Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

Part of the problem with a full on reboot is shelf space, DC doesn't want to give up shelf space because Marvel (specifically), Darkhorse, IDW, and then independents will put out something to cover those spots. Once they willingly give it up they may never get it back. The second problem is doing a full on reboot with 50-60 titles starting fresh is also a problem, team books would fit in awkwardly because they would by and large be composed to characters just being introduced in their own titles. You could get by with say an aging JSA, and Green Lantern Corps (of aliens), but most of the more recognizable teams wouldn't be around just yet. The exception of course would be start in the 'middle' of a character and not at the very first day (which really doing that with every character would be odd anyways... then one day all these super heroes showed up).

Marvel I think had a decent idea with the Ultimate universe, I do think they intended it in some way to take over more then it has.

What I think they should have done was started wrapping up and stagger it out. Have say about 15 titles wrapped up when they started the new DC, and have 15 titles take over at issue 1 starting the new DC. Then have other titles over the course of a year or two wrap up and then be replaced by the new DC. Make sure both are clearly marked, I wouldn't put out any limited series for old DC to make sure people aren't confused.

I realize I may have said some of that before, not sure if I had hear or not. But part of the reason I bring that up, it would have made inserting Cyborg into the Justice League a little smoother instead of this some stuff is there but not all which just causes more confusion. Also fans of the older stuff can at least say, it's the new DC. Whereas now it's the sorta new DC.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

So, did anyone notice that Etta Candy is skinny & "chocolate" now? They look like they might be setting her up for a romance again with Steve Trevor. I guess I'm one of the few who likes Steve Trevor to be Wonder Woman's Lois Lane.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    So I finally read JL 5-7 and I thought 5 and 6 were great. It was a great story arc to bring the team together, we got to see Darkseid already (and Steppenwolf looked awesome), but issue 7 was awful. Not to mention the artwork looked bad. I think I am going to drop JL now that the introductory storyline is over, as it does not seem like the Pandora story from the end of 6 is going to be coming up anytime soon.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Does anyone know if Jim Lee will be coming back as the regular artist? I hated the latest issue much do to the art. I will drop this title as well if Jim is no longer involved. I really have been enjoying the Teen Titans comic it is very fun and the art is fantastic. It reminds me of the comic Gen13 that I used to be obsessed with when I was a teenager. It has a great nostalgia factor to it, and there is something that is very charming and endearing about the whole book (I think it's the way the characters are drawn).

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Does anyone know if Jim Lee will be coming back as the regular artist? I hated the latest issue much do to the art. I will drop this title as well if Jim is no longer involved. I really have been enjoying the Teen Titans comic it is very fun and the art is fantastic. It reminds me of the comic Gen13 that I used to be obsessed with when I was a teenager. It has a great nostalgia factor to it, and there is something that is very charming and endearing about the whole book (I think it's the way the characters are drawn).
    Jim Lee is coming back, but I guess I'm in the minority since I liked Gene Ha's art a lot.

I like Teen Titans as well. I know some people hate it, but the sales are pretty good on it, so I'm hoping for a long run with the same creative team.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; March 24, 2012 at 02:49pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm a Val-Pal.
    DC is getting sickening fast, first the bait and swwitch in the Huntress mini series saying in Solicitations it was Helena Bertinelli then making it Wayne. Now the introduction of Harper in Batman. Sickening introducing a new character when they have awesome characters benched like Cassandra Cain, Stephanie Brown and Helena Bertinelli. Not to mention Donna Troy and Wally West, Raven Beast Boy etc outside of the batverse. We do not need new characters when we have better ones waiting in the wings to return. Also in regards to Cassandra and Stephanie I HOPE they keep their Batgirl history intact it will be rotten of DC if they do not, and another slap in the face to fans since they destroyed all of Babsgirls Oracle history.
    She-Ra rocks. For the honor of Grayskull.

Follow me and Dollie on Twitter:

@babsbatgirlfan
    @dolliebaby77
    My Husky Dollie's: @dolliebaby1977
    My comic news feed: @comicbookpost

Okay, so I picked up the Flashpoint trades the other day and have read through the Batman and most of the Superman one. You know what, screw the New 52, I want more comics set in the Flashpoint universe!!!! This is such a much more interesting take than the New 52. Aquaman is awesome in the New 52, but he is even more badass when he is a villian. Deathstroke as a pirate, genius (even if the story was not that intriguing). Lois Lane dead (with her magically changing wardrobe), HELL YEAH!!! Batman is Thomas and Joker as Martha, I want this for sure. There is so much I am loving about this reality that I wished it had stayed for more than 5 months.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Okay, so I picked up the Flashpoint trades the other day and have read through the Batman and most of the Superman one. You know what, screw the New 52, I want more comics set in the Flashpoint universe!!!! This is such a much more interesting take than the New 52. Aquaman is awesome in the New 52, but he is even more badass when he is a villian. Deathstroke as a pirate, genius (even if the story was not that intriguing). Lois Lane dead (with her magically changing wardrobe), HELL YEAH!!! Batman is Thomas and Joker as Martha, I want this for sure. There is so much I am loving about this reality that I wished it had stayed for more than 5 months.
    I loved the Azzarello/Risso Batman book. I didn't like much else.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Out of curiosity, I checked out the sales figures of the new DC; looks like there are some books that got a big boost and others that are settling down with numbers comparable to the sales before the re-boot. Interesting thing is, except for a couple of books, it looks like sales have been decreasing since the debut across the line, which I guess isn't unexpected (numbers usually drop from #1 sales), and it seems the drop is slowing down. It's still kind of early to establish a trend overall, but I think they would have hoped that, after an initial post premiere drop, sales would start inching up or at least stabilize. You can't keep losing sales every month indefinitely, and there seems to be a good number of titles that are basically back to where things started or worse. And a lot of the newer entries into the DCU like Grifter seem to be especially struggling.

Still, they've got several titles selling above 100,000, which is an improvement, especially if they stabilize there.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

DC simply needs to realize, the reason the sales went up is because of publicity. While I joke that I don't need hourly reminders that McDonald's exist, apparently a large part of the population actually does. Even more true with comics. People are amnesiacs when it comes to comics, if it isn't in their face all the time they forget they exist.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    So, did anyone notice that Etta Candy is skinny & "chocolate" now? They look like they might be setting her up for a romance again with Steve Trevor. I guess I'm one of the few who likes Steve Trevor to be Wonder Woman's Lois Lane.
    What does DC have against fat chicks?

First "The Wall" becomes "The Pole" and now Etta loses weight too?

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What does DC have against fat chicks?

First "The Wall" becomes "The Pole" and now Etta loses weight too?
    I know, right?

I wonder if Etta was made black because of NBC's Wonder Woman TV show(she was going to be black on that) or if it was vice versa?

While I normally hate the idea of changing characters' race, sex, etc, Etta looked cute in JL #7. I still don't see how the changes Flashpoint made led to her being black though.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I've been saying for years that Etta should be black. I can believe a woman can be made of clay, brought to life, fly, throw tanks, and have super strength.

I can't believe in a white woman named "Etta" in this day and age in America.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Here's a newsarama.com article talking about which titles could be the next one's eliminated.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/new-...ix-months.html

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Here's a newsarama.com article talking about which titles could be the next one's eliminated.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/new-...ix-months.html
    While I have a few issues with all of those books listed, I quite like a few of them & see potential in others. I'm not going to lie though. I wouldn't miss I Vampire(I don't like the Jae Lee-like art nor this modern take on the character), Captain Atom(he feels less like Captain Atom & more like either Watchmen's Doctor Manhatten or Valiant's Solar), or Resurrection Man(I wasn't a huge fan of his 90's series, but I felt it was a lot better than this) at all.

JOIN THE GROUP...

"I, Vampire" SO rules!!! It is excellent beyond excellence!!! The art is perfect for a horror comic! It is perhaps my second favorite DC book behind Batwoman... and that one is slightly faltering right now. God, I hate falling in love with something that doesn't have mass appeal. It happened with the TV show "Pushing Daisies" and this is along those lines. An EXCELLENT comic getting lost in the flood of like seven Green Lantern books and five Batman book. Or is it the other way around?

Where do you see Resurrection Man? That is one of their best, they better not can it.

Well, 4 of the 6 cancelled New 52 books came out last Wednesday.

* Static is a pretty good character, but imo this book had problems with its script right from issue #1. It would have taken a writer as popular as Johns or Morrison to help steer that book away from cancellation.

* Men Of War didn't seem to know what it wanted to be. A superhero comic set in times of war or a war comic that occasionally guest starred superheroes. It was fun to see Frankenstein during WWII though.

* Hawk & Dove is the One More Day of the DCU imo. Looking at this book just led me to think "who thought this was a good idea". I'm a fan of the characters and even liked Liefeld as a kid, but this was awful from day one. Unfortunately, he's gotten far worse & lazier as an artist. There were no backgrounds drawn in this book & he still needed one of his studio mates to help him finish it. I hope DC wises up and gives him the boot if Deathstroke is as bad as this.

* Omac is a book that people who feel the New 52 is too dark & violent should have been buying. It featured some of Keith Giffen's best Kirby inspired art of his careeer imo and a fun script by Didio(I rollled my eyes too when I heard the guy who wanted to kill off Nightwing was writing this book). This last issue just left me wanting more. At least he's going to be joining Justice League International.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I'm quickly losing interest in most of the nuDCU.

Justice League keeps getting worse and worse - with the newest issue maybe being my breaking point. What's surprising to me isn't the JLA as the "cool kids club", but just how outright NASTY the members are about their place in said club. There's nothing remotely heroic about their attitudes and how they treat every other person in the book.

Batman is probably still my favorite book, but its not that good. It has consistent writing and good art, but the story is dragging on too long. Its just a good solid comic that maybe feels better than it is because its surrounded by so much mediocrity.

Animal Man was my favorite, but it feels like the last 4 issues could've been condensed down to 1 without losing anything. I keep thinking "haven't I already read this?" after I finish each one.

The Shade has been excellent (showing that maybe Robinson hasn't lost it), but is ending.

Surprised I'm actually enjoying Red Hood - but I think that's solely on the back of the art...

Most of the line still ranges from perfunctory to awful. And it just feels like too much history is gone - like Green Lantern/Green Arrow for example.

I've been losing interest myself. Even Batwoman - as great as i think that tile is - the non-linear storytelling is so shuffled, I can barely remember what's going on any more. It feels very written-for-the-trade.

I love DC - I've been throwing lots of money at them for years, but they're really losing me, and I hate that.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    I'm so behind it's pathetic. I haven't read anything in over a month, at least - probably more. And what's worse...I don't really care.

I'll get caught up on the main Batman titles, eventually, but I really have no desire to read the rest.

I keep hoping one of these days I'll see someone will have posted in this thread to announce "DC decides to undo the Nu", which will greatly improve my current opinion of DC.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Well I dropped Detective Comics because of the upcoming Night of the Owls crap. I do not need issues that I will not be able to understand for the next two months.

I feel ya' Kevenn, especially with Wonder Woman, and how a lot of people are actually praising the revelation of the Amazons go on naval raids for men, saying that it made sense!? Clearly they never read WW before till now I suppose but ugh! Then again these were guys on G4TV's Fresh Ink podcast video while they kissed Blair Butler's a$$ at how great her MMA themed comic was the best thing they've read and said it should be made into a movie...guess that'll be Blair's ticket outta G4 I suppose. As much as I hate how WW's being written off as another Xeena knockoff I don't completely hate the book like I did JMS making her into Trinity form the Matirx, then abandoning it for Superman Earth one . The post-modern interpretation of the gods are interesting, but they appear to be hijacking the whole damm book from WW, while she's being taken for the ride in order to protect this pregnant bimbo I don't even care about as a character, is it me or is Azzarello just doing a sub-par imitation of Neil Gaiman, or at least a Sandman tie-in story called the Furies: http://fyreflybooks.wordpress.com/20...ts-the-furies/
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    I feel ya' Kevenn, especially with Wonder Woman, and how a lot of people are actually praising the revelation of the Amazons go on naval raids for men, saying that it made sense!? Clearly they never read WW before till now I suppose but ugh! Then again these were guys on G4TV's Fresh Ink podcast video while they kissed Blair Butler's a$$ at how great her MMA themed comic was the best thing they've read and said it should be made into a movie...guess that'll be Blair's ticket outta G4 I suppose. As much as I hate how WW's being written off as another Xeena knockoff I don't completely hate the book like I did JMS making her into Trinity form the Matirx, then abandoning it for Superman Earth one . The post-modern interpretation of the gods are interesting, but they appear to be hijacking the whole damm book from WW, while she's being taken for the ride in order to protect this pregnant bimbo I don't even care about as a character, is it me or is Azzarello just doing a sub-par imitation of Neil Gaiman, or at least a Sandman tie-in story called the Furies: http://fyreflybooks.wordpress.com/20...ts-the-furies/
    What Azzarello is doing with the Amazons & Wonder Woman makes sense when it comes to Greek Mythology, but since Wonder Woman, like Marvel's Thor, is more superhero than a faithful adaptation of classic mythology, it sure is disappointing imo. As for Azzarello, I'm not sure if he's doing a sub-par imitation of Gaiman, but I've yet to read a superhero comic from him that I liked. Much like Garth Ennis & Warren Ellis, I don't know why he keeps taking jobs writing them when it's apparent, to me at least, that he has neither affection nor skill when it comes to them.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    What Azzarello is doing with the Amazons & Wonder Woman makes sense when it comes to Greek Mythology, but since Wonder Woman, like Marvel's Thor, is more superhero than a faithful adaptation of classic mythology, it sure is disappointing imo. As for Azzarello, I'm not sure if he's doing a sub-par imitation of Gaiman, but I've yet to read a superhero comic from him that I liked. Much like Garth Ennis & Warren Ellis, I don't know why he keeps taking jobs writing them when it's apparent, to me at least, that he has neither affection nor skill when it comes to them.
    Yeah, I'm sure he's jumping for joy over getting to write Rorschach and the Comedian I'm honestly sick of the whole Grimm&Gritty attitude that superhero comics have been stuck in lately, it's kinda what gets me a little worried over the DC produced He-Man comic and James promising a "darker tone" and knowing their record of taking away things I loved on their line Teela BETTER NOT BE BLONDE IN A FURE BIKINI that's all I'm leaving that at.

But I agree what Bob Chipman has to say on the topic:
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail