Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kuduk Ungol The Eagle Sorceress for MOTUC

Kuduk Ungol The Eagle Sorceress for MOTUC

Many of the recent posts have got me thinking about my favorite Filmation characters possibly being included in the line.

Kudok Ungol was one of the most intriguing characters from that series, having appeared in The Origin of The Sorceress episode. Little is known about her except for the fact that she was The Sorceress of Grayskull just before Teela Na. She was a much older sorceress, very cryptic, and shrouded in mystery. She has what looked to be of an Eagle motif whereas Teela Na was that of a Falcon. Origin of The Sorceress was a great episode as it further ties the He-Man series to She-Ra and establishes The Horde as a past threat to Eternia.

As for having her as a figure, she looks too similar the the regular Sorceress and would have to somehow be redesigned maybe to look more eagle like.

And while I'd love to have her as a figure, I also wonder if that would make too many Sorceresses having The regular Sorceress, 200x, NA, then you have The Goddess, Veena, and The Enchantress.

Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    Just give to us a second head of her together the regular Sorceress and we can have Kuduk Ungol!
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    Just give to us a second head of her together the regular Sorceress and we can have Kuduk Ungol!
    So true...

If they did get the rights and make her, I'd be happy getting her.
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    And while I'd love to have her as a figure, I also wonder if that would make too many Sorceresses having The regular Sorceress, 200x, NA, then you have The Goddess, Veena, and The Enchantress.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ictureid=13221
    Don't forget Teela as Sorceress...
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

I never saw her as having an eagle motif.

She has the same exact costume as Teela'Na except for some "gray feathers," which I guessed were added to suggest age.

An eagle motif would be cool for another sorceress though. Just as the owl motif was used for The Enchantress.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    If they could begin by giving us the vintage, Filmation Sorceress, I'd be more than happy, and that would be a great start !

THEN we could have some Sorceress variants. But PLEASE release the "real thing" (vintage, Filmation Sorceress) first !

There was more than just the difference of gray feathers. the birds eyes and it's beak were different as well. I dont know what it is that suggests eagle about the head dress but that what bird I think of when i see it for some reason and i know others have thought of her as an eagle as well

i like the eagle-motif vibe on the sorceress and other related characters ... it gives the characters an native american vibe which i think is very cool ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Wait, those are supposed to be gray feathers? They always read as "light blue" to me. Huh.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    If this starts and works out well we could end up with a bunch of different Sorceressesesseess'. Loads of different bird motifes. I'd love to see the Emu Sorceress!!!
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Dodo Sorceress for Preternia.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I've thought about this and i'm not sure to be honest. Maybe as a bonus figure sometime down the road?

I can envision an SDCC Sorceress (not Kuduk Ungol) and Teela-Na as the accessory. I don't think this would sit well with many fans though

I always thought that she has the falcon design and those gray/blue feathers in her headdress represented her old age.

I love the Sorceress lineage in MOTU and would gladly buy her as an individual figure, I would assume that the 4HM would give her an awesome accessory to make up for all the re-use of Teela-na's parts. Seeing how Mattel is a just a business with the goal of making money then it makes sense that they would want to give her an individual release to cash in on an opportunity to re-use existing parts.

If 1 of the 4 reveals at this years SDCC is Filmation rights then I think that there is a good chance we could get her as just a bonus head packed in with Teela-na because my gut tells me that we will see the Sorceress at SDCC 2012 and that would give them 1 year incorporate Filmation additions into the MOTUC line.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Once we get the regular version, I think something like this would definitely be a candidate for a quarterly variant (the Sorceress was mentioned as an "a-lister" in one of the recent Ask Matty rounds).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm hoping we see some incarnation of the Sorceress soon. I would even be fine if the 200X Sorceress was released first. There are several quarterly variants and other potential figures (pending Filmation rights) who could benefit from the reuse her parts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I never saw her as having an eagle motif.

She has the same exact costume as Teela'Na except for some "gray feathers," which I guessed were added to suggest age.

An eagle motif would be cool for another sorceress though. Just as the owl motif was used for The Enchantress.
    If you compare the two, you can see the difference in the bird's masks, different eyes, beak, shape. Ungol's mask looks more like an eagle or hawk with those round eyes.

She's now available! But will Mattel actually make her?

Last edited by danielsan52; July 24, 2011 at 11:47am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    I agree. I hope it's a secret accessory!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Accessories could include Filmation accurate Swords of Power.
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Dodo Sorceress for Preternia.
    I want an Archaeopteryx Sorceress, or even a pterosaur Sorceress. Turbodactyl Sorceress with a jetpack?
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    If they give us a second head, maybe as secret accessory, I wish a new sculpture of old woman, not only a repaint... just for fun on my sunday...

"One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-΄

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Wait, those are supposed to be gray feathers? They always read as "light blue" to me. Huh.
    You're right:

I'd rather her be more than a just Sorceress repaint. The colors could(should) be toned down, like my mockup above, but the accessories are what would make her worthwhile and differentiate her from the Sorceress.

Two heads, one young, one older
    New staff
    Filmation accurate Swords of Power for He-Man and She-Ra
    Danielsan

All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    I would like for Kuduk Ungol to have her own figure, as opposed to just a second head--I'd like to see the Sorceress that's coming in January equipped with a Teela'na head (i.e. non-headdress, long, big red hair)!
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    I would like for Kuduk Ungol to have her own figure, as opposed to just a second head--I'd like to see the Sorceress that's coming in January equipped with a Teela'na head (i.e. non-headdress, long, big red hair)!
    The "headdress" was part of her head after the transformation, though - it was still on her head when she was asleep! (Whereas she changed the rest of her uniform for a nightdress)

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    The "headdress" was part of her head after the transformation, though - it was still on her head when she was asleep! (Whereas she changed the rest of her uniform for a nightdress)
    You are absolutely correct...but that always bugged me, LOL! I mean, it just looked so darned uncomfortable to sleep in! Seriously, though, I know you're correct, but it would be a nice nod to MVC's depiction of her sans-headdress after she read Evil-Lyn's poisoned mind.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook