Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Reboots Universe.

The Animal Man cover is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    damian wayne has been robin since the death of batman
    Yeah and they said that this was NOT a reboot and that they were just turning time back to make the characters younger, which is how Barbara will be Batgirl again and (not confirmed but everyone knows it's going to happen) Lois and Clark won't be married. So Damian Wayne shouldn't have even been born yet, or if he had, depending on how far back they are turning time, he'd be a baby or small child. So this IS a reboot and they're just picking and choosing what elements they do and don't want. They've got teenage Damian Wayne, but younger (i.e. single-er and sexier) versions of the Justice League, Babs as Batgirl... it's a total reboot!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Interesting that Voodoo is crossing over. That makes me think the 4th woman on the cover of Birds of Prey may be Rose Tattoo from The Authority.
    I thought it was Grace Choi, but that was just a guess.
    Last edited by Wonderboy_JMB; June 7, 2011 at 05:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior OverlordSkeletor's Avatar
    The more I see of this it looks to me like an Ultimate type of revamp because that is what they did when launched that universe.

It looks like what All Star should have been. I was hoping Nightwing would wind up being Jason Todd because I liked the idea of Grayson staying Batman because that was something that he deserved after all these years.

I find it kind of weird to see characters from completely separate universes being brought into the DCU proper.
    Grief Is The Price We Pay For Love

Live The Life That Unfolds Before You

Browncoats stand up and be proud.

Looking Backward Is Fine But Going Backwards Isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    which is how Barbara will be Batgirl again and (not confirmed but everyone knows it's going to happen)
    Gail Simone confirmed it.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/06...rn-to-batgirl/

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think he meant the end of Lois and Clark's marriage was unconfirmed but assumed.

Oh and yes, that Animal Man cover is awesome.
    Bill :: guitargod694

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Let's do a checklist.

I'm basing this list off of offical announcements . No probables. no rumored, most likelies or I was reading over at.......

JLA
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Flash
    Fury of Firestorm
    Hawkman
    Green Arrow
    JLI
    Mr Terrific
    Captain Atom
    DC Universe Presents
    GL
    GL Corps
    GL:The New Guardians
    Red Lanterns
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin
    Batman: Dark Knight
    Birds of Prey
    Batgirl
    Catwoman
    Batwing
    Batwoman
    Red Hood and The Outlaws
    Nightwing
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Demon Knights
    Justice League Dark
    Frankenstein, Agent of Shade
    adding to list:
    Resurrection Man
    VooDoo
    vampire

Quote Originally Posted by guitargod694 View Post
    I think he meant the end of Lois and Clark's marriage was unconfirmed but assumed.

Oh and yes, that Animal Man cover is awesome.
    That is what I meant, thanks!

Yeah and they said that this was NOT a reboot and that they were just turning time back to make the characters younger, which is how Barbara will be Batgirl again and (not confirmed but everyone knows it's going to happen) Lois and Clark won't be married. So Damian Wayne shouldn't have even been born yet, or if he had, depending on how far back they are turning time, he'd be a baby or small child. So this IS a reboot and they're just picking and choosing what elements they do and don't want. They've got teenage Damian Wayne, but younger (i.e. single-er and sexier) versions of the Justice League, Babs as Batgirl... it's a total reboot!

wouldn't a reboot make **** robin again? it's not a "reboot". more like a giant retcon.

wouldn't a reboot make **** robin again? it's not a "reboot". more like a giant retcon.
    When they first made the announcement, I was actually thinking they WOULD revert the classic Teen Titans back into their original sidekick roles, with the talk of making everyone younger and "more easily recognizable." (Even though they're changing everyone's classic costumes... ) But like I said, they aren't just going back in time, it seems like the majority of these titles are completely overhauling the concepts and characters and there doesn't seem like there's a consistent set of rules governing these changes. Hate to keep repeating things, but Barbara is Batgirl again (presumably never shot by Joker), Lois & Clark WILL not be married, it sounds like Hawkman and Firestorm are just assuming their identities, YET there's Damian Wayne as Robin. What sense does that make? They're just throwing stuff out there. Batman Inc is coming back next year. Maybe it'll all make sense once the books come out, but right now, it just seems like a mishmash with no real direction.

Heroic Warrior

Now up to 39 titles

I'm basing this list off of offical announcements . No probables. no rumored, most likelies or I was reading over at.......

JLA
    Wonder Woman
    Aquaman
    Flash
    Fury of Firestorm
    Hawkman
    Green Arrow
    JLI
    Mr Terrific
    Captain Atom
    DC Universe Presents
    GL
    GL Corps
    GL:The New Guardians
    Red Lanterns
    Batman
    Detective Comics
    Batman & Robin
    Batman: Dark Knight
    Birds of Prey
    Batgirl
    Catwoman
    Batwing
    Batwoman
    Red Hood and The Outlaws
    Nightwing
    Animal Man
    Swamp Thing
    Resurrection Man
    Demon Knights
    Justice League Dark
    Frankenstein, Agent of Shade
    VooDoo
    I, Vampire

Adding to the list:
    Legion Lost
    Legion of Superheroes
    Teen Titans
    Static Shock
    Hawk And Dove

Oh my stars and garters.

The Teen Titans #1 solicit makes my eyes bleed.

It looks like they are going for a teenage demographic, with the blood they are showing on the covers swords and guns are prevalent.
    But I have a feeling they are about 3-5 years too late with all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Oh my stars and garters.

The Teen Titans #1 solicit makes my eyes bleed.
    And would have made my ears bleed if someone read the text to me.

Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund.

Last edited by wyldman11; June 8, 2011 at 12:43pm.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    And would have made my ears bleed if someone read the text to me.

Tim Drake is forced to step out from behind his keyboard when an international organization seeks to capture or kill super-powered teenagers. As Red Robin, he must team up with the mysterious and belligerent powerhouse thief known as Wonder Girl and a hyperactive speedster calling himself Kid Flash in TEEN TITANS #1, by Scott Lobdell and artists Brett Booth and Norm Rapmund.

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/files/2...tans_promo.jpg
    i must have DCUC figs for all of those. They are awesome looking costumes.

When they first made the announcement, I was actually thinking they WOULD revert the classic Teen Titans back into their original sidekick roles, with the talk of making everyone younger and "more easily recognizable." (Even though they're changing everyone's classic costumes... ) But like I said, they aren't just going back in time, it seems like the majority of these titles are completely overhauling the concepts and characters and there doesn't seem like there's a consistent set of rules governing these changes. Hate to keep repeating things, but Barbara is Batgirl again (presumably never shot by Joker), Lois & Clark WILL not be married, it sounds like Hawkman and Firestorm are just assuming their identities, YET there's Damian Wayne as Robin. What sense does that make? They're just throwing stuff out there. Batman Inc is coming back next year. Maybe it'll all make sense once the books come out, but right now, it just seems like a mishmash with no real direction.
    right. that's why it's not a reboot, but a retcon. a reboot would mean everything is reset to a certain period in time. a retcon is changes to characters which is what is happening.

my guess is that this IS like Marvel's Heroes Reborn story when Scarlet Witch said No More Mutants and everything changed. eventually whatever that speedster did in the past will be fixed and everything will go back to normal.
    Last edited by EldestSon; June 8, 2011 at 12:48pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So Teen Titans are now a gang of miscreants
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

my guess is that this IS like Marvel's Heroes Reborn story when Scarlet Witch said No More Mutants and everything changed. eventually whatever that speedster did in the past will be fixed and everything will go back to normal.
    Heroes Reborn was a follow up to Onslaught, The Scarlet Witch story was House of M.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Heroes Reborn was a follow up to Onslaught, The Scarlet Witch story was House of M.
    you're right. i meant house of m.

New-Raven and New-Cassie (Wonder Girl) are scaring me. Justin Bieber Red Robin and Superboy just make me cringe.

And why is Witchblade on the team?

(And yeah, the solicit text horrified me as well, wyldman)

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    So Teen Titans are now a gang of miscreants
    All teenagers are miscreants... duh.
    Bill :: guitargod694

If the Red Robin costume was simplified a bit it could be a striking design.

The rest are just awful - more costumes that already look 20 years dated. And I really hope Superboy doesn't go around with an "S shield" taped to the back of his shirt.

I actually LIKE the Red Robin costume except for the fact that Robin was inspired by Robin Hood, not the bird, which everyone at DC seems to have forgotten.

Sandman, I deperately hope that isn't Raven! George Perez designed her to be very modest and her body was frail with little curves and small breasts. Now she looks like a typical Image female sexualized over the top! That would be crushing to me!

Wonder Girl, okay they need to tone down the excessive barbed wire, but am I alone in being glad she's at least wearing a COSTUME versus jeans and a tee shirt? The hood, shoulder pads, arm bracers... I actually like them!

All of these characters are over developed for teens though.

I like the art on this and I like the use of some of the more unique Legionnaires like Tellus and Gates. I love Dawnstar's costume! Also, someone let Mr. Terrific know they found his lost jacket. Ha ha... but seriously, is that Tyroc? The discs on the jacvket made me think maybe they'd made Cosmic Boy black, which would be a bold move.

I'm glad Static is getting his book back and I hope it's not all grim 'n' gritty. The cover looks nice.

Hawk & Dove... fer serious, DC? Liefeld?!

Was interested in Hawk & Dove........Until I saw the artist. Why dies Liefeld still get work in this industry? He's terrible, and always has been, even when everyone else thought he was god.

And Jim Lee's character designs are usually pretty bad - That cover to Teen Titans proves it......
    This space for rent, apparently.....

but seriously, is that Tyroc? The discs on the jacvket made me think maybe they'd made Cosmic Boy black, which would be a bold move.
    I'm sure that's Tyroc. He appears to be yelling and the discs are very much a part of his look:

As much as I am fan of Liefeld omg does the 2011 Hawk and Dove scream 1990's

Major step down from what I thought was an excellent part of Brightest Day
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

And this time Karl Kessel won't be redrawing most of it...

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It's too much to hope this is all a practical joke, right?

I hate to sound like a typical fanboy, but nothing I'm seeing is making me want to read any of this. If this were an Ultimates-type universe this would all be fine, but as it is I'm seriously not looking forward to any of these titles.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."