Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    WW isn't a killer. She's a warrior. Like Beowulf, Persueus, King Arthur and all of these other heroes of antiquity who DID kill their enemies.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/36/WWMax.png

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0...1om1_super.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XdP6Lp2ceq...r.woman.v2.jpg

"Amazon's never surrender!"
    She's not imo. I didn't have a problem with the Max Lord death since there's no way good would have won without him being put down, but I think comparing Wonder Woman to Beowulf is like comparing Batman to The Punisher. There are some similarities on the surface but, overall, they are both quite different. I consider Wonder Woman a lot closer to Superman or She-Ra.

Btw, that Anime Wonder Woman from DC Direct is wrong on so many levels.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    She's not imo. I didn't have a problem with the Max Lord death since there's no way good would have won without him being put down, but I think comparing Wonder Woman to Beowulf is like comparing Batman to The Punisher. There are some similarities on the surface but, overall, they are both quite different. I consider Wonder Woman a lot closer to Superman or She-Ra.

Embrace your inner foot fetish!

While Batman and Superman are heroes, WW is a different kind of hero--the warrior hero. All those swords, axes, shields and spears in some of her pictures aren't for show. She does use them at times. She has trained to kill. That doesn't mean that she should slay everyone she encounters, but there is a difference between Diana and everyone else.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well I finally got to read Flashpoint (well, the main story, my comic store did not get the hardcovers of the sidestories for some reason) and I liked it. It was intersting to read a new take on the characters, and it is finally nice to see what caused the world to reset. I definitely think the story should have been told in 7 issues like Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis were, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I hate that statue! It came out at the same time as a sleezy Wonder Girl (Cassie) dressed like Jessica Alba's stripper character from "Sin City." Just disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I hate that statue! It came out at the same time as a sleezy Wonder Girl (Cassie) dressed like Jessica Alba's stripper character from "Sin City." Just disgusting.
    I have that statue, but then I like scantily clad warrior women. Hard as hell to get though...
    I might pick up the Mera Statue next...

She's channeling Kelly Kelly, the WWE wrestler.

To each their own. I collected these pretty regularly but definitely passed on those two because I felt they crossed the line. Especially, Cassie's since she's supposed to be a 16 year old. I had to stop buying them because they were so expensive. The ones I don't have that I want are Steel and Donna Troy as Wonder Girl. I love Mera, but I didn't like the Ame Comi version for some reason.

To each their own. I collected these pretty regularly but definitely passed on those two because I felt they crossed the line. Especially, Cassie's since she's supposed to be a 16 year old. I had to stop buying them because they were so expensive. The ones I don't have that I want are Steel and Donna Troy as Wonder Girl. I love Mera, but I didn't like the Ame Comi version for some reason.
    LOL! Cassie has been crossed the line since that night in the Kent barn.

The WWv2 was my first (and only so far) of these statues. Since they are so expensive I tend to get the ones I really like.

MegaGearMax, curse you! Having this conversation got me wondering how much these were going for on eBay and I found a seller in China that had Steel for $14.99! I bought her a Supergirl I didn't have. It's I guess the second (?) Supergirl. She's very cute and pin up girl-looking.

Attached Images Attached Images

Even though I'm one of those rare people who grew up with Wally as The Flash, but is still a fan of Barry Allen, I don't understand what DC is doing with the Flashes. They're keeping Barry & Bart around, but keeping Wally sequestered for the time being. Since they are supposedly basing what characters(or versions of characters) are being kept around on popularity, I'd think Wally would have been kept while Bart or Barry(since Barry is considered too "old school" by some of the relatively younger superhero readers) would be put into storage.

JOIN THE GROUP...

DC doesn't have its act together. Supposedly, the current Teen Titans are the first, yet they've referenced prior incarnations in Red Hood and Batwoman. Supposedly, no Crises have occurred, yet in Hawk & Dove the first is mentioned.

I think the whole DC Comics continuity is one huge mess now.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    DC doesn't have its act together. Supposedly, the current Teen Titans are the first, yet they've referenced prior incarnations in Red Hood and Batwoman. Supposedly, no Crises have occurred, yet in Hawk & Dove the first is mentioned.
    It depends. Not every comic is at the beginning. Teen Titans and JLI are obviously the first time those teams are together, however, in JLI, the first JL has existed, whereas they have not yet in Action Comics and obviously, Justice League itself. Obviously, Superman is set years after Action Comics, while all of the Batman stuff continues from the old universe.

I just read Flashpoint, so a lot of it makes sense, but some of the continuity is screwed up. Blackest Night still happened, and as such, at least Crisis on Infinite Earths had to happen. However, I think everything between those is screwed up since Barry was kinda dead, so he doesn't have any memories of what happened during that time frame.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It depends. Not every comic is at the beginning. Teen Titans and JLI are obviously the first time those teams are together, however, in JLI, the first JL has existed, whereas they have not yet in Action Comics and obviously, Justice League itself. Obviously, Superman is set years after Action Comics, while all of the Batman stuff continues from the old universe.

I just read Flashpoint, so a lot of it makes sense, but some of the continuity is screwed up. Blackest Night still happened, and as such, at least Crisis on Infinite Earths had to happen. However, I think everything between those is screwed up since Barry was kinda dead, so he doesn't have any memories of what happened during that time frame.
    Redhood mentions the New Titans era is the problem which had Grayson, and Starfire on the same team. Then there is the Cyborg issue.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    TEEN TITANS is a problem. In issue #2 Red Robin even says "I can't believe I'm thinking this -- but this was the shortest incarnation of the Teen Titans. Ever."

As for JUSTICE LEAGUE, its always been said the first arc is set after ACTION comics, but before the rest of the new 52 books.

There have been other Teen Titans teams in the past. It was alluded to in Red Hood#1 and outright mentioned in Teen Titans#2.

DC should have rebooted from scratch, but they didn't want to invalidate their entire back library. However, this is one big cluster**** as some books have more changes than others and are in the same canon.

DC should have rebooted from scratch, but they didn't want to invalidate their entire back library. However, this is one big cluster**** as some books have more changes than others and are in the same canon.
    They essentially wanted to reboot their slow selling books and not touch the ones that were successful. In trying to do both, all they did was make a huge mess where after 1 single issue of each book, there were countless continuity inconsistencies already.

It was an incredibly haphazard, rushed and not well thought out plan.

That said, I'm actually VERY interested in about 10 of the new books, and mildy interested in about 10 more. So while I think they really blew it overall, I'm actually somewhat more interested in DC in general than I have been in years.

I don't think it was their not wanting to invalidate their back library but that they didn't want to hurt the sales on the 2 franchises that were actually selling for them(Batman & Green Lantern). I also feel that's why some of the plotpoints from Brightest Day have been kept(no Hawkgirl, Deadman & Dove) since it was a glorified Green Lantern title.

I do agree they should have either just renumbered everything & made the books as accessible as they could for new readers while keeping the old canon or rebooted everything. They should also have kept Jim Lee away from costume redesigns. I think Red Robin's costume is the only new one I kinda like and that was from Brett Booth. Too bad Lee didn't stay at Marvel. He reminds me of Olivier Coipel. Good artist but awful at redesigning costumes. Imho that is.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Yeah it's a simple case of squeaky wheel gets the oil. I also agree with many it was a success by definition but chances are it isn't going to hold people. But I also find it interesting how they pick and choose complaints to address. The two biggest ones I am seeing are cost and space and we have already told them how to address that. But instead they decided to address concerns from people who probably are never going to like the format anyways. I would be like if DC made ice cream they would focus on the people who don't like ice cream because it's cold...
    Last edited by wyldman11; October 31, 2011 at 02:55pm.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by midor; November 9, 2011 at 04:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The second link is interesting, I wonder what they are doing with Wonder Woman. They make it sound like something else, maybe they are going for a 12 issue because of the way the story unfolds it works better.

So with number threes out wanted to do some updating.

Red Lanterns, issue three was actually pretty good I still feel this is more of a mini but the worst part is the first two issues seemed to want to leave the reader on a to be continued next month type note. It feels I have read two issues worth of story with issue three being mostly a complete issue.

Justice League International, A good starter issue, a slow flow up and then a third issue that again all said and told felt like I only read two issues. Third issue might be the dropping point for me, they split the team up like X-men which isn't bad for this so we can get to know them each better. But this is where the problem shows up.

Batman and Booster Gold come off just fine in interaction, but then the other three groups start go from OK to bad. Rocket Red and Ice was just OK nothing special or bad. Godiva and August General, this is where it starts getting bad. So the whole point is to show that Godiva isn't ready for this by stating it a dozen times, then showing it.

Then the worst Vixen and Fire, so they basically read off their online dating profiles to each other? Conclusion it feels like the writer doesn't write females very well because the problem started coming when the duo's started becoming more female focused, Red and Ice was OK because Rocket Red led the conversation and Ice was just reacting to him.

Batgirl, again as I figured the first issue had the biggest problems. While I understand the complaints of the series and the villain I think the villain is a good foil for her recovering from the wheel chair.

Everything else was good that I have kept up with, as I said earlier if the first issue didn't impress me enough I dropped it.
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 12, 2011 at 10:24am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    After reading Green Lantern: New Guardians, I'm really not liking what they've done to Ganthet. The Guardians are becoming psychotic, particularly with how they're treating Kyle. The only reason the Guardians exist again is because of him. The way they try and attack him seems out of character as well, for unemotional beings.

I guess I just don't like how they've gone back to the status quo with the Guardians as well. When Kyle brought them back, they were all children, male and female, and unless I've forgotten something there were hundreds of them. Now we're back to what, six?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    After reading Green Lantern: New Guardians, I'm really not liking what they've done to Ganthet. The Guardians are becoming psychotic, particularly with how they're treating Kyle. The only reason the Guardians exist again is because of him. The way they try and attack him seems out of character as well, for unemotional beings.

In the previous corps book (I believe. don't quote me) a group of lanterns noticed that they(the guardians) are NOT the same. for the first time they seemed shaken. they seem scared. I think you are seeing the actions of scared emotionaless beings. there is no logic to what they are doing. HOWEVER, the guardians themselves belive they are doing the right thing. Psychotic. To strong of word for me to call them that or their actions that

I guess I just don't like how they've gone back to the status quo with the Guardians as well. When Kyle brought them back, they were all children, male and female, and unless I've forgotten something there were hundreds of them. Now we're back to what, six?
    Retcon. Plain and simple.

I picked up Green lantern #3 and the guardians are in it. They talk. It's time for them to make their next move. Their next decision. It's a bit of a shocker. I won't say it here to avoid spoil-ors.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Wait...So... everything that has happened in the past is.... just...gone? Done away with?

All those old stories.... "never happened"?

If so...That's just stupid.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Have been reading DC for a loooong time. I feel I don't know these rebooted characters who were once old favorites.

Captain Atom, Firestorm, Hawk & Dove, Suicide Squad, JLDark. These have all lost the magic of 20 years ago.

It feels to me DC have forgotten how to reboot a'la 1985 Crisis.

This new 52 has all the vibe of the post Zero Hour titles that came and went in a blip of fan disinterest (Fate, Manhunter, that group with Red Tornado, Primal Force?). Only that feel seems to apply to all titles, perhaps except for JLI and JLA.

It hurts me to say it but I cannot see myself sticking with these comics much longer. Maybe JLI and JLA will stay ... and Aquaman cos of a lifetime of following him ... but I'm buying DC comics now out of force of habit and the hope they might improve, rather than actually enjoying them.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199