Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    I'm still only reading the Green Lantern oriented stuff.
    Did you hear that the entire family of comics are wrapping up their runs and all of the writers are leaving:

http://comicsbeat.com/all-the-green-...is-in-the-air/

Also anyone getting the Justice League of America #1 bundle pack this week that contains all of the covers for $145.00??

I am, thats a huge savings not to mention when you add in a ten percent discount. Full cover on these issues all 54 would be:

$215.46

in the bundle its $145.00

With my in store discount thats $130.50

Well plus my regular pull list of $68 for the week so before tax I am looking at roughly $190.70

EDIT:

Okay I thought it was 54 covers the standard US Flag cover and 53 variants but I am only finding it solicited with the standard and 52 covers, any one know if there is a seperate 54th cover??
    Last edited by Mermista; February 18, 2013 at 05:59pm.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Did you hear that the entire family of comics are wrapping up their runs and all of the writers are leaving:

http://comicsbeat.com/all-the-green-...is-in-the-air/

Also anyone getting the Justice League of America #1 bundle pack this week that contains all of the covers for $145.00??

I am, thats a huge savings not to mention when you add in a ten percent discount. Full cover on these issues all 54 would be:

$215.46

in the bundle its $145.00

With my in store discount thats $130.50

Well plus my regular pull list of $68 for the week so before tax I am looking at roughly $190.70

EDIT:

Okay I thought it was 54 covers the standard US Flag cover and 53 variants but I am only finding it solicited with the standard and 52 covers, any one know if there is a seperate 54th cover??
    I'm getting a better deal.

4 bucks.

No idea why I'd want more than 1 copy of the same comic...

I'm a Val-Pal.
    lol true heh. that is a better deal. I wonder though how sales for this month will be in two months when figures are released.

I mean wow all of DC Comics are sagging bad. even Catwoman, who was tied into DOTF is doing bad with the cross over even. all Bat titles I know will drop back down to pre-dotf numbers once the new numbers are released.

I just hope Batwoman is included in a cross over soon so it gets a sales boost. But thing is about Batwoman her numbers are remaining at a very nice level even without being in a single cross over yet with the other Bat-books.

And as I say on Twitter, with the sagging sales of Worlds finest and the return of Power Girls classic outfit, they somehow need to bring back Helena Bertinelli sooner rather than later.

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'll be surprised if they kill him. I think they're hinting at it too hard for it to be anything but a red herring.

I actually think BATMAN AND ROBIN might be the best book of the nu52 right now. And the Annual from a week or so ago was just a terrific comic.
    That annual was the one new DC single I bought this year aside from Batman Inc, so I agree with that statement. I may have to pick up the Batman and Robin trades.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    That annual was the one new DC single I bought this year aside from Batman Inc, so I agree with that statement. I may have to pick up the Batman and Robin trades.
    Its been a really good book. Tomasi has done a terrific job exploring the relationship between Bruce and Damian - and Alfred as well.

New Green Lantern staff announced

Green Lantern

Venditti, who recently took over as the writer of Demon Knights for DC, will be joined by Tan on the main title, taking over for the celebrated creative team of Johns and Doug Mankhe

Green Lantern Corps

Joshua Hale Fialkov (I, Vampire) takes over as writer, with Bernard Chang (Demon Knights) on art.

Red Lanterns

Fialkov will also be penning this title, with Alessandro Vitti (Secret Warriors, Avengers Arena) providing art.

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Justin Jordan (Team 7, Deathstroke) will now be at the helm of this series, joined by artist Brad Walker (Action Comics).

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/0...#ixzz2LTPGHUYA
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Got Threshold: The Hunted issues #1 & #2 today.

The main story is okay and it is nice to see Blue Beetle in issue 2, but it is basically a ripoff of The Running Man , Death Race, Hunger Games (any movie where people hunt or are hunted for peoples amusement)

The Larfleeze story on the other-hand is a real blast. It's exciting, amusing, interesting and just great fun to read.

It is obvious that when Jaime wakes up and resumes control of the scarab he is going to end up working with Caul and the other Hunted contestants / victims

oh and could someone explain why the 2 issues, which were released in Jan and Feb respectively have March and April on their covers?
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 20, 2013 at 04:02pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

I know some the month that is on the issue is actually when the title is supposed to be removed, not when it's actually to be put out. This for magazines at least, not sure if it was the same for comics.

- - - Updated - - -

I know some the month that is on the issue is actually when the title is supposed to be removed, not when it's actually to be put out. This for magazines at least, not sure if it was the same for comics.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm getting a better deal.

4 bucks.

No idea why I'd want more than 1 copy of the same comic...
    And I just read it.

I'm really glad I only have 1 copy of the comic...

Didn't the whole multiple covers thing (and a few other things of course) almost kill the industry back in the 90s? I understand doing it occasionally, and I understand some retailers getting a special promotional one? But 54 different covers?

I'm a Val-Pal.
    OMG OMG Batwoman 17 finally wraps up the 17-plus month storyline nicely and with THREE major surprises talk about awesome.

Spoilers......

Spoilers

spoilers

you've been warned.

Spoilers

Okay first once the chilren are saved and BW and WW part ways.

Batwoman with the children in tow approach Maggie Sawyer, Kate Kanes girlfriend.

Maggie asks if thats all the children, to which Batwoman remarks. 'Yes Mags"

Maggie goes what did you call me??

Batwoman grabs Maggie, and asks her to marry her then kisses her.

To a very shocked Maggies surprise.

Spoilers

A egyptian like Coffin is shown on the next page slowly opens and reveals.....

Alice.

Shes being talked to by someone......calls her by her real name 'Beth'. Tells her to let the medicine take affect etc she says my names Alice......

Last page its bones.

To which he says to Alice. ........

"Oh i know who you are, you have our sisters eyes."

So talk about wicked Batwoman Alice and Bones are sister, sister and brother

A proposal, a return and a HUGE reveal....

I wish Batwoman was double shipped

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Scott Clark is dead at 43.

I liked his work on Stormwatch when it first came out back in 1992. I don't know what illness or condition that he had.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Power Girl is back in the good costume.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Another dead Robin? Oh Man, Alan Moore was right about comic industry regurgitating itself with same stories every 15 years
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

a few things wrong with that

1. It has been done before so not very original
    2. Despite not being a Batman fan or collector I actually do like Damian Wayne

Most important of all (at least for me) and I apologize for my language but

3. HE'S ****ING TEN YEARS OLD. WHAT KIND OF SICK ASS BLOODY WRITER THINKS IT IS OK TO KILL A TEN YEAR OLD KID?

Oh and don't give me it is realistic or edgy or whatever ******** reason. I know just about all comic book deaths are done for shock value but killing a child is just beyond sick. Oh and yes I am aware that it will probably be retconned or he will come back to life (probably using his grandfathers lazarus pits or something) but that doesn't excuse how down right bloody evil this idea is.

Now this does not **** me off like killing Ultimate Peter Parker did or making Doc Ock the new spidey but...still...

What is this? Some other new way to make Batman all dark and moody? I mean if the recent Death of the Family story arc hadn't done that I don't know what will, but killing his son...

Two words. Lazarus pit.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I don't recall Jason age from "Death in the Family", but yes, killing a 10 year old boy is going beyond grim & gritty. Even in 1989 "DitF" Joker panels hitting Jason with the crowbar and then with his hand soaked in blood was quite gruesome.
    Grant Morrison already wrote a single story in Batman 666 where Damien is Batman in the future and he is pretty much immortal due to a devil's pact or something.

I kinda miss DC from Mark Waid run on Flash (no pun intended) and Kingdom Come, where he actually took a stand against the gratuitous violence and murdering spree.
    I actually miss DC
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

ya killing Robin would be fine if it wasn't for the fact he is only ten. That is what disgusts me most of all as I am totally against killing children. Just because kids do die in real life doesn't mean it should be in comics, they are called an "escape from reality" for a reason.

Seriously except for a few good comics a lot of them are either just boring, stupid or in this case BLOODY SICK MINDED

I don't even care that he's 10. Its callous, but kids can die too.

What I object to is getting rid of one of the most interesting characters in the DC Universe right now.

I crack up at other message boards, people are still ripping apart the old Batgirls (Steph and Cass) saying Babs is the one true, only Batgirl, and the others are inferior, while touting how great the current run is doing. How it is in the high 50k or 60k. I keep bringing it up, its only falsely inflated due to Snyder's cross over and that it'll drop back down to where it was before running close neck and neck with Batwoman. They don't see it as every single issue is dropping and that Batgirl's numbers will return to where they were before this last cross over.

Honestly truth be told Steph and Cassandras stories were leaps and bounds better than the current Batgirl, I just feel it's only name recognition of Babs being Batgirl again and then with Gail Simone attached. I mean its a decent series, not nothing thats stellar, I personally would prefer Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown back and think it is rotten that DC Comics feels they are to toxic for comics.
    Last edited by MOTUfan; February 26, 2013 at 08:38pm.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    They don't see it as every single issue is dropping and that Batgirl's numbers will return to where they were before this last cross over.
    Last I saw of the numbers from Diamond (a couple months ago, I think), virtually ALL of the DC titles' sales are dropping over the long haul. I don't recall seeing any that had shown an increase for the 6 month or yearly averages, or even remained steady.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Two words. Lazarus pit.
    How about some characters just STAY DEAD?! DC's constant death and resurrection of characters is completely idiotic just as much as their attempts to 'fix' continuity have to be some stupid massive cross over events that erase the history readers have known and supposedly creates a new universe.

The 'New 52' could have been brought in as the mainstream DC continuity without having to do that stupid flashpoint crossover where Barry Allen running around through the time line changes the entire universe drastically.

Since they basically keep creating new multiverses every five years, it'd be more logical to just shift the focus of the titles to a new universe instead of stupid galactic crisis events. How many god-beings are supposedly out there to destroy the multiverse for the sake of nothing more than just to destroy?

And, back to Damian Wayne/Robin, yes it has been done before. Wait six months, he will return from the lazarus pit, like you said, as the next Red Hood or something.

The New 52 isn't completely bad, but there are many parts that border on stupidity. I only see the New 52 having a finite existence until DC dreams up the next great big retcon crisis to make everything new again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Grant Morrison already wrote a single story in Batman 666 where Damien is Batman in the future and he is pretty much immortal due to a devil's pact or something.

It's DC comics. They'll retcon that out of existence whenever they feel like it.

The only very good that DC are putting out are the Batman Beyond/Superman Beyond/Justice League Beyond, Smallville Season 11 and the Masters of the Universe titles for me. Young Justice was one I pick up in back issues and enjoy it, but of course it has to get canceled.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    I crack up at other message boards, people are still ripping apart the old Batgirls (Steph and Cass) saying Babs is the one true, only Batgirl, and the others are inferior, while touting how great the current run is doing. How it is in the high 50k or 60k. I keep bringing it up, its only falsely inflated due to Snyder's cross over and that it'll drop back down to where it was before running close neck and neck with Batwoman. They don't see it as every single issue is dropping and that Batgirl's numbers will return to where they were before this last cross over.

Honestly truth be told Steph and Cassandras stories were leaps and bounds better than the current Batgirl, I just feel it's only name recognition of Babs being Batgirl again and then with Gail Simone attached. I mean its a decent series, not nothing thats stellar, I personally would prefer Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown back and think it is rotten that DC Comics feels they are to toxic for comics.
    Betty Kane is the one, true, only Batgirl. (I kid, I kid. I'm a big Cassie fan myself)