Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Masters of the Universe Toy Display 1986

Heroic Warrior
    Police Story came out 85 so plausible
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

The year is 1986...

And Mattel has invested some major money into advertising MOTU. What you are about to see is actual footage from one of their mall displays...

The Hordak costume is kind of cool... but just keep watching... just keep watching... There is a little magic on the way, and you won't believe your eyes...
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; April 22, 2012 at 12:48am.

There never has been a cooler traveling toy display than that and never will be again!The He-Man/Skeletor battle at the end had to be mind blowing for a kid in 86' to see!THANKS FOR SHARING THIS WITH US Sky Breaker!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it. But I think the other 59 people were looking for the original Upside Down Face He-Man.

we need more holograms in advertising

that was awesome! didn't expect how it ended.

Luck is for losers GK Version 1's Avatar
    I want to go to there....

Now that was cool(the hordak costume was freaky though)
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

Holy crap that was freaking cool. I would cut a hole in the wall of my house to get that display in. That would be the ultimate display piece to have. Makes you wonder what happened to it.

Wow, that was beyond cool!!! And Mattel wonders why they don't have a hit like they did with MotU back in 80s: It's because they don't treat it like this anymore!

I went to a MotU thing like that when I was a kid in the 80s, but it was just a few characters. I never saw a display like that in my mall.

I'd love to have a room like that.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Widget
    The show you saw, was the 1985 Mattel Toy Tour. The Masters of the Universe on Tour couldn't fit in the Glendale Mall. In 1985, Mattel included Barbie on Tour, Hot Wheels, Rainbow Bright, and Heman. The Heman display was only a stage and the skull of the Grayskull. A very large Orko would perform a magic show four times a day. There was also appearances of one of two body builders in the guise of Heman who appear during the day and Hordak.

- - - Updated - - -

Josh, I took the display to Neptune Mall and Ocean County Mall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Van Pelt View Post
    That was amazing! Does anyone know what mall in NJ it made a stop at?
    - - - Updated - - -

The posters were all taken back my Mattel at the end of the tour. I was given a large stack of decals to hand out after the tour was completed. Hmmm, still have some. The poster were one sheet size and also 1/4 sheet size. I will try to post them if possible on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Have any of the posters and/or decals surfaced?

That was so awesome. I'm glad you bumped the thread. I had not seen that before! Not exactly to that type of scale...but i remember small He-Man display at an Andersons in Toledo, OH.

Quote Originally Posted by sircory-1 View Post
    Yep, I remember the Ebay auctions for Snake Mountain and Castle Grayskull. The minute I saw this video, I knew they came from that display!
    did anyone wind up buying it? someone should pool together next time it resurfaces

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TourManager1986 View Post
    The show you saw, was the 1985 Mattel Toy Tour. The Masters of the Universe on Tour couldn't fit in the Glendale Mall. In 1985, Mattel included Barbie on Tour, Hot Wheels, Rainbow Bright, and Heman. The Heman display was only a stage and the skull of the Grayskull. A very large Orko would perform a magic show four times a day. There was also appearances of one of two body builders in the guise of Heman who appear during the day and Hordak.

- - - Updated - - -

Josh, I took the display to Neptune Mall and Ocean County Mall.

- - - Updated - - -

The posters were all taken back my Mattel at the end of the tour. I was given a large stack of decals to hand out after the tour was completed. Hmmm, still have some. The poster were one sheet size and also 1/4 sheet size. I will try to post them if possible on this site.

I'm guessing this is the full tour? Not sure if this is from the ocean county mall tour or perhaps the paramus park mall? . I don't remember ANY of it.. all I had to commemorate was this picture. thank god for the internet. If ANY of this stuff is still in storage..or can be recreated, Mattel can make up for a lot of bad press by re-creating THIS as part of their NYCC booth this year. it'll be mobbed ;o)..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Van Pelt View Post
    That was amazing! Does anyone know what mall in NJ it made a stop at?
    I WANT to say Paramus Park...but since tour manager mentioned ocean county....I'm not sure which one we attended now ;o)
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Simply Amazing!

I am so happy to find this thread! I remember seeing that in person in West Mifflin at Century III mall when I was 10 years old! I was beginning to wonder if I imagined being in a dark room with a holographic, fighting He-Man and Skeletor. This answers so many questions for me and really brings back memories.

I really enjoyed that .

It reminded me of a window display at christmas in Bloemfontain 1985 and 86 . Castle Greyskull sitting on top of grey / green styrofoam and all the heroes and villains in different poses battling each other or riding vehicles . For me as a kiddy it was amazing . Nothing as good as this video clip but special in its own way .

I would also love to go back to those days , preferably with a bigger wallet .
    MOTU and POP transformed my childhood years to gold