Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTFWTK 2.61 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.61 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

The figures that can be produced are figures that were in the original MOTU, POP and NA lines, as well as in the mini-comics for these lines.
    Characters that appeared in the 2002 MYP cartoon are also fair game.
    Filmation characters are off limits!
    Who will be produced will remain to be seen.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by RockinHard.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. RockinHard:
    Will all figures, including those with capes, be able to ride/sit in the vehicles?

2. Tundra Torque:
    How do you think the fans at SDCC will react to the four big MOTUC announcements?

3. Count Marzo:
    If you guys had access to Filmation characters in MOTUC, which ones would you love to do? Obviously Shadow Weaver is up there, but which others?

4. Grenadaspice:
    Hi Toyguru. Since you said 200 plus bios were written in case of the possible release of all those characters, what are your favorite three bios, even if those characters may never be released?

5. nightboy1984:
    I know that the only figures that are approved and in development are through early 2012, but you have stated that you have a penciled out plan for the line through 2016. In this plan have you represented all of the MOTUC factions (Great Rebellion, Heroic Warriors, Galactic Protectors, Evil Horde, Snakemen, Evil Warriors, and Space Mutants) with army builder packs?

--------------

So ask those questions!

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    In the latest Q & A 1/6/2011. It was stated "overall we are cutting down on the reissues going forward. You won’t see as many in 2012". With this cutdown will we see the "The Original" starburst disappear as fans who recieve the subscriptions are recieveing their figures with starburst when id say alot of them dont want there MOC with starburst, (i know i dont) i know recently alot of Aussies with the subscription recieved Catra with "The Original" starburst and are left with a MOC figure they really dont want, its annoying, this REALLY does affect the completist in collectors.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

You have stated that the line has a penciled out plan through 2016 even if they are only approved through spring of 2012. If you gained right to figured that you did not have when you penciled it out would all of those figures be released after the already planned ones in 2016 or would you start to change your potential line up and fit them in before then?

When and if the last major faction from the vintage line-- Meteorbs--gets represented within MOTUC, will they be able to transform to meteors or is that considered an "action feature" that would be left out?

Will we see a Fighting Foe Man sooner than later or the faction is (for the moment) only used for the bios?

What criteria do you use or follow to determine who the Club Eternia subscription figure will be?

Widget

Multi head figure reissue packed with alternate head attached

Here we go, third time lucky....

With reissues of figures with multiple heads, e.g. Whiplash, is there any chance you could package them with their alternate head attached. As a mint in sealed box collector it would be cool to have the chance to see them in their alternate appearance, like what you're doing with queen marlena.

Cheers!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Toyguru said Queen Marlena's body has new parts (possibly internal), but he said he would have to check with the design team to find out for certain which parts are new on her female buck. Can you ask design which parts are new (if any)?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Can you give us a tentative time frame of when we'll see out first mini-comic character in MOTUC that is not a He-Man variant

Who makes the colour mix and accessory selections for the TRU 2 pak figures: the 4Horsemen, Toyguru, another Matty employee or TRU?
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    Can you give us a tentative time frame of when we'll see out first mini-comic character in MOTUC that is not a He-Man variant
    We already have one - The Goddess.

But hopefully there will be another one along soon, maybe at SDCC? I believe Toyguru said that the 2012 subscription figure would be a minicomic character...
    Last edited by RocketPunch; June 10, 2011 at 05:36pm.

If when we get to barbarian He-Man (who may or may not be Oo-Larr) would it be possible to get a 2nd Ceril head with him? Ceril was in the DC comics, but may not be well known or popular enough to get a seperate release, but could easily share a body with barbarian He-Man, giving fans who want every character a chance to get him
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    do you have a Pic of Ceril? Ive never heard of him!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I am not sure if this has already been asked and answered and I missed it but my question is;

Will the 2012 Club Eternia Subscription actually be "all in"?

The 2011 Subscription did not include certain items which meant we still had to navigate mattycollector on sale day. Will this be the same for the 2012 Subscription or can we expect to get everything in our subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I'll scan one when I have a bit more time, probably the weekend
    Tweet Me!

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I am not sure if this has already been asked and answered and I missed it but my question is;

Will the 2012 Club Eternia Subscription actually be "all in"?

The 2011 Subscription did not include certain items which meant we still had to navigate mattycollector on sale day. Will this be the same for the 2012 Subscription or can we expect to get everything in our subscription?
    I think all they have said is that it would not include the vehicle if there is one. The reason is because they don't know how the first one will sell, so they aren't certain that there will be a second. Because it's still up in the air, they couldn't include it in the subscription.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I think all they have said is that it would not include the vehicle if there is one. The reason is because they don't know how the first one will sell, so they aren't certain that there will be a second. Because it's still up in the air, they couldn't include it in the subscription.
    I do recall reading something about the vehicle not being included but nothing about future weapons paks or other items. I guess my question is redundant in a way

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Do you plan on remaking He-Man with the new ankle joints or any other improvements?

What is Man-At-Arms surname or is just 'Duncan'?

Are there any plans to release new versions of King Grayskull in both stone statue deco, and green Spirit of Grayskull deco? Please note that i'm not asking for a reissue of the SDCC exclusive variants you did a few years ago; these would be all-new variants that would allow collectors who missed out on those figures to buy a cheaper alternative.

Teela, Goddess, Evil-Lyn and Adora all had ankle articulation that allowed a wide range of movement. She-Ra and Catra use a different style that limits the movement more. What was the reason for the change in ankle joints in the female characters, and what type of ankle articulation can we expect on future females?

Some of us have, at one time, been in a rut as a fan of this property for what ever reason. Does being the Brand Manager, alleged Bio Writer, Forum Poster and Fanboy Supressor and Mediater affect you as an actual fan of the MOTU property?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Do you think a red-haired bikini Teela would be possible?
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    If a character like Battleground Teela have a head very different from the 1st release, will He-Man have a different head based on Laser Power, NA or 200X?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Here's Ceril. On another page you can see he's bare footed

Attached Images Attached Images
    Tweet Me!