality not seen since the Perez reboot. To her stagnating in this new Matrix-esqe costume in an altered orgin by a writer I have completely lost all respect for after abandoning the book after less then 10 issues when he (probably thanks to Didio to of course) discovered that a mopey Superman in a hoodie sold more then the Nu-Diana he worked so hard to sell us on during the convention season last year by even having the voice actress of WW form Justice League Unlimited plus others do script readings in panels and so forth. In the ultimate case of creative writer blue balls I could never had imagine !

Then two books I was really into, Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters and R.E.B.E.L.S. gets canceled, one of which had already begun a new story ark at the time. Then ANOTHER FRIGGIN' CROSSOVER EVENT centered on another silver age version of a character who seemed more important when he was still dead, but Johns just has to make us care about Barry Allen by putting him in his own Blackest Night type event, problem is, I don't think he's done as good of a job on Barry the same way he did with Hal Jordan. And now I am to believe that this Flashponint world will be the default Universe after all's said and done?! But DC is also merging Wildstorm and Vertigo stuff in as well!? I honestly never thought DC could be this shortsighted in it's "We only care about boosting sales" agenda, do they really think all of those books will be around a year after September...do they?! I've stuck around DC in the worst of times since Infinite Crisis, but I may either significantly reduce my comic pull list or dump them all together if nothing is gonna feel recognizable by the renumbering gets jammed down our throats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    According to the solicit, this is a descendant of the legendary war hero in modern times.

And technically the Stormwatch solicit doesn't say either way. I'm still horrified by the integration of Wildstorm onto the main DC earth (which was QUITE crowded enough already).
    I know right! They didn't even put much effort with Red Circle or Milestone characters, and I thought they had more potential, but no, they just had lide 2 issues of JLA Vs' The Shadow Cabinet play out like a fan-fic and forgot they ever existed...At least Red Circle heroes got their own minis.
    Last edited by theblock; June 10, 2011 at 11:22pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I am somewhat upset by the retconning of the golden age of superheroes. Not having the JSA and all those other heroes around in WWII feels weird, like the universe is missing the most important part. Probably because I have always been a golden age fan foremost.

Oh, just wait. In a couple of years DC will once again launch another "crisis" story spanning the multiverse just to once again reboot continuity and restore the golden age heroes after taking them away again. *sarcasm of course*

Why does it feel like DC Comics is the gimmick publisher of comic books lately?? I suppose it could be due to Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Crisis Crisis....etc... of all of this reboot nonsense they seem to keep having to do every couple of years for the sake of new readers (who don't even exist).

Is it just me, or do not only the previous stunts I've mentioned but this latest reboot come September makes it look like DC Comics is a little insecure about the books they present if they have to keep rebooting things all of the time??

All in all, this latest reboot is pointless. In DC's quest for a new generation of fans, they will more than likely alienate the previous generation of fans forever.

As for the cover to the new Action Comics, does this mean the new Superman is going to get his official superhero gear at Hot Topic?? Inanely stupid, much like the new costume and the DCU reboot in general.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    So Secret Six, JSA, Powergirl and Zatanna are getting the shaft. Anyone else?
    Jeez. Ever since Infinite Crisis, I've become a big Power Girl fan (I like all that Earth-Two stuff). I sincerely hope there's a spot for her somewhere in this revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Is it just me, or do not only the previous stunts I've mentioned but this latest reboot come September makes it look like DC Comics is a little insecure about the books they present if they have to keep rebooting things all of the time??

All in all, this latest reboot is pointless. In DC's quest for a new generation of fans, they will more than likely alienate the previous generation of fans forever.
    If you saw last months sales numbers you would probably understand why they are desperate to search for something to bring in new fans. On a monthly basis they are getting their ass handed to them by Marvel and even year to year they are down quite a bit from past performance.

I do not think this reboot is going to help them, to me it seems more confusing to long time fans and new fans are going to majorly ****** when the reboot restore we all know will come happens.

Sales figures for the month of April for DC and Marvel respectively.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-april-2011%2F
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-april-2011%2F

This is to retailers, so typically when you are looking at the month to month this is why can have a sharp increase/decrease. The increases tend to be expectations from retailers, decreases are often the reality. Overall comics are down 11% on average from last year. This is combination of recession woes, people just giving up, and retailers trimming fat (you order more than you sale, and put excess in the back issue bin).

Other comic companies are doing about half of what DC is doing, month to month. I would say on educated guess basis last month, ~150-200k people bought a stand alone issue of a comic from any competitor.
    Last edited by wyldman11; June 11, 2011 at 11:27am.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Other comic companies are doing about half of what DC is doing, month to month. I would say on educated guess basis last month, ~150-200k people bought a stand alone issue of a comic from any competitor.
    I think DC is really only concerned with the almost doubled marketshare Marvel has though and not the 4-5% of the market say Dark Horse or the 2% IDW has on a good month

I think DC is really only concerned with the almost doubled marketshare Marvel has though and not the 4-5% of the market say Dark Horse or the 2% IDW has on a good month
    I agree, just painting the whole picture. Of course I should have said, the others almost combined are doing half of what DC does, and my guess is on the conservative side.

I was thinking about the costumes and what Jim Lee said about how much extra stuff is added to them when adapted to movies.

I wonder if the edict in the costume design for the reboot/launch is to make them more "movie friendly"?

I have to believe that with the comic book industry so down, but the comic movie industry so up, that Warner and Disney are both much more concerned about how many movies they can generate than how many comics they can sell. I'd think both corporations right now look at comics as a loss-leader, or strictly as the price of developing brands for other media.