Thread: Kuduk Ungol The Eagle Sorceress for MOTUC

Hybrid View

Kuduk Ungol The Eagle Sorceress for MOTUC

Many of the recent posts have got me thinking about my favorite Filmation characters possibly being included in the line.

Kudok Ungol was one of the most intriguing characters from that series, having appeared in The Origin of The Sorceress episode. Little is known about her except for the fact that she was The Sorceress of Grayskull just before Teela Na. She was a much older sorceress, very cryptic, and shrouded in mystery. She has what looked to be of an Eagle motif whereas Teela Na was that of a Falcon. Origin of The Sorceress was a great episode as it further ties the He-Man series to She-Ra and establishes The Horde as a past threat to Eternia.

As for having her as a figure, she looks too similar the the regular Sorceress and would have to somehow be redesigned maybe to look more eagle like.

And while I'd love to have her as a figure, I also wonder if that would make too many Sorceresses having The regular Sorceress, 200x, NA, then you have The Goddess, Veena, and The Enchantress.

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Just give to us a second head of her together the regular Sorceress and we can have Kuduk Ungol!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Just give to us a second head of her together the regular Sorceress and we can have Kuduk Ungol!
    So true...

If they did get the rights and make her, I'd be happy getting her.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I agree. I hope it's a secret accessory!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Accessories could include Filmation accurate Swords of Power.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

currently I'm planning on using my All White Sorceress (assuming I'm able to get her a full year after now, heheh) as the "previous Sorceress" who will be whoever.

This particular character need a figure? Sure, if we get a new head/headress sculpt. But really, the previous Sorcerss is the only reason I can validate buying the all white sorceress (ignoring that top notch orb holder)

SO I guess I'm saying I'll have my "kuduk Ungle". Do I want an older looking Sorceress? Heavens no. Egad no.

I love to see this characte produced. It would also be the perfect way to justify doing a Sorceress 2.0, with improved wings designed the way they were originally supposed to be done. All that's needed is a new head, and a retool of the existing wings sculpt.

You could then take your original Sorceress head and put it on this upgraded version. Perhaps the wings could also be more a Filmation accurate all-orange.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    And while I'd love to have her as a figure, I also wonder if that would make too many Sorceresses having The regular Sorceress, 200x, NA, then you have The Goddess, Veena, and The Enchantress.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=13221
    Don't forget Teela as Sorceress...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/ Sleetah

I never saw her as having an eagle motif.

She has the same exact costume as Teela'Na except for some "gray feathers," which I guessed were added to suggest age.

An eagle motif would be cool for another sorceress though. Just as the owl motif was used for The Enchantress.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    If they could begin by giving us the vintage, Filmation Sorceress, I'd be more than happy, and that would be a great start !

THEN we could have some Sorceress variants. But PLEASE release the "real thing" (vintage, Filmation Sorceress) first !

There was more than just the difference of gray feathers. the birds eyes and it's beak were different as well. I dont know what it is that suggests eagle about the head dress but that what bird I think of when i see it for some reason and i know others have thought of her as an eagle as well

i like the eagle-motif vibe on the sorceress and other related characters ... it gives the characters an native american vibe which i think is very cool ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Wait, those are supposed to be gray feathers? They always read as "light blue" to me. Huh.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I never saw her as having an eagle motif.

She has the same exact costume as Teela'Na except for some "gray feathers," which I guessed were added to suggest age.

An eagle motif would be cool for another sorceress though. Just as the owl motif was used for The Enchantress.
    If you compare the two, you can see the difference in the bird's masks, different eyes, beak, shape. Ungol's mask looks more like an eagle or hawk with those round eyes.

She's now available! But will Mattel actually make her?

Last edited by danielsan52; July 24, 2011 at 11:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Kuduk Ungol/Sorceress 2.0

As a kind of follow on from Val's thread and other similar ones active currently, I got thinking about how they would re-release some of the figures e.g Teela.

That led me to think about the Sorceress; she had some issues, mainly with the wing functionality. Many previous threads have looked at the problems and possible fixes in detail so I won't do that here.

So, would a Kuduk Ungol figure, that had a better wing design and a more Filmation deco (all orange inner wings) be a figure people would buy?

As well as being a separate character, with a more aged head sculpt and slightly different headdress, the figure could essentially be a Sorceress 2.0 in a similar way to Bubble Power She-Ra. She could also come with other accessories or artifacts.

I understand other Sorceress type variants like Veena may be more demanded, but character wise Kuduk Ungol was quite important in the Filmation episode in which she appeared, "The Origin of the Sorceress."
    With Castle Grayskull now in the hands of many of us, the issue with the wings has been highlighted again as we try to get our Sorceress to sit on the throne.

Would like to hear people's thoughts.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by paulioscorchio; January 6, 2014 at 12:24pm.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

That is an awesome idea. I know folks would love to have one on their CG thrones.

No reruns in the sub. I don't want to have to but another sorceress because other people missed out or don't want to pony up the secondary market price.

Kuduk Ungol is a cool idea but the laziest design possible. Filmation cheapness at work. No to this figure.

I think it's a great idea to get a Sorceress re-release. I would also be okay if they just released her head in a heads pak at some point. I think she could be a pretty important character if they flesh out her bio a bit.

As a Filmation fan I'd absolutely like her as a figure. Especially if she also had re-designed wings without those ugly drums on the back and be able to fit on the throne.