Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 476 to 500 of 1237

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

  1. #476
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Any chance you can score me two copies of #1? I want one for me and one for my newborn nephew; he was born the day it hit and I'd like to save it for him until he can read it! Please help a pal out someone; they're all gone in my area!

    Yes. I can hook a dot org brother up. Please send Paypal payment when you can. My paypal it mjhdm@yahoo.com

    additional:It's doesn't have all the members on it. just the one you've been seeing. as far I can tell the all member cover is for the 2nd printing. send pm if you want to chat about it.
    Last edited by midor; September 3, 2011 at 08:55pm.

  2. #477
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    ...why, now, would batman steal his ring?

    and how the hell could he steal his magic ring w/o him knowing? was it not on his finger?
    I think Jim Lee must just love drawing that scene.

  3. #478
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,187
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    ah, that makes sense.





    unless they have completely changed lanterns, then it makes no sense. lanterns have a mental connection to their rings.
    Continuity is only necessary when it doesn't interfere with the story at hand. That's the Marvel way.

    Which it's odd that this is Geoff Johns.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  4. #479
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Justice League's first story arch as well as Action Comics take place five years in the past. No one really knows each other and the heroes are treated similar to how the X-Men or Spider-Man are by the rest of society.

    I know where your coming from M S but I'm going to disagree with you even though you are just stating your opinion. I would say in this DCverse (new word) the normals (as I call them) don't trust or even fear the Meta's (DC's word).

    I would say in the Marvelverse(new word) the normals treated the heroes & vilains (whatever they're called) like 2nd class citizens. Sort of like how the whites used to treat the blacks. I don't know if that mentality has changed in the Marvelverse since I'm NOT a marvel guy.

  5. #480
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    i haven't been reading marvel in the last year, but few non-mutants are treated as anything but heroes (or villians if they are). the heroes that are treated as villains either do things like kill (punisher) or have really bad press (spidey).

  6. #481
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I know where your coming from M S but I'm going to disagree with you even though you are just stating your opinion. I would say in this DCverse (new word) the normals (as I call them) don't trust or even fear the Meta's (DC's word).

    I would say in the Marvelverse(new word) the normals treated the heroes & vilains (whatever they're called) like 2nd class citizens. Sort of like how the whites used to treat the blacks. I don't know if that mentality has changed in the Marvelverse since I'm NOT a marvel guy.
    I wasn't really even giving my opinion since I don't know what to expect from the new DCU. I just figured if cops are shooting at 2 metas(which was shown in the opening pages of Justice League #1) just due to the fact that they are metas, they are treated pretty poorly.

    As for Marvel, the mutants, Spider-Man, & the Hulk were the only ones who used to be treated like villains no matter what they did. In the current Marvel Universe, even heroes like Captain America are looked at with suspicion(although since most of the heroes rarely act like heroes these days, I don't blame them).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  7. #482
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I know where your coming from M S but I'm going to disagree with you even though you are just stating your opinion. I would say in this DCverse (new word) the normals (as I call them) don't trust or even fear the Meta's (DC's word).
    I doubt that's the way of the Universe. It makes sense in JL#1 because Superheroes are a new thing, and people are always afraid of the unknown. I'd be that books set in the present don't have that issue.

  8. #483
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Continuity is only necessary when it doesn't interfere with the story at hand. That's the Marvel way.

    Which it's odd that this is Geoff Johns.
    This isn't me sticking up for Geoff Johns(although I almost did when you compared him to Bendis recently) since he often does things I don't like(I don't need "Fatalities" in every superhero battle), but since so much has changed with this new DCU, nothing is 100% canon until we hear one way or another. Maybe what he did with Bruce stealing Hal's ring was impossible, but maybe the way the rings work with the Corp members is different now. We're going to have to wait & see for a lot of these answers.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  9. #484
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,187
    I am being silly And to explain that, Green Lantern and Batman did kind of sound alike but I think that had more to do with rewrites and trying to keep Hal a bit self assured especially with him being younger. It almost came off more as the same person, but Green Lantern was full of himself and Batman was paranoid. But then I know he was keeping his identity a secret but every time he said Green Lantern I just kept thinking of a female hygiene product. I think they were trying to come off as trendy with an influence of Marvel is trendy. It does however remind me of the pacing of New Avengers and it took them what 12 issue to form the team? So I do get a borrowing from Marvel vibe but as was pointed out it is a little different.

    About canon, I was joking. I agree with new world = new rules. But I think it's primarily they are setting up these two to be in some kind of one upsmanship type thing.

    I normally like Johns, Green Lantern is really the only comic series I am currently reading, but I don't think this was the best work of either John's or Lee.
    Last edited by wyldman11; September 3, 2011 at 11:51pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  10. #485
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,569
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTUfan View Post
    Oh and congrats I can't wait to start reading. your going to have to link us to it.
    Thank you so much! I'm thrilled by this prospect, so any support is very welcome! It's sciencefiction.com. My first review won't be up until Thursday, for Hawk & Dove. Thursday will see my review of Animal Man (which I am very much anticipating), then Batwing on Saturday and OMAC on Sunday. The following week will be when things really get rolling with Batwoman, then Supergirl and Wonder Woman the following week!

  11. #486
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    While it doesn't have the magic of Giffen's JLI, I like what I see in this Justice League International #1 preview...

    SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST ISSUE

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...?pid=9677&pg=1

    I also like that Batman isn't being written as the total arse he usually is. While it was funny in JLI, I'm not a fan of the post-Frank Miller Bruce who treats everyone like pawns.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  12. #487
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While it doesn't have the magic of Giffen's JLI, I like what I see in this Justice League International #1 preview...

    SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST ISSUE

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...?pid=9677&pg=1

    I also like that Batman isn't being written as the total arse he usually is. While it was funny in JLI, I'm not a fan of the post-Frank Miller Bruce who treats everyone like pawns.
    Those 5 pages were light years better than the entirety of Justice League #1.

    It doesn't have the charm of the Giffen/DeMatteis, and Lopresti is solid, but no Maguire - but it looks like its going to actually be FUN.

  13. #488
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,187
    That did feel a lot better. I also hope the internet thing wasn't a dig though.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  14. #489
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That did feel a lot better. I also hope the internet thing wasn't a dig though.
    It was, but I'm not going to take it personally. I'm sure everyone, no matter how swell a person you are, has complained at least once online. If you can't laugh it off, then you should probably stay away from the internet.

    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Those 5 pages were light years better than the entirety of Justice League #1.

    It doesn't have the charm of the Giffen/DeMatteis, and Lopresti is solid, but no Maguire - but it looks like its going to actually be FUN.
    While I didn't hate Justice League #1 like you seemed to have, I did like JLI better. Unfortunately, it just won't feel the same without Ted Kord. If they wanted to keep Jamie around, that's fine, but Ted should have come back for this reboot imo. Especially since it looks like the original JLI no longer happened.

    I do love that the Hall Of Justice is still around. I'm not sure how I feel about it being a public building before the JLI though.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 5, 2011 at 04:13pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  15. #490
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Unfortunately, it just won't feel the same without Ted Kord. If they wanted to keep Jamie around, that's fine, but Ted should have come back for this reboot imo. Especially since it looks like the original JLI no longer happened.
    I love Ted Kord, but they probably didn't want 2 Blue Beetles. And if they're trying to bring in new readers, the smart move was to use the one that has often been on a current cartoon, has action figures, has been in recent video games and appeared on Smallville.

  16. #491
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I love Ted Kord, but they probably didn't want 2 Blue Beetles. And if they're trying to bring in new readers, the smart move was to use the one that has often been on a current cartoon, has action figures, has been in recent video games and appeared on Smallville.
    I know. As soon as I saw that Jamie was their go-to guy in other media, I knew Ted wouldn't be coming back anytime soon. I'm definitely not one of those who didn't care about Ted until he was gone though. I loved him ever since his solo series was released right after the original Crisis(the same for Booster Gold). The only chance he's coming back is if Jamie's book bombs & is cancelled. Even then it's not a guarantee. I'm not hoping Jamie is killed though since I know he has fans, but we already have 4 Robins & 2 Flashes in this new universe.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; September 5, 2011 at 05:15pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  17. #492
    Quester JonWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,144
    I liked the JLI preview! Already miles more entertaining than JL. I think I like the art better too. I'll check it out.

  18. #493
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It was, but I'm not going to take it personally. I'm sure everyone, no matter how swell a person you are, has complained at least once online. If you can't laugh it off, then you should probably stay away from the internet.
    Personally I wasn't offended it was more of a just wish they hadn't did that. Basically they didn't make themselves look better by doing it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  19. #494
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Personally I wasn't offended it was more of a just wish they hadn't did that. Basically they didn't make themselves look better by doing it.
    Sorry. I wasn't trying to imply you were upset by it.

    I do agree with you. While the line didn't bother me, it does come off as something they should have kept to themselves. It sounds like the type of thing some of the "talent" at JoeyQ's Marvel would do(Tom Brevoort for instance). If the fans don't like something, lets insult them or at least tell them why they are wrong.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  20. #495
    Heroic Warrior Wonderboy_JMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,569
    Hmmm, I like the JLI preview as well. I take it the original JLI has been deleted from history, though? They acted like the majority of them had never worked together before. I'm glad to see three former Global Guardians in there and of course I love Vixen!

  21. #496
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,733
    I wasn't going to give JLI the time of day. Adding Plastic Man and Green Arrow didn't help (1.I'm not the world's biggest Plastic Man fan. 2.I don't like this look for Green Arrow).

    So after reading these JLI comments I caved and read it.

    And I like what I see. Nice clean art. Nice dialogue. Intriguing dialog.

    I was to keen on the line up. but after reading the preview I feel like I got to know everyone and that changed my mind about that which helps me warm up to the book.

  22. #497
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    I wasn't going to give JLI the time of day. Adding Plastic Man and Green Arrow didn't help (1.I'm not the world's biggest Plastic Man fan. 2.I don't like this look for Green Arrow).

    So after reading these JLI comments I caved and read it.

    And I like what I see. Nice clean art. Nice dialogue. Intriguing dialog.

    I was to keen on the line up. but after reading the preview I feel like I got to know everyone and that changed my mind about that which helps me warm up to the book.
    I haven't read much about these new books. Plastic Man & Green Arrow are going to be members? I thought Green Arrow was going to be a member of the regular League. Both of those characters are pretty big names.

    I like Plastic Man, but he needs a good writer since he walks the line between being entertaining & annoying. I love Green Arrow but I'm not sure this new one is the Ollie I'm used to. He looks like a Smallville kid even though Ollie used to be one of the older non-JSA heroes of the DCU.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  23. #498
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I haven't read much about these new books. Plastic Man & Green Arrow are going to be members? I thought Green Arrow was going to be a member of the regular League. Both of those characters are pretty big names.

    Here's what I'm talking about. http://www.newsarama.com/comics/Jurg...LI-110901.html

  24. #499
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,530
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Thanks. I rarely ever check out Newsarama these days. Maybe I should start again.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  25. #500
    Heroic Warrior JAG2045's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    While it doesn't have the magic of Giffen's JLI, I like what I see in this Justice League International #1 preview...

    SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST ISSUE

    http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...?pid=9677&pg=1

    I also like that Batman isn't being written as the total arse he usually is. While it was funny in JLI, I'm not a fan of the post-Frank Miller Bruce who treats everyone like pawns.
    Anyone else catch the JLU shout out by the crowd calling Booster Gold "Green Lantern"

    Have DC said why Booster is leading the team? I thought he had his own series helping Rip Hunter keep the timeline in order? Or has that been removed from DC History now?

    JAG2045
    My feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=108414
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=jag2045
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=117706

    Great traders: Blue-jackal/Fneh(2)/Daz/Royalt1us/Evil-Orko/Buythepower/Booster/Adora/Zodac101/tokyonever/lemure77(2)/Vess(2)/Scorpia/Buzzsaw Hordak/miscus555/tmc1984/General Hawk 7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •