Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950
Results 1,226 to 1,237 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    What is up with the message saying you are leaving .org every time I click on something now?

Anyway, I am pretty much done with them. They killed of Damian, who was the only character left that was at all interesting. The only comic I am getting these days is Beyond Unlimited.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    What is up with the message saying you are leaving .org every time I click on something now?

Anyway, I am pretty much done with them. They killed of Damian, who was the only character left that was at all interesting. The only comic I am getting these days is Beyond Unlimited.
    Batman Inc for me. Between that ending, getting the Batman and Robin trades, and Geoff Johns leaving the main Green Lantern books, I think I'm done with DC for the forseeable future. Other then that, I still get Marvel's Savage Wolverine and whatever Cavewoman books come out (you can see a trend in my tastes).

Wow.

It sounds HORRIBLE over at DC...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/the-...-conflict.html

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Just excuses.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Wow, been pretty well ignoring the New 52 as much as I can, so I'm really late to the party on a lot of this. Sounds like a fun place to work these days.

Having ignored a lot of this, I just a few minutes ago found out about the Joker now being leatherface. If one thing has struck me as being emblematic of everything I saw wrong when I tried some of the new stuff, this is it. I haven't yet been able to gather an actual reason for him doing so (Joker is crazy, but he always has an internal logic under a competent writer). And now he is wearing his face strapped to his head? And apparently he can actually talk, even though any word with a b, p, m, f, or v would now be impossible for him pronounce. Stupid shock value with no thought as to the consequences it would have, the very definition of the creative bankruptcy I've often mentioned.

One of the most recognized villains in the world turned into a pathetic knockoff of Leatherface. If nothing else, that will make a lovely figure on the toy shelves in Mattel's retail line for the parents and kids to supposedly pick up...

Wow. Just...wow.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Wow Batwwoman only lost 660 readers/sales

And ouch Batgirl lost 14,074 readers/sales

Between the last two months.

http://comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-mont...r-comparisons/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Betty Kane is the one, true, only Batgirl. (I kid, I kid. I'm a big Cassie fan myself)
    Seriously though she was the very first Batgirl, even with the hyphen she was first. After all batman was originally called Bat-Man people like to use the hyphen as a way to claim Barbara was the first when it was really Betty Kane.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

So Superboy is the clone of the future son of Superman and Lois Lane

I like it, it is a nice twist and makes a change from him being part Lex. Also it makes me wonder if, if and when Superman becomes aware of this if he will have some parental feelings towards Kon-El ?
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

With the new movie coming out I decided to give the Superman reboot a second shot. So I bought the first volume of 52 Superbooks as a trade.
    I also bought MOTU #2 as I wasn't even aware it existed. I've been away from comics for awhile (Space issues.), and so I remember when 52 started
    looking at the rebooted Superman book, and not liking some of the changes. I got that they wanted to make the story inbetween his Superboy days, and
    his Superman days. But a lot of what he did was out of character. The guy at the comic store told me though that as a Superman fan I'd probably like
    the story several issues in because it gets better. He also said it goes up, and down quality wise. I'm sure the behind the scenes stuff is probably why.
    From what other fans in the store said, pretty much Aquaman, and Wonder Woman have been consistently good, everything else is either ok most of the time
    (Batman, Superman, JLA, Flash), and that a lot of the other stuff has been getting pretty bad. Hawkman being the worst of the bunch. Granted it's fan opinion
    from like 8 people. But there's some anecdotal evidence. I REALLY hope these Superman stories get better though. I really don't want to have to feel like Spidey fans
    did with the clone saga storylines, and (God help me if it gets this bad) One More Day.
    The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

I'm a Val-Pal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Have you heard the news?

Read only if you don't care about New 52 universe anymore...

Why?
    Yes pretty much a kill shot shown from several angles including blood splatter from several angles.

I wrote an article on it for Bleeding cool. I am hoping that it isnt a cheap fake death. Even though Catwoman is solicited for several of her own books they do not say Selina Kyle only Catwoman.

So if indeed this is Selina's death, it went down great, with no spoilers no USA Today article nothing. It was a great death issue, I mean a villain captures the heroine, and instead of blah blah blah and heroine escapes, he kills her, point blank head shot.

That is a true villain, and gives us what comics needs, believability, and true death. I mean it is tiring and sad when death is not permanent in comics, Selina sadly should die and it be a consequence of the lives they lead.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/01/catwoman/

ALSO.............

DC Villains Month.

This is worse than Zero month was.

We are getting a total of 52 titles BUT where I was hoping they would be one for every title wrong, its horrible its only for:

Batman
    Batman: The Dark Knight
    Detective Comics
    Batman and Robin
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Green Lantern
    The Flash
    Wonder Woman
    Aqua Man
    Green Arrow
    Swamp Thing
    Teen Titans
    Earth 2
    Superman/Batman

I even chatted yesterday to JH Williams III on twitter who was going to have a Killer Croc villains issue in Batwoman but the higher ups said no.

I think this is a HUGE mistake not branding for each of the 52 titles individually and having say Batgirls story with the ventriloquist in one of the Batman books, this will only help the sales of the above 17 titles, and not the entire line of 52 books.

Horrible idea!!!

http://mayhemcomicsia.tumblr.com/pos...lains-month-1s

So for the month of September technically only 16 titles are moving forward with sotires, and point issues on top of that something DC said they would never do in the past.

So a huge chunk have a month break until their stories continue in October Including Batwoman

Not good at all.
    Last edited by Mermista; June 5, 2013 at 03:51pm.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Not looking good at all for any of the DC Comics books all have been rapidly slipping in sales across the board. Including the critically acclaimed Batwoman sadly:

http://comicsbeat.com/dc-comics-mont...va-el-vertigo/

73 - BATWOMAN
    05/2012: Batwoman #9 -- 43,942 (- 3.1%)
    06/2012: Batwoman #10 -- 41,014 (- 6.7%)
    07/2012: Batwoman #11 -- 38,980 (- 5.0%)
    08/2012: Batwoman #12 -- 38,064 (- 2.4%)
    09/2012: Batwoman #0 -- 41,684 (+ 9.5%)
    10/2012: Batwoman #13 -- 37,315 (-10.5%)
    11/2012: Batwoman #14 -- 36,395 (- 2.5%)
    12/2012: Batwoman #15 -- 34,964 (- 3.9%)
    01/2013: Batwoman #16 -- 34,103 (- 2.5%)
    02/2013: Batwoman #17 -- 32,041 (- 6.1%)
    03/2013: Batwoman #18 -- 31,381 (- 2.1%)
    04/2013: Batwoman #19 -- 31,538 (+ 0.5%)
    05/2013: Batwoman #20 -- 29,698 (- 5.8%)
    ----------------
    6 months: -18.4%
    1 year : -32.4%

Special variant in April, back in decline in May.

Though a very cool cover for issue #24

Also Harley Quinn is getting an ongoing series this fall and going to be still included in Suicide Squad.

UGH!!!!

I just wish other missed characters like Cassandra Cain would get a chance at returning to DC Comics one day. I cringe at this weeks Comic Con, all of the hopeful cosplayers asking about Cass Cain and Steph Brown, and DC Comics canned responses will be ready, 'no plans at this time, every character could potentially be brought back, we are just waiting for the right moment etc etc.'
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermista View Post
    Yes pretty much a kill shot shown from several angles including blood splatter from several angles.

I wrote an article on it for Bleeding cool. I am hoping that it isnt a cheap fake death. Even though Catwoman is solicited for several of her own books they do not say Selina Kyle only Catwoman.

So if indeed this is Selina's death, it went down great, with no spoilers no USA Today article nothing. It was a great death issue, I mean a villain captures the heroine, and instead of blah blah blah and heroine escapes, he kills her, point blank head shot.

That is a true villain, and gives us what comics needs, believability, and true death. I mean it is tiring and sad when death is not permanent in comics, Selina sadly should die and it be a consequence of the lives they lead.
    Deaths in a storyline have to serve a purpose for the overall story; I haven't read the issue in question, or seen what comes next, but given the comic industry's the past couple decades, it's more likely a cheap stunt than a well though out story. Look to the deaths of Gwen Stacy or Jean Grey, the death of the Flash in Crisis, Tara's death in New Teen Titans, or even such secondary characters as some of the Legionnaires who died in the line of duty. Those deaths had repercussions for the characters and the stories that followed. Simply killing someone because "it's dangerous and people die" is the sort of lazy writing that has become the trademark of today's event driven comics. Simply killing a character so they can replace them with a new, hip version has rarely worked, and if Selina is dead, that's doubtless the route they are taking here. Given how quickly I (and according to my comic shop owner, a number of other DC fans) am dropping the new 52 off my list, I have little reason to think this will lead to a good story in the end.

The death of a major character is supposed to be a turning point that propels a particular story forward, not just a stunt resorted to by creatively exhausted writers and editors, as is too often the case these days.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Deaths in a storyline have to serve a purpose for the overall story; I haven't read the issue in question, or seen what comes next, but given the comic industry's the past couple decades, it's more likely a cheap stunt than a well though out story. Look to the deaths of Gwen Stacy or Jean Grey, the death of the Flash in Crisis, Tara's death in New Teen Titans, or even such secondary characters as some of the Legionnaires who died in the line of duty. Those deaths had repercussions for the characters and the stories that followed. Simply killing someone because "it's dangerous and people die" is the sort of lazy writing that has become the trademark of today's event driven comics. Simply killing a character so they can replace them with a new, hip version has rarely worked, and if Selina is dead, that's doubtless the route they are taking here. Given how quickly I (and according to my comic shop owner, a number of other DC fans) am dropping the new 52 off my list, I have little reason to think this will lead to a good story in the end.

The death of a major character is supposed to be a turning point that propels a particular story forward, not just a stunt resorted to by creatively exhausted writers and editors, as is too often the case these days.
    Supposedly it was the Martian Manhunter posing as Selina, we didn't buy the issue and dropped the series after this stunt. Mermista and I are still hoping that DC Comics announces a few good things at SDCC, like maybe the return of a few fan favorite characters that got shafted thanks to the reboot, but we aren't holding our breathes.

We both have given up on ever seeing Cassandra Cain in the regular DC Universe. It just seems outside of maybe two or three titles that DC just isnt good anymore, I mean we dropped every bat title now except for Batman due to the zero year thing, Batgirl and Batwoman, we aren't buying any others. as for the rest of the DCU. Well we decided to try out the Trinity War thing, we arent bothering with this whole Villians month and will be taking the full month of September off from DC Comics as there aren't any Batgirl or Batwoman Villains month issues being released.

We only collect X-Men, Cable/X-Force and Fearless Defenders over at Marvel, we dropped Avengers Arena as we are 99 percent sure that X-23 will die ugh. unless she already has and we just missed it.

Todays Red Sonja was excellent though through Dynamite lol.