Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

I just got to see new Captain Cold's costume and depressed me.
    I always thought that Cold required an update, but they went on the worst design possible; and he's one of the DC characters that have a true potential as a great menace.
    C'mon, the name implies it "Captain Cold". It can be some sort Cobra Commander like costume; but instead they went with some hideous sort of 90's rapper outfit.

I feel pretty much the same with Powergirl's outfit, but Cold was a complete disappointment
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab - whitespyders(

My feedback thread

Im hoping DC does something to revitalize their comics again as all sales are slipping still. Im so bored with it I still have #1 issues to read of these comics. Maybe out of them all five interest me, and sales locally are dwindling fast, comic retailers are saying the new 52 will likely be rebooted again by next year. Have any of you heard any similar rumblings in your areas??
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Since DC rebooted their website recently - did they get rid of their forums?
    I can't find them anywhere.
    Also - where are other good websites to discuss the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Since DC rebooted their website recently - did they get rid of their forums?
    I can't find them anywhere.
    Also - where are other good websites to discuss the comics?
    I think the forums are gone for good. The new DC website is similar to their new logo imo; an awful replacement for something that didn't need replacing. I only go to their site for the 3 blogs, but the new design makes even that a pain. I also miss the layout they used to have for new releases where it was listed by week.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Warrior
    there's only so many times you can re-tell the same stories over and over again. Young Justice just had an epsidoe that was similair to a justice leauge episode. My first thought was, wait a minute, didn't I see this already?

would they survive another reboot so soon?
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

The problem isn't retelling the same stories over and over, it's retelling the same stories to the same aging readers over and over. The stories are new to new and young readers. They do realize this in some regards the problem is the way they are going about it is all wrong. This is why I have pushed for them to do 5 years of the world then reboot it,You don't have to tell the same stories but then you aren't just locked into years of continuity that are often just as much a hindrance as they are a boon.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I have to say, they need to do something, outside of Resurrection Main, Aquaman and Wonder Woman, their storeis are starting to bore me. I just dropped Demon Knights because I could barely make it through the fifth issue. I am about ready to drop JLDark, Detective Comics, and New Guardians because nothing seems to be happening. Lastly, Superman better get good again with issue 7 because I was going to drop it u ntil I realized he was fighting Helspont on the cover. Come to think of it, I think the only series I am still getting are Detective Comics, Justice league, JL Dark, Resurrection Man, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Superman, New Guardians, and Voodoo. That is 9 series out of 52, pretty bad since I started out getting 37 series after the first issues.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

nothing happening is a problem in general, not even with comics. Look at how many TV series etc are built around the whole idea of character development but not plot yet when you stop and think about it nothing has developed in several episodes. Just because you have a lot of dialogue doesn't mean you are telling a story or it's really all the character driven, it just means you have lots of dialogue. The other problem is the cliffhanger issue, it seems everything has to be left on a cliffhanger now instead of telling a complete story.

Also I thought they said they weren't writing for the trade anymore, most of the stuff still very much feels like it's written that way.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

When are the first trades supposed to be coming out anyway? Don't they come out after every 5 issues?

Speaking of which, when is Batman Earth 1 and Wonder Woman Earth 1 coming out?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Batman Earth 1 is coming out this year - around the time the movie is released, probably. They've not mentioned a Wonder Woman Earth 1.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

I'm sure the people who didn't like Wonder Woman's new costume or the fact that she was fathered by Zeus all along will really hate the latest retcon in today's Wonder Woman #7.

The Amazons have sex with sailors & kill them when they are done. The reason why there are only females on Paradise Island is because the boys have been forced into slavery to make weapons.

Azzarello's take on Wonder Woman may fit with the brutality of Greek Mythology, but I'm not liking it at all. I always thought of Wonder Woman as a female Superman; an incredibly strong hero who cares about humanity as much as defeating villains. This new Wonder Woman who chops the arms off of fleeing villains and whose adventures are bleak & depressing is definitely not my cup of tea.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Y'know I'm really torn about Azzarello's WW, on one hand it seems to have far more ambition then that utterly pointless JMS Odyssey whatever, that HE ABANDONED before even finishing it just cause Superman Earth 1 printed money for DC, and dressing her as Trinity from the Matrix movies. But man is this bold of him, I mean it's like we're looking at Marston apocrypha here, telling us to forget everything we were supposed to believe about the DCU Amazons/Greek Mythos. I mean when he was selling this as a "horror" comic, it now seems the "horror" is how he's gonna grim & gritty-fy everything. As much as I hate to admit that I'm hooked for the time being...I miss that upbeat compassionate Diana Gail Simone wrote, who not only wrote the best WW IMHO (a woman is best suited to write Wonder Woman..how novel!), but not ashamed to embrace the more oddball aspects of her world, even showing her Mother the Queen explaining the esoteric meanings to her "star-spangled swimsuit" and I got into that. Which was why I was so livid about that overrated hack Jim Lee throwing that world building into the dumpster when he got to re-design her without having any involvement to her up to that point other then maybe drawing her in some other books she happened to be in. It really bugged me how he was at first doing WIldstorm 90s BS then just weaseled into the main stuff after the MMO, then shoved all the 90s Wildstorm crap into the DCU....because apperently we've been clamoring for Superman to fight Supreme or whatever. And I remember a crossover (non-cannon book) where Zealot kills Batman , that's bold seeing how HOLY a cash cow Batman is!!
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Honestly, I think this is the best incarnation of WW I have ever seen. I am not a WW fan at all, and this new series and the animated movie are making me one.

I actually dropped Wonder Woman now for the first time since I'd been collecting it in the mid 90's. I met my husband in a Wonder Woman group. I have friends from Wonder woman fandom for over ten years, but this last misogynistic development is the last straw. Now the Amazons are rapists and murderers. Diana, a supposed avatar of truth with the Wisdom of Athena, is so stupid, she can't tell her own people have been lying to her all her life. Somehow, she grew up into a moral person from this culture of hatred and violence.

And the myths about Amazons being blood thristy warriors who killed off male babies and cut off their breasts - those are misogynistic tales told by men as a warning to women to be submissive. Interesting that out of all the myths, DC should go with the most sexist, barbaric, cynical and dark ones for their *own* canon. They've taken the light out of this character. You wouldn't see them make Superman or Batman's parent nazis. There is no wonder here. I wish they would just make the Xena comic book they are obviously dying to make.

It's very telling that the only Wonder Woman book a lot of male fans will read and enjoy is one that scrubs any trace of positivie feminine influences and presents a character who is Wonder Woman in name and visage only. Wonder Woman isn't Xena or Red Sonja. She actually used to be somethnig special.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I actually dropped Wonder Woman now for the first time since I'd been collecting it in the mid 90's. I met my husband in a Wonder Woman group. I have friends from Wonder woman fandom for over ten years, but this last misogynistic development is the last straw. Now the Amazons are rapists and murderers. Diana, a supposed avatar of truth with the Wisdom of Athena, is so stupid, she can't tell her own people have been lying to her all her life. Somehow, she grew up into a moral person from this culture of hatred and violence.

And the myths about Amazons being blood thristy warriors who killed off male babies and cut off their breasts - those are misogynistic tales told by men as a warning to women to be submissive. Interesting that out of all the myths, DC should go with the most sexist, barbaric, cynical and dark ones for their *own* canon. They've taken the light out of this character. You wouldn't see them make Superman or Batman's parent nazis. There is no wonder here. I wish they would just make the Xena comic book they are obviously dying to make.

It's very telling that the only Wonder Woman book a lot of male fans will read and enjoy is one that scrubs any trace of positivie feminine influences and presents a character who is Wonder Woman in name and visage only. Wonder Woman isn't Xena or Red Sonja. She actually used to be somethnig special.
    One thing I wanna know is why is Wonder Woman cool NOW? I've always been a WW fan, so I didn't need Azzarello and Chaing's take on her to make me like her (although I do like their "God of War" take on WW). What is happening NOW that wasn't going on then? Were people turned off by the toga wearing gods or the peace-loving warrior women?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    One thing I wanna know is why is Wonder Woman cool NOW? I've always been a WW fan, so I didn't need Azzarello and Chaing's take on her to make me like her (although I do like their "God of War" take on WW). What is happening NOW that wasn't going on then? Were people turned off by the toga wearing gods or the peace-loving warrior women?
    The fact that the book isn't really about Wonder Woman. It's a story concieved about the Greek gods, and Wonder Woman has been plugged into it. There's not a lot of characterization gonig on for her, and they have basically rid her of all of her previous supporting cast. What's going on is that it's not Wonder Woman any more, but Warrior Woman.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

I've always felt She-Ra had more in common with Supergirl than Wonder Woman(female version of a popular hero with similar powers, taken from her planet of birth, etc), but this new Wonder Woman has one similarity with She-Ra. That were both raised around evil without realizing it.

Azzarello is another Garth Ennis or Warren Ellis imo. He obviously doesn't like superheroes and must twist them to meet his violent & dark storytelling tastes in order to work in the genre. Unfortunately in a DCU where the Joker has his face cut off, he doesn't seem as out of place as he might have in the past.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Man, Justice League is just a horrible, horrible book. It feels like bad fan fiction written by a 13 year-old.

I'm down to about half a dozen titles - if that.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Man, Justice League is just a horrible, horrible book. It feels like bad fan fiction written by a 13 year-old.

I'm down to about half a dozen titles - if that.
    Hey, don't knock Geoff Johns! His thousands upon thousand of fans are going to come here and revitalize MOTUC!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Johns his hit or miss, I think he works better on solo titles then team titles. The first few issues Batman and Green Lantern sounded almost like the same character with one slight difference one was a headstrong jerk the other a untrusting loner jerk, who ends up trusting the headstrong jerk.

Justice League isn't Bendis bad yet IMO, but I'm still finding it hard to believe that this is the same guy who wrote JSA or is currently writing Aquaman & Green Lantern. As for the most recent issue, I did like seeing Steve Trevor being used. I also wouldn't mind seeing Gene Ha stay on the book. The Shazam backup wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I still don't like the costume. I'm also not sure how I feel about Billy Batson's personality going from Dic Grayson to Damien Wayne.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 22, 2012 at 07:41pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I've been away from comics for a while, but I decided to pick some of these up since they did the reboot.

I'm reading:
    Green Lantern
    JLA
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Supergirl
    Action Comics

So far I'm not really getting the "reboot" part. I was hoping they would start all over with a new backstory of they came to be. I was reading Green Lantern today, and if was not for the movie I wouldn't know much about Sinestro. It seems to me all they did was change the costumes a little bit and do a memory wipe where the heroes don't know each other.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I've been away from comics for a while, but I decided to pick some of these up since they did the reboot.

I'm reading:
    Green Lantern
    JLA
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Supergirl
    Action Comics

So far I'm not really getting the "reboot" part. I was hoping they would start all over with a new backstory of they came to be. I was reading Green Lantern today, and if was not for the movie I wouldn't know much about Sinestro. It seems to me all they did was change the costumes a little bit and do a memory wipe where the heroes don't know each other.
    Green Lantern & Batman books had little to no changes since they were already selling, but Superman's personality isn't entirely the same. As for JL, besides tossing out Martian Manhunter for Cyborg as a founding member, the team seems to be acting less like the tightly knit team of gods that they used to be. It seems to be closer to Bendis' Avengers but with more action and most members having a distinct personality.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Which once again proves my theory that DC wants to be Marvel (why else would they put in Cyborg as the new founding member aside from them needing to fill the black quota in a SH team)....but because Johns and Morrison print money for them they left their books alone while everything else gets an emergency "grim & gritty" injection. That issue of JLA where WW is introduced to the team with the DC Westberough Baptist knokoffs were protesting her with signs reading "Amazons go to Hell" made me cringe enough to never pick up that title. John's is clearly phoning that one in. Sad to hear about them adding a hoodie on Shazam and making him into another angsty brat just because they think their new target audience can't relate to cheerful optimism in their Super Hero comics.
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    (why else would they put in Cyborg as the new founding member aside from them needing to fill the black quota in a SH team)
    DC can't really win with that one. I'm a fan of Cyborg, but having him take J'Onn's spot as a JLA founder wasn't something I was happy about. If they didn't do that or have several comics featuring minorities or women as leads, they'd get trashed for only selling comics to white guys. Hell, they recently cancelled 3 titles featuring minorities since no one was buying them(for the record, I was) & they still got trashed for being "racist" by some.

....but because Johns and Morrison print money for them they left their books alone while everything else gets an emergency "grim & gritty" injection.
    I honestly think if DC was going for a reboot, it should have been across the board. Hal should have been shown getting his ring for the first time and Batman should have been shown getting his first sidekick. Having said that, since sales were already pretty good on those books, I can understand their not wanting to rock the boat.

JOIN THE GROUP...