Thread: Do you have suggestions for the 2013 year-in-review main page polls? Post 'em here!

Do you have suggestions for the 2013 year-in-review main page polls? Post 'em here!

I'm getting ready for the yearly round of polls on the main page. There will be the most favorite / least favorite vote as usual.

But what other types of things would you like to see the public vote on? I humbly request we keep it to general issues that most people would vote on and not specific things like "Do you want Blast-Attak in MOTUC?"

It can be product related, Digital River related, etc. And please don't post something cheeky, disrespectful and rude like "Should so-and-so be fired?"

Please keep it to things that happened in 2013 or about things that involve the future of the brand. So with all that in mind, please post your ideas and thank you!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Hi Val, id like to see a poll run on the fans thoughts on spirit of hordak whether it was a good or bad system the way it was handled. The idea was fun but alot of international fans like myself would be asleep by the time hordak appeared and then went back into hiding, i know from fans posts that he wasnt always easy to get and i still missed out on him even through early access i was away with work and was sold out for good. Its all good i will pick him up eventually but maybe he could had appeared and then disappeared only a few times, i think the fun gesture started to get annoying, well for me anyway.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

That's a good one. SOH was definitely a figure of much debate throughout the year.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    • Would fans want character repaints instead of translucent figures? Examples are Cardback Ram Man, Mini-Comic Trap Jaw, Filmation Evil-Lyn or Trap Jaw, White Frosta (instead of gray), a non-transparent Green Goddess, red Beast Man, etc.

• Would you be open to getting 2.0 versions of characters (old characters with new features or previously released characters with fan-requested changes) if the line is still around in 2016?
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; January 5, 2014 at 04:05pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    POWER-CON
    Future location
    guests we enjoyed seeing vs guests who we still want to see (types of panels)
    types of venders we liked the most
    what property could join Power-Con?
    A write in suggestion box; I'd like to see more activities for children since not all panels are suitable for small kids.
    They would probably enjoy age appropriate activities. Parents might enjoy day care drop off and pick up?

The cell phone game/App.
    level of enjoyment 1-10
    how much you would pay for added content.
    the types of added content would we like to see
    other styles of games we might enjoy including platforms.

The comics.
    are they good.
    do they suck.
    creative team popularity contest.
    rating system for each story
    rate each new costume from 1-10

A metric ton of preferences checklist (free market research...) questionnaire in terms of EVERYTHING....
    what creators we want to see back, or to join the team.
    What other comic we have read, do read or plan to read.
    style of art we enjoy and think fit MOTU.

tone of stories past and future.
    ratio of classic stuff (references)
    ratio of progressive stuff (new ideas)
    Amount of lore/back story we want to see.
    what old stories we want to see revisited or expanded upon ( I want more PoG era!)

Would we buy MOTU stories set in different continuities? Which continuities and/or Eras?
    Savage Eternia, Anti-Eternia, Filmation/Post Filmation, Powers of Grayskull, She-Ra, New Adventures, 200X or Son of He-Man?

ratio of grittiness,
    ratio of humor
    types of humor
    level of seriousness
    How much technology do we want on Eternia. Who knows how to use it and when?
    how much magic do we want
    how much skin is respectable. (that is a BIG issue)
    How characters (especially women) are portrayed.
    Are you willing to read this to a 3 year old before bed time.
    Characters used (Fisto to little Teela too much)
    what characters we want to see.
    fill in artists yes/no
    do we want done in one issues
    more cross overs? (like TMNT or Thunder-Cats)

What other types of books we want...
    Novel, in canon encyclopedia, non-fiction art books, Photo comics/novels/storybooks, catalogs coloring books, sticker albums?

Gauge the over all level of expectations. I dunno I'm just spit balling I could probably go on for a while but I'm going to stop my self. My point is to find the acceptable levels of retro vs change in order to guide future creative teams instead of just guessing or making extremely biased creative decisions based on one or two peoples personal canon. (not a judgement, just an observation)
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; January 5, 2014 at 09:30am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Would fans like a create your own figure package?

This could be a figure with different armor and helmets, mask, etc. With each weapon pack could be an added accessory to the figure.

Merry Christmas! The All American's Avatar
    In 2016, do you want MOTUC to focus more on finishing New Adventures and Filmation characters, or would you rather have the focus on 2.0 figures of major characters (like He-Man and Teela)?

I'd like to see the fans choice from the second vehicle in the line, if one were to hypothetically be possible. Talon Fighter, Attack Trak, Roton, Land Shark, etc.

Maybe even a poll for which Meteorb should be released in the same hypothetical sense.

How about, after the completion of vintage MOTU and POP, would you buy figures from the current MOTU comics done in MOTUC style? DC comics, minis comics, both, or neither?
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

I'd like to see the fans choice from the second vehicle in the line, if one were to hypothetically be possible. Talon Fighter, Attack Trak, Roton, Land Shark, etc.
    I second that!

Maybe something like this: What was the least expected reveal for the 2014 line?

What was your most wanted yet difficult figure to get in 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmonster31 View Post
    I second that!
    I third that!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I'm going to add, from the latest RGD:
    Would you like to see a continuation of the vintage MOTU line in the same scale, style, articulation, vintage packaging with mini-comics?

Also, if anyone sees something suggested above they like, please second/third/etc it like other fans are doing. thanks!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    You mean like He-Ro and Eldor or Shadow Weaver got produced in 1987 and reissued today

No I would hate that idea

Life long achievement unlocked. Life complete!
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I'm going to add, from the latest RGD:
    Would you like to see a continuation of the vintage MOTU line in the same scale, style, articulation, vintage packaging with mini-comics?
    My God yes!

Also, I would love the Son of Hero aimed at children idea to run side by side with a continued vintage line. The vintage one for the adult collector and the SoH (with accompanying media) to share with the younger ones. That sounds like a nearly perfect MOTU collecting world.
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!