Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Wait...So... everything that has happened in the past is.... just...gone? Done away with?

All those old stories.... "never happened"?

If so...That's just stupid.
    no.............

Quote Originally Posted by General Hawk 7 View Post
    Wait...So... everything that has happened in the past is.... just...gone? Done away with?

All those old stories.... "never happened"?

If so...That's just stupid.
    Just like with most of DC previous reboots the stuff may or may not be there. For example Green Lantern has pretty much been going along like a reboot never happened same with the Batfamily of titles, there were somethings that never happened though like Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown becoming Batgirls.

Superfamily have revamped origins, some of the previous history may or may not have happened.

Then you have Legion where they call the event Flash Point, and are all it's something else that happened in the 21st century that doesn't really seem to affect the future.

Darkseid revealed

source
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=35445
    Last edited by wyldman11; November 14, 2011 at 02:12pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It's hard to believe I was once happy that Jim Lee was ensconced at DC. Unless he gives up redesigning characters, I hope he goes back to Marvel. I know that won't hppen as long as he's in his current position, but I can dream, can't I?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    It's hard to believe I was once happy that Jim Lee was ensconced at DC. Unless he gives up redesigning characters, I hope he goes back to Marvel. I know that won't hppen as long as he's in his current position, but I can dream, can't I?
    You mean you are not enjoying reliving the 1990's

All I could think of when seeing Darkseid, he even drew them in similar poses LOL

Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Ugh... that Darkseid is awful.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    You mean you are not enjoying reliving the 1990's
    I love a lot about the 90's since I was a teenager back then; the music, the movies, TV. I draw the line at 90's comics. Both Marvel & DC were putting out some of their worst books ever back then in terms of art & storylines(especially art).

JOIN THE GROUP...

Ugh... that Darkseid is terrible.
    I really don't understand why they need to redesign everything.
    It wasn't the costumes that had DC's sales in the crapper.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    New 52 DC is not only reminding me in some respects of JoeyQ's Marvel, it's also reminding me of Hollywood. If one superhero movie or TV show is unsuccessful, it must be because it wasn't "realistic" enough or because the character wore a costume instead of black leather or jeans. Jim Lee, like a lot of movie producers, seems to be adding his own mark on characters who have already been proven successful due to, imo, his own ego & to explain his large paycheck.

JOIN THE GROUP...

You are right, its the price of their damn books. Ridiculous. That's why I dont collect comics any more.

Less writting, more often than not I dont like the artwork any more, and they think they can tell a story with just their pictures (some can, many cant). But MORE COST.

I got out LONG ago. Miss the good ol days.
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

New 52 DC is not only reminding me in some respects of JoeyQ's Marvel, it's also reminding me of Hollywood. If one superhero movie or TV show is unsuccessful, it must be because it wasn't "realistic" enough or because the character wore a costume instead of black leather or jeans. Jim Lee, like a lot of movie producers, seems to be adding his own mark on characters who have already been proven successful due to, imo, his own ego & to explain his large paycheck.
    well, the argument to that is DC was bleeding before 52 when they had good stories like blackest night.

Yeah it was because if it was anything like bad writing or management it would be their own fault... Simply put it's easier to blame something else then take blame upon oneself.

I think Marvel has only beaten them more recently because they have done a better job of publicity through the movies. That and die hard Marvel fans who are more fans of the product then quality. Not to say there aren't good Marvel comics but the majority of them aren't any better than DC.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    well, the argument to that is DC was bleeding before 52 when they had good stories like blackest night.
    The increase in sales has had to do with hype and what was seen by many as an easy entry into the DCU. I feel they would have been just as good, if not better, if they kept the costumes most people(whether through comics, cartoons, or toys) were already used to. Sure, you're never going to please everyone, but most of the reasons given in the past as to why people don't read DC had less to do with the costumes and more to do with people finding DC too hard to get into or thinking they still resembled their "outdated" Silver Age versions.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I think Marvel has only beaten them more recently because they have done a better job of publicity through the movies. That and die hard Marvel fans who are more fans of the product then quality. Not to say there aren't good Marvel comics but the majority of them aren't any better than DC.
    I agree. I am not a fan of JoeyQ at all, but he got the Marvel name out there at all costs. Marvel fans have also always seemed to be more loyal than DC fans for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; November 15, 2011 at 12:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

I agree. I am not a fan of JoeyQ at all, but he got the Marvel name out there at all costs. Marvel fans have also always seemed to be more loyal than DC fans for whatever reason.
    I don't know if I would say loyal, loyal to me is more just the verbal side of faith. They tend to be verbal in their preference for DC but when it comes to buying product (the active side of faith) they tend to fail at.

But I do agree with you.

Making him Editor in Chief was probably a mistake, but he absolutely revitalized a handful of dying books when he started "Marvel Knights".

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Making him Editor in Chief was probably a mistake, but he absolutely revitalized a handful of dying books when he started "Marvel Knights".
    I always wondered if Bill Jemas was a bad influence on him.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Last edited by wyldman11; November 16, 2011 at 05:54pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Here are my latest reviews of DC books for Sciencefiction.com. I reviewed a couple of X-Books, too. You can click on my name to see everything I've written for them.

I, Vampire REALLY underrated and under-read. It's actually quite good, although its DC's poorest selling book.
    Justice League Dark
    Teen Titans
    Aquaman

In summary, Aquaman just KILLS it, Teen Titans is garbage, JLDark is intriguing, but not blowing my mind or anything and I, Vampire deserves more of a chance than it's being given.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Sorry, I found the first issue of I Vampire to be dreadful and just chiming in on the vampire teen romance crap phase.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I, Vampire was a comic story originally told in 1981 in House of Mystery and ran for 30 issues.

Not to say they didn't bring it back because of current vampire craze. And the only mention of storytelling I will make is comics in general aren't written the same today as they were back in the 80s.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I've been holding back on posting anything because I've had a hard time keeping up. A friend of mine has been letting me read his downloaded copies, though, so I'm getting caught up, and I've now read at least the first issue of everything, and am totally caught up on others.

Overall, it's a mixed bag for me. The two families I most cared about pre-DCnU are actually still pretty decent - Batman & GL. I'm not crazy about doing away with Oracle, but there is something great about having Babs back as Batgirl. (And what the hell happened to Batwoman? Did she get Jokerized at some point?) Otherwise, the Bat-titles seem fine. I'm really digging the Sinestro-with-ring thing, and I think New Guardians is funny - but so far Red Lantern Corps seems like a pointless book.

All-Star Western has been a pleasant surprise, and I like all three of the JL titles. Aquaman's also been fun, and I find myself wanting a lot more.

Not sure how I feel yet about Superman, Wonder Woman, Titans, and the two Legion books. Demon Knights may have potential, but it also may peter out.

I've already nixed about a dozen titles, but those were books/characters I was never really into - it's less about the reboot then it is about lack of general interest. Deathstroke's book is just stupid, IMO - let's see how much carnage we can cram into every issue? I'm still kind of appalled by Outsiders and Suicide Squad - conceptually, they're OK, but what the hell happened to Starfire & Harley Quinn? Not only are they both acting like tarts, neither character feels like they're being written even remotely like they should. (Again, IMO.)

Can't get into Stormwatch, as much as I like J'onn.

There's a few that I'm sort of watching-and-waiting on. Flash seems really dull to me....I hope it picks up once this clone story is over. Firestorm may have potential (though it seems they're totally rethinking Killer Frost). Hawkman also may go somewhere, but the Wolverine aspect of him (complete with endoskeletal claws now, thanks to the Nth metal?) seems derivative. Can I assume Shayera's missing because of Brightest Day? (in other words, that carried over post-Flashpoint?)

I still think DC could have benefited with an "Ultimates" universe, rather than scrapping a ton of great stories. And I wish I knew what still 'counted'.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Sorry, I found the first issue of I Vampire to be dreadful and just chiming in on the vampire teen romance crap phase.
    It doesn't have anything in common with 'Twilight' other than the vampire thing, but I agree that it was probably developed to cash in on the vampire craze right now. I didn't LOVE the first issue either, but I kept with it and by the third issue, I was really on board. Oh! AND the artists on the book totally tweeted my review to their followers! That completely blew my mind!

But basically, like I said, it's DC's worst selling book and it absolutely doesn't deserve to be. Not with 'Red Hood' and 'Hawk & Dove' and so much other garbage out there. Even 'Teen Titans' is dreadful now. 'Vampire' is not my favorite book, but it's well-done and the creators seem to be putting in a lot of effort, which can't be said for so many other books in the DC New 52.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Marvel did it first...Curse of the Mutants had Mutants vs Vampires this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    I've already nixed about a dozen titles, but those were books/characters I was never really into - it's less about the reboot then it is about lack of general interest. Deathstroke's book is just stupid, IMO - let's see how much carnage we can cram into every issue? I'm still kind of appalled by Outsiders and Suicide Squad - conceptually, they're OK, but what the hell happened to Starfire & Harley Quinn? Not only are they both acting like tarts, neither character feels like they're being written even remotely like they should. (Again, IMO.)
    Except for most Batman and GL characters, EVERYONE is acting differently, even Superman and Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; November 28, 2011 at 07:22pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Marvel did it first...Curse of the Mutants had Mutants vs Vampires this summer.

Except for most Batman and GL characters, EVERYONE is acting differently, even Superman and Wonder Woman.
    You're right - is that deliberate, or is it just sloppy? (I.e., did DC command decide that they needed to totally rethink the personalities, or is just the result of everything being changed?) It seems to be Clark et al. could still function just fine as they people they've always been - and their personalities never really changed much, if at all, in previous reboots (WW not withstanding.)

I'm not crazy about the new take on Ollie, for one, and I miss the JL-relationships. Any word on where the Atom is? And has the JSA been completely negated now?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Any word on where the Atom is? And has the JSA been completely negated now?
    Ray Palmer is a supporting character in 'Frankenstein: Agent of SHADE.' Ryan Choi is The Atom who will be appearing in 'Justice League' whenever it converts to the present. The Justice Society will be returning in a series set on Earth 2. They never existed on this new DC Earth. Not sure how this affects Power Girl/Karen Star from 'Mr. Terrible'... I mean 'Terrific.'

I find it odd that Ryan Choi is now the Atom after having just been killed, but, so far, Ray Palmer is the only one who has been used in the New 52. I actually liked Ryan Choi, but the differences between him & Ray Palmer are minuscule at best(especially since the "reboot" makes them both blank slates).

JOIN THE GROUP...