Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theblock View Post
    I feel ya' Kevenn, especially with Wonder Woman, and how a lot of people are actually praising the revelation of the Amazons go on naval raids for men, saying that it made sense!? Clearly they never read WW before till now I suppose but ugh!
    Maybe they did, but didn't like it.

The crazy thing about WW is that people didn't seem to support the old take on the Amazons enough to read WW, but now they are supporting the book. I think it's very telling that the Amazons had to become stereotypical amazons and WW had to become a demigod daughter of Zeus for a casual reader to start reading WW. That says more about the fans picking the book up than Azzarello himself.

Maybe the average comic fan didn't understand WW?

Teela BETTER NOT BE BLONDE IN A FURE BIKINI that's all I'm leaving that at.
    What? Those are fightin' words, pardner! Blondes in fur bikinis rock!

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I tried to give the Straczynski WW a chance - and that run failed for me. This current run has done what I would have thought would have been the impossible - it caused me to drop Wonder Woman - my favorite superhero, after buying her title all these years. I don't enjoy the book. I don't enjoy the increasingly anti-feminine agenda the entire company seems to have with their characters. Across the board, the brutality and negative personalities and nastiness is just being increased.

IT'S JUST NOT FUN ANY MORE.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I guess I am the only one that likes this new Wonder Woman. I have always hated the character, found her to be one dimensional, most of it probably becaues of that horrible live action series, but this comic and the DCAUDTV have made me a fan of her.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I'm honestly sick of the whole Grimm&Gritty attitude that superhero comics have been stuck in lately, it's kinda what gets me a little worried over the DC produced He-Man comic and James promising a "darker tone" and knowing their record of taking away things I loved on their line Teela BETTER NOT BE BLONDE IN A FURE BIKINI that's all I'm leaving that at.

But I agree what Bob Chipman has to say on the topic: The Escapist : The Big Picture : Done With Dark
    I'm not a fan of everything these days, in order to be taken seriously and/or "mature", being made edgy, dark, bleak, nihilistic, and "realistic". It permeates everything from movies & comics to cartoons & TV. I have no problem enjoying a violent action movie, a gory horror movie, a dark thriller, or a depressing drama. I just don't want all of that always shoved into franchises whose popularity wasn't based on those types of stories in the first place. I used to think of the DCU and even MOTU as refuges from the real world where the good guys were actually "good" and people were optimistic that evil would be defeated. Now that the New 52 is trying its best to mimic the worst of JoeyQ's Marvel & Jim Lee's Wildstorm and the MOTUC bios are killing off characters left & right, I guess I only have Archie Comics if I want something free of bleak characterizations or dark stories(although, considering they killed off Miss Grundy in a recent comic & are giving another one cancer, I guess that's out too).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I guess I am the only one that likes this new Wonder Woman. I have always hated the character, found her to be one dimensional, most of it probably becaues of that horrible live action series, but this comic and the DCAUDTV have made me a fan of her.
    You aren't the only one. People are actually talking about WW every month--reviews, interviews, columns...WW has never seen this level of high attention before, with other runs disappearing into obscurity. I like the Azzarello version too, as I'm a Xena/Kratos/Greek Myth fan, but I've also been liked WW back during the Post Crisis Perez and Byrne runs too.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

I think I am about to call it quits on their comics. I'll still get some of the graphic novels like the All-Star Western stuff, but I am getting sick of these comics having multi-story arcs that go over multiple different comics. You have Voodoo and Superman, that Nite of the Owls stuff, Resurrection Man and Suicide Squad, and it is getting annoying. Can't we just get some nice one shot stories again? I don't expect high quality stories like Joker's Five Way Revenge or like all of those Jonah Hex stories we got from 2005 on, but I want something that is not going to take 6+ issues to tell. We are up to issue 9 now and some series are still telling the same tale, and it is boring.

And I am also sick of comics having to have some big time event every year. Last year it was Flashpoint, which I thought was awesome, but now we have Nite of the Owls and next year is that Trinity War. Can't we just go 2-3+ years without some big world changing event happening? I mean, we have had Infinite Crisis, Final Crisis, Blackest Night, and Flashpoint within the last 6 years, give it a rest already!!
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I'm not even bothering with Noght of the Owls. I'm so bored with Batman's character now. I used to read his comics every month. I'm just over him.

I'm getting very over many of the titles too. Teen Titans is AWFUL. I only like Bunker and Solstice. All the other characters are just not my thing. I hate the way they've changed Wonder Girl. What is even the point of Skitter? Even the old characters are not people I recognize any more. It's very off-putting.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    IT'S JUST NOT FUN ANY MORE.
    I'm hoping my comic will not only A) get published but B)bring the fun and comedy back into the world . No grim and gritty in this one
    Respect is Earned. NOT Given, Away.

I find it funny more and more people I hear asking for a less grim and gritty approach and the publishers/movie writers etc keep pushing more and more out because of the success that has come with titles that grim and gritty works for.

I am just waiting for grim and gritty Ambush Bug. And I am most likely not giving them ideas.

I also hope they start writing more characters who aren't so broody, just because you are seeking redemption doesn't mean you have to be broody, just because you live in a crapsack world doesn't mean you have to be broody. And maybe people would actually buy those if they were well written, for some reason they think all that means you have to make it extra cheesy. The irony seems broody heroes are stating to become cheesy. ]

Maybe I will start to work on a zombie comedy where instead of eating human brains they eat heads of lettuce. It's a zombiepocalypse on a whole new level as man kind has to defend their crops.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I don't mind grim and gritty, in fact, I love it, but when everything is grim and gritty, it gets boring after a while. My problem with the Batman comics is this. They managed to do an amazing one issue story with the Retrospective Batman in the 70s book. The story, the art, everything about it was incredible. It was the best Batman one shot story I have read in years, and the best Batman story I have read since Hush. However, you go into the normal stuff, and they have this continuous convoluted storyline going that spans several issues. You can build up some big event in one shots if you need to have a big event, but why can't they do a full on Retrospective Batman in the 70s series and have Len Wein and Denny O'Neil write the stuff?

Heroic Warrior
    That's been my gripe as well - I'm not having fun with most of the recent books. It's almost become more of an obligation for me, if anything.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'm so confused on what is going on in the Superman comics. Not sure off the top of my head if it was Action Comics or Superman, but something about time travellers and three people with him....***?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I don't mind grim and gritty, in fact, I love it, but when everything is grim and gritty, it gets boring after a while. My problem with the Batman comics is this. They managed to do an amazing one issue story with the Retrospective Batman in the 70s book. The story, the art, everything about it was incredible. It was the best Batman one shot story I have read in years, and the best Batman story I have read since Hush. However, you go into the normal stuff, and they have this continuous convoluted storyline going that spans several issues. You can build up some big event in one shots if you need to have a big event, but why can't they do a full on Retrospective Batman in the 70s series and have Len Wein and Denny O'Neil write the stuff?
    I don't mind it all either, which is why I mentioned that it works with some characters. Batman it works great with, sure that version of Batman isn't the version everyone likes but grim and gritty does work with him. Superman not so much.

I just look at recovering alcoholics, some of those guys are the most jovial people you will ever meet and talk about a road of redemption.

I haven't read anything since issue 3, but I have found I prefer to the let them build up them read them at once since that is how most of it is written anymore. I do wish they weren't so tied into writing to the trade and just made collections off what they write instead.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I just picked up my books today (hadn't gone to the shop in about 3 weeks) and had quite a few of the Night of the Owls tie in titles. I actually really liked the build up to this event. Considering it is only taking place for one month, and it manages to stay in Batfamily titles, I can handle an event like that once a year. Much more interesting to me than a Universe wide crossover.

I just dropped Justice League Dark as it seemed to rely too much on other books in the Dark family which I don'tread (which is odd consdering JL is the flagship book).
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    I just picked up my books today (hadn't gone to the shop in about 3 weeks) and had quite a few of the Night of the Owls tie in titles. I actually really liked the build up to this event. Considering it is only taking place for one month, and it manages to stay in Batfamily titles, I can handle an event like that once a year. Much more interesting to me than a Universe wide crossover.

I just dropped Justice League Dark as it seemed to rely too much on other books in the Dark family which I don'tread (which is odd consdering JL is the flagship book).
    Owls is a two month event. However, when Batman & Robin and Detective were the only Batman comics you were getting, it really ruins the series for you.

the problem I have with most modern cross over events is how invasive they are. It was the thing I didn't mind about Blackest Night, being a zombie apocalypse type thing it was invasive but didn't really shut the current story down in titles.

I know, I find it irritating how they're making some comics cross-over with others just to make you want to buy others you wouldn't have prior, like I'm reading Red Lanterns, and the next issue tells us to check out Stormwatch just because some Red Lantern fights those characters I don't give a damm about. And this teased Trinity war looks like DC ripping off a Marvel crossover, like I want to see Jim Lee's armored JLA fight Jim Lee's armored JLA from an alternate earth. What I saw in Earth 2 was an amazing talent like Nicola Scott being utterly wasted with another JL with designs that scream 90s overkill making me wonder what's the point of alternate earths when they're gonna just conform to what Lee thinks looks cool . I wanted to like Earth 2, I loved Scotts art back in Simmone's Wonder Woman run, but the look and the story just had to be dark again for the sake of it.
    Oh and did anyone else see the August Solicits? New Phantom Lady, and like I joked about in the other DC thread here, ANOTHER UNNECESSARY REDESIGN: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/n...ntom-lady.html

We can't have our cheesecake and eat it anymore can we DC
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

I think I love you, theblock.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

The New 52 has it's first video game! Injustice: Gods Among Us is created by Netherrealm Studios, the same company that brought you last year's Mortal Kombat revamp game!

Leave your suspension of belief at the door when you check out these antics.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38928

Damn...Flash's new armored costume really seems like a bad idea now.

The Blonde Teela Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Leave your suspension of belief at the door when you check out these antics.
    You mean like Batman kicking Solomon Grundy through a building....

Indie Toy Making Mod! markatisu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    You mean like Batman kicking Solomon Grundy through a building....
    That must be video game physics
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior

around the corner?

Through the advance solicitations DCnU is nearing it's 1 year anniversary.

and what's next?

as far as I can tell is that issues will go to number 12(august) then the next month (september) they will go to #0. which is a backstory that explains things.

Trinity War is a bunch of heroes fighting each other. over pandora's box?
    People are thinking there will be multiple Justice Leagues. Is it these multiple leagues who will be fighting each other.
    Justice League appears to be headed for big changes. according to their solicit
    JLI is cancelled at #12 then an Annual.
    Legion to go through a title change? That's what I'm wondering after seeing their solicit

Plastic man has something coming out. out of the DCnU though
    Will Outsiders's Katana have her own book.

Heroic Warrior
    Wow, after seeing the Phantom Lady redesign I can pretty much say that DC will just throw cleavage revealing costumes on any female character and call it a day.

As for NRS- I know they are owned by WB now but really? You really want to make a game a second time that failed the first time due to the original company failing when it was owned by Midway? Boon is too high on his cloud after the MK reboot was successful and I think he's going to find out the hard way as this game looks HORRIBLE and a rehash of DC vs. MK.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Wow, after seeing the Phantom Lady redesign I can pretty much say that DC will just throw cleavage revealing costumes on any female character and call it a day.
    Except for Power Girl...

The Blonde Teela Thread

I haven't been reading any DC books but I decided to pick up Stormwatch due to being somewhat of a fan of the Wildstorm Universe. You know what? I actually enjoyed it.

I have previously read some of The Authority and I really like the Midnighter and Apollo characters and I didn't mind them in this version. The only character I don't like is Martian Manhunter (I have never liked the character) but if the upcoming solicitations are true then he may be leaving the team.

I also picked up Voodoo and Grifter but have only read the first few issues of Grifter so far. It doesn't seem to be that good but I am a fan of the character so I will give it a shot.

Is there any other DC worth picking up? I have a small idea about most of the main characters and I am enjoying the Wildstorm characters in the Edge group so obviously I don't have very high standards