Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

The Batgirl series she was in just before the new 52 was actually pretty good and made her quite a likeable character. Too many people didn't want to read it because of her previous history. I almost skipped it because of it but a few reviews convinced me to read it and it was enjoyable.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The Batgirl series she was in just before the new 52 was actually pretty good and made her quite a likeable character. Too many people didn't want to read it because of her previous history. I almost skipped it because of it but a few reviews convinced me to read it and it was enjoyable.
    Yeah, but she was dead, so that Batgirl series does not count in my book.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Well, Cass Cain won't be in the dc new 52 ever due to being retconned out. Lady Shiva her former mother will be appearing in Nightwing as his contemporary, continuing their fueds from shen they were teens. She's his age, about 21. I am really hating this new DC comics more with every passing day. I can't wait until they reboot again and make James Gordon a beat cop of 22ish, just wait it'll happen bring the entire universe to a true year one setting all for the money, not caring about the fans.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Anyone else besides me stoked about Swords of Sorcerey, and Amethyst making a comeback in comic form? I never read the original all the way through, and the fact that there's not a collected edition printed in color seems just wrong for a book like that. But there was a new interview with Christy Marx: http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Chri...f-sorcery.html with a new exclusive cover (art by Aaron Lopresti, I'm glad he still has a gig after JLI fell apart under him, not his fault ). I'm only somewhat annoyed how she feels the need to insist it will be edgy, because, y'know, there's *gasp* primary colors used in the book ! But I hope with her past writing experience she'll be able to give us a likable protagonist in interesting situations, but still look pretty (well drawn and colorful), a little annoyed how she said there'd be some crossover into Justice League: Nights..e.er Dark meaning she'll be another person telling Constantine what a **** he is, because we need to be reminded how he just radiates likability . And if Eamon's reading this, I think you'll like it man, there's already a kind of She-Ra vibe to it funny enough, they're doing a He-Man mini, what if both of these did well and a cross-over of Gemworld into Eternia happened....it could, and He-Man could make a remark like, "There's something very..familiar about her." Wishful Thinking, I know.

But I think I'm gonna drop Blue Beetle, Demon Knights, and maybe Red Lanterns, they started good, bat as of late they're been loosing their loosing their thunder if ya ask me. I really like Red Lantern Bleeze, she has a very Evil-Lyn like personality now that she's gotten back her intelligence. But no one seems to know how to draw a bloody cat properly on that book lately.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Anybody here pick up last weeks Wonder Woman, gotta admit as much as I dislike her reboot cannon, mainly for it being more of a re-imagining of the Greek Gods in a modern setting comic and Wonder Woman is just being dragged though their plots wilst protecting the unlikeable Zola for no other reason then she's only now "family" to her . But the tease at the last page was a definite game-changer. All I'm saying is I hope they do a better job working them into WW's mythos then what was done after Amazons Attack/Countdown...ugh!
    And her appearance in Batwoman just proved that Cliff Chiang is OVERRATED and J.H. Williams III should be drawing WW in her own book, I'm not up to speed on BW's book, but it gave me happy Promethea flashbacks ! Serriously, people who badmouth Alan Moore cause he writes his own takes on existing characters, Promethea (and Tom Strong for that matter) ARE his own original creations and is a lot more optimistic then say Watchmen.

- - - Updated - - -

Also since it's been mentioned, I saw a new Big Picture about sidekicks that's pretty on topic @ what's been discussed in earlier posts.

Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

It's been a while since I read something from DC or comics in general, but there's seems to be quite a hyped news on the new Arab-American Baz Green Lantern.
    IM(extremely)HO, it looks like Green Lantern has become DC's last resource to over expose diversity. Still, being an intergalactic force, and truly represent diversity, why not just an Arab GL? He may relocate then in US, but it could be good to have a different part of the world point of view. I know that it can be sensitive, but well done it can top GL & GA comics from Adams & O'Neil social stories

Also, what happened with heroes that had appeared in Batman Inc? Knight & Squire could make an awesome comic book. I also wished Gaucho had an upgrade.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

New Green Lantern? So now they have five lanterns from Earth?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Wasn't Jade a Green Lantern for a bit?
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    New Green Lantern? So now they have five lanterns from Earth?
    I was wondering that but then I got to thinking. I'm thinking it's going to be a new spin on John Stewart.

I just think they are trying to shake things up with the black character.

who knows maybe they'll have this guy and Baez.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Wow DC is screwing things up royally with their Zero issues, one big problem is Birds of Prey taking place ONE year prior to the new 52 start, contradicting Gail Simones Batgirl series completely by having Batgirl in it and her and Black Canary just meeting, when in issue one babs was just getting back into the superhero game, and a few issues later had known Dinah for years, and Dinah was glad Babs was up and walking.

Asked Gail about this all on twitter:

gailconvo_zps7ff784d8.jpg

GailConvo2_zpse6b0fec4.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I mean Gail wants things to be more coordinated. What happened with BOP just ruined a lot of her run, including her first issue. And while many dont care for her run here, thats just rotten of whom ever set that up over in the BOP office to do even changing their own #1. I mean a lot of the zero issues are rewriting things that just happened. DC Comics is a huge huge mess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Wasn't Jade a Green Lantern for a bit?

Yes she was, quite a while actually.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Wow DC is screwing things up royally with their Zero issues, one big problem is Birds of Prey taking place ONE year prior to the new 52 start, contradicting Gail Simones Batgirl series completely by having Batgirl in it and her and Black Canary just meeting, when in issue one babs was just getting back into the superhero game, and a few issues later had known Dinah for years, and Dinah was glad Babs was up and walking.

Asked Gail about this all on twitter:

I mean Gail wants things to be more coordinated. What happened with BOP just ruined a lot of her run, including her first issue. And while many dont care for her run here, thats just rotten of whom ever set that up over in the BOP office to do even changing their own #1. I mean a lot of the zero issues are rewriting things that just happened. DC Comics is a huge huge mess.
    And there is also the whole Robin retcon by Scott Lobdell. Tim Drake was never Robin; he was always called Red Robin from the start. DC also took away the caption that read that the New 52 version of the Teen Titans was another incarnation of the team in the upcoming Teen Titans trade.

DC is making all this up as they go along. There is no plan.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

wow is it really that bad with DC? Pretty soon they will need a reboot to undo the mess they are making with the reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    DC is making all this up as they go along. There is no plan.
    That was clear from the start. There was no great, well though out plan. There were some editors with ideas and they brought in the writers and artists who could get 3 issues in the can ASAP.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I've more or less given up. I haven't read an issue since some time in July. I'd been trying to stay relevant at least with Batman & family, but the changes are becoming more of a hindrance - to me, at least.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'm a Val-Pal.
    And no matter how well they are doing sales wise numbers are still dropping, what happens this time next year or say in two years and numbers are back to pre-reboot levels I mean look at the drops across the board listed here:

http://www.comicsbeat.com/2012/09/10...s-july-2012-2/

'As the last few months’ worth of figures have shown, retailers are still catching up with quickly dropping sales on the “New 52″ books. This trend continued in July. There are 16 “New 52″ titles selling fewer than 20,000 units this month. In April, just before six of the initial ones were axed, it was 17, and one of the ones that replaced them in May has already dropped below 15,000 units with its third issue. And the novelty of “more Watchmen comics,” which is masking much of these trends right now, is unlikely to work for a second time; it didn’t even work much for a second month, from the look of things.'

167 - CAPTAIN ATOM
    09/2011: Captain Atom #1 -- 44,110 [51,314]
    10/2011: Captain Atom #2 -- 38,309 (-13.2%)
    11/2011: Captain Atom #3 -- 26,829 (-30.0%)
    12/2011: Captain Atom #4 -- 19,908 (-25.8%)
    01/2012: Captain Atom #5 -- 17,437 (-12.4%)
    02/2012: Captain Atom #6 -- 15,220 (-12.7%)
    03/2012: Captain Atom #7 -- 13,738 (- 9.7%)
    04/2012: Captain Atom #8 -- 13,001 (- 5.4%)
    05/2012: Captain Atom #9 -- 12,264 (- 5.7%)
    06/2012: Captain Atom #10 -- 11,546 (- 5.9%)
    07/2012: Captain Atom #11 -- 11,041 (- 4.4%)
    ----------------
    6 months: -36.7%

Cancelled in September, along with three other “New 52″ titles, Voodoo, Resurrection Man and Justice League International. That makes for a total of 10 axed “New 52″ books, less than a year in. And there are 13 more which are already selling fewer than 20,000 units per month each.

—–

The numbers are not looking good for the new 52.
    Last edited by Mermista; September 22, 2012 at 01:34pm.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

That is what they get for canning two of the three comics I was getting.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    I don't read BOP, but that is definitely annoying about the Batgirl continuity errors already. I don't know, from what I've been reading of the new 52:

Batgirl is fantastic. I am one of those diehard Babs fans who while loving Oracle was always eager to see her return. I'm definitely enjoying every issue.

Batman is fantastic. Scott Snyder is quickly becoming one of my favorite Batman writers. Court/ Night of the Owls seems destined to go down as one of the greatest Batman stories ever.

Detective has been fairly forgetable, but I'm hoping things change next month. We'll see.

I'm enjoying JLA and the Shazam backup story. It's a fun team up book with some great art and solid writing. I actually look forward to Shazam more than JLA, however.

Catwoman is enjoyable, mostly just because Catwoman is always a fun character. She's a sexy antihero that always gets in and out of trouble. What's not to like? The 0 issue was a little bizarre, but it could turn into something interesting.

Aquaman, to me, perhaps best illustrates what the New 52 needed to do. I now care about Aquaman, a character I was pretty ambivalent about before. It feels different enough from what came before and has its own mythology to it.

Suicide Squad is still fun, even though I didn't care for the 0 issue.

Batwoman is one of the single best comics I read every month. Beautiful art, composition, and storytelling. This one really doesn't feel like a reboot, though, but a continuation of the previous series Batwoman stories, which were amazing as well.

The 0 issues definitely introduced some weird continuity issues, though. I like individual parts of the Batman 0's, but there were plenty of parts that threw me off. Especially all the things dealing with the Robins.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Well the one thing I really liked from *sigh* #0 Month is Christy Marx's take on Amethyst in Sword of Sorcery. Art by Aaron Lopresti of course makes it extra awesome, loved his work on Wonder Woman pre-reboot. His talents are better suited to this then JLI for sure, especially when you see the secret fantasy world visuals, total Etheria vibes . Only plot setup I didn't like was Constantine having to shove his way into the story at the end just because this is technically part of the magic world of DC and she's set to cameo in Justice League Nights..er um..Dark!

Green Lantern #0....No...you *******s...you finally went there! 9-11 happened in this rebooted continuity ! Because this "Universe" started 5 years ago, there apparently was NO SUPERHERO close by to stop them at the time. No Super Man. Wonder Woman was still on Paradise Island, or still sulking about in the UK perhaps. No other Green Lantern on hand with their micro-cannon still connected to pre-N52 cannon. Not even any of DC's bafflingly numerous shadow government programs were formed before to stop it....***!?!?!??!?!??? Do this offend anyone else besides me? Not because they shoved in real-world events into the DCU (proof that they want to be Marvel) but, well, Super Hero comics were a needed escape from all that. When it happened back then, that's when the world outside High School for me seem even more unpleasant then usual, it's why since the early 90s did I take up Super Hero comics again, particularly DC after reading Watchmen for the first time, and of course Alex Ross' Kingdom Come. I'd like to go to a world where that would have never happened with Superman around. Really feel like DC's going out of it's way to alienate fans who've supported them prior. I now feel for other older fans who feel like the big two publishers don't want their money anymore.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Bwahahahaha, this made my day! Oddly appropriate too since DC want's to be all hyper gritty like Marvel usually is. All that's missing is Booster Gold since he apparently got wiped from existence, in that insult-to-injury Justice League International Annual!

I bought and read various DC for years, and continued with the New 52, but recently stopped due to finance and some lack of interest (though I still keep up on news thanks to some podcasts). Currently, the only DC book I regulary buy is Morrison's "Batman INC"

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    That image cracks me up. Who's 'nakeder' - is that Catwoman?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    That image cracks me up. Who's 'nakeder' - is that Catwoman?
    I think so. It's probably because of her infamous first issue where she sleeps with Batman on the roof...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think so. It's probably because of her infamous first issue where she sleeps with Batman on the roof...
    And then of course you had Bruce screwing that reporter lady in the first issue of Detective Comics.

The only one I'm still keeping up with is the Dark Knight....but it still really bothers me that they all the sudden ended the wonderland story mid stream to do the quick owl tie in and now have moved on to the Scarecrow. I wish they'd bring back the White Rabbit and follow her down the rabbit hole.....would like to see where they were taking Bruce.