Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Adventures Sorceress Discussion

New Adventures Sorceress Discussion

To me, NA Sorceress ranks higher on my list than the MYP version, and possibly even rivals the original as my favorite. I really hope she's one of the characters coming sooner than later. I'm also wondering how you guys feel she should be released in the line? A-List Variant slot or Sub Exclusive? And what accessories would you like to see her come with?

She kind of looks like a white variant of space suit Marlena with a new head.

I hope she is a quarterly variant. I don't want any figure I really like to be a sub exclusive because then I couldnt buy extras of it.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    was thinking the very same thing 'bout her suit.

well, better as a variant. but, is the character available for a motuc representation?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    well, better as a variant. but, is the character available for a motuc representation?
    Yeah, New Adventures mini comics characters are available.
    Bill :: guitargod694

She's pretty awesome! Personally, I want her because I want different Sorceresses throughout the story, and I plan to use different versions as different people (rather than just different costumes). Either way though, I really like this design. Not sure about accessories, though! I know there are things people could think of that come from various cannons, but I wouldn't mind unique never-before-seen things like a futuristic mechanical hawk form or something. Maybe even a new staff, since the original MotU toy came with one.

Here's something: What do you think of her being glow in the dark? I'm pretty sure I've seen a white plastic that glows blue...is this true? It would be a great way to get her aura she's got going on there (and of course, I mean just her suit. Her face would be painted like normal, as well as her hands).
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    thanks. always iffy 'bout the rights...is there a kind of reminder of the current availabilities, somewhere in the site?

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Is she a SilverHawk? Like the SilverHawks but not her.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I thought the same thing, alter the space marlena a tad, paint it white and sculpt a new head
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I lovelovelove this version of sorceress! She definitely needs a futuristic version of her staff, and a machine gun!!
    Last edited by Judeh Simon; June 3, 2011 at 03:26pm.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    To me, NA Sorceress ranks higher on my list than the MYP version, and possibly even rivals the original as my favorite. I really hope she's one of the characters coming sooner than later. I'm also wondering how you guys feel she should be released in the line? A-List Variant slot or Sub Exclusive? And what accessories would you like to see her come with?
    She is definitely the first variant of the Sorceress that I hope we see, and if we see her sooner than the Sorceress great because I feel like the orange and blue version is still a long long way off.

For accessories? Can't she come with two open hands like Stratos! She looks like she does a lot of flying in her human form, and spellcasting besides that. If she had to come with a weapon, maybe the mini-comic/roleplaying version of the Power Sword?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post

I hope she is a quarterly variant. I don't want any figure I really like to be a sub exclusive because then I couldnt buy extras of it.
    Exactly what I thought when we saw Marlena! Heck, some fans could probably put Marlena's head on her and get their white space suit they've already requested.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I think she kicks the silverhawks' tail-feathers back to Limbo.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I would love NA Sorceress!! I want her more than a 200x Sorceress as well. She's really interesting looking. I'm clueless on any accessories though. I don't feel I "know" her well enough to decide that.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like that design - I've never seen this comic before!

If they do her - I hope they give her a cape or a cape made of wings - just so she looks a bit more closer to the Movie Sorceress.

LOL! exact...

i think she transportrs very well the feeling of the NA line...and i dont like it
    Grazellka the mighty Barbarian.

See my 3d works at www.eyerock.de

Quote Originally Posted by Grazellka View Post
    LOL! exact...

i think she transportrs very well the feeling of the NA line...and i dont like it
    Neither do I ... I wouldn't want her to be found dead in it
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

You know, I think the movie Sorceress is a cross between her and the Filmation version. I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by raptor8x View Post
    You know, I think the movie Sorceress is a cross between her and the Filmation version. I like it!
    But the movie sorceress had a medieval looking gown and a crown with crystals on it. It was actually quite far from a spacesuit and helmet.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    If they WERE to licence Classic Media's rights - as has been increasingly speculated of late - surely a cartoon NA Sorceress would become more likely than that?

*best image Google Images threw at me.

I like the helmet she's wearing. I think this is one of the better NA designs that I've seen.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    If they WERE to licence Classic Media's rights - as has been increasingly speculated of late - surely a cartoon NA Sorceress would become more likely than that?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...dventures1.jpg*

*best image Google Images threw at me.
    I hope not, at least not at first. I vastly prefer the mini comic version.

If they stick with the story they've been doing in the bios, Teela will be the sorceress by this point in the storyline.

Ya I like it. Better than Egyptian Sorceress
    All caught up on figures...now what

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    That's the first thing that I thought. Looks like a random Silverhawks character.

I don't care for her, there's like 3 other Sorceress versions that I want before this one. I want old school Filma...Style Guide blue and orange Sorceress, Mini comics White and/or Pink Sorceress repaint, as well as a 200x Sorceress I'm willing to get as I like the stactions I have. I think I'll pass on NA variants.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I like the NA mini-comic Sorceress to the Jetlag version myself. But I prefer the 200X Sorceress. In any rate, I don't care who comes first so long as everyone makes it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    That's the first thing that I thought. Looks like a random Silverhawks character.

I don't care for her, there's like 3 other Sorceress versions that I want before this one. I want old school Filma...Style Guide blue and orange Sorceress, Mini comics White and/or Pink Sorceress repaint, as well as a 200x Sorceress I'm willing to get as I like the stactions I have. I think I'll pass on NA variants.
    That's TWO 200X versions of characters that Marzo will get.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah. Marzo is slipping in his old age...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I have Chief Carnivus...and unfortunately the King Grayskull repaint that I only got because I liked the PoG sticker and blue lightning on the package, the cool accessories, and the better color scheme helped sell him to me. Still hate the character a lot though. It's one of the worst ideas in MOTU history imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Yeah. Marzo is slipping in his old age...
    Yeah...unfortunately when my old, broke ass doesnt go out partying too much anymore I end up spending waaaay too much time on here and my Vintage Purism diminishes because of it.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!