Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

I read that too. Looking closer, it could be either of the other two. She does look like she could have short hair. If it's Peegee, good for her. She still exists in the DCnU. And Zelot's a possibility since Voodoo and Grifter both have their own books.

Looking at a bigger picture, I'm guessing Zealot.

There is enough color in the sides that it appears her hair is platinum/silver, not blonde.

At any rate at least the artwork will be cool for Justice League.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I hope it's Black Canary.

Why do we need Zealot if we have Wonder Woman?
    Why do we need Mera if we have her husband?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

From my understanding some are backup members or part time members or something along those lines. Meaning they will put Zealot in Wonder Woman's place when they want to change things up, or have the four ladies have an issue named Lady's Night Out.

The real answer for Zealot well, Jim Lee is a driving force behind this whole thing.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I'm way behind, I didn't know WildCATS was becoming part of DC. I have fond memories of the TV show and still own those Playmates toys somewhere in my attic. Is it wrong that I'm more interested in seeing them in DCAU or DCUC than in the actual comics?

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    The real answer for Zealot well, Jim Lee is a driving force behind this whole thing.
    I think Void would have been a better choice, unless her character was ruined in comics or something.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm way behind, I didn't know WildCATS was becoming part of DC. I have fond memories of the TV show and still own those Playmates toys somewhere in my attic. Is it wrong that I'm more interested in seeing them in DCAU or DCUC than in the actual comics?

I think Void would have been a better choice, unless her character was ruined in comics or something.
    She is probably not 90s enough.

Last year DC announced they were shutting down Wildstorm and absorbing some of the characters into DC. Before some DC characters had gone over to the Wildstorm universe for a bit, same with Vertigo.

Not sure what they said was going to happen to the Wildstorm licensed works. Basically this happened when Jim Lee got promoted to his current position within DC.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Well, Mera can breathe underwater, but has a different power set than Aquaman. She can control water and form it into solid forms. With Zelot, you got me there.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Upon getting yet another look at it, I hate the new Superman costume idea even more. And the S shield almost looks like that horrid S shield that was being considered for the Tim Burton film that, thankfully, never got made.

This is just DC Comics' attempt to make their characters look like a spinoff of Marvel Comics yet they are failing and it is all suck.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    Upon getting yet another look at it, I hate the new Superman costume idea even more. And the S shield almost looks like that horrid S shield that was being considered for the Tim Burton film that, thankfully, never got made.

This is just DC Comics' attempt to make their characters look like a spinoff of Marvel Comics yet they are failing and it is all suck.
    I think it's more like DC trying to appeal to the movie-going public crowd.

I hate that they are getting rid of iconic costumes to do that. Zatanna's gimmick is that she looks like a Vegas Showgirl. Now she looks like a generic hero wearing a top hat. Black Canary's gimmick is lost too.

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Lots of interesting stuff here:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...kes-manhattan/

For example:

DC realized that some things were working fine. Based on sales, critical response and fan comments, they knew that Green Lantern and Batman weren’t ‘broken’. In approaching the re-launch, DC didn’t want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. They knew some things needed to be changed, but they didn’t want to lose the excitement behind what was working. Instead of a re-boot, they opted for a sliding re-launch. Continuity would be preserved and only where things weren’t working would there be changes. As such, there are are little to no changes in the Batman and Green Lantern books. When they re-launch in September they pick up right where they were in August. Green Lantern #1, Dan stated, picks up dealing with the repercussions of the ending of the War of Green Lanterns. He said he would love to say more, but that people in Editorial would kill him if he spoiled the ending of War of Green Lanterns and the aftermath books.

It's great to see in that article there will be a focus on making the trade fit the story not the story fit the trade.

From the Aquaman Shrine: Update: In response to a barrage of tweets from anxious and excited fans, late last evening Geoff Johns did confirm via Twitter that the image in question is indeed the full membership of the new Justice League. He also added that "no one" has named all 15 members correctly...that crafty Mr. Johns!

So, my guess is that "Mystery Woman" is not Power Girl, Black Canary OR Zealot. Ugh! Really hope it's not a new character!

EDIT: Johns tweeted that the Mystery Woman is NOT a blond. Uhhhhh... Jade?
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; June 27, 2011 at 06:01pm.

Statements like 'no-one has guessed' either means it's a new character or no major claims have gotten it right, you know you get that one small voice who says something like it's the new Artemis, or a white Amanda Walker.

Best I can give is her hair is most likely silver or grey, not sure who and which females superheroes have that hair color, at least in DC. Marvel I would be able to list off a few. And all I can see from costume is a black high collared coat and a turtle neck of some kind. Which makes me think of Renee's Montaya's version of The Question but I don't see her hair in that.

I wish Jim Lee had more then generic male and female face.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    I think it's more like DC trying to appeal to the movie-going public crowd.

I hate that they are getting rid of iconic costumes to do that. Zatanna's gimmick is that she looks like a Vegas Showgirl. Now she looks like a generic hero wearing a top hat. Black Canary's gimmick is lost too.

That, and it seems like ALL of the DC heroines need to cover up everything. While they are at it, why doesn't DC just make all of their heroines wear burkas??

I just honestly don't see a need for this to be done at all. I'm sure Power Girl is also going to get a major overhaul. So, that means she is going to drop seven cup sizes and probably wear one of those dresses women in puritan times wore.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Cannot wait for my favourite character, Animal Man, the new costume is a blast! I'm sure they'll got the character right this time. He's the coolest one in the DC Comics universe, IMHO.

Join us, the Animal Man fan forum:

http://amanbuddybaker.proboards.com

"We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    That, and it seems like ALL of the DC heroines need to cover up everything. While they are at it, why doesn't DC just make all of their heroines wear burkas??
    Cleavage is still OK, Martian Manhunter also got pants. Supergirl is showing leg (and knee cap), Harley Quin is wearing hot pants and thigh highs, also I think the female on the cover of the vampire story isn't fully clothed.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...t-dc-relaunch/

There is going to be a DC Reboot Protest at SDCC.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...t-dc-relaunch/

There is going to be a DC Reboot Protest at SDCC.
    silliness. they aren't going to change their direction at this point. the best way to send a message and get them to change everything back is to stop buying the comics. if sales drop after the reboot, it'll be changed back w/in 6 months. they probably already have a back-up plan.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Armor?! Superman don't need no stinkin' armor! On the upside, the S shield doesn't look that bad. It's better than the way it looked on the JLA cover. The other slight upside is that this artist (who is this, by the way?) managed to make all those extra lines including the infamous shin-armor work well together. That's one bright spot, it's more streamlined and cohesive and not as fussy as earlier images.

Ugggg.. Agree with the 'armor-hate'. It's a terrible idea, and redundant for the character.

As for the 'S-shield'... i absolutely H A T E when they have it 'raised up' like that. Too much like Superman Returns...

My suspension of disbelief will only go so far... YES he's an alien... YES he can fly.... YES, he's invulnerable... YES a pair of glasses can hide his id...

But Sorry... I don't believe Clark can wear a suit of armor with that raised S on his chest underneath a button up shirt and have nobody notice...

Unbelievable.

DC is relaunching a million books, many with very subpar artists (and writers) and they won't give Steve Rude the time of day.

This decision took place no less than a month ago, after I came to the following realization–

One– I’ve had enough time away from the field to want to come back. In the time that I’ve been gone, comics seem to have only gotten worse in terms of art and story, which is what made me back off in the first place. I feel that any direct contributions I could make by re-entering the field might have a positive effect.

Two– I needed the bread. Commissions and other jobs are fine, but actually being an active member of the comics field seemed more prudent. After talking it over with Gino, we decided it would be best to write the company I’d most like to do business with, and then see what transpired. And who would that company be?

That company would be DC comics

The books I would most like to contribute to? Here they are in order of preference:

1. SUPERGIRL

2. SUPERMAN

3. BIG BARDA and her FEMALE FURIES

4. OMAC

One month ago, I began my contact with DC through an editor that I knew. Having no success, I tried a second editor. Then finally, one of the higher-up “exec” types.

So far, one editor has responded–with a polite turn down. The two others I never heard back from.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...comics-please/

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Unbelievable.

DC is relaunching a million books, many with very subpar artists (and writers) and they won't give Steve Rude the time of day.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/wp-conte...Steve_Rude.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/06/...comics-please/
    WOW! That is unbelievable! Steve Rude is a GOD! His Space Ghost one-shot is one of my favorite things EVER!

On a different subject and I'm probably just over-thinking this, but... and I would say "SPOILERS!" but I don't think ANYONE still reads Justice League, so anyway...

With Donna Troy's recent re-death in JLA and with Power Girl unaccounted for in the DCnU, I realized that maybe this is some kind of backdoor exit strategy. Donna Troy was the first hero, just before Infinite Crisis, to remember the multiverse and played a pivotal role in that storyline. Power Girl was the second. SHOULD this relaunch not pan out well (and who knows at this point... we're all spending a ridiculous amount of time speculating about and discussing something everyone seems to hate), I could see maybe ANOTHER Donna return where only she remembers the old DCU and, with the help of the once-again-home world-less Power Girl, big crossover event, yadda yadda, back to normal.

WOW! That is unbelievable! Steve Rude is a GOD! His Space Ghost one-shot is one of my favorite things EVER!
    I can't fathom that Supergirl by Michael Green and Mike Johnson would sell nearly as well (or get nearly the hype) as Supergirl by Steve Rude.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I can't fathom that Supergirl by Michael Green and Mike Johnson would sell nearly as well (or get nearly the hype) as Supergirl by Steve Rude.
    Is it the possibility that he maybe can't meet a monthly schedule? I know sometimes with really good artists, that's the case, especially older ones. That's really the only excuse I can come up with. The fact that Rob Liefeld was given a book and not Steve Rude... Are we being punked?

Is it the possibility that he maybe can't meet a monthly schedule? I know sometimes with really good artists, that's the case, especially older ones. That's really the only excuse I can come up with. The fact that Rob Liefeld was given a book and not Steve Rude... Are we being punked?
    If that was the case, Jim Lee wouldn't have a book....