Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Is there any other DC worth picking up? I have a small idea about most of the main characters and I am enjoying the Wildstorm characters in the Edge group so obviously I don't have very high standards
    I get Earth 2, JLI, JLA, Firestorms, GL, GL:new guardians, Red Lanterns, GL:Corps, GL:Animated, FLash & Aquaman.

I would recommend Aquaman. Kind of intense book.

My personal synopsis of each book
    Earth 2:only one issue in thought this could be a good read. any good art or story will get over shadowed by the fact that this book will have to gay characters.
    JLI:This United Nations sponsored team can't catch a break. Ending with issue #12 and An annual. What are the plans for the Justice League family franchise?
    JLA:All the big guns under one title. This title , too, might go through some changes.
    Firesstorms:There are a handle full of nations out there each with their own nuclear man.
    GL:Can Jordan free Sinestro and william hand aka black hand from the indigo tribe lanterns? The guardians slowly set out to introduce a new team of protectors.
    GL:new guardians:can each member of all the spectrum lanterns get along to bring peace to space? Larzfleeze can't be trusted.
    Red Lanterns:will the red lanterns die out?
    GL:Corps:Guy Gardner is not taking the news of what John did very well and now he is fighting off the alpha lanterns.
    GL:Animated:Just like the t.v. show only drier and less exciting. Title just getting started.
    Flash:Just got done fighting Gorilla grodd. Up next is the rogues.
    Aquaman:Intense book. The past is catching up with Aquaman. Can his old team survive black manta?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Voodoo, Resurrection Man and Captain Atom have been canceled. Issue#0 will be the final issue for those titles.

Shazam has a hole in his chest now?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 11, 2012 at 05:24pm.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Captain Marvel doesn't look happy. In fact he kind of looks psychotic. My heart weeps.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Holy Moley that's awful...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe that's where his heart was...

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Voodoo, Resurrection Man and Captain Atom have been canceled. Issue#0 will be the final issue for those titles.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/im...0_PREVIEWS.jpg

What? But Voodoo and Resurrection Man are the only good ones outside of Aquaman.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Maybe that's where his heart was...
    It could explain that Arkham escapee look on his face...

Heroic Warrior
    That looks...awful. I've never been the biggest fan of the Big Red Cheese, but that just looks wrong.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Crap, I was just starting to enjoy Voodoo.

The new Team 7 book is not a good enough replacement for Voodoo. Be careful Grifter, you could be next.

Yeah, Voodoo was getting interesting lately. OH wells...

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new "Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld" re-boot in the new Sword & Sorcery comic. I've always heard wonderful amazing things about the original run back in the day - and Christy Marx, who wrote the cartoon, Gem and the Holograms, is writing it. Maybe it won't be horrible. Then again, DC's Editorial has an extraordinary talent for screwing things up...
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

I have been picking up a lot of DC comics lately. I finished Aquaman today, as suggested by midor, and it was pretty damn good. Geoff Johns may not be a good toy designer but I think he is a great writer.

I also read the new Batman title and although it is good I seemed to burn out real quick on the whole Court of the Owls story. I am tempted to pick up the Grant Morrison run of Batman but it is a lot to go through.

I am also picking up Green Lantern from the New Guardians arc. I was reading Green Lantern since the Rebirth arc all the way to Brightest Day but I kind of got burnt out on it. I'll see how I go now that I have had a break.

As a long term Marvel fan I have a lot more knowledge of their universe and characters but as far as the writing and story goes I do tend to think the the DC comics I have recently read are much better than the Marvel stories. I don't know if it is because I am going in to DC with fresh eyes or if the Marvel comics are really that bad.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Yeah, Voodoo was getting interesting lately. OH wells...

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new "Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld" re-boot in the new Sword & Sorcery comic. I've always heard wonderful amazing things about the original run back in the day - and Christy Marx, who wrote the cartoon, Gem and the Holograms, is writing it. Maybe it won't be horrible. Then again, DC's Editorial has an extraordinary talent for screwing things up...
    I will actually pick this series up for the fact Christy Marx is writing it. I wasn't going to go near anything DC because the New 52 thing reeks of desperation trying to keep up with Marvel guess now I will because of this Gemworld comic. Not saying that DC sucks (I love the DCAU stuff) but Im sure you know what Im on about.
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

Sorceress, I think I got your number.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!" - Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

WANT: Twiggets, Hunga, Josh, Joya/Bubblerina, King Ahgo, Wise Old Wizardess,
    Crimson Fury, Melog, Kowla, Red Eye, Staghorn, ALL New Adventures, Sharella,
    Gray, Kittrina, Melaktha, Miranda, Lt. Andra, Illumina, Lady Slither, MYP Evil-Lyn,
    MYP Sorceress, King Miro, Songster, Scrollos, Kayla, Skeleteen

So Batman had 4 Robins in 5 years.

DC Timeline is so messed up.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Princess of Gem World? What is Gem World?

Where do you see that Batman timline Vanquest?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

They have stated the comics have taken place over the last 5 years. Which means all the history in comics we have read that hasn't been removed is very jam packed in that time frame.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    So Batman had 4 Robins in 5 years.

DC Timeline is so messed up.
    I don't think its quite that bad.

The first JLA arc took place 5 years ago, but they heavily implied that Batman (and Green Lantern) had been around for longer (before Superman and Wonder Woman came on the scene).

seeing that the 4 robins are all very young (nightwing can't be older than late 20s), 5 years is better than 60 years.

Well I'm done with Earth 2. I couldn't even make it past the first 10 pages due to how lost and bored I was.

I'm not going to lie. I actually look forward to news of the latest cancellations of DC's New 52 just because it leads to new titles. While she may look a little different, I'm excited for new stories of Amethyst Princess Of Gemworld. I remember picking this book off of a grocery store spinner rack due to its great cover & buying it immediately...

While it was always a secret from my friends(kids can be ruthless with each other), I always dug the character. She's supposed to be showing up on DC Nation as well.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

So they pretty much just took Supergirl and turned her into a princess?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    So they pretty much just took Supergirl and turned her into a princess?
    Huh? Not sure how this Amethyst has anything to do with Supergirl other than the fact that they are both blonde.
    I serve up lots of hot, fresh action figure reviews on Action Figure Barbecue!

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Huh? Not sure how this Amethyst has anything to do with Supergirl other than the fact that they are both blonde.
    I'm just joking, because it really looks like to me they just turned She-Ra into a comic character even though it came out two years prior.

Heroic Warrior

Where did Zealot appear in?